Spirits - Interest Thread (Updates To Come)

Started by Eliza, March 13, 2016, 05:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eliza

Hello,

Inspired by Sally in the Syfy series, Being Human.

This post will update with more information, such as IC/OOC links, character sheets, various plots, etc.

Main Plot or Driving Force:

What is the afterlife? Yes, depending on what you believe, the place you go to after your death may be different. In some cultures, it's a majestic new world in the cloud with streets paved with gold. In others, it's a paradise that mortals can only get to through spiritual enlightenment. And of course, if you were bad in your mortal life, there may be a world filled with fire and pain and agony reserved for you.

But isn't there spirits in the world of the living? Yes, they make up most of our horror films, and thus in our nightmares and fears, but they have also spawned a craze of television shows of everyday people going to haunted places to try and capture ghosts, on film and photos, of course. What is their reasoning? They say ghosts or spirits are residual emotions left by the people who experienced a major event. The emotion is so tragic, that it imprints on the walls, the floors, the hallways. Though some believe ghosts to be more intelligent that they first seem. Given their emotion that is tying them to the areas they inhabit, some believe they are simply confused on whether they are living or dead, and through coaxing by mortals, they can find their way to their final resting place, wherever that is.

So this roleplay will encompass the lives of ghosts and the people that can sense them.

Potential Characters:
Ghosts/Spirits - these are entities that have physically died and now roam the mortal world as a ghost. Depending on the death, these entities may stay on the mortal plane indefinitely until they fulfill a certain task they could not accomplish as a mortal. Those who have accomplished their purpose are presented with a door. Ghost may have these sub-classes:

• Lesser ghost - colloquially known in the ghost community as someone who has recently died and is inexperienced with their ghostly state. They are similar to what ghost hunters call "residual hauntings," which, in the case of the ghost, the entity is trapped in a certain area (like a house or room). Lesser ghosts do not have the ability to manipulate physical objects (like doorknobs) or walk through walls.
  • Unstable ghost - these entities are those with an especially violent death, so they usually dwell in their last emotion. May also be called "poltergeists" since they can pick up and throw objects, often in a violent manner. Like Lesser ghosts, they too are bound to a certain area.
Mediums - Mortals that can sense ghosts/spirits when they are near, but cannot physically see them. They can be possessed, only if they willingly allow the ghost/spirit to do so.
Sensitives - Mortals that can physically see ghost/spirits. Cannot be possessed.

Character Sheet: Coming Soon

This roleplay may involve a small degree of genderswap. For an explanation of this theme, go here. If you're a ghost, you have the ability to possess people and if your ghostly self is a male and you possess a female, then that is sort of the genderswap that will happen.

dale108

I'm surprised no one has shown an interest in this RP idea yet.  If you get enough additional volunteers, I'm in.   ;D 
"Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning."

Grammar is Important:
Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Correct word choices is knowing if you'd rather be pissed off THEN pissed on or pissed off THAN pissed on.
Punctuation is the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

https://www.f-list.net/c/breathlessforyou

DeviantMunster

I wonder if this thread even has a... ghost of a chance.

8-)

Al Terego

Depends on how spirited the participants will be...

Eliza

Al Terego

My interest, yes.  Sadly, I don't have the time to devote to another group game so for now I will cheer from the sidelines.

pcnovaes

I'm interested, but have never role played gender swapp.

Eliza

Quote from: pcnovaes on March 24, 2016, 06:10:58 PM
I'm interested, but have never role played gender swapp.

This idea is partly genderswap and its doesn't encompass it entirely. If you're a ghost, you have the ability to possess people and if your ghostly self is a male and you possess a female, then that is sort of the genderswap that will happen.

pcnovaes

I'm interested, just tell me when the game starts

Eliza

Game won't start in a while, just trying to get all necessary information and also character sheet code for any who is interested in playing. Also, I've updated the first post, the new stuff will be colored green.

wigglebiscuit

I'll just deposit this here:
inspirational pic