Way of the Wicked (PF game) seeks 2+ characters - Just reached Big Game Status!

Started by LisztesFerenc, May 16, 2016, 02:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisztesFerenc

The Kingdom of Talingarde is the most noble, virtuous, peaceful nation in the known world. This is the story of how you burned this insipid paradise to the ground.

I'm GMing a Way of the Wicked game, where the players start as lowly criminals, and gradually rise through the ranks of a Cult of Asmodeus, aiming to destroy the kingdom of Talingarde, which had them imprisoned. I have 2 groups, currently one following the module's story-line, the other doing simultaneous missions of my own making with the help from the module's world info. I may subsequently switch up which group follows the module's mission and which one follows my own.

The first group is currently heading north by ship to make a delivery and then start something, the second group is ready to leave on their first real mission, heading into the mountains preemptively throwing a spanner in the works for when Talingarde tries to respond to the events in the north. Sorry for being vague, but each group isn't meant to know about the others mission yet, though they will in good time, when all hell breaks loose and the first calamity hits an unsuspecting Talingarde.

The new character for group 1 would be difficult to work in, but we'll manage something, the new characters for group 2 will have found their way to manor on the moor (the cult's headquarters) through the High Priest's agents, either a white haired women or a black man, we can work out the specifics of this together.

Here is a preview of the module, along with character creation rules, but I will summarize them below, as there have been two tweaks to them:
http://www.firemountaingames.com/Players_Guide.pdf

Character Creation
1.   For stat generation, choose a Focus and Foible. Your Focus stat is 18 and your Foible is 8. Then roll four 4 d10s, adding 7 to each and assign them to your remaining stats in any order. Reroll if no number rolled is higher than 12, or the sum modifier of your four rolled stats is +2 or less.
2.   Maximum HP at first level, then roll, rerolling 1s if you have d6, 1-2 for d8, 1-3 for d10 and 1-4 if you have d12. Additionally, you gain Fast Learner as a bonus feat at 1st level (even if you aren’t human).
3.   In the preview you will find a list of Crimes, choose the one you were convicted for. This is your first trait; you may then choose a second, non-crime trait.
4.   No synthesis summoner. Regular summoner is fine. I will consider 3rd party and homebrew material, but no promises.
5.   Starting level is 3 (for both groups).

I’m not too worried about party composition and covering every angle, I'd much rather have interesting characters, but if roles are important for you, the two groups have:
  Group 1, heading North by boat (seeking 1 player) - Anti-paladin, Witch and Swashbuckler (plus an oracle NPC-ed by me for now).
  Group 2, soon to leave for the mountains (seeking 2 or so players) - Magus and Bard

If you are interested, PM me your character concept and basic mechanics. If you have any question or comments include them in your PM or post them here.

Blinkin

Well, I'll just say that I'm surprised that there hasn't been any interest in a pathfinder game... Usually, you have to beat us off with a stick! lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, lots views and also people send PM's directly than post in here :P.

Blinkin

Just thinking that it's unusual not to see half a dozen people popping up with post in a PF recruitment thread. Usually, they're hopping with the second or third page by now.

It's just quiet... *eyes shifting about suspiciously* Too quiet... the kinda quiet you get in a wafflehouse just before the roleplayers arrive... the kinda quiet of an empty library at closing... the kinda quiet you find just before something jumps out from a dungeon passage and gobbles up the thief...
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

ThisOneGal

Hello. I'm looking to play a healslut (context), probably a Life Oracle. Would that work in your game?

LSWSjr

"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Blinkin

If I recall the original recruitment thread just allowed piaso material and core races... or at least, I only remember seeing core races offered up for the game(s). At least in my game, I only remember seeing humans and, I think, an elf. Which makes sense, as they had to be able to move among the population and the population is largely the core races who appear goodly in nature.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Hobbes1266

LisztesFerenc

All races are allowed, and homebrew stuff will be considered. In your group Blinkin, Bell wasn't human, she was a modified quasi construct quasi undead creation, and Jewel was a changling.

Blinkin

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

LisztesFerenc

I got some good new players, but others weren't able to join after all, so I am still looking for some fresh blood to help burn down an kingdom.

