Remove Topic button

Started by Moebus57, September 23, 2009, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moebus57

I may have committed a mortal sin but I used it (the remove topic button) thinking  it was there to remove the topic.
I've been told using it is not wise and in fact is very unwise (my words).
I just hawked the rules and such and still am not sure of its purpose or intent (again the remove topic button). 

What is the ROE (Rules of Engagement) for using it?  for which I'm guilty...the caveat being the thread ended with mutual consent.

If you're looking for my O's no need. I don't have any Offs persay.  That allows lots and lots of maneuver room.

HairyHeretic

Generally speaking we don't remove threads. You simply let them be, and they slowly amble down the page and off into the distance :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Moebus57

That is good  feedback.  Is this considered an overt act of discourtesy as well? in terms of style points? not that I have any obviously...I'm thinking now of Mea cupla's if it is a slight after all. I will make them as they are due.
If you're looking for my O's no need. I don't have any Offs persay.  That allows lots and lots of maneuver room.

Vekseid

We can restore deleted topics. If someone else was involved in the thread, it's poor form.

Moebus57

There was and it was poor form then ...thank you
I'll make amends