News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Posting in the forums for someone else...

Started by Epicurus, August 17, 2009, 04:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epicurus

Alrighty, lovely admins,

I have a nibble of a question - I have a friend on another site who is disheartened by that site's lack of quality in regards to RPers. However, it's the site to go to for RP that particular popular platform (note: MMO). I am trying to convince her to join up here, but she's dubious that it will just lead to more disappointment.

I realise that in all likelihood I probably can't post an ad specifically on her behalf here. However, if I could, where would I place said advertisement, remembering it's for a gaming platform rather than IM or Forums? If I can't place an ad for her, am I allowed to make a post asking if there's at least people of her particular specifications, and then get her to join up? Where would I post said topic?

Thanks very much!

Maeven

Well, I know that we have members who play a myriad of MMO's.  If you have a look through Off Topic there's many threads discussing different games and there was even some talk of forming an Elliquiy guild on WoW. 

You're correct though, you can't post an ad on her behalf here. She'll need to go through the application process before doing so but I'm certain she won't be disappointed in the quality of role players here and perhaps she might even find other areas of enjoyment. :)
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Oniya

Just a thought, but if you were to find a thread in the Off-Topic (public area) that dealt with your friend's particular MMO, you could direct her to look at it without logging in - it would show that there is interest that she could then get involved with should she become a member.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TheBawdyErotic

Hmmm if you have a wow guild.. let me know which server  bwahahahahah!