The Kingdom of Shadows

Started by BlueRaptor90, March 05, 2013, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajirakate

Anna and Daniel together with the wyverns headed towards where the elves had reported that their dark cousins and orcs had been seen.  They would establish exactly what those of the dark path were doing, then rally the human, dwarven and elven forces to destroy the servant of dark, while they dealt with the Dark Lord.

As they flew Anna's mind was filled with images of her ancestor and her kin fighting each other, some having taken the dark path and asserted dominance over dragons and humanoids.  Her own ancestor was fighting for the freedom of the other races, preferring to work with them than control them.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Anna, my friend are you all right" daniel asked sensing anna's thoughts

kajirakate

"Yes my friend, just troubled by visions of the past, mostly because of the division between my people, but also because of the way they have treated your kin".
kk

BlueRaptor90

"I see, my ancestors most of went through a great deal pain, but it's best not to think so much about those things, and try to leave it in the past and not let it eat you up inside"

kajirakate

"Your wisdom is my strength my friend" Anna told Daniel.

They flew to the point that the Elven council had informed them that those of the dark path were taking, so that they could check on the latest movements from the Elven scouts that had been watching the gathering of forces of darkness that were coming together, clearly under instruction of the Dark Lord.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then went to the wyverns, and told told them to keep them selves hidden in the forest and air, hw told them also to watch out for the dark forces and report back to him if they saw anything unusually or worse.

kajirakate

By some magical means the Elven scouts had been expecting them, as no runner could have covered the distance in the time, and the forest dwellers were not horsemen.
kk

BlueRaptor90

A handful of wyverns flew into the sky scouting, while other went in the forest and hid into the shadows. Daniel then found a place in the village to lay and try to think of another strategy.

kajirakate

Anna was surprised when the Elven scouts knelt before her, greeting her with an honorific in ancient tongue, which she now understood, clearly as a result of her armour.  It was clear that the Elven was kneeling due to something inside them, they found distasteful but could not prevent it.

When she told them to rise in ancient tongue, they seemed relieved.  They gave their report in human tongue, but still used her people's ancient title, a word of power over the Elven folk.

The dark elves, orcs and goblins were gathering at the ancient and ruined fortress of Alkariba.
kk

BlueRaptor90

A couple of wyverns followed over head, begin hidden in the clouds. They head the vision like hawks, so the could easily see each and every one of the creatures below. They remained hidden in the sky till they could find a safe and hidden place to land so they wouldn't cause attention.

kajirakate

Between the Elven scouts and the wyverns, they were building a detailed picture of the positions of the enemy.  But they didn't know why they were gathering and what this had to do with the warning from the Cult of Light.  So Anna decided that they should capture one or more Elves of the dark path.  If they were effected the same way as normal Elven folk by her aura created by her golden armour, they might learn something of the dark forces plans, they would target a spellcaster if they could.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel had an idea of what the dark elves may be up to, but couldn't jump to conclusions just yet, he decided to speak with anna to see if she would have an ace up her sleeve.

kajirakate

The Elven scouts were watching several parties of their dark relations, and they had identified a small party that contained a spellcaster. the Elven spell weavers began slowly building a magic suppression around the dark elf, as to build too quick would tip off the caster and therefore make the capture more difficult and probably worthless.
kk

BlueRaptor90

The wyverns so what the elves were up to and waited to let them do their magic, the watched and were ready to grab the spell caster in case it didn't work

kajirakate

When the spell weavers were ready, the scouts sprung the trap, taking down most the dark elves with their bows, before closing to finish off the rest with swords, it was at this point that Anna burst from her hiding place, her golden armour glinting in the beams of sunlight between the trees.

Some of the dark ones did react the same way as their cousins, and were captured.  The spell caster attempted magic to fight off the attack, and then to flee but it was pointless.  Anna moved to him, noticing him take his dagger and attempt to end his own life, she shouted stop in the ancient tongue while rapidly closing the gap, and knocking the blade from his hand with her sword tip.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel then appears out of the woods in the air, then called to the wyverns who quickly flew down to the spell caster pinning them with their talons

kajirakate

When the dark elves were secured, they were taken away to the camp for interrogation.  Anna was going to carry out the questioning with an elven spell weaver.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel was there in his human form, watching the interrigation, with a couple wyverns outside, waiting for if something with wrong

kajirakate

The Elves and their Dark cousins all visibly flinched as Anna commanded the obedience of the Dark Elves in the ancient tongue of her people.  A language of raw power, that touched deep in their souls, no matter how committed to darkness or light they maybe.

The spellcaster confessed that the dark elves were gathering for the return of one of their legendary heroes, from the time they split from their cousins.  She also confessed that they were in alliance with the serpent people and the orcs and goblins from the forest and mountains.  Although other than the lure of the dark path, she did not know what was motivating the goblinoids.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daneil then asked anna what the elves were saying , and if they new anything about the dark lords

kajirakate

Anna spoke to Daniel in Kingdom tongue, so that his secret was kept before the Elves and their dark cousins.  "She says that it is an alliance of the her people, the snake people and the orcs and their kin.  She claims that her people are following a reincarnation of one of her peoples legends, however she claims that she does not know the motivation of the others in the alliance.  She also has made no reference to the Dark Lords".  In his mind so that the others did not know, she added "But I think she is keeping things back, as she knows that the Elves will kill her when we are done, as they are not allowed to let their dark cousins to live".
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Hmm, i see, what would you propose we do now anna?"

kajirakate

"Do you think we could infiltrate the enemy position my friend" Anna said in Daniel's mind, not wishing any other to know.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Hmm, perhaps we can, I could communicate with my lesser land dwelling cousins, the the dranlins, they are a small sub species of dragon they are about the size of a cat, but they are quick and agile and like chameleons, can easily blend in with tier surroundings, I could ask of their help and have them infiltrate the base, and tell us what's happening, they might be able to find a weakness within the army.

kajirakate

"That would be most useful my friend" Anna said, her hand briefly touching Daniel's.
kk