Tamhansen

Any classes or party roles you're looking for?  I can have something ready in a few hours.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Ron Don Volante

My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

HopeFox

This sounds pretty interesting! I've always wanted to play a character who consorted with devils and/or was big on taking slaves. However, a neutral evil druid is also starting to appeal to me - someone who wanted to see suffering brought to the humanoid races, and was willing to work alongside the cult of Asmodeus to bring that about. I could pursue any of those concepts depending on what would suit the game and the party best, and I'm good with male or female characters.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Tamhansen on July 19, 2016, 05:32:40 AM
Any classes or party roles you're looking for?  I can have something ready in a few hours.

There's two groups that new players could join so any character class or role should be able to find a home.

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 19, 2016, 05:42:16 AM
Count me in! A female character okay?

Yeah, female characters are fine.

Quote from: HopeFox on July 19, 2016, 06:33:03 AM
This sounds pretty interesting! I've always wanted to play a character who consorted with devils and/or was big on taking slaves. However, a neutral evil druid is also starting to appeal to me - someone who wanted to see suffering brought to the humanoid races, and was willing to work alongside the cult of Asmodeus to bring that about. I could pursue any of those concepts depending on what would suit the game and the party best, and I'm good with male or female characters.

Either one of those would fit well. Would the consorter with devils be an arcane caster?

HopeFox

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on July 19, 2016, 06:59:32 AM
  Either one of those would fit well. Would the consorter with devils be an arcane caster?

Uh, maybe? I don't actually know how to consort with devils in Pathfinder. One moment. *goes to read*

Hmm. I could play a Summoner. That seems to be precisely the right thing for this. So sure!

The way I see him or her working is that they're working their way up through the infernal and mortal hierarchies. They have a very clear idea of their own place in the scheme of things, and will willingly abase themselves to higher powers as part of the scheme, while mercilessly dominating those beneath them. And, naturally, this applies to sex as well. :)

Ron Don Volante

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

HopeFox

Okay, I've thought about it, and I'm definitely keen on playing a summoner, with the Blood Summoner archetype. I'm thinking a female human, with an eidolon that resembles a lilim devil: a beautiful red-skinned humanoid figure with claws. Focus will be Charisma, of course. Foible will be Wisdom, because wise people don't consort with fiends.

If that sounds good for the game, I can get you a sheet later today.

LisztesFerenc

Blood Summoner sounds fun, and I like the appearance you describe. Did you choose the Lilin devil because of its supposed demon connections, or are you going to keep your character's dealings purely in the realm of LE? Either way works.

HopeFox

Glad you like it! The Lilim aspect is mostly because there's no real devil equivalent of the succubus. I do like the idea of a lilim using a mortal summoner to gain power when the rest of Hell distrusts her because of the demonic connection, though.

HopeFox

On creating a sheet:

• Level 3, right?
  • Using the Unchained Summoner or the regular one?
  • What do I start with for gear? Nothing, as per the document, or standard for level 3?

Ron Don Volante

I know how people feel about bards but I really love the idea of a Chelish Diva filled with dark songs about torture, slavery, domination all that good stuff as well as really elaborate sexy combat moves that show off her figure. Maybe looking like this or this.

How's that sound?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: HopeFox on July 19, 2016, 07:38:47 PM
On creating a sheet:

• Level 3, right?
  • Using the Unchained Summoner or the regular one?
  • What do I start with for gear? Nothing, as per the document, or standard for level 3?

Level 3, unchained summoner is fine and you start with 2,000gp + a silver holy symbol of Asmodeus and an iron circlet that allows you to change you appearance (like a hat of disguise).

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 19, 2016, 07:57:29 PM
I know how people feel about bards but I really love the idea of a Chelish Diva filled with dark songs about torture, slavery, domination all that good stuff as well as really elaborate sexy combat moves that show off her figure. Maybe looking like this or this.

How's that sound?

That should certainly work, I like the first picture and the archetype is fun. Would you be going pure bard, or dipping into a martial class? Fighter or maybe one of the Path of War classes?

