in a time of war

Started by veilwebb, March 10, 2011, 05:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veilwebb

Great the sewer again I thought "stealing all your ideas from me are you ?" I say as I open the sewer lid and climb down.

sazzie

"Better have tied my horse up someplace safe," I grumble and jump down into the dark sewage pipes. I hear rats scurrying up and down the pipes and try to listen for an opening down the other side of the tunnel. I grab my flash light and turn it on, enlightening the tunnel up so we can see at least 15 feet ahead of us. "See, now this is why I pack more then just food," and lead the way down the tunnel.

veilwebb

"travel light is my philosophy" following her down the tunnel.  "this way" I say as she makes a wrong turn

sazzie

I shoulder up my back-pack more. And can't say that I don't agree with him on the packing philosophy. "Fine, you lead the way then," and I hand him the flashlight.

veilwebb

"don't mind if i do" I say taking the flashlight. I turn right, left, right,right, left, left, and right. "here we are" I open the sewer lid and climb out then put my head down to help her up

sazzie

I take his hand gently and push myself up into the towns square.
There was one problem though...No one was in it.
Garbage cans were knocked over, glass windows were shattered everywhere, houses were charred and paper was blowing in the wind.
"Craig, I don't think we needed to sneak in...Are you sure those were guards in the front?" I ask.

veilwebb

"yes they were" I walk over to the abandoned inn. "well there is still a shower here so im going to use it, you go to the doctors building and find medicine" I say

sazzie

I nod at Craig and head the opposite way of he. I pick up the paper that was blowing in the window. It read:
EVACUATE IMMEDIEATELY ALL PEOPLE FOUND ON PREMISIS WILL BE EXECUTED BY THE GOVERNMENT
Of course I sigh and go into an empty building with a red cross on top.

veilwebb

I finish taking my shower and I decide to go over to the doctor place and see if Sazz found anything ... When I get there she is standing outside it "hey find anything" I ask

sazzie

I hand him the piece of paper I found and shake my head, "Haven't looked yet," I say and kick the door in. The hospital lights flicker above us as we walk down the halls. I take a left and see blood splattered here and there. The government is getting worse At the end of the hall I see a room marked medicine's and decide to go in there.

There's cabinets full of every type of medicine; pain relievers, burn medicine, infection medicine, aloe vera, etc. I grab one of each and shove them in my bag and take a whole tube of infection medicine and rub it on my arm, then wrap it up with a clean bandage. "Anything you need in here?" I ask Craig.

veilwebb

"Nope, I'm good" I said finishing the paper... "Come on let's go get you a weapon" I say as I walk out

sazzie

I walk toward an old beat-down shop and peer in the dusty window. I see shelves upon shelves of weapon racks and armor. I look at Craig and motion for him to come look for himself.

A bell dingles above me as I enter...No one comes though, seeing that its an abandoned shop. Surprised the government didn't take their weapons I go to the first weapon rack and pick up a handsom oak carved bow. I examine it close, which appears to be high tech with auto-aim on it. I swing it around my back and grab for the arrow satchel next to it. Can be used with fire, posion or ice. I read.

"Help me find a good sword?" I say and quickly grab a blue handeled light sword from a rack and face Craig for a duel.

veilwebb

In what seems like one motion I slash that sword in two with mine and holster it again at my sidem "cheaply made, that one was" I said laughing . "You need that one" pointing to a shiny one in the back.

sazzie

The other half of the sword clangs on the ground, "Yeah, that wouldn't have been good," I say and drop the handle. I then walk to the back of the store and grab the one he was talking about. It had a thick steel blade, and a ruby hilt.

veilwebb

"Ready to go?" "We still got 3 days till we get there"

sazzie

"Just a sec," I go into the way back of the store and grab a sash to put my sword in. Jumping around a bit I make sure its sturdy enough to hold the sword...it is. "Alright, lets go then," I say, while grabbing a pair of coarse gloves from a windowsill.

veilwebb

"Out threw the sewer again" .... I say as I pull open the top

sazzie

"Do you have the flash light?" I ask as I follow behind him into the splooge of sewage.

veilwebb

"Who needs a flashlight" I say as I lead the way and turning here and there in ther dark. "Here we are I say and open the lid of the sewer and climb out to see the two guards waiting I jump back and yell down to sazz "we got trouble" as I do a back flip over the guards to bring the guards over after me so she can get up

sazzie

"Wait!" I yell to Craig as he unsheaths his sword. The guards didn't look hostile. "Are you guys guarding..." I then see the same mark that I have on my arm, on theirs. I then flicker my eyes toward Craig. As I do this the two guard look at eachother and ask, "Is that her?" and start toward me instead.

veilwebb

I quickly pull out my sword and stab the one closest too me and he drops to the ground dead but the other had knocked sazz down the sewer and was climbing down the ladder to get her

sazzie

I land in the splooge of sewage. Shit, this is disgusting The guard thats climbing down shuts the top of the sewer...Leaving us in complete darkness. Great I slowly back down the sewer and stop. Listening to the man coming toward me. "Sazz, who's that man your with? One of the guildies?" Shivers run down my back as he asks this in a low whisper. I don't answer him though. I take another slow step back, and unsheath my new sword quietly. "You really think he's on your side now do you?" He cackles to himself, he sounds even closer...Any minute now. I then hear him unsheath his sword, and swinging it violently through the air.

I hear it whizz past my ear so I put my sword up blindly, parrying his attack. Then with great footwork I sidestep him and slice through his back. I sit there in the dark and hear him gurgling his own blood.

veilwebb

I open the cover of the sewer "sazz u alright" I yell down

sazzie

Light encaves the sewer and I look at the dead guard, probably just turned 20...Such a waste I shake my head and go back toward the ladder and climb up. "Yeah...I'm, fine," I say and walk away.

veilwebb

I watch her walk away... *she doesn't handle death well I think to myself* ... I go over to the horse and get it ready to ride and pull out a pouch of food and start eating while I'm waiting on sazz