(Final Fantasy VIII) Balamb Garden: Relaunch Recruitment Open

Started by Fenrir, March 10, 2015, 02:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

Adorable picture, looking forward to reading the rest.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Crash

Yeah, I picture her as spunky and a bit hyper.  The opposite of her GF who is slow and thoughtful.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Crash on March 17, 2015, 08:58:57 PM
Yeah, I picture her as spunky and a bit hyper.  The opposite of her GF who is slow and thoughtful.

That's actually a really cool contrast, Crash.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Crash

Thanks. It should be fun and funny to RP out their relationship. 

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Crash

Yeah I couldn't figure anything out for Gidg, so I thought a machete would be a useful survival tool and being that her specialization works well with an outdoors character I just went that way.

la dame en noir

[This is what I have, I'd say its finished, but I would like opinions first]

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Juliette Everdeen
Enrollment Age: Six years of age

Weapon: Tranquil & Serene Weapon Description: Long double daggers with ornate carvings, which were passed on to her from her mother at the age of 6. They were named after her transition from a hyper active child to an attentive and mature young woman. They remind her of the discipline and hard work she went through to be who she is now.
Specialization: Dancer (I might need some help with this)
Current Ranking: Candidate
Victory Motto: "Had to be me, someone else would've done it wrong."
Limit Break: Danseur mortelle Limit Break Description: Juliette calmly walks to the opponent, eyes shut and regaining a sense of balance and integrity. With eyes open, she twirls in a frantic, but graceful, movement stabbing the enemy multiple times. The final attack ends with her flipping into the air and landing on the ground as she slices through the enemy.

Personality: Juliette is a very hardworking individual. Sometimes people think she is a bit stuck up, arrogant, and disconnected from her peers - but Juliette knows her better than most people. Coming into Seed at such a young age had prompted her to be who she is now. She does not like spending a lot of free time with parties, leaving the garden, and other things the students would try to invite her to. For the most part, she is a very good student and lives up to that reputation, literally. She is attentive, but very caring of others and will always lend a helping hand. Now that she is a Candidate for SeeD, failure is not an option. With her quick witted attitude, logical thinking, and fantastic fighting skills, Juliette want's nothing more than to become a SeeD and maybe an instructor one day.

Tense and frigid, Juliette hardly makes time for relationships and for good reason. She was never the type to fall for anyone, especially the playboy and flirty types, but she did and her heart ended up in shambles. This has made Juliette very unapproachable, for the most part, but she tries to keep civil, but prefers the company of books over men. Despite what seems to be a very closed off girl, she is quite out-going and loves to dance in public and in private. Dancing has been one of her biggest stress-reducing outlets since she was a child.

Backstory: Juliette was enrolled into Balamb Garden at the tender age of six years old. There was no real reason for the enrollment other than her natural ability to wield daggers gracefully. Her parents wanted her to properly learn how to manage weapons, as well as discipline. At first, Juliette was a problem child within the garden, never wanting to listen to her instructors and constantly running off to do her own thing. After several complaints and disciplinary action, Juliette was taught the art of dance by her mother in order to get her more involved and to use her energy in a positive manner.

Soon, this new talent gave her the push she needed to succeed in not only her studies, but as a person as well. When Juliette fights, it is elegant, graceful, and deadly. Dancing is at the forefront for everything that she does and could not do without it. She studies harder than most peers she comes in contact with and has very few friends because of it.

In the face of everything she has gone through, Juliette is determined to reach her goal. Now that her mother is terminally ill, she has more reason to achieve her standards and to help her family the best that she can.

Even if her pleasure and happiness are at risk.

Appearance:
Juliette

GF APPLICATION
Name: Ifrit
Established Connection: Juliette has had Ifrit in her possession for nearly 3 years now. At first it was strange, having something connected to her at this intense, but she has grown very fond of the creature. He tends to be rather arrogant, especially when summoned, but because of this Juliette has become a very confident student and soldier.
Element: Fire
Description:
Ifrit
Bonus:  These bonuses *must be passive* can be a stat boost or other passive ability within reason
Special Attack: HellFire Special Attack Description: Ifrit rises in a flurry of fire and lands on the ground with presence. He is then lifted from the ground as a great and massive fireball emerges under him, sending him several feet in the air. With his hands in a tight fist, he arches back and presses his fists forward, pounding the ball of fire into the ground in a massive explosion. Also see here

Character Journal
- 3 years ago she got her summon Ifrit through the Fire Cavern. Because of him, she has loosened up her personality just a tad.
- Recently broke up with a long-term boyfriend and now she has sworn of relationships all together.
- Her mother is very ill and becoming a SeeD would mean that she could send home money to help her father care for her.
A&A | FxF |

Crash

Green Goo Theory

Coming soon...

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: Idej on March 18, 2015, 02:50:18 AM
Halberd been used yet?

Yep. By my character. :) We have too many polearm users.

We have four and maybe five if you consider a staff a polearm. I do.

You guys also forgot that lockepick's character has duel daggers too lol.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Revenent

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on March 18, 2015, 05:16:28 AM
You guys also forgot that lockepick's character has duel daggers too lol.

I didn't consider it an issue. We can't have unique weapons for every single character, after all.

Lockepick

I think it's worth noting for the new person, regardless. I know there are only so many weapon choices in the world, but the player might still prefer something unique if possible!

Bastian's daggers are more of an arcane focus than an actual stabby-stabby. Plus, they're hardly that unique of a concept -- I've got no problem with somebody else having them for the record.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Crash

Okay I have my theme music as long as no one has taken Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones.  Now all I need is a Victory motto and I will be able to post a finished character when I get home from work.

