no videos working at all

Started by WindVoyager, May 16, 2016, 07:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

No video is working at all. No you-tube, no nothing. NONE of my browsers will play any vids what so ever. I tried deleting the cookies and the like but none of the bowers will play any vids.

Its belong irritating since I'm stuck using my Accer lap top and I can't watch anything so I'm bored out of my skull. I have the same issues with my desktop as well, only its Chrome that often wont play any vids

AmberStarfire

You could have a problem with Adobe Flash (it might be missing or out of date), though I think some videos use HTML5 with the likes of Youtube.

If you make sure you have up to date browser versions and up to date Flash from the Adobe site, it might solve your problems.

WindVoyager

All my browsers are up to date. Going Inconeto with Chrome helps bt only for a short while then its back to no vids

AmberStarfire

WindVoyager

All three browsers are running java

E won't even play the vid

Firfox will play it but no sound

Chrome wont play it at all

Resting the connection does nothing for the most part and is a pain in the ass to reestablish since its wireless

]Incognito mode worked for a whole ten minutes then stopped working

Clearing the cache and cookies does nothing as well

AmberStarfire

The sound thing is odd. Maybe something to do with your sound or video drivers, or malware interfering?

Those are the only possibilities that really spring to mind.

WindVoyager

When I use Pandora the sound it just fine, but when its youtube or watchcatroons there's no sound on Firefox, e wont play and Crome some times will and some times wont

The Dark Raven

Quote from: WindVoyager on May 16, 2016, 08:48:00 PM
All three browsers are running java

E won't even play the vid

Firfox will play it but no sound

Chrome wont play it at all

Resting the connection does nothing for the most part and is a pain in the ass to reestablish since its wireless

]Incognito mode worked for a whole ten minutes then stopped working

Clearing the cache and cookies does nothing as well

Used to have this problem when I was wireless.  Mayhaps your connection is choked and too slow to run vids right now?  Going wired will definitely help if a choked connection is the issue.  Are you sharing the connection with anyone else? (wifi hotspot, in a dwelling with multiple people, etc.)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

WindVoyager

we do have wireless >.<

Im in he middle of no where so you can't get a land line unless you want to pay out the nose for them to put one in and the wirless is a shared one. Im using a  NetGear booster to get a signal  from the router

the thing is it even happens at night when I'the only one using it

AmberStarfire

The fact it's both computers and not just one suggests it may be for a reason they have in common, like your internet connection.

Why is it a pain in the ass to reset your connection? I know here that it's set to automatically reconnect, so if I turn off the router for say 10 seconds and switch it back on, it just reconnects the internet when it's booted up again.

You could ask your ISP about the videos and why they're not loading.