Auto Adjust problem?

Started by Xenphir, November 02, 2014, 12:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenphir

It's popping up randomly at times. Sometimes more frequest (Like every ten seconds) Sometimes only every few minutes, and sometimes not for a long time. It is a solid dark blue bar that says "Auto Adjust" in white lettering. When it pops up, my screens brightness goes really high, then back to normal. It is really annoying and I'd appreciate any help in fixing this.

Xenphir

I've also now noticed that when it pops up, the screen moves a bit. It does it most when I change pages especially from dark to light pages.

Sprikut

This is a function of your monitor.

Check your monitor control panel (The buttons along the bottom of the monitor) to see if you can disable auto adjust.

If you're on a laptop this involves going into the BIOS or the control panel of your Video card to tweak.

Xenphir

Thank you for replying. I've tried to press the menu on my monitor and there was a selection called Auto Adjust. Naturally, I clicked it to see if it would turn off, and nothing happened. I tried to redo it a few times, and nothing. Now when I click the button, the menu won't pop up at all.  :-(

Sprikut

Hah so heres the fun of it. Whats probably happened is that the menu is appearing off the screen now. You can try resetting the.monitor to factory defaults (usually just by unpluging it for 30 seconds or so) or you can check online for another way to reset it.

now if the previous problem has gone away that you had previously id say leave it just enjoy the working monitor

Im sorry I didnt get back to you faster feel free to pm me and I can try and help out more :)