Bullying

Started by Oniya, October 06, 2012, 05:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Yeah, I'd hoped I was done with this thread, but apparently not.  I found out today that the school district has extended the teachers' workday, requiring them to be in meetings from 7:00 to 7:30 AM.  This is about the same time that the kids are gathering to be let in to the school, meaning that there are no adults available to stand and supervise.  This morning, I stopped a group of three to four kids who had another kid off the ground and struggling in the middle of the street.  I put on my best 'drill sergeant' voice (and at that hour, pre-caffeine, I was about as gravely as R.Lee Ermey) and hollered 'Put him down!'

The response?  'That's a girl!'

Like that makes a difference?!  (Okay, to me as a mother of a little girl, it made it worse.)

My reaction?  'It doesn't matter! Put her down!'  (I should have tried for a Dwayne Johnson impersonation.  At 5'6" and 100 lbs, that would have been high comedy.)

I've got a letter in to the principal about soliciting parent volunteers to help monitor the school grounds.  I'm already going to be there, but I'm only one pair of eyes, and there are three faces to the building where the kids gather.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Koren

That is rediculous. It brings up bad memories of the bullying I recieved and to know that kids are using that sort of excuse, and that school policy even now is opening up for this is making it worse.

Surely the teachers must be aware of this situation and how it can change things, and should not be making such policies and leaving the left oevr drama for the parents and the like to deal with as well.