[closed] VtM 20th - All You Leave Behind [GM for a Player!] [System]

Started by Blythe, April 15, 2018, 03:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Edit: I have a few versions of this now in discussion in PMs after I bumped the thread, so this is no longer open for new interest. If I am seeking again, I'll re-open the thread, but for now, I have gotten plenty of interest.

Can you leave a light on for me, the spaces solidify.
Sleeping with your eyes wide open, as black as the darkest sky.
Can you feel the whole world shaking, running but your lungs are aching.
Can you feel the whole world shaking, I’m breaking inside.
Don’t believe the lies.
Your echoing heartbeat, echoing heartbeat keeps your time.
It’s crashing lately, your echoing heartbeat, echoing heartbeat.
Is all you leave behind, all you leave behind.
Leave Behind.

~ Hannah Cartwright and the Ross Tones – All You Leave Behind

Bear with me on this request thread! I know it's a lot to read, but admittedly I'm trying to impress any potential players that I will not stint you on details and can weave a world full of gothic and personal horror that you would have fun having a character explore! I know this thread might make me seem intimidating, but I promise I am not! I am very nice and unlike vampires, I do not bite! Below is a writing sample followed by the game's intent & system information. :D

~ The Prelude: Writing Sample ~

The ancient creature observed the mortals of Miami with something like disinterest. The voice was indistinct, murmuring under their breath, "Surely there must be one worthy kine to gift the Embrace to?" They were beyond ancient, having woken only in the past year from a torpor that neonates could never have conceived of, but quickly this potent ancient had returned to full strength. A few other Kindred lingered near this ancient one, others who had been given permission to Sire.

One of them spoke up and said, snidely, "Can you even tell what a worthy mortal is? Do you have a basis by which to evaluate yours? I promise their values are so very different from the wretches of your era." The ancient looked at this upstart, the pink and green lights casting a peculiar chiaroscuro upon the Kindred who lingered on top of the night club. A youthful creature by the elder's standards, but still...a neonate would have registered that upstart as being old and strong as well. The sounds of Camila Cabello's song 'Havana' fluttered out of the night club below, the oddest juxtaposition for the entities on the rain-soaked roof, as the song was cheerful in tone, upbeat.

And the monsters on the rooftop were talking about who they intended to kill and drag beyond the veil of death and back again, to raise them to be as they were, to pull them into the ineffable conflicts of the eternal Jyhad as nothing but pawns.

"Have you chosen?" asked the upstart.

One silent Kindred, having kept themselves cloaked, descended from the top of the club and down into the sable streets with stealthy acumen, wanting to move quickly with their powers but still preserving the Masquerade, weaving between cars and crowds with no one the wiser. That Kindred had picked someone. The ancient sighed and said, "Je le crois, yes."

"As have I. Let us see whose choice survives the longest, shall we?" teased the challenger, and the ancient sighed. Truly, were all Kindred so petty that even the creation of more of their kind was a competition? Yet the Beast surged within the Methuselah's soul, screaming to be let free, screaming to drink down a mortal, howling to unleash carnage and to be given satiating for that dreadful and never-ending thirst that so consumed all Kindred. The ancient tried to beat back the impulse.

The music throbbed. The hearts of the nearby humans did as well--the old monster could smell their warmth, feel their vibrant life under their skin, even though they were nowhere near any humans. Such was the miracle of Auspex sharpening their senses, honing them to a precision that no kine could hope to match.

The rain began to come down in earnest. The old vampire noticed how so many of the others had chosen their mortals. Curious, their choices. So many new neonates would be made this night! The ancient watched the human they had selected for quite a bit longer before launching, graceful, from the rooftop and into the street, blurring and moving so quickly that no one would even see...

And so begins the tale. Your PC will have been taken and ripped from their mortal life outside a night club during a one of a kind event in Miami in April of 2018: the Spring Siring. Without warning, without even the single ability to fight back, your PC will have been knocked unconscious, given the Embrace, and the game will begin with their first moments of awakening, their frenzy for blood, and their tutelage under their Sire as they are introduced into vampiric society.

Will they remain a pawn of the Kindred of Miami, or will they evolve to become a player? Will they be able to come to terms with their new conditions, or will they succumb to the horror of treating what was once their fellow humans like things, like food?

