Legend of Saffron Stronghold

Started by Autumn Sativus, September 01, 2013, 08:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

With the new Estate Keeper in place as Mr Bigglesworth and the dinner hour dragging out quickly to the quiet hours of late night, the new Residents would take to their Suites for the evening. A thick fog of worry hung over the manor as each of the new residents collected themselves and one by one excused themselves to sleep for the night. Whether they would be getting any rest was questionable with the evening's events fresh in everyone's minds. Could it have been a terrible accident or was it true? Was the Legend of Saffron Stronghold going to see them all to early graves? Only time could tell.

Night Roles PM me with their chosen subjects or a note that they are not using their ability if applicable.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Autumn Sativus

Morning comes and the Reisdents pile in to the dining room for breakfast, each finding their plates and cups filled with their favorites. Before too long every seat in the room is taken and everyone is relieved to find that it seems all of the Residents survived the night. Perhaps the Doctor or the Bodyguard had been hard at work through the night, or maybe they had just imagined the curse. Really only time could tell. But in the meantime they needed to be proactive. Someone had murdered Lord Grey and they couldn't take the risk that it would happen again.

Players
  • Cyrano Johnson
  • James Moriarty
  • Josietta
  • Kanrya
  • Lisar
  • LordHarketh193
  • Mr Bigglesworth
  • persephone325
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • SunshineSparkle
  • Starlequin
  • Tharic
  • ThatRPGuy
  • That Girl Analise
  • Trieste
  • Valerian
  • yugi006

Roles

• Suite Owner x9-10
  • Doctor
  • Bodyguard
  • Mad Scientist
  • Innocent Sibling
  • Vampire Sibling
  • Vampire x2-3
  • Sire

Please cast your votes for who to remove from the Stronghold in bold in your first post.
Us against the world

Kanrya

Sits down to breakfast and chews her sausage thoughtfully. "I would have to say I'd vote for Cyrano Johnson"

Galactic Druid

/me, relieved to see everyone at breakfast, but far from trusting, eyes the room suspiciously. "Lord Harketh..." he wonders aloud, "How did you come about the title of Lord?"
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

yugi006

He was glad to see everyone alive at the dining room eating breakfast. It was still too early to determine who exactly was a vampire and who was human. He had to make a decision though and hoped he made the right one. He didn't have anyone he could trust so he looked at Kanrya suspiciously. "You are one of them aren't you?"

Josietta

Josietta settled in for breakfast with circles under her eyes, worried with concern for what may happen next and unable to sleep as she should for fear of her own life. She had spent hours trying to reach out to others and felt she had a few allies in the house that could help her with the mystery before them all. She looked over toward Remiel and wondered silently just where he stood. He was one of the few she had yet to speak with. She knew some that claimed their innocence to her and she would keep them in her thoughts and on her side, until they could ferret out some of the vampires she had to rely on others words for truth.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

LordHarketh193

Looks at that rpguy.
"simple inheritance" he smirks.
"why ThatRpGuy do you ask such a thing? Don't all powerful people pass on the gift of a title by marriage or inheritance?" says so he can hear. Looks at ThatRpGuy suspiciosly, why would he ask such a odd question?
Is he planning something?maybe he's one of them? I must put garlic around my room with that one in mind.
Watches the room and then eats.

Autumn Sativus

Votes
RPGuy (2) - Harketh, Cyrano
Cyrano (1) - Kanrya
Harketh (1) - RPGuy
Kanrya (1) - yugi
Remiel (1) - Josi

Yet To Vote
James Moriarty, Lisar, Mr Bigglesworth, persephone325, Remiel, Ryven, SunshineSparkle, Starlequin, Tharic, That Girl Analise, Trieste, Valerian
Us against the world

Cyrano Johnson

"That's Doctor Cyrano Johnson Esquire, if you please," corrects the debonair academic as he swans into the room and hears his name spoken. "Of the Dickfordshire Johnsons. Honestly... the balls of some people. It's enough to make a body feel quite shafted."

Sitting down and reaching for a croissant, though, he reflects that he can't take anything too much to heart -- or to prostate, which gland he recalls is actually shaped more like the stereotypical "heart" symbol than actual heart -- since apparently everyone is still in a state over the vampire rumours which, he has to admit, have had his head throbbing with excitement and not a little trepidation all the long night. But he does his best to keep such throbbings carefully hidden as, dropping his napkin in his lap, he looks around to see a rather disagreeable fellow squinting suspiciously at someone he's identified as a "lord." Ah-hah! he thinks. Such rabble-rousing dickery can only mean one thing.

"I must confess," he announces through a mouthful of buttery croissant: "ThatRPGuy seems a bit of a stiff to me. He positively gives me the willies."
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Ryven

LordHarketh193

Quote from: Saffron on September 10, 2013, 09:41:48 AM
Votes
RPGuy (3) - Harketh, Cyrano, Ryven
Cyrano (1) - Kanrya
Harketh (1) - RPGuy
Kanrya (1) - yugi
Remiel (1) - Josi

Yet To Vote
James Moriarty, Lisar, Mr Bigglesworth, persephone325, Remiel,  SunshineSparkle, Starlequin, Tharic, That Girl Analise, Trieste, Valerian

"well i guess you two agree that his behavior is a tad Stiff and suspicious" looks at the others then at ThatRPGuy.

persephone325

Lady Persephone cast a glance at RPguy, for she was suspicious of his accusation of one of her lovers...
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

James Moriarty

Looking around the room with a great deal of surprise, the Professor addresses those assembled.  "You are all going in the wrong direction -- Guy is innocent.  The person to turn your attention to is LordHarketh193!"

