Bump in the Night [Interest Check | Recruitment] -- Always Recruiting!

Started by Esoteric Myobi, May 29, 2016, 02:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dblkrose

FYI to the GM's I resubmitted Gabriel Harvester back via PM. I think it went to Esoteric Myobi. If that the right place please let me know.
"Why do Roses have Thorns... to remind you that somethings, no matter how beautiful, are not to be touched without a little sacrifice..."

-D

Captain Whitebread

It should have been sent to Esoteric Myobi AND  Saffron.
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: dblkrose on June 30, 2016, 12:15:20 AM
FYI to the GM's I resubmitted Gabriel Harvester back via PM. I think it went to Esoteric Myobi. If that the right place please let me know.

Looks like you only sent it to me. Have forwarded to Saffron and we'll try to find time to discuss today. (Please remember to include both of us in all future PMs, thanks.) :-)

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

dblkrose

"Why do Roses have Thorns... to remind you that somethings, no matter how beautiful, are not to be touched without a little sacrifice..."

-D

Autumn Sativus

You can specify more than one recipient on the same message. This is how it's intended, all of us in one message. :P
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

dblkrose

Understood I didn't know that. I forward it myself to you as soon as some one told me. I'll make sure to do so moving forward.

-D

Emjay

After some thought I have decided to withdraw my interest from the game. Best of luck to everyone!  :-)
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

dblkrose

APPROVED
Name: Gabriel Harvester
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Character Type: The Initium

Skills:
  • Police Detective: Gabriel Harvester is a Sergeant in the New Orleans Police Department (NOPD), specifically the Special Investigation (SI) Task Force. He has all the refine skill of a top notch police detective which includes police procedure and protocols, self defense (hand to hand combat), small arm & rifle marksmanship, investigative skills dealing with criminal logic & reasoning, motive deduction, questioning and interrogation, as well as some competence in forensic, psychology (criminal), and computer science. He possess skills cops normally don't admit to like picking locks and lying effectively. He worked narcotic and homicide and is skilled at going undercover.
  • Occult Lore: Harvester has a morbid fascination with the occult. As such he has study it in great detail gaining as much knowledge as normal person could without access to the true supernatural world. He has put a lot of this learned knowledge into a impressive digital database he calls "Cyrptopedia". This database is stored on his own personal server and commonly accessed off an app on his cell phone.
  • Gut Instinct: Gabriel has almost a sixth sense when it come to crime, the occult, and keeping himself alive. He always seems to be in the right place at the right time and can follow a seemingly unrecognizable pattern of facts and clues to their correct realization. This skill doesn't seem to be a supernatural ability appearing to be more of a highly developed intuition. Normally referred to by phrases like, "Something in my gut tells me..." or "I'm just following my gut."

Appearance: Harvester is about 6'2", with a muscled long frame that boarders on thin. He normally sports shoulder length brown hair which is usually unkempt and facial hair of a man who just hasn't gotten around to shaving. He normally wears a leather jacket, jeans, timberland boots and a white or grey t-shirt. He can play dress up if he wants to but he normally doesn't want to. He wears his badge in front and on his belt to display normally and carries both a shoulder rig and a holdout weapon (located on his back, tucked in his jeans with a belt clip). He has a combat knife strapped to his ankle that is silver edged.

Personality: Harvester, on the job, comes off a serious cop who wants to crack the string of unexplained crimes happening in the Big Easy. He's direct, to the point, no-nonsense way about him. He not above getting a little physical to get information or to intimidate those who needs it. He understands that their something going on that doesn't fit into everyday life but he still a skeptic when it comes to the supernatural believing most things can be debunked or proven to be a hoax. Off the job, Gabriel can be brooding at times but given a chance he opens up to be fun loving and caring. He wants to help those who can't help themselves. Hate bullies no matter what form and stands up for the little guy. He takes things personally and will hold a grudge seeking at first justice and if not revenge.