This will be a pretty lengthy request thread, but to save you the time if you aren't sure if this is right for you:

• I am offering to GM a system 1x1 game of the 20th anniversary edition of Vampire the Masquerade. You need at least this book to play. Previous editions will not suffice. I will not run this as a freeform; you must be interested in the system. You do not have to be a master of the system to show interest! I can help those new to playing!
  • Writer gender does not matter to me, and if it matters to you, we might not be compatible writing partners.
  • This game is going to be all about gothic and personal horror. Becoming a vampire is a horrendous experience that changes a person far more than just physically. Frankly? I like conflict, drama, and angst for characters, so if you don't like your character...well, suffering, then this might not be the game for you.
  • I would like to set this in the EX section. While this will not be a smut game, Vampire has dark and extreme themes, and I want room to stretch out and have us enjoy the gothic horror.
  • I can play characters all over the gender/sexuality spectrum, and I'll need to, since I'll be populating/creating the world your character is in! You, however, will create and stat up a single PC! This PC can be any gender/sexuality, so long as you keep it realistic. Be advised I tend to play dominants or aggressors, depending on the situation, though, so you might enjoy RPing with me more if you like your PC being, in consensual content, submissive, or in NC content, being the victim.
  • I don't have a preferred posting length or posting frequency. That being said, I admittedly would really like at least 1 IC post a week and would endeavor to give the same. I'd give notice if I couldn't. That's not a hard and fast want, but it's a general want.
  • The setting will be Miami, FL in the USA. You don't need special knowledge of the city; I'm not a stickler for getting every single detail right of a locale! The starting date will be April 10th, 2018 in IC time! Your mortal PC was near a nightclub in Miami when they were knocked out and then Embraced. Your PC doesn't have to be originally from Miami! They just need to, at minimum, be in Miami to justify the tale we are telling!

If you are interested in me GMing a solo game for you with all of the above in mind, please do the following and send it to me as a PM.

• Fill out a V20 Character Sheet! Create a neonate. Please don't take more than 7 points worth of Merits. Please don't take more than 7 points worth of Flaws. You don't start with any bonus EXP; your PC will be fresh from the Embrace. You should only pick from the main 13 Clans (or you may play an antitribu of one of those Clans). Do not pick a Bloodline. Do not pick Caitiff. (You can find the BBCoded sheet I use for this in the spoiler labeled 'sheet.' Click 'select' and then copy/paste to get the code.
  • Answer the questions in the spoiler marked 'Questions.' You will find a BBcoded template to use there, too! These questions will serve as the way you do your character history/background, and it will also give me, the GM, direction on the nature of our story!
  • Confirm you've read, understood, and are coolio with my O/Os.

Sheet

Name:    ? ? ?Player: ? ? ?
    Clan:   ? ? ?Chronicle: ? ? ?
    Nature:   ? ? ?Haven: ? ? ?
    Demeanor:   ? ? ?   Concept: ? ? ?
    Generation:   ? ? ?   EXP Spent: ? ? ?

Physical       Social       Mental
    Strength:   ●○○○○Charisma: ●○○○○   Perception:●○○○○
    Dexterity:   ●○○○○Manipulation: ●○○○○   Intelligence:●○○○○
    Stamina:   ●○○○○   Appearance: ●○○○○   Wits:●○○○○

Talents       Skills       Knowledges
    Alertness:   ○○○○○Animal Ken: ○○○○○   Academics:○○○○○
    Athletics:   ○○○○○Crafts: ○○○○○   Computer:○○○○○
    Awareness:   ○○○○○   Drive: ○○○○○   Finance:○○○○○
    Brawl:   ○○○○○   Etiquette: ○○○○○   Investigation:○○○○○
    Empathy:   ○○○○○   Firearms: ○○○○○   Law:○○○○○
    Expression:   ○○○○○   Larceny: ○○○○○   Medicine:○○○○○
    Intimidation:   ○○○○○   Melee: ○○○○○   Occult:○○○○○
    Leadership:   ○○○○○   Performance: ○○○○○   Politics:○○○○○
    Streetwise:   ○○○○○   Stealth: ○○○○○   Science:○○○○○
    Subterfuge:   ○○○○○   Survival: ○○○○○   Technology:○○○○○

Backgrounds       Disciplines       Virtues
    ? ? ?:   ○○○○○? ? ?: ○○○○○   Conscience/Conviction:○○○○○
    ? ? ?:   ○○○○○? ? ?: ○○○○○   Self-Control/Instinct:○○○○○
    ? ? ?:   ○○○○○   ? ? ?: ○○○○○   Courage:○○○○○

Humanity/Path:   ○○○○○ ○○○○○Willpower: ○○○○○ ○○○○○   Blood Pool:? ? ?

Health:

Merits & Flaws

Merits
    -

Flaws
    -

[table]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Name:[/b] [/td][td]   [/td][td]? ? ?[/td][td][/td]   [td][b]Player:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]? ? ?[/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][b]Clan:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]? ? ?[/td][td][/td]   [td][b]Chronicle:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]? ? ?[/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][b]Nature:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]? ? ?[/td][td][/td]   [td][b]Haven:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]? ? ?[/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][b]Demeanor:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]? ? ?[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Concept:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]? ? ?[/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][b]Generation:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]? ? ?[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]EXP Spent:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]? ? ?[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

[hr]
    [hr]

[table]
    [tr]
    [td][b][i][color=red]Physical[/color][/i][/b] [/td][td]   [/td][td]   [/td][td][/td]   [td][b][i][color=red]Social[/color][/i][/b] [/td][td][/td][td]   [/td][td]   [/td][td][i][b][color=red]Mental[/color][/b][/i][/td]   [td][/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][b]Strength:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]●○○○○[/td][td][/td]   [td][b]Charisma:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]●○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Perception:[/b][/td]   [td]●○○○○[/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][b]Dexterity:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]●○○○○[/td][td][/td]   [td][b]Manipulation:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]●○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Intelligence:[/b][/td]   [td]●○○○○[/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][b]Stamina:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]●○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Appearance:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]●○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Wits:[/b][/td]   [td]●○○○○[/td]
    [/tr][/table]

[hr]
    [hr]

[table]
    [tr]
    [td][b][i][color=red]Talents[/color][/i][/b] [/td][td]   [/td][td]   [/td][td][/td]   [td][b][i][color=red]Skills[/color][/i][/b] [/td][td][/td][td]   [/td][td]   [/td][td][i][b][color=red]Knowledges[/color][/b][/i][/td]   [td][/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][b]Alertness:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td][/td]   [td][b]Animal Ken:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Academics:[/b][/td]   [td]○○○○○[/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][b]Athletics:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td][/td]   [td][b]Crafts:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Computer:[/b][/td]   [td]○○○○○[/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][b]Awareness:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Drive:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Finance:[/b][/td]   [td]○○○○○[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Brawl:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Etiquette:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Investigation:[/b][/td]   [td]○○○○○[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Empathy:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Firearms:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Law:[/b][/td]   [td]○○○○○[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Expression:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Larceny:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Medicine:[/b][/td]   [td]○○○○○[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Intimidation:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Melee:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Occult:[/b][/td]   [td]○○○○○[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Leadership:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Performance:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Politics:[/b][/td]   [td]○○○○○[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Streetwise:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Stealth:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Science:[/b][/td]   [td]○○○○○[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Subterfuge:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Survival:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Technology:[/b][/td]   [td]○○○○○[/td]
    [/tr][/table]

[hr]
    [hr]

[table]
    [tr]
    [td][b][i][color=red]Backgrounds[/color][/i][/b] [/td][td]   [/td][td]   [/td][td][/td]   [td][b][i][color=red]Disciplines[/color][/i][/b] [/td][td][/td][td]   [/td][td]   [/td][td][i][b][color=red]Virtues[/color][/b][/i][/td]   [td][/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][b]? ? ?:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td][/td]   [td][b]? ? ?:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Conscience/Conviction:[/b][/td]   [td]○○○○○[/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][b]? ? ?:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td][/td]   [td][b]? ? ?:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Self-Control/Instinct:[/b][/td]   [td]○○○○○[/td]
    [/tr][tr]
    [td][b]? ? ?:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]? ? ?:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Courage:[/b][/td]   [td]○○○○○[/td]
    [/tr][/table]

[hr]
    [hr]

[table]
    [tr]
    [td][b]Humanity/Path:[/b][/td][td]   [/td][td]○○○○○ ○○○○○[/td][td][/td]   [td][b]Willpower:[/b] [/td][td][/td][td]○○○○○ ○○○○○[/td][td]   [/td][td][b]Blood Pool:[/b][/td]   [td]? ? ?[/td]
    [/tr][/table]

[hr]
    [hr]

[b]Health:[/b]

[hr]
    [hr]

[spoiler=Merits & Flaws]
    [i][b]Merits[/b][/i]
    -

[i][b]Flaws[/b][/i]
    -
    [/spoiler]

Questions

1. Which faction do you wish the chronicle to focus on: Camarilla, Sabbat, Anarch, or Independent?

2. What was your character's mortal family life like?

3. What was your characters's school life like when they were human?

4. Has your character ever had any major heartbreaks when they were human? Done any heartbreaking?

5. What sort of Sire most intrigues you? Would you like a cruel Sire or a kind Sire? An ancient Sire or a young Sire? (I will use this information when creating your PC's Sire!)

6. Who are three important people in your character's life? Tell me why they are important to your character. (I may use these as NPCs, so be aware I may choose to create characters based on your answer)

7. What is your character's personality like? Any particular interesting personality quirks they might have? Any particularly glaring personality flaws or virtues?

8. What are three things your character hates beyond all measure? These things range from be petty or large--from spiders to sexism. <_<

9. Name at least one thing that calms your character down when they are upset.

10. Name one things that, no matter how hard your character tries, makes them irrationally angry to a point where they have to lash out?

11. Do you have any special things you would like included in this story? This can range from kinks to plot elements to general tone!

12.What was your character's career/job when they were human?

[b]1.[/b] Which faction do you wish the chronicle to focus on: Camarilla, Sabbat, Anarch, or Independent?

[b]2.[/b] What was your character's mortal family life like?

[b]3.[/b] What was your characters's school life like when they were human?

[b]4.[/b] Has your character ever had any major heartbreaks when they were human? Done any heartbreaking?

[b]5.[/b] What sort of Sire most intrigues you? Would you like a cruel Sire or a kind Sire? An ancient Sire or a young Sire? [i](I will use this information when creating your PC's Sire!)[/i]

[b]6.[/b] Who are three important people in your character's life? Tell me why they are important to your character. [i](I may use these as NPCs, so be aware I may choose to create characters based on your answer)[/i]

[b]7.[/b] What is your character's personality like? Any particular interesting personality quirks they might have? Any particularly glaring personality flaws or virtues?

[b]8.[/b] What are three things your character hates beyond all measure? These things range from be petty or large--from spiders to sexism. <_<

[b]9.[/b] Name at least one thing that calms your character down when they are upset.

[b]10.[/b] Name one things that, no matter how hard your character tries, makes them irrationally angry to a point where they have to lash out?

[b]11.[/b] Do you have any special things you would like included in this story? This can range from kinks to plot elements to general tone!

[b]12.[/b]What was your character's career/job when they were human?

While I know this seems like an awful lot to read & do (and I do apologize again for how wordy/lengthy this request thread got!), the good news is that if you PM me a completely sheet & answer those questions, then there is a very good likelihood I will be able to start our game pretty darn soon, assuming I think we'd be compatible RP partners!  ;D

Please feel free to ask questions about anything in-thread if you are interested but unsure of details! For what it is worth, I have not defined much of Miami for the purposes of our story because quite a bit of what I will make will be very dependent on the Question answers!  My goal is to customize a story to GM for someone, just so long as it scratches that gothic & personal horror system itch I have and has plenty of delicious IC suffering. ^^;

Thank you for reading!

Blythe

I am seeking another version of this story! I've had two lovely versions of it, and I would like to try for another. However, as an update to my preferences for the tale, I would strongly prefer to GM this for someone who would like to play a female or transgender character, as I've had a couple of MxM bites on this already. Writer gender irrelevant so long as you are willing to play a female or trans character. :)