Time Passer

Started by Supergirl, October 11, 2012, 12:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supergirl

So while we wait to get approved or more over find out what our status will be I thought we could talk about all kinds of random things!!! :D
A few questions you can answer if you wish, I don't know just throwing out some random things we can talk about as I am rather bored and just want to get to know some people while waiting! :)

What type of Music do you like? Favorite Artist? Favorite Band? Favorite Song?

Do you read? If so what type of Genre do you prefer? Favorite Author and/or book?

Hmm what kind of role-play characters do you prefer to play? You can go into however much detail you want! :D

Nico

Quote from: Supergirl on October 11, 2012, 12:36:11 AM
I like many different kinds of music. Basically, everything but R'n B and Rap. I listen to classical music a lot (I love Vivaldi), and in the next moment I enjoy Trance and Techno. it depends a lot on my mood. At work, I love classical music, because it usually inspires me.

Favourite Bands, hm? Queen. I dig them. Genesis, too. Lady Gaga, Lana del Ray, Aura Dione,.... and so many, many more. ~laughs~ Too many to list them all here.

Quote from: Supergirl on October 11, 2012, 12:36:11 AMDo you read? If so what type of Genre do you prefer? Favorite Author and/or book?
I wish I would have more time to read. But I like Shakespeare a lot. Dan Brown, too. John Grisham, H.P. Lovecraft, hell, even J. K. Rowling at times. Not to mention... J. R. R. Tolkien! And Poe. No real favourite one, though. Some are good, some not so much.

Quote from: Supergirl on October 11, 2012, 12:36:11 AMHmm what kind of role-play characters do you prefer to play? You can go into however much detail you want! :D

I play only male characters. Because I suck at playing females. I tried! It was so bad! ~laughs~ I can do a female in a non sexual role, though. Like..NPC's and such, but for adult content, only males for me, please. Gay ones. I like writing what I know. :P I admire everyone who is able to do cross gender writing, though.
My characters are usually somewhere between 20 and 50 years old. I do not like characters below 20 years.

Another thing, because you didn't ask. But I'm gonna say anyways.

I love Gustav Klimt. Love him. ~nodnod~ He is really my favourite artist of all times.
Of course, I like many others, too. Dali is adorable, for example.

Supergirl

Quote from: Nicholas on October 11, 2012, 01:07:23 AM
I like many different kinds of music. Basically, everything but R'n B and Rap. I listen to classical music a lot (I love Vivaldi), and in the next moment I enjoy Trance and Techno. it depends a lot on my mood. At work, I love classical music, because it usually inspires me.

Favourite Bands, hm? Queen. I dig them. Genesis, too. Lady Gaga, Lana del Ray, Aura Dione,.... and so many, many more. ~laughs~ Too many to list them all here.
I wish I would have more time to read. But I like Shakespeare a lot. Dan Brown, too. John Grisham, H.P. Lovecraft, hell, even J. K. Rowling at times. Not to mention... J. R. R. Tolkien! And Poe. No real favourite one, though. Some are good, some not so much.

I play only male characters. Because I suck at playing females. I tried! It was so bad! ~laughs~ I can do a female in a non sexual role, though. Like..NPC's and such, but for adult content, only males for me, please. Gay ones. I like writing what I know. :P I admire everyone who is able to do cross gender writing, though.
My characters are usually somewhere between 20 and 50 years old. I do not like characters below 20 years.

Another thing, because you didn't ask. But I'm gonna say anyways.

I love Gustav Klimt. Love him. ~nodnod~ He is really my favourite artist of all times.
Of course, I like many others, too. Dali is adorable, for example.

Wow :O There are some people you have mentions I haven't heard about but others I know a lot about lol :) Thank you so much for answering!!
Lol I think you could be good at role-playing a female with time but it takes lots of practice and understanding of the other gender :P I sucked very much at playing a guy at first but after role-playing them for a while especially when others requested me to do it often I got loads better and have some kind of understanding of men as well, not enough for my life in dating and such but for my role-play characters :P tee-hee

I'm thinking I shall be discovering new artists soon with these names you have mentioned! lol :) You do seem more for the classical stuff such as shakespear :) Suites your personality as well from what I can tell :D

Salvation

Do you read? If so what type of Genre do you prefer? Favorite Author and/or book?

Hmm what kind of role-play characters do you prefer to play? You can go into however much detail you want! :D

My tastes in music are rather eclectic as I enjoy everything from Industrial to swing and opera.  This can include: Rammstein, swing, jazz, Blutengel, E Nomine, Revolting Cocks, trip hop, VNV nation, Lacuna Coil, Goldfrapp, Rammstein, Pussycat Dolls, Mozart, opera, classical, Muse, Enigma, nine inch nails, Type O Negative, Theater of Tragedy, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Shakespeare's Sister, trance, NIN, classical, ambient, classic rock, the eagles, A perfect circle, Elvis Presley, Blackmore's Night, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, ZZ top, Ella Fitzgerald, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led Zeppelin, Dethlok, Guns n' Roses, Godsmack, Rage Against the Machine, Swing, Wumpscut, Mercedes Sosa, Tchaikovsky, Mumford and Sons, the Cure ,and well..heh, a whole lot more probably.

Types of role play character that I like to play can range from those in the fantasy genre and the sci fi settings too.  I seem to really come back to those though I have done some role play in the urban settings as well, though even those have included a supernatural twist lately. I really enjoy the medieval stuff as well, and I generally play female characters, though there are a few male one that I have done and come back to.  I have a fondness for Drow, and one character was one that I played for a few years, besides another demonic type that I had.  I enjoy strong characters with a strong will, brains, and a sense of humor.   I also end up playing the evil types, but really, I think it's about variety for me as well.

Salvation

Ah, I thought I put in the part about what I enjoy reading, and I did not.

I enjoy a lot of reading as it is part of what I do in teaching literature and English as I do.  Lately, I have been rereading "Watership Down" as well as the "Lord of the Rings" Trilogy. Laurell K. Hamilton is another author that I enjoy as well as Stephen King, George R.R. Martin, , Lovecraft, Barker, Mercedes Lackey, Andre Norton, McCaffrey, Piers Anthony, and others.  I just completed the Hunger Games trilogy over the summer, and recommend that for reading as well.

leia in bikini

So while we wait to get approved or more over find out what our status will be I thought we could talk about all kinds of random things!!! :D
A few questions you can answer if you wish, I don't know just throwing out some random things we can talk about as I am rather bored and just want to get to know some people while waiting! :)

Rock... don't know on artist, AC/DC, Hell's Bells
Horror mostly... Stephen King
Depends... usually they're in a more modern setting, but I'm always willing to try something once, and I've been liking some of the medieval settings on other boards, so who knows? :) I always play female, and always the victim... probably the latter choice because of being a submissive already. I also appreciate strong will, brains, and a sense of humor in RPs as well

heathenwolf

Oh im a die hard Beatles fan, Ive got all their albums , as well as lots of souveniers. But other than that, i enjoy anything besides rap or gospel. Ive been to a Loretta lynn concert, as well as 2 Paul Mccartney concerts. Ive seen Chicago, Crosby stills and nash, and the beach boys. So my taste is all over the place.
As for Books, give me anything by H.P. Lovecraft, or Edgar Allen Poe, as well as Stephen King.  I also love to read a novel about Forgotten realms.