F.A.T.A.L. (Extreme, GM/players needed)

Started by Hobbes1266, April 20, 2016, 03:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSithChicken

Been reading FATAL character creation while on the train home and the creator is a madman. I'd heard the reactions and read the reviews but damn. I live with a schizophrenic and I've never seen this level of non-logic. It's insanity. I am so stoked to make a character tonight.

Thorne

Completely. Batshit. Insane. I haven't done this much math to create a character ever. Not even in 2e.

I'm still translating all those post-its to something coherent, but the results shook out to a peasant girl with two sisters, (unhappily) married, gifted-level smart, E/M on the 'alignment' scale.. and she's a bandit.
. .. ... The dice don't like coherency at all.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Hobbes1266

Quote from: DarkPrince on April 23, 2016, 03:32:03 PM
Been reading FATAL character creation while on the train home and the creator is a madman. I'd heard the reactions and read the reviews but damn. I live with a schizophrenic and I've never seen this level of non-logic. It's insanity. I am so stoked to make a character tonight.
I hope you have fun with the madness.
Quote from: Thorne on April 23, 2016, 03:43:13 PM
Completely. Batshit. Insane. I haven't done this much math to create a character ever. Not even in 2e.

I'm still translating all those post-its to something coherent, but the results shook out to a peasant girl with two sisters, (unhappily) married, gifted-level smart, E/M on the 'alignment' scale.. and she's a bandit.
. .. ... The dice don't like coherency at all.
Um... well then... maybe... her husbands a bandit and he makes her be a bandit too? ???

TheSithChicken

This whole system is an exercise in madness. Either the man who made it is certifiably insane and this journals his descent into misogynistic, mathmatical hell or he is the greatest troll the rpg community has ever known.

Hobbes1266

Quote from: DarkPrince on April 23, 2016, 03:50:27 PM
This whole system is an exercise in madness. Either the man who made it is certifiably insane and this journals his descent into misogynistic, mathmatical hell or he is the greatest troll the rpg community has ever known.
Why can't it be all of that?  ;D

Thorne

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on April 23, 2016, 03:50:09 PM
I hope you have fun with the madness.Um... well then... maybe... her husbands a bandit and he makes her be a bandit too? ???

That's one way to look at it. I figured her husband was into something she found objectionable (selling to kinder-fresser trolls?) and she had left him to try and find someone to help her bring him to justice. Only, it didn't work out the way she wanted it to... I'unno. I definitely don't think she enjoyed her time with him.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Hobbes1266

Quote from: Thorne on April 23, 2016, 03:57:51 PM
That's one way to look at it. I figured her husband was into something she found objectionable (selling to kinder-fresser trolls?) and she had left him to try and find someone to help her bring him to justice. Only, it didn't work out the way she wanted it to... I'unno. I definitely don't think she enjoyed her time with him.
I'm sure whatever you come up with will be good I was just throwing out my first thoughts. :P

Thorne

Lottie Barham
(Human bandit, female)
Middle child, three sisters, in the town of Pigshire. Turned to banditry after being married to a fat old merchant who couldn't satisfy her (and maybe some other stuff).

Hair: Albino-blonde, kinky-curly, 16" long. Blade-eyebrows
Eyes: Black
Skin: Tanned
Vision: Perfect
Height: 5' (60")
Weight: 108lbs
BMI: 21
Breadth (Armspan): 30"

Crunch

Armor: 13
Life Points: 19

Most Attractive Feature: Chest.
Least Attractive Feature: Hair
Sexual Characteristics:
Areola: 3"
Hue: Medium
Cup Size: C
Nipple Length: 3/4"

Vaginal Circumference Potential: 6-8"
Vaginal Depth: 6.15"
Hymen Resist: 52
Anal Circumference: 8-10"
Tongue Length: 3" (Tip may touch chin)
Debauchery rating: 79

Disposition: Sanguine/Phlegmatic
Sanguine: 79
Choleric: 65
Melancholic: 41
Phlegmatic: 35

Abilities:

Physique: 98
Physical Fitness: 74
   Skill Mod: -13
   Bodily Attractiveness: -13
   Sprint: 48

Strength: 90
   Skill Mod: -6
   Damage: -6%
   Clean and jerk: 49
   Bench: 99
   Dead Lift: 148

Bodily Attractiveness: 122
   Skill Mod: +12

Health: 96
   Skill Mod: -3
   Intox/Vomit: +3
   Allergies: 1 (Allergic to Mammals)
   Illness Immunity: 55%

Charisma: 99
Facial: 80
   Skill Mod: 8-10
   Description: 'Plain'

Vocal: 96
   Skill mod: -3
   Description: 'Normal'

Kinetic: 95
   Skill mod: -3
   Description: Ordinary

Rhetorical: 127
   Skill Mod: +14
   Avr. Speech Rate: 162 or 177 (50%)

Dexterity: 96
Hand/eye Coordination: 98
   Skill mod: -
   Finger Precision: 1/16th"

Agility: 119
   Skill Mod: +9
   Brawl Attacks/rd: 2
   Seconds to stand: 3

Reaction Speed: 81
   Skill Mod: -10
   Deep Sleep Recovery: 2

Enunciation: 89
   Skill Mod: -6
   Max Speech Rate: 180
   Time to cast: +20%

Intelligence: 119 (Gifted)
Language: 93
   Possible # learned: 2
   Vocab limit: 'Conversion'.

