Out Of Character- Game thread

Started by That Girl Analise, September 04, 2011, 03:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That Girl Analise

Out of Character
By That Girl Analise

Act 1     Scene 1
Chorus:     As the night falls the wicked rise, scheming.
Same for Hecate: boredom creeps; a thought
Forms. her wicked grin spreads across her face.
So now it begins.
Hecate:5

Tonight we will have
A game of lies, fate, elimination -
A game of decipt! Twenty players may
There be, each chosen very carefully.
Three fiends among them, murderous wretches
All, set to kill when the night goes to fall.
The rest shall use the daylight to fight their
Best against their foes. And with this spell I
Say: it shall begin this midsummer day.
                                                              (exeuent)

That Girl Analise

The Roles

Dramatis      Personae
Iago     Villain  In the night you murder one of the other players, sending them back to their plays
Brutus     Villain  In the night you murder one of the other players, sending them back to their plays
Aaron the Moor     Villain  In the night you murder one of the other players, sending them back to their plays
Ariel     Seer  Much like you did for Prospero, once per night, you turn invisible and spy on one of the characters, learning that person’s role in all of this.
Benvolio     Guardian  You work hard to prevent the violence and help those in need, but pick wisely who you help -you only can shield one person during the night.
Claudius     Alchemist  You poison your brother for the throne, and now you have one chance to do it again -once during the the game in the night phase, you may pick one person to poison in their sleep.
Banquo     Hunter  If killed during the day, you pick someone to haunt (much like you did Macbeth), driving them slowly insane and causing them to kill themselves during the next night phase. Note that being killed during the night phase does not activate this ability
Macbeth     Invincible  No man of woman born can kill you, and no villains can, either. Note, this does not negate a lynching, only being taken out by the three villains.
Gertrude     Martyr  Being a caring mother, you took the poison meant to kill your son, Hamlet. In a similar fashion, you can protect one person from being lynched by killing yourself before the act is carried out. This ability must be used before the final vote tally is posted. Please note: if this ability is used the actual role of the person set to be lynched is not revealed.
Friar Lawrence      Cupid You are a peaceful person, and in hopes of bringing everyone together, you marry two of the other characters, revealing their roles to each other, but not to yourself. Cupid may be one of the two lovers. In the event that the lovers are on opposite sides, they become Romeo and Juliet. See below.
Romeo and Juliet (Varries)     Star-Crossed Lovers Decided by Cupid. They know of each other’s roles, and must trust the others completely. If one of the lovers dies, the other follows their lover to death -they shall never part. Should the two lovers be on opposing sides, they become Romeo and Juliet. For the Romeo and Juliet to win, they must remain the last two standing.
Puck     Role-Blocker Once per night phase you resort to trickery to mess up a person of your choosing in their nightly activities. This does not affect the Martyr or the Invincible. If Cupid is targeted, the Lovers are chosen randomly.

That Girl Analise

The Players

Roles      Revealed
Marguerite      
Kendra     Benvolio Lynched day 1
TheVongola10th      
Ryven      
Xandria      
FoamWeber      
Saku      
Imogen      
Remiel      
Alysanthia      
Valerian      

That Girl Analise

Rules of the Game

The      Rules
1.     When you die, please don't spoil it for the others. I've yet to see that, anyway, so I'm not worried.
2.     Private discussions are welcome and encouraged, but please include me as a recipiant. I want to see! 
3.     As always, bold anc dolor your votes to make it easier! 
4.     Fast voting should not be considered as making a person automatically guilty or innocent. Of course. 

That Girl Analise

It begins

Act 1     Scene 2
          (Hecate and the chorus, the PORTER lays dead on the stage before them. A projection of his character stands behind the small group.)
Chorus:     Here, slain, we have the Porter, hailing from
Macbeth, a tragic tale. He was murdered
In the night -strangled.
Hecate:   

The fun begins now!
Accusations will fly; lies, deceit, and
finally the end comes for one of our
players publicly, and by the hand of
democracy. Will they vote correctly?
Or will they attack innocence today?
I think I shall watch the madness unfold.

Saku

Saku had been with a man earlier that evening and had quite a lot of fun with him. He had wined and dined her as was the proper thing to do when one was courting someone. But in the end she had bid him goodnight and had a friend over to talk about what had happened. Marguerite was really the best listener and Saku couldn't have hoped for a better friend, in fact she almost seemed like a sister to her. And so she slept on in her bed, oblivious to what had happened during the night as they slumbered...
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Ryven

"I cannot think but that Valerian had something to do with this gruesome event," Ryven said, eying them all with suspicion but Valerian in particular.

Kendra

Kendra:                            My face grows pale,
this night trembled while we slumbered.
The porter dead and by whose hand, remains
uncertain. And so begins the casting of stones.

she sighs and glances about her.

I do not wish to simply point the finger, it
would weigh heavy upon my heart but if I must
name at all, then Saku I name you.

Alysanthia

Tapping her chin as the thought, Alysanthia looked around with worried eyes "nothing can be done by simply naming names we must give this careful consideration."

Letting out a soft sigh she tried to piece anything together that might be of help, perhaps after a few others spoke up her mind would be less of a jumble.

