Pokemon: Chains of Evolution (8/8 Gyms filled; closed until further notice.)

Started by Revenent, June 19, 2012, 04:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

I certainly hope it's fine that my character gets around on a Motorcycle.....o3o

I mean, we've seen plenty of them in the series..:3

Edit:

Omg guys...I just thought of the best. idea. ever.

POKEMON BATTLES.

ON MOTORCYCLES!

It worked for Card Games! :D

ShadowFox89

Well, I know what my character's gym challenge is going to be: A motorcycle race through the country while battling pokemon.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Karasu

I just wasn't sure on the rules for a pokemon team. CAuse in the games my usual tactic is to get the first 5 pokemon I run across first XD
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

ShadowFox89

You know, there is a pokemon D20 system.... It's not hard to learn either >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent

Quote from: Karasu on June 28, 2012, 11:54:33 PM
I just wasn't sure on the rules for a pokemon team. CAuse in the games my usual tactic is to get the first 5 pokemon I run across first XD

Well, you'll have opportunities to run into pokemon on your travels (both canon and "native" Tetso pokemon) and capture them, so you can always catch some and switch them out as you catch ones you like more. Likely, I'll have people work out their "endgame" team at some point so me and my co-GM can make sure you catch all of the ones you really want at some point. I'm just more concerned about organizing the profiles and towns out for now, though.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 28, 2012, 11:57:49 PM
You know, there is a pokemon D20 system.... It's not hard to learn either >.>

This isn't going to be a system game, when it comes to combat or catching pokemon. I wouldn't mind there being some sort of side thing at the Stadium where people can go and fight each other with that system for some added fun, but the main game stuff is going to be freeform.

Karasu

there's actually a free little program that works for battles..  best way to have pokemon battle it out.

Karasu

Here's a good question for you REv.. Coule my character perhaps have a baby pokemon that isn't used for battle? Like.. a baby hoothoot for example? In addition to the other two pokemon of starter snivy and Ralts?

Wolfy

Revenent

Quote from: Karasu on June 29, 2012, 07:55:28 PM
there's actually a free little program that works for battles..  best way to have pokemon battle it out.

I'll talk it over with Ember, but I'm hesitant about including a system. I prepare the narrative and even the narrative of battle to be directed by players, not worked around what chance dictates.

Quote from: Karasu on June 29, 2012, 08:07:05 PM
Here's a good question for you REv.. Coule my character perhaps have a baby pokemon that isn't used for battle? Like.. a baby hoothoot for example? In addition to the other two pokemon of starter snivy and Ralts?

I don't see any issue with that. If a player or two wants to start off in possession of an egg, too, that would be fine. This is just a starting point, after all.

Quote from: Wolfy on June 29, 2012, 09:58:56 PM
Soooo...when do we start.....

Probably when more than two of the twelve players beside myself have done their character applications. :P

ShadowFox89

Finished Natasa's sheet. She could just as easily be a fire trainer....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Karasu

kk Rev thanks, I've marked it on the sheet, though Hoothoot's freshly hatched, he won't let it battle just yet, it'll be a long while (like lvl 5) before he'd let Hoothoot battle XD but I'm almost done, just need to finalize the details on appearence and background and im set.

Revenent

Natasa - Approved

So you decided to just go with the two stage ones? That works for me, though I figure I should let you know one of the native Tetso pokemon is going to be a Medicham evolution, so that could be a stage two starter if you want the Medicham, I mean):

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Doesn't matter to me either way, though.

Anyway, once one more person gets done (or maybe just tomorrow, if I have the time), I'll set up a couple topics to help us move into phase two of setting up here.

Quote from: Karasu on June 29, 2012, 10:58:12 PM
kk Rev thanks, I've marked it on the sheet, though Hoothoot's freshly hatched, he won't let it battle just yet, it'll be a long while (like lvl 5) before he'd let Hoothoot battle XD but I'm almost done, just need to finalize the details on appearence and background and im set.

Sounds good. ;D I look forward to seeing what you have.

Karasu

Karasu

Name: Katsuo
Appearance:
Specialization: Psychic and Dark mainly
Orientation: Bi curious
Personality: Katsuo is a caring kind of guy, he loves seeing pokemon achieve their fullest potential possible, but on the counter side, he is fierce in battle, never going so far as to push his pokemon too far, but seems to share a kind of link with his pokemon who tend to respond appropriately.
Hometown and Region: Tetso, South Point town
Background: Katsuo was born in South point town, a small town that is located at the south tip of Tetso. He could always see the lights of the stadium from his ocean side window and his best friend, an Eevee named Toshi,  always stood by his side since he had rescued the poor pokemon a year ago.

At 10 Katsuo left home with Eevee, and received his starter pokemon, Kindlemurr. His mother had given him the Egg of a Hoothoot that was her favorite pokemon, and when it had hatched, Katsuo took such a love of it, but would never let it battle for its own safety of course, though the hoothoot did watch the battles he had. Though Katsuo seemed to be more suited to the psychic and dark types, which he did not have yet, but would, at least he expected to, he did like the psychic and dark types even from a young age.

Starting Team:
HootHoot (M), Baby, Not active for fighting, counted as "Egg" until lvl 5
Kindlemurr (M), (Lvl 21) Moves: Rollout, Smog, Flame charge
Eevee (M), (Nicknamed: Toshi) (lvl 24) Moves: Tackle, Growl, Shadow ball (TM)

ShadowFox89

Eh, don't like the Nirvomah. Doesn't follow the Meditite/Medicham naming scheme or design scheme too closely.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent

I'd say just look and compare with other Fire starters, stage one Fire types, and rodent-like pokemon, then decide what moves you would want to go with that would fit. If you're having trouble setting up a moveset after that, just let me know and I'll help out.

The profile looks pretty good, though. :-) The one thing I'm going to ask you to change is to drop either Dig or Shadow Ball as one of Toshi's moves and pick something a little weaker. I'm okay with him having one move of that power level, but I'd rather him not have two to start with.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 29, 2012, 11:37:25 PM
Eh, don't like the Nirvomah. Doesn't follow the Meditite/Medicham naming scheme or design scheme too closely.

Well, in any case, it's there, so Medicham would count as a middle evolution in this case. I just wanted to let you know in case that affected your choices in any way.

ShadowFox89

I was going to go Kirlia, but Kirlia evolves around level 28. And because we are only given 3 moves for our 'mons (4 for one of them), it wouldn't make much of sense. Bad enough that she's only got 2 mon >.<'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent

I said this at the start, but levels mean absolute, 100% nothing here, so you don't really have to worry about that. And in any case, there are plenty of gym leaders in the games who have "impossible pokemon", ones that are evolved when they're too low-leveled to be evolved, so just go with what you want.

It would be kind of boring to start with a full team of six straight off, though, wouldn't it? Then you don't have anything to work toward. :-)

ShadowFox89

Especially for psychic trainers, who have more than a dozen 'mon to pick from :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Sorry, couldn't hear you over the sound of my Kyurem, Reshiram, and Zekrom. You know, real fucking dragons.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Latooni Subota

Late, but . . . We don't need no systems! As much as I'd like a full PTA game, this is clearly guided freeform, so lets stick to that!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Karasu

Edited and fixed. It was hard as hell picking my pokemon.. cause damnit I have a full team I like using XD But like Rev said this is just the start, I canw always catch the little buggers XD

Revenent

Katsuo - Approved

Everyone looks good so far. Expect a couple new topics up later in the day, hopefully. :-)

Karasu