Math: 106
   Skill Mod: +3
   Highest Possible: Geometry

Analytic: 113
   Skill Mod: +6

Spatial: 107
   Skill Mod: +3
   Unfamiliar Object Assembly: 250

Wisdom: 96
Drive: 109
   Skill Mod: +6
   Hours Relaxing: 15

Intuition: 70
   Skill Mod: -17

Common Sense: 115
   Skill Mod: +9

Reflection: 93
   Earliest Memory (Age 3)

Skills:
(... deep-seated fuckery)

.. I'm pretty sure I can salvage some of this, if no one actually wants to run a game with this cluster-fuck of a system. Which, you know, I wouldn't blame them, since there is apparently no such thing as a short-cut for character creation for the 'Aedile'...

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Hobbes1266

TheGlyphstone

Actually, Appendix #6 contains a bunch of pre-generated characters. 10 of each race except Elves, whose stats he apparently just forgot to fill in.

Thorne

I didn't get that far. I figured I'd lost enough brain on creating one...

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

TheGlyphstone

I only discovered it because I had to visit Appendix Seven to randomly create my name, and accidentally didn't scroll far enough.

wander

I may or may not take a break from character building tonight, just to rest from the madness a bit... ^^;

I'll get there eventually though. :)

TheSithChicken

I know what you mean. It's maddening. My anakim is just all over the place.

TheGlyphstone

Oh man you managed to get an Anakim? Yeah, they're sort of the cream of the crop of the writer's bat-**** lunacy. Enjoy your +30 Debauchery modifier.

wander

My first character was a Troll, I managed to roll 96 for race but random rolling age (and I rerolled six times) didn't want them to be over 24, which is basically 15 in their years, so I started over and got a human.

Kinda gutted, there are some cool looking races in the book, I kinda wanted to play a Kobold.  ;D

TheGlyphstone

I only had to re-roll age once - got a 7 year old (teenage) bugbear, then a 44 year old (middle age) my second try.

TheSithChicken

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 24, 2016, 01:18:12 PM
Oh man you managed to get an Anakim? Yeah, they're sort of the cream of the crop of the writer's bat-**** lunacy. Enjoy your +30 Debauchery modifier.

Oh yeah. My character will do anything. +30 and I rolled a 96. Crazy ass debauchery chart. Being an anakim is why I have a 14" tongue and an abnormal hatred of bugbears being within 46ft of me. As opposed to my abnormal hatred of anakim being within 1 foot of me. This game is madness. I am losing sanity points making a character.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: DarkPrince on April 24, 2016, 02:44:51 PM
Oh yeah. My character will do anything. +30 and I rolled a 96. Crazy ass debauchery chart. Being an anakim is why I have a 14" tongue and an abnormal hatred of bugbears being within 46ft of me. As opposed to my abnormal hatred of anakim being within 1 foot of me. This game is madness. I am losing sanity points making a character.

Racist. ;D

Thorne

That kind of thing is probably why they recommend picking one race.

And my girl's human. Apparently, humans hate everybody pretty well equally (the writers will probably go down in history as the biggest assholes anywhere...).

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

TheSithChicken

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 24, 2016, 02:53:42 PM
Racist. ;D

As long as you keep your hairy ass at least 47 feet away we're good! Making a character in this game may have broken me.

Thorne

His hairy, /nekkid/ ass - wasn't that the one that couldn't afford clothes?

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

TheGlyphstone

Yup. 2 silver coins and an improvised club to my name.

Thorne

Oh, right. I have to purchase all that separately ... yeesh.
As bandits go, clearly mine is going to be a weird one. Can't afford a useful weapon, and for some reason, clothing for females is expensive/non-existent (... really, guys?). So.

Robe, sandals and a whip. Because, why the hell not. Good thing she's a bandit. She might be able to roll somebody for better clothes. Or, you know, something to make underwear out of. O.O

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Hobbes1266

Quote from: Thorne on April 24, 2016, 03:43:15 PM
Oh, right. I have to purchase all that separately ... yeesh.
As bandits go, clearly mine is going to be a weird one. Can't afford a useful weapon, and for some reason, clothing for females is expensive/non-existent (... really, guys?). So.

Robe, sandals and a whip. Because, why the hell not. Good thing she's a bandit. She might be able to roll somebody for better clothes. Or, you know, something to make underwear out of. O.O
Ha! Underwear... you're funny. That's just too expensive. We're going commando here!