The Dragon-Kin Prince ~Open to all~

Started by SimonSez, July 09, 2010, 06:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goober

Jeil woke up late that morning. Remembering all the events that had transpired last night, he quickly got ready, collected some items, swung onto his horse, and searched for Rekka in town. He couldn't find the man anywhere. When he had asked around for a 'hooded' man around town, he received information that he had already left, heading in the direction of Beira.

Beira? Interesting. I hope I didn't scare Rekka off yesterday... Indeed, Jeil seemed completely changed after sobering up in the morning. Given that his hair and eyes held the same edge of wildness as when he was drunk, his demeanor was definitely tempered with intelligence. After finding out some important bits of information late last night, especially regarding LayGuard and a certain Alexandre, Jeil had decided that traveling along with Rekka has its advantages, mainly potentially allowing him access to certain people. Guess I'll try to follow Rekka for the time being. By doing so, I could probably further my own objectives.

Kicking his mount into a gallop, he rode off into the direction of Beira. There was only one road in that direction, and figuring that Rekka didn't have a horse, meaning he couldn't have gone very far, he hoped to catch up to him. Sure enough, he could see distant figures on the path up ahead. Didn't remember him having any companions, he reflected. While he could have ridden up to Rekka, Jeil decided to play it safe, choosing instead to follow their slow pace, a few paces behind. It would be obvious to both Rekka, and the male on top of the horse that he was following, but he didn't want to startle them, or intrude upon their conversation.

A vein pulsed on his neck, as he inched along the road. What the hell was Rekka thinking? It would be days to Beira without a mount... Jeil bit his tongue. Patience.
1. "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."- Oscar Wilde
2. "Men are like steel. when they lose their temper, they lose their worth." :-)
- Chuck Norris
3. "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
4. "A word to the wise isn't necessary."
5. And finally..."I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
- A. J. Liebling

Aviva

The singer nodded her head slightly as she continued to ride her horse along side him. She fell silent for several minutes and though she was aware of a familiar face following she did not look over her shoulder. If they meant harm they would have shown it by now or she hoped she would of sensed it.

"You do choose a slow method of traveling with so much to do. Where are you heading ? "
Back from a very long break.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

SimonSez

Quote from: Aviva on July 15, 2010, 07:56:58 AM
The singer nodded her head slightly as she continued to ride her horse along side him. She fell silent for several minutes and though she was aware of a familiar face following she did not look over her shoulder. If they meant harm they would have shown it by now or she hoped she would of sensed it.

"You do choose a slow method of traveling with so much to do. Where are you heading ? "
"I can't afford a Horse " he said, he couldn't even afford an Ass, now in these times the taxes have gone up rather high because of Lords being greedy or Kings wanting money for wars against other kingdoms. "oh i forgot to say thank you for last night..." he said bowing slightly to the women. He suddenly noticed the rider behind them, Rekka saw the riders face seeing it was Jeil the so to believed drunk, he saw Jeil was keeping his distance, Rekka gestured for the man to come over guessing he didn't want to interrupt the 2 of them.

Goober

"Hello again Rekka!" Jeil greeted heartily. He rode up to Rekka. "Having money problems? Haha, don't we all? Well, have you ever ridden before? Anyways, you'll need a horse of your own sooner or later to survive outside of civilization, so getting a horse should probably be one of our first objectives." Looking across Rekka, he saw that the other rider was indeed no man, but the singer from before. He smiled, "Hello, I don't believe we've met before...Jeil at your service." He would've bowed, but doing so would have looked quite foolish on horseback. "I thought there was something more to you than a simple entertainer."
2. "Men are like steel. when they lose their temper, they lose their worth." :-)
- Chuck Norris
- Napoleon Bonaparte
5. And finally..."I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
- A. J. Liebling

SimonSez

"I can survive outside of civilization very well..its living in civilization that's the trouble..." he said to Jeil as he saw him look to the singer "i never did get your name.." he asked the young women as he turned to her.

Aviva

She bowed her head lightly to Jeil as he greeted her then a small laugh sounded at his last comment.

"That I am , I am a rather talentless entertainer but quite good on horse back. Perhaps a jester of everything and a mistress of none."

Her gaze settled back on the hooded figure at his comment about her name.

"My name is as simple as my talents, you can call me Pixie if you need a name to refer to me."