Ron Don Volante

I think I want to keep it simple and keep her a pure bard... She may cut to a rogue though (still haven't decided yet). What gold/magical items will she have after character creation?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 20, 2016, 07:36:29 AM
I think I want to keep it simple and keep her a pure bard... She may cut to a rogue though (still haven't decided yet). What gold/magical items will she have after character creation?

Assuming you join via the mansion on the moors, you get 2000gp + a silver holy symbol of Asmodeus + an iron circlet that allows you to change your appearance (works like a hat of disguise).

Chulanowa

I'm interested in signing up with the mansion group. Just gotta put a thing together  ;D

Ron Don Volante

I think I'd like to join the first group if possible. Two bards in one party always tends to reduce power too much that and being the only bard would give my Diva more attention ;)

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 20, 2016, 08:14:21 AM
I think I'd like to join the first group if possible. Two bards in one party always tends to reduce power too much.

Yeah, that is probably for the best, it could have worked if you were a multiclassing melee bard, but even then the Northern adventure is probably a better fit.

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 20, 2016, 08:12:21 AM
I'm interested in signing up with the mansion group. Just gotta put a thing together  ;D

Both groups are mansion groups, one went North the other is heading, less north, but still within Talingarde. Some players are just joining the group without heading to the mansion first, they will sign their contracts later.

HopeFox

I'm happy to go with either party - whatever suits party balance and the needs of the story best.

MiraMirror

If I didn't think I was so awful at playing evil, I'd probably try to join up on this.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: MiraMirror on July 20, 2016, 09:01:58 AM
If I didn't think I was so awful at playing evil, I'd probably try to join up on this.

Well if you think it would help, maybe we could work something out with the other PCs, having your character start out good, being captured and then corrupted by the other PCs.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on July 20, 2016, 09:50:27 AM
  Well if you think it would help, maybe we could work something out with the other PCs, having your character start out good, being captured and then corrupted by the other PCs.

Yeah, this is definate possible angle. One player candidate (who sadly dropped soon as she joined) was to be healslut. A good faithful healer (a oracle with curse where it cannot break oath/promise) but through circumstance winds up as sort slave for the evil group and then corrupted to evil.

MiraMirror

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 20, 2016, 12:23:37 PM
Yeah, this is definate possible angle. One player candidate (who sadly dropped soon as she joined) was to be healslut. A good faithful healer (a oracle with curse where it cannot break oath/promise) but through circumstance winds up as sort slave for the evil group and then corrupted to evil.

Oooh. I tried to make a character for a game like this once, but I was a bit turned off by the whole "Your character must be evil at the start, and must be guilty of whatever crime he/she committed. I had an idea for someone who ended up committing some horrifying crime for the sake of her sister, perhaps to cover for aforementioned sister's own crime and take credit for it (therefore saving the sister), but the DM wouldn't let that fly because of the rules.  I've never heard the term healslut before, and admittedly, I'm not used to playing sexually experienced/active characters, but I might be able to give it a shot?

rikka

Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

CurvyKitten

I have two ideas, a female barbarian and a rogue. I'm thinking human, or halfing, maybe a cursed elf turned into a halfling (extra need for vengeance!) LOL wondering what you still have room for though?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: MiraMirror on July 20, 2016, 12:47:35 PM
Oooh. I tried to make a character for a game like this once, but I was a bit turned off by the whole "Your character must be evil at the start, and must be guilty of whatever crime he/she committed. I had an idea for someone who ended up committing some horrifying crime for the sake of her sister, perhaps to cover for aforementioned sister's own crime and take credit for it (therefore saving the sister), but the DM wouldn't let that fly because of the rules.  I've never heard the term healslut before, and admittedly, I'm not used to playing sexually experienced/active characters, but I might be able to give it a shot?

You don't have to be a healslut character, that was just an example of a character in the party who wasn't herself evil, at least not yet. The sister idea of yours could work for example, or something new.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 20, 2016, 01:06:05 PM
I have two ideas, a female barbarian and a rogue. I'm thinking human, or halfing, maybe a cursed elf turned into a halfling (extra need for vengeance!) LOL wondering what you still have room for though?

Yeah I should, I'd want to take this opportunity to bulk up both parties so there's still room, and a small character would be fun to include in one of the groups.

