You know you are over 40 if...

Started by Captain Maltese, May 10, 2011, 07:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elone

Quote from: Sybl on September 25, 2011, 02:30:45 AM
You lived in a small town and garbage pick up was by horse and wagon.

*now you are just making things up*

You rode a skateboard that didn't bend.
In the end, all we have left are memories.

Roleplays: alive, done, dead, etc.
Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Sybl

Quote from: elone on September 25, 2011, 02:33:44 AM
*now you are just making things up*

You rode a skateboard that didn't bend.

*Is not making it up, if you look into my towns history, Mr Peck, picked up garbage until the week before he died*

You paid less than 50 cents for a gallon of milk

elone

Reversal of Fortune ~ The Hunt ~ Private Party Suites ~ A Learning Experience ~A Chance Encounter ~ A Bark in the Park ~
Poetry
O/O's

Sybl

elone

Poetry
O/O's

Sybl

You remember bubble ornaments on your Christmas tree.

elone

Poetry
O/O's

Angel Fire

When there were coin-op arcade game centers at every shopping mall.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Anesa

Angel Fire

Mmmhmm... and also when Donkey Kong was the main star of a Nintendo video game.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

sartracker

you remember when there was only am radio, freakin funny to remember that far back LMAO
" Sometime falling, feels like flying, even for a little while!

Sybl

You remember toys without batteries.

avorae

You used out a lighter instead of a glow-stick during the love song at a concert.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Ephemera

If you took typing in high-school.
“I bleed myself to be your drink:  Is not the blood of poets—ink?”   ―William Soutar
My Ink Blood Spilled | Who I Am | Where I Am (A/A) | Intro | Avi Source
My Poly/Kink/Random Blogs | My Drawer | My Concupiscence (O/O)
I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Nin  Working on: Ink Blood Spilled

Ephemera

You remember when Compact Discs were unveiled.
“I bleed myself to be your drink:  Is not the blood of poets—ink?”   ―William Soutar
My Ink Blood Spilled | Who I Am | Where I Am (A/A) | Intro | Avi Source
My Poly/Kink/Random Blogs | My Drawer | My Concupiscence (O/O)
I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.” ~Nin  Working on: Ink Blood Spilled

TaintedAndDelish

gaggedLouise

You actually saw the first moon landing as it happened, and remember it (okay, that's more like fifty years old, but still)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Sylk

actually, no  it's not. I was in kindergarten or first grade when that happened and I watched it on a black and white tv. Even wrote the network a letter in crayon because they pre-empted my saturday morning cartoons and I was mad. I still have the reply.... somewhere.

and I'm 47.

Warner brothers cartoons were not censored, cut or politically correct
Never underestimate the power of a single look.
    My Role Plays:  Keeping the Duchess from Harm  Rebel of Her Heart     On Flightless Wings   Hunter or Hunted My Blog  Sylken Threads

Avis habilis

... your first exposure to classical music was Bugs Bunny in The Rabbit of Seville.

Anesa

...this was your "laptop" as a kid....

despickable

When you were in the classroom you had to do maths with your head not with a calculator

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Captain Maltese

If you don't own a single electronic device yet that has a name that starts with a small i.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

lonlyazn

When miniskirts wasn't shunned as smut

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

Sybl

..when per-fabricated meant you were lieing, and had nothing to do with building a house.

eiselmann

Quote from: Prefect Mos on June 10, 2011, 04:54:07 PM
[you] Knows there over forty, cause they dont know how I guessed they would read this.

Okay theres obviously a logical explaination here but on the surface thats scary.... :-) (was quickly scanning the thread and stopped at the above post completely at random......)

you know your over 40 because you recall a time BEFORE Star Wars

The only live game of football(soccer) shown on TV each year was the FA Cup final

When you think Batman, you think Adam West first.

You rode a Chopper bike

When you went food shopping with parents, the total family food bill for them was less than the cost of buying food for your pet today.

260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0