On and Offs

Story Ideas

SimonSez

"Nice to meet you Pixie ..shall we go then.." Rekka asked wondering who would allow him to ride on the back of there horse, the rain was coming down harder now and he didnt really like the rain.

Goober

Jeil chuckled at Pixie's witty remarks. "Likewise, a pleasure to meet you, O talentless one." Playfully grinning at Pixie, he looked down towards Rekka. "Hey Pixie...I don't know. Maybe we should just ride off. I mean, he's bound to catch up to us in Beira...It'll only take a few days...hahaha," Jeil remarked in a clearly teasing manner, hoping to ease some of the tension among the small group.

In a more serious demeanor, Jeil offered a hand to Rekka, "Here, grab my hand. I'll pull you up onto my mount. Rebel 'n I've been through a lot together. He wouldn't mind an extra burden. Like I asked before, do you have any riding experience?"
- Chuck Norris
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- A. J. Liebling

SimonSez

"What an entertaining pair you 2 make.." Rekka said smiling, hearing Jeil he laughed and shook his head "um none what so ever..." he said to him, he had never ridden a horse before, climbing onto the back of the Horse he held on to Jeil.

Aviva

She watched the two position themselves on the horse.

"Well you may wish to be prepared, the first ride is always the worst."

She smiled before digging her ankles into the horses sides and guided her forward waiting until the other two started to move before she would bring the horse to something beyond a slow trot.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

SimonSez

Rekka nods a she held onto Jeil, he leans his head forward so the wind wouldnt blow his hood off of his head. His hands held Jeils sides as he felt the Horse begin to move, Rekka shifted him self onto the horse more feleing him self jumping backwards.

Goober

"Never? Guess you'd better prepare for a few sore days...Riding is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. The basic gist of it is correct posture during different scenarios," Jeil said. Glancing behind him, he saw Rekka leaning forward to prevent his hood from blowing off his head. "Because we're riding together, you can feel free to lean forward to distribute your weight between us. However, at a walking pace, it's quite unfeasible to do it alone. I suggest finding some way to sit upright without worrying about your hood. You need to distribute your weight evenly." Turning towards Pixie, Jeil mentioned, "Hey Pixie, I hope you don't mind setting a slow pace for today. Figure it would be good for Rekka to get used to riding." After a while, when Jeil noticed that Rekka wasn't depending on him as much to keep from falling, Jeil pushed Rebel into a trot.

At midday, the rain wasn't letting up as the group of three continued upon the road to Beira. Still holding Rebel in a light trot, Jeil's tone turned deadly serious. "Hey, Beira is about 3 days away at a canter, a good 40 leagues away. What are we going to do until we reach there? I've been there before, so I know that there's a town on the way about a day away from Beira, but as far as I know, that's the only place we'll be able to stay. I've also noticed none of you carry blatantly obvious weapons. Other than my hunting bow, which I confess I'm not very good at, I need to know how able are you guys in protecting yourselves. If we do set up camp, and I have a feeling that this is highly likely, this is a dangerous path to spend the night. Experienced thieves and robbers oft travel at night searching for people like us, stuck on a well traveled road having to spend the night. We'll definitely have to hold watches, unless any of you can raise up a ward. And to be frank, I won't travel with you two if whoever was watching my back during my sleep couldn't hold thieves and robbers back until the rest of us had woken up..."
- Chuck Norris
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- A. J. Liebling

SimonSez

"How would you know if i got a weapon or not.." Rekka asked Jeil as his cloak covered him front and back which came with the hood "but do not worry your self Jeil iv been in Worse woods " he said as he was doing what Jeil said about Horse riding as he tried to keep him self up right a bit "..i know someone at Beira who could hock me up with some people who aren't afraid of LayGuard " he said to Jeil as he looked to Pixie unsure if it was right for her to be with him or Jeil for that matter.

Goober

"Well," Jeil smirked, "I don't see you, or anyone here for that matter wielding a staff or a sword or a mace or anything else blatantly obvious for that matter. I grant you that I never assume anyone to be weaponless, since knowledge can kill just as surely as the edge of a blade. As for me..." Jeil glanced behind, "Ah doing much better, getting used to riding eh? You picked it up pretty quickly. As for me..." Jeil returned looking forward along the road, "my preferred weapons are always with me. My fists and feet."