Backstory: Gabriel Harvester quick rise through the NOPD was jealously taken notice of. Though Harvester track record was spotless the "powers that be" felt Gabriel need to be "slowed" or "humbled". So they created a new one man taskforce overnight and dropped him right in it. Special Investigation was formed to look into crimes that fell outside the norm in New Orleans. Mostly homicides and attacks that left very little for everyday police and forensic efforts. Harvester was given free reign to pick and choose which cases he accepted and pursued with the expectation that he would be unable to maintain his startling arrest record and closed case numbers. What other's saw as a slap in the face, Gabriel saw as an opportunity. These unsolved mysteries or X-Files, boarded on the mysterious and open the door to some really dark and unnatural happenings around New Orleans. After diving in and cracking some of NOPD longest standing unsolved cases Gabriel continues to shine despite the efforts of his opponents at the top. Yet Harvester's gut tells him there a lot more going on in the streets after dark and he about to step into something he might not be ready for.

Character Ons/Offs: Harvester is straight and will be attractive to females or those who appear females. His occult knowledge opens him up to some freaky stuff but he won't do anything that is seen to be immoral or vile.

-D

TheDarkGoddess

Hello all! Just approved!  :-)

Name: Flora Cassidy
Sexuality: bisexual
Character Type: Initium

Skills:
  • Photographic Memory: Flora can take mental snapshots. She is able to recall visual information in great detail.
  • Artistic Ability: Flora always had a passion for drawing growing up, which came in handy to be able to relay the things she remembers in her head to other people by drawing it. Her artwork is remarkably realistic and she can even portray people's emotions and the overall "feel" of places and things.
  • Speed Reading: Flora is able to read things at an above-average pace, and thanks to her photographic memory she can recall everything she read after, and is even able to rewrite it in full.

Appearance: If it wasn't for her porcelain skin and fiery red hair, Flora would be able to disappear in any crowd with ease. She is 5'2” with a kind face, but no features that stand out. She tends to be a wallflower who is highly skilled at blending in. Though she isn't exotic or a bombshell, she has an effortless beauty often overlooked. Flora dresses on the conservative side, in plain, muted tones that are sure not to catch attention. Her make-up, if she wears it, is simple mascara and lip balm. The only thing truly special about her appearance is her smile. It is rare to be seen, but when it comes out, it is genuine, and seems to make those around her want to smile too.

Personality: Growing up the middle child in a poor family of nine children made it hard to be heard. Flora learned early that it is better to save your energy than try to shout above everyone else. In a group setting she tends to sit back and allow others to take the lead. Shy and introverted, she always preferred drawing or reading over socializing. This has led her to be very naive, because she has lacked any real life experience, especially when it comes to relationships with other people. Flora's photographic memory makes her a well of random knowledge, and she was considered a nerd growing up. She found herself manipulated often into doing the work of other students, though truly she allowed herself to be, in order to feel some connection with her peers. Without ever being given the chance to shine or display her talents, Flora is insecure and doubts herself often. She has an abundance of potential just waiting to break out of her carefully crafted shell.

Backstory: Flora was the middle child of nine. Due to the size of her family, money was always tight. Her father was a violent alcoholic who mostly worked odd jobs around town. Her mother was a CNA during the day, a waitress at night, and was rarely seen. This gave Flora's father plenty of time to terrorize his children with no one to intervene. Flora's ability to blend in was mastered quickly. She learned that if she was careful enough, she flew under the radar. When she wasn't in school, she spent her time at the local library, reading and drawing. She would stay until close, then walk around town until the usual time her father passed out. After graduation, she moved out of her house and started community college on scholarship. Not long after, she heard rumors of her mother's death at the hands of her father, an "accidental" shooting, though Flora suspects otherwise. Between fear of her family coming after her, the cost of living expenses and not being able to work enough while going to school, Flora had to drop out and get a full time job. She moves around a lot in an effort to outrun her past. She has more than one sibling who didn't take kindly to her avoiding abuse as a child and getting out of their small town as an adult, and a father with no other wish than to have complete control over what is "his". I suppose she will discover just how naive she really is, when she figures out that her family is sunshine and rainbows compared to what else is out there.

