Feedback with the [you] thingie

Started by Ixia, May 17, 2012, 01:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixia

Hi!

I imagine that you already know this but the [ you ] tag doesn't works properly if a hidden member is visiting the thread at the same time as you. For example, if I'm hidden and I'm visiting a thread with that tag at the same time as someone that is not hidden, that other someone will see my name instead of hers.

I hope that it makes sense!
O&O's             Desires             A&A's

lollipop

It took a minute, but I found another thread with a non hidden user reading it ... and the [yo.u] tag stilled showed as "lollipop" for me.

~shrugs~

Ixia

I think that I explained it the wrong way. I'm not hidden, I was visiting my thread of ideas, there was a hidden person visiting it already and the you tag showed her name instead of mine.

Lord Drake

So basically what you say is that if I am hidden and you are not and we visit the same thread, you would read the "you" tag as "Lord Drake"??
Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

Vekseid

And there's a hidden user viewing this thread now.

[you]

Lord Drake

Okay so the [you] tag should show who this hidden use is??
— Dream Hampton

Lord Drake

It reads Lord Drake to me... as it should...
— Dream Hampton

Vekseid

If Ixia's theory of how it might be bugged is correct.

The [you] tag is pulling your name from the same place the 'Hello x, you have a bajillion messages' that shows up on the top of every page here. Or should be anyway, so if it's wrong in thread it should be wrong at the top of your screen.

Ixia

Umm... no now it's working as intended but I swear that it did fail that one time, I don't remember the name that it showed but it wasn't mine.

JackWhite

Quote from: Ixia on May 17, 2012, 02:19:47 PM
Umm... no now it's working as intended but I swear that it did fail that one time, I don't remember the name that it showed but it wasn't mine.

Maybe the tag wasn't used that time.

Ixia

It was and I know it because it was on my own thread, which is where I saw the odd behaviour of the tag. Could someone hide and check that thread? I will see if it happens one more time and take a screenshot.

Oreo

I have been hidden the whole time. If it didn't say Oreo it must be a glitch.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Ixia

Beguile's Mistress

*gets so excited when people use the [yo u] tag and my name appears*  Not

Ixia

I got it again, sort of! It says Guest now although nobody but me was on the thread ~inserts mystery music~

Oreo

That is odd. It says Oreo when I look.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Ixia

Now it says Ixia for me, I guess that it's a random glitch or something like that.

Vekseid

It's possible you're seeing a cached version of the post itself.

Arcite

I didn't even know I was hidden!  This is a really strange phenomenon.
Keep pretending this is how it's supposed to be and smile pretty for the camera.