MiraMirror

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on July 20, 2016, 02:06:40 PM
  You don't have to be a healslut character, that was just an example of a character in the party who wasn't herself evil, at least not yet. The sister idea of yours could work for example, or something new.

Well, the biggest problem I see with the sister idea is that, yes, she did willingly commit the crime, so she is guilty, but I don't see why she'd continue fighting. Sure, there's self-preservation, but I don't know if that's enough.  The healslut bit you mentioned at least has the idea that they're unwilling, but they get corrupted so they have a reason to continue.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if we go healslut route for you, you need be okay with that your char is going to face a non-consensual sexual encounter (which is meant to step her into corruption; become addicted for sex and for her role as a slave who heals bad guys). Initially she may be accidentally oathbound to heal bad guys (as part of a sacred oath of service which she sadly does for bad guys without knowing their true natures and breaking the oath is worser than anything else she can imagine). But then later she heals bad guys not because she was oathsworn for it (albeit it can still be there) but also grow into liking it (or rather the sexual treatment she gets).

So playing healslut is to play very sexually active char, just wanting make that clear and check your okay in playing such role :).

MiraMirror

I'm totally fine with non-con encounters. I think the biggest thing is just that playing the healslut doesn't sound all that engaging/exciting, I guess. I'm fine with playing a character that steps into corruption, but that particular concept doesn't seem that exciting to me.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: MiraMirror on July 20, 2016, 02:08:59 PM
Well, the biggest problem I see with the sister idea is that, yes, she did willingly commit the crime, so she is guilty, but I don't see why she'd continue fighting. Sure, there's self-preservation, but I don't know if that's enough.  The healslut bit you mentioned at least has the idea that they're unwilling, but they get corrupted so they have a reason to continue.

There's self preservation yes. If she is wanted for a crime she might not be able to survive on herself whilst also evading the authorities (no survival skills to live off the land, no social skills to hide in a community) so she may stay with the party out of self preservation, and would need to fight to earn her keep. Another idea is the contract. At this point in the story the current characters, and most new ones, have signed a contract that they will fight against Talingarde. Your character could have ended up at the mansion, was offered a contract and accuratly read that refusing to sign it wasn't really an option. The master of the house had already revealed that he was the last High Priest of Asmodeus on the island. the church of Mitra thinks they are all dead, so once you know that they can't really risk letting you go.

Alternativly your sister or brother could be one of the new PCs, if you can work something out that that. Also she may not be guilty of the crime. As you said, she could have taken credit for something she didn't do to save a younger sibling, giving them a second chance (which they may very well have wasted).

MiraMirror

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on July 20, 2016, 02:51:26 PM
  There's self preservation yes. If she is wanted for a crime she might not be able to survive on herself whilst also evading the authorities (no survival skills to live off the land, no social skills to hide in a community) so she may stay with the party out of self preservation, and would need to fight to earn her keep. Another idea is the contract. At this point in the story the current characters, and most new ones, have signed a contract that they will fight against Talingarde. Your character could have ended up at the mansion, was offered a contract and accuratly read that refusing to sign it wasn't really an option. The master of the house had already revealed that he was the last High Priest of Asmodeus on the island. the church of Mitra thinks they are all dead, so once you know that they can't really risk letting you go.

Alternativly your sister or brother could be one of the new PCs, if you can work something out that that. Also she may not be guilty of the crime. As you said, she could have taken credit for something she didn't do to save a younger sibling, giving them a second chance (which they may very well have wasted).

I'm imagining this character as someone who would do anything to protect their sibling, anything at all.  If one of the other PCs was that sibling and somehow wound up with the current party/parties, she would stop at nothing to protect her, helping the baddies even while trying to convince the sibling to escape.  The original idea I had was that the sibling did commit a crime, something that would have been enough to land her sibling in prison. MC would have done anything to draw attention to herself, committing an even greater crime that could have been connected to the original one, in order for the guards to suspect her.  All this, to clear suspicion from her sibling.  She would willingly take up the mantle of "evil" to keep the sibling out of trouble.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: MiraMirror on July 20, 2016, 02:56:07 PM
I'm imagining this character as someone who would do anything to protect their sibling, anything at all.  If one of the other PCs was that sibling and somehow wound up with the current party/parties, she would stop at nothing to protect her, helping the baddies even while trying to convince the sibling to escape.  The original idea I had was that the sibling did commit a crime, something that would have been enough to land her sibling in prison. MC would have done anything to draw attention to herself, committing an even greater crime that could have been connected to the original one, in order for the guards to suspect her.  All this, to clear suspicion from her sibling.  She would willingly take up the mantle of "evil" to keep the sibling out of trouble.