Character Ons/Offs: Flora may come off naive and conservative but deep down she craves to break free and have new experiences of all sorts

TheHangedOne

Hey there, Goddess! It's cool to see you in this game. I'm looking forward to playing with you.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

TheDarkGoddess

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 04, 2016, 12:15:22 PM
Hey there, Goddess! It's cool to see you in this game. I'm looking forward to playing with you.

Thank you!  :D Happy to be here! Whatever lurks within the shadows of this game lured me in, I was helpless to its call.

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: TheDarkGoddess on July 04, 2016, 11:56:09 AM
Hello all! Just approved!  :-)

With a family that size, I'm thinking they may have been Catholic.  Care to come and confess your sins?

I play Father Domenic Sozio.  He's one of the good guys.

Kuroneko

Or, one of the bad guys, from another point of view :P
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Captain Whitebread

You're just upset because he's going to hose her down this holy water if she moves the wrong way.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 04, 2016, 10:21:22 PM
You're just upset because he's going to hose her down this holy water if she moves the wrong way.
Is that what we're calling it these days?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Captain Whitebread

Of course that's what you call it.  You think I should call it something else?  If you can make a good case for it, I'm willing to change.....

Kuroneko

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 04, 2016, 10:21:22 PM

You're just worried that she's going to give him this tattoo:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

TheDarkGoddess

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 04, 2016, 09:23:20 PM
With a family that size, I'm thinking they may have been Catholic.  Care to come and confess your sins?

I play Father Domenic Sozio.  He's one of the good guys.

I think the church would be a very likely place for her to frequent. When I was writing her back story I did get a strong religious vibe from her parents. More authentic from the mother, her father would have been the Cult leader type, paying mind only to the Catholic beliefs that benefited him, the ones that gave him control as the Patriarch of the family. I can see my character having found comfort in the church growing up, even just as an extra place to escape to. With no friends in town yet, she would long for any type of confidant. Who better than your friendly, neighborhood priest whose job it is to listen to people?

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Kuroneko on July 05, 2016, 01:30:26 AM
You're just worried that she's going to give him this tattoo:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

It would be an improvement....

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: TheDarkGoddess on July 05, 2016, 02:55:36 AM
I think the church would be a very likely place for her to frequent. When I was writing her back story I did get a strong religious vibe from her parents. More authentic from the mother, her father would have been the Cult leader type, paying mind only to the Catholic beliefs that benefited him, the ones that gave him control as the Patriarch of the family. I can see my character having found comfort in the church growing up, even just as an extra place to escape to. With no friends in town yet, she would long for any type of confidant. Who better than your friendly, neighborhood priest whose job it is to listen to people?

I'm in.

PM me (don't forget to include out two GMs) if you want to set something up.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Hi there!

Are you guys still looking for fresh blood?  Elysian drew me over (RL friends), and I've had some limited exposure to Josi also... which hopefully isn't enough to send her running.

I have an idea in my head, but that said, I also haven't peeked at much past about half of this thread.  needless to say, it's a super interesting, overly complicated character!  Go me!

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Arcannyx on July 05, 2016, 05:18:51 PM
it's a super interesting, overly complicated character!  Go me!

The best ones usually are.

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on May 29, 2016, 02:23:35 PM
This game has officially begun!
But we're always looking for fresh blood accepting new characters so feel free to apply.

Yaaaaaaas, fresh blooOoOoOoOoood....>:)...ahem. Hi. Yes, feel free to apply. ::)

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Amarlo

-Offers her official slip of interest and hopes they take it. Then gets to working on a concept in the meantime!-

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Autumn Sativus

>:) Freeeesh meeeeeat. :P

Looking forward to what you come up with!
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~