Wondering if possible...

Started by Talra Di Deliren, June 25, 2015, 01:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talra Di Deliren

Hiya!

This is a random question that may or may not have come up, not sure where to seek out my desire, and had been wanting to say this for...I dunno, a year or two? Anyway, I'm not a full on great writer myself, I find that I'm just a beginner. My grammar skills are okay and I have a pretty vivid imagination that I find hard to put into the right words with a short vocabulary when it counts. I have many stories I wish to write and make into great books for teens, kids, even adults to read. I just tend to have a writer's block issue when I try to write the other characters within my story that doesn't sound too close like the main character. I don't want twins. I need counterparts.

SO! Here is my question....... Is it possible the E has a forum based on writers seeking to co-write with others in order to make an amazing story and possibly making it out into the world as a published work......?

Now I understand there can be skepticism among people when it comes to trust. But seeing how people are compatible in roleplaying together and how much fun it is to write and read a reaction in the other character's writer's perspective other than just their own....I absolutely love it. And I have been in search of a co-writer silently for a long while but never had the nerve to ask until now. I believe in my heart the E is the perfect place to ask this of anyone. Everyone here on E is a great writer despite any grammar issues or little posts they give. They have the imagination and inspiration to come up with worlds together. Much of the stories on E can be great works.

I'm asking for another writer that shares my desires to be a writer and help me build a world. It can be just the same as a roleplay and in the end, all we have to do is compile all the posts into chapters and finally a book that may or may not become something great! I mean, look at James Patterson! He's an amazing author that tends to write with others in many of his great works. My personal favorites being Daniel X and Witch and Wizard! If he can find a co-writer and still write something amazing....I think we can too.

.....I have much to say, but I will just leave it as it is and please, I seek out an answer so that I know where I must find a co-writer. I thank E for everything they put into this forum based site. I never thought to be this immersed in roleplay before but now it's helped me become more of who I wish to be and hope to find more great things within it. I love to write and E is the best place to do so!
"Sometimes we let people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts to know that no matter how much you try, how much you want it, they can't love or accept you as you are. Then you hate all that time you wasted trying to please them and wonder what it is about you that is so awful that they can't at least pretend to love you."
-Bride - Night Play - Dark Hunter series-
*Please always check the last posts of my A/As before messaging or never responding back*

Oniya

We don't have a particular forum for publishing, however you might consider putting a post up in the World Building or Literary Forums with your idea.  If you find a co-writer and get something written together, then you can work out details among yourselves.  It's not much different than looking for an RP partner, except that you (might) both have a certain measure of control over any of the characters.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Talra Di Deliren

Wonderful!! I actually looked a little at those forums bit wasn't fully sure if I could post something like this there. I'll give them a try and see where I get. Should also tell myself I'm not going to get any fish to bit right away. Sometimes when I get excited I get carried away and get really bummed if I don't see what I'm expecting....

But thank you! Any help is appreciated. And about the control of characters...I'm overly fond of so much control but I can get it when it is needed a little to push a story forward. It's been an open piece on my part and I thought on it before on how to work it between to writers.

I also want to put out that if no one likes to give put real names, aliases is great too. Look out for a book with Talra's name on it! ^^

Thank you Oniya!
"Sometimes we let people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts to know that no matter how much you try, how much you want it, they can't love or accept you as you are. Then you hate all that time you wasted trying to please them and wonder what it is about you that is so awful that they can't at least pretend to love you."
*Please always check the last posts of my A/As before messaging or never responding back*

consortium11

Quote from: Oniya on June 25, 2015, 01:09:49 AM
We don't have a particular forum for publishing

There is the Elliquiy Writer's Group, a sub-forum focused around the professional side of writing which does have somewhat of a focus on publishing. Unfortunately it's a rather quiet/dead sub-forum at the moment and as Caeli (who I believe is currently on hiatus) is the gatekeeper of who gets access to it or not I'm not sure if people who aren't already members can join.

Cecilia

Members interested in EWG can contact me directly for access.  Activity in there varies quite a bit.

Talra Di Deliren

Okay, I decided to post it up on World Building. I will though think about EWG when I get somewhere. Thank You!