That should work well, though it obviously eaves a lot of details blank until your sister can be found. Hopefully something can be worked out with another player, if not your sister can be an NPC, I have an idea for how to handle that.

What about mechanics? Any idea what class you'd want to play?

Ron Don Volante

Are we using the house rule mentioneed int he preview PDF of two extra skill points per level?

MiraMirror

For the time being, no, but I am looking around.  Part of me wants to use an Aasimar, just for the whole "angels/celestial blood doesn't always mean pure" deal.

For a class, I'm unsure.    I was thinking that if I was going to have a slightly unhinged sister who would do anything for sibling's sake, she might be willing to give up her body to some infernal power as well.  I'm not terribly familiar with the more evil classes,  so I'm definitely browsing.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 20, 2016, 04:17:03 PM
Are we using the house rule mentioneed int he preview PDF of two extra skill points per level?

Whilst that may be added at a later date, it is note currently being used. The "Fast Learner" feat for free was meant as a replacement for this.

Ron Don Volante

I also need to pick a region where she's famous. Or, perhaps easier, you can just let me know where it is and what it's name is?

QuoteAt 1st level, a Diva may choose a region where she is famous, and within that region, the locals are more likely to react favorably toward her. The bard gains a bonus on Bluff and Intimidate checks in that area and to influence people from that area.

At 1st level, this region is a settlement or settlements with a total population of 1,000 or fewer people, and the modifier on Bluff and Intimidate checks is +1.

MingMing

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on July 20, 2016, 04:25:27 PM
  Whilst that may be added at a later date, it is note currently being used. The "Fast Learner" feat for free was meant as a replacement for this.
Just curious, since that's a big benefit, are human characters getting anything to make up for the fact other races are getting their racial benefit?
“I have not seen one who loves virtue as he loves sex”- Confucius

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

Ron Don Volante

I assumed they stacked (humans get +2 skill points and +1 HP per level).

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 20, 2016, 04:26:59 PM
I also need to pick a region where she's famous. Or, perhaps easier, you can just let me know where it is and what it's name is?

The guide to Talingarde doesn't concern itself with such small settlements, the smallest named settlement has 1,200, so feel free to invent a place. The major areas of the realms are
The Cambrian Ports - The cultural and trade centre of the kingdom.
The Heartlands - The breadbasket of the kingdom.
The Borderlands - The northern edge of Talingarde, folk here are a little rougher as the land is less bountiful, but Mitra's grace still shines upon them.

Quote from: MingMing on July 20, 2016, 04:27:47 PM
Just curious, since that's a big benefit, are human characters getting anything to make up for the fact other races are getting their racial benefit?

Fast learner is a feat that grants 2 favoured class bonuses / level instead of just one, human's don't get the benefits by default so the house rule buffs them just as much. Whilst Fast Leaner is a bonus only feat and thus is slightly more valuable to non-humans, to me that doesn't seem to be a big enough of an issue to give humans extra stuff over.

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 20, 2016, 04:34:55 PM
I assumed they stacked (humans get +2 skill points and +1 HP per level).

Correct, though do note that you can also choose to take your racial favoured class options on one side if you wish.

MingMing

Heya I am a bit confused, is there one bard already in game or two?

I ask because I tend to favor bards myself... though in this case, it'd be more of a self-buff melee bard...

(If I don't know you, haven't communicated with you in PM's or through the Elliquiy Forums, don't just IM me out of the blue.  I will just close the window & ignore you.  Take the trouble to actually send me a greeting & talk with me in Elliquiy first!)

