News:

Main Menu

Quotes

Started by Andy, April 23, 2009, 03:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Post your Favorite quotes here, they being hillarious, stupid, evil, sexy or just plain awesome, Anything goes (Except for things that goes against E's Policy)

"But frankly, Fuck you if you want a story, Heres your story, Demons over there, Kill They Ass"

"Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw" http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/175-Ninja-Gaiden-2
Quote from: Oniya on November 15, 2012, 09:32:19 PM
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

Andys Creations: http://www.f-list.net/c/nullah%20mighthoof/

Merlyn

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Merlyn notes Vekseid's note and does so... even though he always uses that Einstein quote.
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

"I know not with what weapons world war three will be fought with, but world war four will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein.

Ons and Offs

Oniya

We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others. - Blaise Pascal
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Diabolus Lupus

"Be kind to dragons for thou art crunchy when roasted and taste good with ketchup."- Sebastian Kattalakis, Dragon Swan

"Don't make me use my Jedi ninja mind tricks on you. I might scramble your brains."- Delphine, Dream Warrior

Vekseid

* Vekseid notes that you should actually post your own signature, rather than just point it out, since over the next
decades you might change your sig.

IE
Here lies a toppled God, his fall was not a small one.
We did but make his pedestal, a narrow and tall one.
- Tleilaxu Epigram, Dune Messiah

Chevalier des Poissons

Some sentences by myself:

1 - "There is no such thing as ugly women. There are only sober men"

2 - "Heaven is the place where you will find 75 virgins waiting for you. Hell is the place where you will find 75 virgins waiting for you, but they will all be wow players" <- I am going to get killed for that one

3 - "Stepfathers are the real motherfuckers."

4 - "The most powerful thing in the universe is created by a down-front-punch sequence".

5 - "god created men. Men created street fighter. That's why I worship no gods".

Go ahead, hate me.
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

HairyHeretic

"Honor is the highest thing in the Universe; it is the power on which all things depend; it is the light by which all of life is guided.  Honor the highest within yourself, for it too is the power on which all things depend and the light by which all life is guided."  --Marcus Aurelius (stoicism)-121- 180A.D.

A man is only as old as the woman he feels.
Groucho Marx

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx

"Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay it's price." - Sun Tzu

"One should make his decisions within the space of seven breaths...With an intense, fresh and undelaying spirit, one will make his judgments within the space of seven breaths. It is a matter of being determined and having the spirit to break right through to the other side." Hagakure

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inkidu

"It is entirely seemly to see a young man felled in battle, his body mangled by the bronze spear. In his death, all things seem fair." --Homer, the Iliad
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Darius

"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed."   G.K. Chesterson

"Stop learning, start dying."  Ebenezer, The Dresden Files

"No boom today, boom tomorrow, there's always a boom tomorrow." Ivonova, Bablylon 5
When the avalanche has started, the pebbles no longer get to vote.
Ons and Offs
absence to make hearts grow fonder
Story ideas
Darius & His Ramblings
No one is an unjust villain in their own mind… we are all the hero of our own story.” A Lucio

TheHatintheCat

Quote from: Merlyn on April 23, 2009, 04:52:24 PM

Here's a good one to go with it:
"If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst forth at once in the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the shatterer of worlds."
From the Bhagavad Gita, J. Robert Oppenheimer one of the other men who worked on the Manhattan project recalled this line when he was the first blast.
Ons and Offs
A/A UPDATED back as of 2/2018!
Story Ideas

Inkidu

No poor son of a bitch ever won a war dying for his country. You win wars by making that other poor son of a bitch die for his. -Gen. George S. Patton
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mistress Maro

Quote from: The Shambler on April 23, 2009, 07:09:31 PM
2 - "Heaven is the place where you will find 75 virgins waiting for you. Hell is the place where you will find 75 virgins waiting for you, but they will all be wow players" <- I am going to get killed for that one

I play wow. >_>

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself. -Twain

By temperament, which is the real law of God, many men are goats and can't help committing adultery when they get a chance; whereas there are numbers of men who, by temperament, can keep their purity and let an opportunity go by if the woman lacks in attractiveness. -Twain
~The Shammy keeps the Maro's heart with him and the Maro keeps the Shammy's heart with her <3~

I don't like laundromats because I don't want people to know what my underwear would look like if they could fly.... or if they were caught in a really small tornado-- C&H

In short, life is made into a nonstop, commerically prepackaged masturbational fantasy.--Bloom

I thought I would create something that I would personally like to listen to because a very large portion of this world's art sucks beyond description. Yet I feel that, it's a waste of time to pass judgement and who the fuck am I to declare myself an authority who's cerified, one who has the right to critique. -Kurt Cobain.

Only dumb people try to impress smart people. Smart people just do what they do.
Chris Rock

Inkidu

"God created man, when he saw what kind of trouble man would get into he created dog." Adapted Chinese proverb.

TheHatintheCat

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.
Buddha
Ons and Offs
A/A UPDATED back as of 2/2018!
Story Ideas

Merlyn

Morituri Te Salutant  - In the original latin.

We who are about to die salute you.
Check here if you care why I haven't been around.
Why must all of humanity be consumed by such insanity?

Ons and Offs

Chevalier des Poissons

-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Mistress Maro

Quote from: The Shambler on April 24, 2009, 05:33:49 PM
=X See you in hell, mwahaha.

See you there. I will save you a seat right beside me.

Like Fear: Each man is afraid of his neighbor's disapproval--a thing which, to the general run of the human race, is more dreaded than wolves and death. -Twain
~The Shammy keeps the Maro's heart with him and the Maro keeps the Shammy's heart with her <3~

I don't like laundromats because I don't want people to know what my underwear would look like if they could fly.... or if they were caught in a really small tornado-- C&H

In short, life is made into a nonstop, commerically prepackaged masturbational fantasy.--Bloom

I thought I would create something that I would personally like to listen to because a very large portion of this world's art sucks beyond description. Yet I feel that, it's a waste of time to pass judgement and who the fuck am I to declare myself an authority who's cerified, one who has the right to critique. -Kurt Cobain.

Only dumb people try to impress smart people. Smart people just do what they do.
Chris Rock

HairyHeretic

"Don't worry, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist"
General John Sedgewick (famous last words thereof  :D )
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Kittenchan

this one was a slip of the tongue or not really thinking before I let it out of my mouth... either way

"So many things to see and so many people to do."

You know you have found the purrrfect one when every gesture is affectionate. >^.^<

How many kids with ADD does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Wanna go ride bikes?

Kitten's Ons and Offs

Andy

Never stick your dick in a pudding, it might still be good pudding and you can spend the rest of the night explaining that to everyone but no ones going to eat it because you stabbed your dick in it!

Ben Yahtzee Croshaw
Remember:  Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to Hell in such a way that they thank you for the vacation tip.

consortium11

Quadros: “Rampage, where do you see yourself in 2 years.”
Rampage: “Well, right now i’m 23, so in two years, I see myself being 25.”

"When I was a child I spoke as a child I understood as a child I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things."

Elektra

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand
Elektra - On/Offs
"Life expands or contracts in direct proportion to one's courage." — Anaïs Nin

Diabolus Lupus

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."- Acheron Parthenopaus

saturnschild

How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.y
-Alexander Pope

Blessed are the forgetful: for they shall have done with their stupidities too."
-Nietsche's

The greatest thing you can ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.
-Moulin Rouge

The greatest thing you can ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.-Moulin Rouge
In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.- Walking Dead
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him. - Johnny Cash

Ons and Offs saturn

Andy

If somethings hard to do, its not worth doing it.

Homer Simpsons.