Hogwarts: After the Storm (Recruiting males and females)

Started by kckolbe, June 03, 2012, 01:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

Hogwarts: After the Storm is set 5 years after the events in Deathly Hallows.  Since then, the school was closed for three years, allowing for students to be as low and 2nd year and still be 16.  Some students tested out and skipped years, so you can still be a 17 year old 7th year as well.

Our game uses a light system adapted from Green Ronin's A Song of Ice and Fire.  Thus far we have several players who are new to system RP and have found it pretty easy to understand. 

While everything is still technically open, here is what I really need:

Professors, either gender, almost any class.  Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Transfiguration are currently open, but a professor could be moved from another class if needed.  There is currently no Deputy Headmaster/mistress, and both Slytherin and Gryffindor could use a new Head of House.

At least one Co-GM, maybe two, who would be allowed to play a character of his/her own in addition to a couple of NPCs.  Either gender is fine.

Lastly, we are a bit short on male students, though I would like to get another staff character on board before picking up more students.

If you want to see the system or just pop in to OOC and say hi, here are some links for you.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141612.0  (OOC)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141607.0  (Rules)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141610.0  (Questions)
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Bobbacca

I'd be happy to play a staff member.  I was leaning more towards playing an adult than a student anyhow.  He can be both Head of Slytherin and teach either Transfiguration or Muggle Studies (which should also be open, as that was held by Alecto Carrow in Deathly Hallows, the previous Muggle Studies teacher having been fed to Nagini).

I'd be equally happy with either muggle studies or transfiguration, as transfiguration seems like a more interesting subject, but I like the idea of the new head of slytherin eschewing the stereotypical slytherin views of muggles, and trying to bring more open-minded views to his house.  (He'd still take this viewpoint as a transfiguration teacher, but it would be much more pronounced as a muggle studies teacher).

I'd be willing to have a go as the Co-GM if no one else wants to do it, because making and running NPCs offers the unique opportunity to get to play around with a variety of character concepts, and coming up with interesting NPCs is one of my favourite parts of GMing table-top games.  But it also seems like a big time commitment, so I'm just as happy to leave it if someone else really wants it.
"Well, I can be them probably as well as I can be you.  And of course, you can be you better than I can be you.  But if you're them and I'm you, everyone is thinking outside the box." -Tycho Celchu, Rebel Dream

kckolbe

Perfect!  With you and Dreamland Denizen playing professors, that fixes both the staff issue and really helps out the m/f ratio.  At this point, recruiting is open to all types and genders. 
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

kckolbe

All right.  I have all staff roles filled by players or NPCs (though one or two could be picked up if desired).  I would like to get a couple more players for students, though.  The rules system is very easy to learn and we're willing to help walk you through it.

Intro Thread