CurvyKitten

Almost done with my sheets, just need to finish Back grounds. :) Took a bit longer to get stat sheets done because I am honestly a bit rusty hehe.

MiraMirror

The fiendish vessel archetype looks neat, but the "must be a trifling" bit kind of kills it since I was hoping to go Aasimar.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: MingMing on July 20, 2016, 04:56:13 PM
Heya I am a bit confused, is there one bard already in game or two?

I ask because I tend to favor bards myself... though in this case, it'd be more of a self-buff melee bard...

There's one bard in the game and one player here is applying as a bard (Ron Don Volante's deva).

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 20, 2016, 04:59:35 PM
Almost done with my sheets, just need to finish Back grounds. :) Took a bit longer to get stat sheets done because I am honestly a bit rusty hehe.

I look forward to reading it. So you went with the elf cursed into a halfling?

Quote from: MiraMirror on July 20, 2016, 05:02:39 PM
The fiendish vessel archetype looks neat, but the "must be a trifling" bit kind of kills it since I was hoping to go Aasimar.

I'd allow you to take that archetype on a Aasimar with a trait, say "Fallen Blood - Choose one archetype. For the purpose of qualifying for that, toy are treated as a tiefling".

However I need to warn you that I do not allow Aasimar to take a varient heritage for free as the rules allow. I require them to spend a feat on it, similar to how tieflings used to, and still do in my games (the feat also replaces the SLA, as it did for the tiefling).

MiraMirror

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on July 20, 2016, 05:22:05 PM
  There's one bard in the game and one player here is applying as a bard (Ron Don Volante's deva).

I look forward to reading it. So you went with the elf cursed into a halfling?

I'd allow you to take that archetype on a Aasimar with a trait, say "Fallen Blood - Choose one archetype. For the purpose of qualifying for that, toy are treated as a tiefling".

However I need to warn you that I do not allow Aasimar to take a varient heritage for free as the rules allow. I require them to spend a feat on it, similar to how tieflings used to, and still do in my games (the feat also replaces the SLA, as it did for the tiefling).

That's fine, and it makes sense. Honestly, I never got why tieflings had to take the trait, but aasimars did not.  I'm still not sure if I am going with Fiendish Fessel, as I'm typically more drawn towards melee classes.   Honestly, there was a Skald archetype called Demon Dancer, but as far as I know, demons and devils don't get along terribly well, among other things.

MiraMirror

Sorry for the double post, but I had a bit of an idea.  I think that the Assassin Prestige class could be pretty flavorful for her, though I'm not sure which class to take to lead into it. Rogue is the obvious choice, but I'd want to pick something that's a bit more capable in melee, and the Rogue sort of frightens me because of how I've always been told that setting up sneak attacks is difficult.  I'd probably try to invest points into Diplomacy or Bluff, with the goal of eventually being able to worm her way into the arms of a target out of combat and set him or her up for death.

I know I've asked a ton already in trying to get a concept going on, but might I ask for some help with this from someone? Preferably through PM, because I think I've posted in the recruitment thread more than enough as it is. @_@;

Zaer Darkwail

A good candidate for assassin PrC could be stalker from Paths of War stuff (if GM allows) or Slayer core class (gets sneak attacks, stealth but also is good in melee).

CurvyKitten

hugs her base book~ see I have no idea what you all are talking about at this point LOL.

and pm sent hehe. hopefully I didn't mess it up to bad :P

Ron Don Volante

Quote from: CurvyKitten on July 20, 2016, 06:02:48 PM
hugs her base book~ see I have no idea what you all are talking about at this point LOL.

and pm sent hehe. hopefully I didn't mess it up to bad :P

Pathfinder SRD. Never leave home without it! :D

Edited to add that the PM is also sent!

MiraMirror

Okay, I think I'm going to go Slayer, maybe dip into Assassin later on.

MingMing

I am putting together a sheet and revising a concept I really wanted to RP...  but I should ask, would it be tossed out of hand, if I select the Lotus Geisha archetype bard?  Maybe stacked with Flame Dancer?

I really like the bard concept I am fleshing out in my mind, but if people think another one would be a detriment, it'll take time to find something that doesn't cross over and 'steal someone's thunder'.