"I have to admit, I've never lost a pub brawl while I was drunk...at least I don't think...which leads me to the conclusion that some ale is good for the body, haha!" Jeil joked. Who knows if he was being serious or not...
- Chuck Norris
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- A. J. Liebling

SimonSez

Rekka nods hearing his story about his weapons and pub brawls, "we there yet ?.." Rekka asked as he looked over Jeil's shoulder, it was getting too cold for Rekka now as his hands were numb. Taking them off Jeil's sides for a moment he put them in his cloak to keep them warm for a moment before holding Jeil again this time useing his cloak as gloves.

Aviva

Pixie had rode her horse in silence a slightly ahead of the two though close enough to hear the conversation between them.

"I am afraid we may have a long way to go. If I was travelling alone I would be far further along as this one would be galloping rather than trotting. You do not linger here alone if you can help it. "

She brought her attention to Jeil a faint smile touching her lips.*

"I am able to take care of myself as long as the numbers are considered even and none of them are mages or sorcerers..it is only then it can get a little tricky or when severely out numbered..which does not happen often."

On and Offs

Story Ideas

SimonSez

"Like to point out its raining hard and i dout robber's would be out in the rain as harsh as this..>" Rekka said commenting on the rain and the robbers. Looking ahead he plops back into the seat again "shall we take cover at a near by Inn maybe ?..." he asked the 2 of them, checking his pouch seeing how much money he had.

Goober

Jeil chuckled. "You'd be surprised at how little the deterring quality of rain turns out to be...anyways," Jeil frowned, asking both Pixie and Rekka, "Anyone knows of a nearby inn? It would save us a lot of trouble, today at least...but I don't know of any along this main road. Judging from the sun, we've about a few more hours till dark, so if anyone has bright ideas, please share them!"

He grinned at Pixie's remark. "Pixie, you're a bit vague there about numbers being even eh? But I don't think you'll have to worry about sorcery from common villains."

"All right, might as well start getting used to a gallop," Jeil told Rekka, "Hang on tight."

Turning to Pixie, Jeil said, "Lets go at an easy gallop, no need to push our horses, since there's no way we'll reach Aaer, the town I told you about before Beira, today. Besides, full out would just be suicide in this goddamn rain..." Once he made sure Rekka was holding on tight, he nudged Rebel into a canter, leaning forward and whispering, "don't over do it there Rebel." He pushed Rebel slightly faster, and soon, Rebel was doing an easy gallop down the road. Jeil turned back, wiping the rain from his eyes. "How're you holding up there Rekka?" Jeil yelled.
- Chuck Norris
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- A. J. Liebling

Aviva

A ever so slight dig to her horses sides and Pixie's horse quickly kept up with the couple with her light weight

"Well if we start looking for a large gathering of trees. Preferably low down branches I may have a suggestion that could keep us out of the rain and almost out of sight though there is not always a guarantee anything will work as I sadly do nto recall any inns along this road. Too dangerous in truth along such a empty road. No one clsoe enough to run to should help be needed"

She yelled to Rekka and Jeil, her hood though not dry only appeared to be damp, though her hair trickled water down her forehead and along her cheeks..

On and Offs

Story Ideas

SimonSez

"Doing fine" Rekka yelled to Jeil a she held on more, looking ahead he saw the road still empty then he heard Pixie talking about the tree's "If it comes to it i guess will have to make our own little Inn" He said as the rain was coming down harder still, the wind blowing by his ears he had to yell a little. Few minutes later an Inn was in sight "were in luck" he said as he looked to the Inn but then spotted a lot of Horse's at the stable's and they all looked the same. Rekka looked to Pixie and Jeil with a questionable face, same saddles and pouch bags on the Horse's "shall i go take a look inside ?..." Rekka asked.

Aviva

Pixie stared at the inn as it appeared to come out from no where. The inn did not look familiar and she was quite sure it had not been here the last time she had traveled this road though that had been some time ago. She shrugged her shoulder's casually as she brought the horse back down to a gentle trot. Her eyes drifted along the horses and the inn once more. She was not sure but she did not like this setting. The road bar themselves had been piratically empty and yet the inn was seemingly full judging on the horses alone. The fact the horses were all similar also made her nervous though her face remained calm.

"Perhaps we should go in together."

