Why did you choose your current avatar?

Started by Moraline, December 17, 2012, 09:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano Johnson

Current avatar is Undercover Brother and the White She-Devil. I have a certain fondness for that movie... and for Denise Richards.
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

MissRoziel

Blue butterflies have been a sort of personal symbol for me, I red this quote once that butterfly wings are fragile yet withstand the fiercest wind,  though it sounded more poetic when i read it,  I thought it was really nice and kind of described how I was feeling, my little sister had passed away and a lot of stuff was going on in my life and I was really breaking down,  Butterflies since then have been kind of my thing *sheepish*
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=284574.msg14007299#msg14007299

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am also taking art commissions to go towards my goal.

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: MissRoziel on March 25, 2013, 12:21:02 PM
Blue butterflies have been a sort of personal symbol for me, I red this quote once that butterfly wings are fragile yet withstand the fiercest wind,  though it sounded more poetic when i read it,  I thought it was really nice and kind of described how I was feeling, my little sister had passed away and a lot of stuff was going on in my life and I was really breaking down,  Butterflies since then have been kind of my thing *sheepish*

Butterflies were, incidentally, historically regarded as vehicles of the soul in many traditions; St. Francis of Assissi was associated with them, Jeanne d'Arc was reputed to go to battle in a cloud of butterflies, and so on. (Sorry about your little sister, that's rough.)
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Teo Torriatte

I picked my avi... hmm tbqh because she has breasts(very nice ones imo) and wolfish features. Both of which I find quite alluring, and indicative of the image I would like to portray of myself on this site. Apparently she is from some anime I have never seen, as well.

TheLucky13

Because Bane is my one of my favorite villains ever.

Formless

Observing Trifles

Because Andrej Pejic is my favorite model.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

ElizabethRayne

I normally go for thicker models for my avatars like Ashley Graham, but this one went so well with a RP I am doing I couldn't not use it!
Lizzy's Playlist

Looking for my On's and Off's?

Current Cravings

”I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” – Pablo Neruda

Madriv

Because I really just want to unbutton my pants and take a nap.  :P

Thorne

Because I worked too dang hard on it not to show it off. *sage nod*
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Jmorty33

Because it's Vergil, he's way too badass to not to be my avi.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Formless

Aislinn

I've lately drifted in using black and white photos for my avatars and this one spoke to me a bit. I'm extremely picky about avvies but I liked the classic look. I just think its a gorgeous picture.
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Sasquatch421

It's Morgan and Mercedes Landers... The hottest sisters in Metal. I should really look and see if Kittie has a new album out...

DeadCell

Because who doesn't like a 7ft tall 300lb of pure loveliness >.>

ONS AND OFFS / Click Me For Story Ideas /
What is the colour of night?

Dizzi

I was playing with some glitch art and decided to try it with a self portrait of mine

Izzie Aditi

“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Nico

Because it is appealing to me. That's why. ;)

Moraline

My last avatar was Kato and a girlfriend laying together. I choose it because I was wishing it was me. I crush soo hard on Kato. <3

I just switched to this more sunny, playful Kato with a little nipslip because I really am looking forward to warmer weather soon.

Oniya

Quote from: Nicholas on April 01, 2013, 11:40:32 AM
Because it is appealing to me. That's why. ;)

It's appealing to a lot of people.  Just sayin'.  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Rinzler

Mine is Delville's The Treasures of Satan; as you can see, it's infernal and a bit saucy, just like me. I 'shopped some leopardprint keks on him, owing to my little quirk of putting leopardprint keks on all my previous avis - I even had Dr Strange wearing some once - which came about when I revealed to some E-people long ago that I have a leopardprint bedspread. They thought it was funny and typically dickish of me, so I just decided to run with the leopardprint theme.

AutoTune

Quote from: Dizzi on March 31, 2013, 02:59:19 PM
I was playing with some glitch art and decided to try it with a self portrait of mine
That's so coool. D: I need to try that.

My avatar is the way it is because it's the only original piece of work that I have that's decent enough to show off. :P

Aislinn

Keeping with my current theme of black and white, I like this avatar because it's quiet and a bit sad....which mirrors my mood currently.
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Nico

Quote from: Oniya on April 01, 2013, 03:43:11 PM
It's appealing to a lot of people.  Just sayin'.  ;)
I assumed as much. Mwah!  :-*

I have chosen my current avatar because it was time for a change, and because it is one of my favourites. ;D

Observing Trifles

Quote from: Nicholas on April 02, 2013, 09:03:42 AM
I assumed as much. Mwah!  :-*

I have chosen my current avatar because it was time for a change, and because it is one of my favourites. ;D

It really is quite lovely, too. :-) Just had to say.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.