HopeFox

Quote from: MiraMirror on July 20, 2016, 05:52:04 PM
I know I've asked a ton already in trying to get a concept going on, but might I ask for some help with this from someone? Preferably through PM, because I think I've posted in the recruitment thread more than enough as it is. @_@;

No need to apologize! I'm just looking forward to a new game with some people I haven't played with before. If you'd like to send me what you've got so far, I'd be happy to offer my input.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: MiraMirror on July 20, 2016, 09:54:24 PM
Okay, I think I'm going to go Slayer, maybe dip into Assassin later on.

Oooh, a fallen celestial turned killer, I like it. that should work well. Since you are aiming for s sibling, would they need to be aasimar too? Or maybe they're only a half sibling?

Quote from: MingMing on July 20, 2016, 10:01:50 PM
I am putting together a sheet and revising a concept I really wanted to RP...  but I should ask, would it be tossed out of hand, if I select the Lotus Geisha archetype bard?  Maybe stacked with Flame Dancer?

I really like the bard concept I am fleshing out in my mind, but if people think another one would be a detriment, it'll take time to find something that doesn't cross over and 'steal someone's thunder'.

It's not so much that it would dismissed out of hand, but if I need to make cuts for the game, I am less likely to choose in a way that ends up with 3 bards across too groups. That said the different archetypes help a lot, and flame dancer is a good one, especially if they dance rather than sing or use a musical instrument.

MiraMirror

A half- sibling would work just fine, so long as she thinks the other is family to her.

Ron Don Volante

Quote from: MingMing on July 20, 2016, 10:01:50 PM

MingMing, if LisztesFerenc is cool with it I wouldn't mind switching things up for a rogue. It's totally up to you though.

MiraMirror

Actually, reading over the Assassin prestige class, it's a bit underwhelming. Red Mantis Assassin seems much more flavorful, though I'm not sure how practical their Prayer Attack is...But damn, it's flavorful and awesome. I need to read up on Red Mantis.

Autocad

Since people are trying to coordinate their builds and avoid too much overlap I'm going to mention that I have an infernal-bloodline sorceress who leans towards enchantment and fire.

MiraMirror

Quote from: Autocad on July 21, 2016, 08:33:12 PM
Since people are trying to coordinate their builds and avoid too much overlap I'm going to mention that I have an infernal-bloodline sorceress who leans towards enchantment and fire.

Excellent! I shall call her Ms. Burns!

Anyway, if anyone would like to make a sister for MC to go with (or a half-sister/stepsister/adopted sibling), please do tell me. It could be fun. ^.^

Autocad

Quote from: MiraMirror on July 21, 2016, 08:34:32 PM
Excellent! I shall call her Ms. Burns!

Anyway, if anyone would like to make a sister for MC to go with (or a half-sister/stepsister/adopted sibling), please do tell me. It could be fun. ^.^

We could go celestial / infernal half sisters for sweet sweet yuri incest action!

MiraMirror

Quote from: Autocad on July 21, 2016, 09:56:42 PM
We could go celestial / infernal half sisters for sweet sweet yuri incest action!

Sure, I'll PM you so we can chat about it!

CurvyKitten

I should mention than I put together a rogue halfling. An elf that was cursed and turned into one actually hehe. Though I know it isn't fist come first serve here so if our lovely GM enjoys someone elses build better I'll bow out. :) Specially considering I've had to pester de gm for the last day or so about the build LOL Probably tired of me poking about stuff :P

MingMing

So it looks like I will be playing my very disturbing but pretty 'Bishonen' Bard!   YAY!  *tosses sparkling glitter over everyone around*

Working on the sheet asap!

Miroque

If there is still room for one more, I might be intrested.

I have some what an wicked idea for character.. (Summoner Cultist of Asmodeus)

Arklytte

This looks like a thoroughly awesome idea.  I'm still relatively new to E and am looking to dip my toe in.  This sounds perfect.  :)

Any chance that you'd consider allowing anything by Dreamscarred Press?  I'm thinking primarily of a martial initiator character, but I'm also a fan of psionics, so if you're open to either... :)