Valerian

(Valerian enters, stage right)

Valerian:

Cruel destiny, to take a life so quick
And leave us adrift, with no clue to track.
Mayhap we can untangle this murder
Most foul, if destiny now pities us.
The powerless must worship Luck and Fate.

(Spins in a circle, stops, and points.)

And so mine eyes doth fall on Xandria.

(Falls into a dizzy heap.)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

TheVongola10th

Looks around the gathered people, considering the events of the past night. "I'm not the type to accuse anyone for murder, but I must say that I have witnessed some peculiar behavior from Saku." He frowns in deep thought, "I just can't believe anyone would do such a thing."

Saku

Saku was surprised at how a few people were calling out her name. She wasn't certain why she had been picked rather than others but since it was all up in the air at this point she didn't blame them. After all, there was no evidence and no real motive pointing to anyone in particular. However, since she had already been chosen by two people so far, things didn't seem to be going too well for her. Unfortunately if she was voted to be lynched, they would lose someone who could help them against the evil forces at work. She didn't really know who to pick but since both Kendra and TheVongola10th had picked her, she chose Kendra since she had been the first.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."

That Girl Analise

Current Votes:

Saku-(2) Kendra, TheVongola10th
Valerian- (1) Ryven
Xandria- (1) Valerian
Kendra- (1) Saku

Yet to Vote: Marguerite, Xandria, FoamWeber, Imogen, Remiel, Alysanthia

FoamWeber

"I agree," Foam said, despite her not actually having a clue what was going on. "Kendra, your behavior seems suspicious."

Remiel

(Remiel appears, stage left, shamelessly lifting Valerian's code.)

Remiel:

The question is whether
To accuse a friend, perchance
to vindicate a murderer.
But from whence comes wisdom?
Let the prickling of my thumbs decide.

Ryven, I name you.

(exit stage left.)

Imogen

Imogen:

Peace flees these hallowed walls
with this poor Porter's death
Anger bursts through the gates
hand in hand with suspicion
Chaos, turmoil. Fear?

I must ask Saku what she knows
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Saku

Saku shook her head as yet another named her. "If you choose me you will be sadly mistaken. For you will lose one of your own and the evil doers will be one step closer to getting what they desire." She looked around and beckoned for those around her to reconsider their decision. "I do not know as of yet who is evil since it is so early on but it is not me. If I am to be sacrificed and you find out I am not to blame, think more carefully next time around."
I'm back!

TheVongola10th

TheVongola10th considers Saku's words carefully, "I think... that Saku may be innocent. The actions of Ryven however seem awfully suspicious, could you tell me what you were doing the night in question Ryven?"

Alysanthia

The time of choice is now, and Alysanthia could no longer go without voting "I chose TheVongola10th, his wavering decision most peculiar..."

Ryven

Quote from: TheVongola10th on September 30, 2011, 08:06:01 PM
TheVongola10th considers Saku's words carefully, "I think... that Saku may be innocent. The actions of Ryyven however seem awfully suspicious, could you tell me what you were doing the night in question Ryyven?"

"If you're going to accuse me, please do me the honor of spelling my name correctly."  ::)

That Girl Analise

Current Votes:

Saku-(2) Kendra, Imogen
Kendra- (2) Saku, FoamWeber
Valerian- (1) Ryven
Xandria- (1) Valerian
Ryven- (1) TheVongola10th
TheVongola10th- (1) Alysanthia

Yet to Vote: Marguerite, Xandria, Remiel

Marguerite

Marguerite took word and looked at the list, placing her vote on Kendra who looked to be the culprit. "I have received news you might be the one who runs afoul."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

That Girl Analise

Current Votes:

Kendra- (3) Saku, FoamWeber, Marguerite
Saku-(2) Kendra, Imogen
Ryven- (2) TheVongola10th, Remiel
Valerian- (1) Ryven
Xandria- (1) Valerian
TheVongola10th- (1) Alysanthia

Yet to Vote: Xandria

Reminder: the Martyr can choose to save the lynchee at any time before the final vote tally is posted.

That Girl Analise

The final vote

Act 1     Scene 3
          (Hecate and the chorus, KENDRA is down stage right)
Chorus:     Oh, what poor wrech'd day is this? Votes are cast,
An innocent is chosen to be brought
To his deathbed. Belvolio, that brave
And noble Guardian, is to be slain.

No guardian to protect them and soon
Another of their number will be slain!
Whispers will reach me in the night; Lovers,
Death, Knowlege, and Power, all to be brought
To a use, to a means. Who will survive
And who shall perish? We shall wait and see.
          (All watch as Benvolio is executed and revealed to be innocent.)

All night time roles, please send in your information.

That Girl Analise

The final vote

Act 1     Scene 3
          (Hecate and the chorus, ALYSANTHIA is center stage)
Chorus:     Oh, Friar Lawrence man of peace and love
Found dead in his chamber. An attack from
Villainous fiends mere hours after he
wed blissfully two lovers in the night!

Cupid is gone, another innocent
Slain. An alliance was formed, brought of sweet
Knowledge. But today one more must be brought
To his or her end. Let the voting start
And we shall see where it takes our players.
          (Alysanthia's body is laid next to the others, Friar Lawrence's soul sent flying back to Romeo and Juliet)