Autumn Sativus

Votes
RPGuy (4) - Harketh, Cyrano, Ryven, persephone
Harketh (4) - RPGuy, JM, Josi, Mr B
Cyrano (1) - Kanrya
Kanrya (1) - yugi
Tharic (1) - Val

Yet To Vote
Lisar, Remiel, SunshineSparkle, Starlequin, Tharic, That Girl Analise, Trieste
Us against the world

Josietta

She looked back and forth between them all and saw no real reason to accuse RPGuy.  She did however listen to the Professor's exclamation that RP was innocent. Usually when someone put that out so abruptly and with fervor it meant that they had some kind of proof. She nodded in agreement and switched her vote from Remiel for the time being toward Lord Harketh.  She was sure that it was as good a lead as any.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth listened and watched each person's reactions closely.  "I too believe RPGuy is innocent.  Lord Harketh - I don't trust him either..."

Valerian

Val blinked in some surprise.  "Well... I was going to vote for Tharic," she said, slowly.  "Sorry," she added, blushing as she glanced over at Tharic himself.  "But the Professor seems so certain about Lord Harketh... perhaps you could explain why?" she asked, hesitantly.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Starlequin

The sound of songbirds roused Starlequin from a lovely dream of wine and pastries being served to him by beautiful, large-chested women. With bleary vision he checked the small alarm clock that sat on the nightstand and concluded it was far too early in the day to be bothered with nonsense like consciousness, and so he took the only action a reasonable man could. He reached under his pillow and withdrew a very large blunderbuss, aimed in the general vicinity of the windows, and opened fire on the squawking little buggers. Whether the rounds struck true or not, the blast had the happy effect of rendering Starlequin temporarily deaf, which condition he took as an excellent excuse to return to slumber.

A few hours later Starlequin woke, dressed, and rolled himself back down the hallway to find the other guests already discussing the previous evening's evils. He listened for as long as possible, but nothing much of an incriminatory nature was discovered. He would have to resort to more direct, foolproof methods. While the others continued their discussions and accusations, Starlequin wheeled over to a little-used corner and withdrew a small silver coin from one pocket. This he began to flip, once and again and again.

"Eenie, meenie, miney, moe," Starlequin muttered, "I think Persephone might be undead, yo..."
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

LordHarketh193

Looks at Persephone ans smiles at softy, at least he knew he could count on his lover.
Looks at JM.
"now I'm starting to get suspicious of you do you have a deal with a certain someone in this room James? Perhaps it's him" says clearly and points at ThatRPGuy.
"are those fangs?" looks at the two and moves away from them and takes Persephone with him.

Remiel

Remiel watched the room with sad, quiet eyes.  Just his luck--he had escaped the nightmare of Miller's Hollow and its plague of werewolves only to find himself surrounded by a more bloodthirsty, deadlier foe--vampires!  He would get no sleep tonight; he would spend the whole night whittling crucifices out of sticks, scattering salt about his room, and making sure he could see the mirror at all times.

"Could you, er, pass the garlic, please?" he asked, timorously.

Normally, in these sorts of situations, he would vote randomly--one suspect was as good as another.   But Josietta's change of vote struck him as somewhat suspicious.

"I believe I shall side with the doctor and the Muffin Man," said Remiel.  "Let us see if RPGuy is a vampire."

LordHarketh193

"yes indeed. Won't you show us ThatRPGuy unless you have something to hide? But you don't do you? Unless you really are one of them?" he says clearly for everyone to hear.

lisar

Lisa quietly ate while she listened to all the people around her.  She didn't know any of these people, and certainly had no idea who she could trust.  More importantly, who she couldn't trust.

She drank her latte, considering everything that she had heard.    Looking between RPGuy and LordHarketh, she cleared her throat and said, "I'd like to know if RPGuy is a vampire."

Once she said her piece, she went back to her plate of strawberries and tried to ignore the debate. 

Autumn Sativus

Votes
RPGuy (6) - Harketh, Cyrano, Ryven, persephone, lisar, Rem
Harketh (4) - RPGuy, JM, Josi, Mr B
Cyrano (1) - Kanrya
Kanrya (1) - yugi
Tharic (1) - Val
persephone (1) - Star

Yet To Vote
SunshineSparkle, Tharic, That Girl Analise, Trieste
Us against the world

Josietta

Josi turned and looked at Remiel with the tilt of her head as he said something about a doctor. She wet her lips and then looked between RPGuy and Harketh then back to Remiel again. "Are you saying that Cyrano is the doctor?"

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Autumn Sativus

I... uh... was that a vote change? *Headscratch*
Us against the world