Revenent

Quote from: lockepick on March 18, 2015, 07:20:22 AM
I think it's worth noting for the new person, regardless. I know there are only so many weapon choices in the world, but the player might still prefer something unique if possible!

Bastian's daggers are more of an arcane focus than an actual stabby-stabby. Plus, they're hardly that unique of a concept -- I've got no problem with somebody else having them for the record.

True, I didn't think about it that way. My apologies.

Quote from: Crash on March 18, 2015, 08:49:11 AM
Okay I have my theme music as long as no one has taken Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones.  Now all I need is a Victory motto and I will be able to post a finished character when I get home from work.

Looking forward to it. ;D

By the way, anybody who's submitted a finished character application, whether through this thread or through PM to me, if you haven't yet received a PM from me, or a reply to a PM conversation we were having, let me know. I think I've either approved or at least responded to every application currently up, but I just want to make sure.

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Crash

Submitted Character

CHARACTER APPLICATION
Name: Gidget O’Shae
Enrollment Age: 10

Weapon: Twin Machetes
Weapon Description

Specialization: Environment-Target Magic/Survival Tactics
Magic

Level 1
Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Slow
Level 2
Fira, Blizzara, Thundara, Aero, Stop

Current Ranking: Cadet
Victory Motto: “Well that was interesting…”
“GRUND SMASH!”
“Any day you’re alive is a good day.”

Limit Break: Battlefield Supremacy Limit Break Description: The terrain Gidget is in revolts against her enemies.  Rivers rise to drown and wash her enemies away, the plants and trees tangle and grasp, sinkholes open up underneath them and avalanches swallow them whole.

Personality: Gidget is spunky and outgoing.  You would not guess that she spent a years in the Grandidi forest her only companion her guardian force Grund.  It is rare not to find Gidget lazing around (other than when she is in the pool).  She is always active and loves sports and competitions of all kinds whether she is good at them or not.  For her it isn’t her against her competition it is her against herself as she is supremely confident.  Her confidence is more irrepressible than annoying, though her pension for playfulness can get her in trouble with her higher ups.  Part of her hyperactivity is she dislikes feeling confined and indoors.  Even after all these years at the Garden she is more comfortable in nature than in the Garden’s artificial halls.

Gidgets demeanor takes a noticeable change when she gets out of the city and into the country side.  She is more relaxed and much more alert to her surroundings.    Her survival skills are impressive and she has been assigned to take candidates out into the wilderness for survival training from time to time.  These survival exercises are the only time anyone has heard Gidget reprimand or yell at one of her peers.  Wilderness survival is no joke, not even for Gidget.

Backstory:  Gidget’s parents were famous researchers who had braved a number of expeditions into the wilder places of the continent.  For Gidget these expeditions were nothing more that great adventures.  She grew up in tents and hunting lodges and had seen more of the world at the age of eight than most adults had seen in their lives.  Despite her parents responsibilities they made sure she was educated and looked after.  The world was her playground until a research expedition into the Grandidi Forest changed her life forever. 

Gidget had wandered away from camp.  She could not have been gone for more than an hour and she thought it was strange than no one had come looking for her.  When she returned to the camp to find out why everyone in the camp was gone.  She thought they had left her, but everything was still there.  All of her things and her parents and the rest of the expedition’s equipment and supplies were there.  She waited and waited and cried and cried, but no one came…no one until Grund.

Gidget and Grund looked for her parents and the rest for a long, long time.  She had no idea how long, but at least she had a friend in the giant elemental spirit to keep her company.  She liked talking and Grund was a good listener and she learned much about the forest and the swamps and the plains from Grund when she was quiet enough to listen to the forever patient boulder.  Two years of wandering ended when the companions happened upon the outskirts of a town and Gidget was brought to Balamb Garden for training.

The skills Gidget had acquired in the wilds and from Grund helped her excel in her training as had the teachings of her parents which she had not forgotten.  Gidget’s rise through the ranks might have been faster if it wasn’t for her hyperactive nature and trouble maintaining the discipline necessary for becoming a full SeeD member.  As it is she has recently been promoted from Candidate to Cadet in hopes that the additional responsibility would mellow out some of her personality quirks.  In a way it has been a success.  When on assignment, away from the Garden, Gidget’s manic personality fades some in the dangerous wild.

Appearance
In Uniform

GF APPLICATION
Name: Grund
Established Connection:  Grund heard Gidget crying in the forest when she was 8 years old.  Something about the girl peaked the elemental spirit’s interest so he went to see what was wrong.  The girl showed no fear at the sight of massive spirit, only curiosity.  Despite the girl’s seeming impatience and constant questions Grund agreed to help her find her parents, however how Grund perceives time and how Gidget does are very different, so started their journey and friendship together.  Grund’s patience and thoughtfulness have a calming effect on Gidget and her inquisitiveness and energy fascinate Grund.
Element: Earth
Description

Bonus:  +Stamina, +Defense, +Magic Power, +Survival Skills
Special Attack: Earthquake Special Attack Description: Grund can shake the ground with a pounding of his giant fists that sends out a giant shockwave.  This shockwave knocks foes off of their feet and out of the air, leaving them temporarily dazed and open for attack.

Character Journal

Gidget has a habit of ambushing her friends (and aquaintances), often pounce hugging them when they least expect it.

Idej

Alright I have a few ideas then.

For a weapon that is.

Kusari-gama

Hook swords

Urumi

or

Shadow manipulation

Revenent

Quote from: Idej on March 18, 2015, 11:12:52 PM
Alright I have a few ideas then.

For a weapon that is.

Kusari-gama

Hook swords

Urumi

or

Shadow manipulation

The first three, to my knowledge, are available. :-) The last one would be kind of hard to explain in this particular universe, except as maybe an LB...

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Idej

Mossberg

"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon