Future of Earth Scenario (interest check)

Started by GinjiAsgard, October 18, 2007, 03:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GinjiAsgard

Game name is pending.

The Story: Ten thousand years after a nuclear apocalypse Humans come up from their military fallout complexes to find the world has changed greatly. Nature has reclaimed the cities and lifeforms that were considered myths and legends roam the lands. A few humans began feeling a change within themand gain special abilities. The humans are trying to adapt to the new surroundings.

Races: most are humanoids of various kinds.
A knight's valor is measured by his deeds.
Their honor is measured by their hearts.
Darkness will keep me hidden.

Dingo

Interesting, a Fallout setting.

But Ten Thousand Years ???

Even so, it sounds interesting enough.

HairyHeretic

Obviously there was a slight malfunction on the cyrogenic capsules  :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Zephraim

Sounds fun and I love the basic idea, but ten thousand years does sound like it's a bit much. :D  Maybe five hundred?

Are you planning on using any particular game system?
If only I had as much fun at my work as I work at my fun....

HybridHalf

I can see a few ideas..... ;D

Does it have to be the Fallout Shelter Survivors, or can it be the stuff that was on earth when the bombs hit?

Dingo

Did I say that I do like the idea behind this, and that I already have some ideas ?

Vandren

Quote from: hairyheretic on October 18, 2007, 03:47:08 PM
Obviously there was a slight malfunction on the cyrogenic capsules  :)

Or the descendants of the people who fled into the shelters.

Even so 10,000 sounds a bit much.  On the other hand, 500 sounds a bit short if a nuclear-biological war is the apocalypse.
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Swedish Steel

Hehe. Sounds a little bit like the Swedish rpg Mutant. Funny, I have recently been thinking of running a Mutant game. :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

GinjiAsgard

Quote from: Dingo on October 18, 2007, 03:46:23 PM
Interesting, a Fallout setting.

But Ten Thousand Years ???

Even so, it sounds interesting enough.
Quote from: HybridHalf on October 20, 2007, 02:24:18 AM
I can see a few ideas..... ;D

Does it have to be the Fallout Shelter Survivors, or can it be the stuff that was on earth when the bombs hit?

1) Today's nuclear weapons have then ten thousand year fallout potential the war that caused this scenario the large ammo dumps of these things, Around the world, were opened and detonated.

2) Some humans were not able to get to a fallout shelter. and were forced to to try and survive using Fallout Filter Masks. But soon those failed and the began to 'evolve' into a new type of human, 'Aurian's'. The Aurian's Are able to manipulate the aura around them like tentacles. they can use their aura in all things; Work, Battle, Pleasure.

3) I am thinking of using the the Big Eyes Small Mouth system or the freeform format.
A knight's valor is measured by his deeds.
Their honor is measured by their hearts.
Darkness will keep me hidden.