On and Offs

Story Ideas

SimonSez

Quote from: Aviva on July 17, 2010, 02:41:28 PM
Pixie stared at the inn as it appeared to come out from no where. The inn did not look familiar and she was quite sure it had not been here the last time she had traveled this road though that had been some time ago. She shrugged her shoulder's casually as she brought the horse back down to a gentle trot. Her eyes drifted along the horses and the inn once more. She was not sure but she did not like this setting. The road bar themselves had been piratically empty and yet the inn was seemingly full judging on the horses alone. The fact the horses were all similar also made her nervous though her face remained calm.

"Perhaps we should go in together."

"No to be on the safe side just one...one of us go inside and ask for some rooms.." he said so that one would be able to see who were inside and if there was trouble they would rush in to help the other out if there was going to be any danger at all. Climbing off Jeil's Horse he went over to the Horse's in the stables seeing if there were any symbols on the Horse's saddles like some royal guards or law men had but saw there was none but they were all the same type of saddles and Horse's.

Aviva

"Only one problem with that idea. We seperate we are apart and how from inside is the person going to inform those outside they need trouble without those outside having to wait a certain length of time by then it may be too late. Especially looking at the numbers of horses there , that may not include any that double backed so there could be double the number inside. "

She looked to Jeil to see what he thought about the situation.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

DylanTheVillain

(how about a minotaur to add to the diversity ^_^)

The rain hit the ground around a deep cave with a roar echoing inward. A few men stood outside talking. "y-you go in first and i'll cover you okay" The first said trying to call over the rain. "no way! you'll run as soon as I pass the threshold." The second cried out before the third pushed them both in. The rain suddenly hushed immensely as it was not directly on them. The two shook quite a bit from the cold and their nerves. "now men, all we have to do is kill some dumb minotaur and get the money on his head. think of all that gold and you'll be fine" The two immediately  smiled and marched inward singing the word gold over and over.

What the three were unaware of was their prey was watching them quietly from the corner of the room. As they marched in he simply slunk into the shadows and used his secret passages to get ahead of them. They wandered their way to a four way intersection in the paths. "damn I know this cave system leads all over but why is it so damn complicated!" the leader yelled. The minotaur pulled a bone in the wall that he designed to set up a trap. The paths on either side of them became blocked off and He dropped down in front of them slowly standing to his full height of 7'10" They all stared in awe until he Bellowed out the most horrifying roar and they scurried off like mice, wailing the whole way.

(I'm assuming you guys are going to use the Inn as a trap for you guys so I'll send the three that way and when you're done they can lead you to the cave. I'm also assuming you need to get somewhere specific so we'll say My cave is so intricate that it just happens to lead to the outskirts of about 3 different key points for the story, or one it's up to you ^_^) 
<A href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=126865.msg5596646#msg5596646> Some Villainous ideas.</a>

Looking for a group to do an online tabletop game with. :D (Warning- may be mildly newbish)

Goober

OOC: (Sorry for not getting back in a while. I try my best, but was at friends house for most of the day...:-)) (Also, I was in the middle of making this post when DylanTheVillian posted. I have no idea where you want to go with that SimonSez, so I'll leave that up to you while I focus on the mysterious inn/ horses arc.)

Jeil turned towards Pixie. "He sure is a reckless one isn't he," nodding towards Rekka going towards the horses, "just like me." He pulled out his bow and strung it. Rekka got too near the horses. Perfect. The horses, a bit spooked by an unfamiliar figure, became uneasy, and started making some sound. Jeil drew an arrow across the bow and sighted down to where Rekka stood, having just examined the horses. A figure emerged from the inn. The stable boy. Jeil watched as the stable boy took a glance at Rekka and fled back in, no doubt to inform the rest of the occupants. Suddenly, six armed figures came rushing out. Seeing Rekka by their horses, they started to advance towards him, drawing their weapons. They were obviously thieves or robbers, carrying clubs, maces, and daggers. They seemed excited in finding a seemingly weak man with a money pouch with him.

Without hesitation, Jeil urged Rebel to close in, muttering, "Well, at least we can get a horse now." He loosed his first arrow at the strongest looking one among the six. It was a clean hit, going through the back of the man carrying the mace. The other five were momentarily surprised when their companion fell, turning around to finally notice that the hooded man they were surrounding had two companions. This allowed Jeil to quickly loosen off another arrow. Unfortunately, Jeil's hand slipped due to water, and the arrow went through a second man's leg. Stupid bow Jeil tossed his bow aside and vaulted off of his horse, landing on his feet, and sprinted towards Rekka.
- Chuck Norris
- Napoleon Bonaparte
- A. J. Liebling