Deception II: The Deceptening - Game Thread - Final Round, ready to run!

Started by Galactic Druid, March 21, 2016, 01:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenixrisen

~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Ryven

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on May 01, 2016, 12:37:00 PM
Alright, so far we all look guilty.

Not so much.  I think there are a few we can check off.

- Remiel really doesn't have anything that would count as severe injury.  The only thing that injures that he possesses is the Razor Blade, and Loss of Blood works much better for that.

- Nightowl - Stone, for obvious reasons.

- Madame Professor -  Wrench, Drill - Wrench is pretty self explanatory, and Drill might be a tiny stretch since it works with Loss of Blood too.  She isn't counted out though.

- Rel - Bat, obvious reasons.  Possibly Electric Current, but I feel Accident works better for that one.

- Yugi - Trophy for Severe Injury isn't a stretch.  Bite & Tear, Throat Slit, and Scissors all say Loss of Blood in my opinion, but they could very well be argued for Severe Injury.

- Rapt - Kick and Folding Chair are more obvious for Severe Injury.  Hook says more Loss of Blood to me, and Push says more Accident.

- Christa - Punch and Crutch for Severe Injury here.

- Ryven - Dumbell is pretty obvious, but Sulfuric Acid could be used for Severe Injury too.  If it were me, I would choose Accident for Sulfuric Acid though.

- theLeslie - All of these could be considered Severe Injury, but I feel Explosives work the best.  The others could be considered for different causes of death.

- Phoenix - Cleaver definitely.  The others, not so much.

We'll need the location to narrow it down further.

Phoenixrisen

I would also argue that NightOwl's whip could cause severe injury, they can take out eyes or damage kidneys. My machine could also cause severe injury, for the sake of thoroughness. I'd almost argue machine over cleaver for severe injury, if I didn't know I wasn't the killer. Then no one is going to just fess up.
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Ryven

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on May 01, 2016, 06:14:44 PM
I would also argue that NightOwl's whip could cause severe injury, they can take out eyes or damage kidneys. My machine could also cause severe injury, for the sake of thoroughness. I'd almost argue machine over cleaver for severe injury, if I didn't know I wasn't the killer. Then no one is going to just fess up.

Yes, but you have to think like the FS.  The path of least resistance for whip, at least for me, would be Suffocation if only by a little.  For Machine, I would pick Accident.

Madame Professor

Quote from: Ryven on May 01, 2016, 05:56:58 PM
Not so much.  I think there are a few we can check off.

- Remiel really doesn't have anything that would count as severe injury.  The only thing that injures that he possesses is the Razor Blade, and Loss of Blood works much better for that.

- Nightowl - Stone, for obvious reasons.

- Madame Professor -  Wrench, Drill - Wrench is pretty self explanatory, and Drill might be a tiny stretch since it works with Loss of Blood too.  She isn't counted out though.

- Rel - Bat, obvious reasons.  Possibly Electric Current, but I feel Accident works better for that one.

- Yugi - Trophy for Severe Injury isn't a stretch.  Bite & Tear, Throat Slit, and Scissors all say Loss of Blood in my opinion, but they could very well be argued for Severe Injury.

- Rapt - Kick and Folding Chair are more obvious for Severe Injury.  Hook says more Loss of Blood to me, and Push says more Accident.

- Christa - Punch and Crutch for Severe Injury here.

- Ryven - Dumbell is pretty obvious, but Sulfuric Acid could be used for Severe Injury too.  If it were me, I would choose Accident for Sulfuric Acid though.

- theLeslie - All of these could be considered Severe Injury, but I feel Explosives work the best.  The others could be considered for different causes of death.

- Phoenix - Cleaver definitely.  The others, not so much.

We'll need the location to narrow it down further.

This is pretty much on the same thoughts as I am, save for Leslie... I feel like Metal Chain or Unarmed might work better, but I guess I think Accident when I see Explosive.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Ryven

Quote from: Madame Professor on May 01, 2016, 06:45:57 PM
This is pretty much on the same thoughts as I am, save for Leslie... I feel like Metal Chain or Unarmed might work better, but I guess I think Accident when I see Explosive.

That is true, but I see Suffocation working better for Metal Chain.  Leslie's cards really could go multiple ways.

theLeslie

It might help us to consider that maybe the FS tried to narrow the cause down to the people who have the least items that could reasonably cause death by serious injury?

Ryven

Quote from: theLeslie on May 01, 2016, 07:42:02 PM
It might help us to consider that maybe the FS tried to narrow the cause down to the people who have the least items that could reasonably cause death by serious injury?

That is, by definition, what he did by giving us the clue.

Galactic Druid

This is my favorite part of deception, right here; watching everyone narrow down the possibilities from everything. It's so much fun to see!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Rel Mayer

Personally, I think with one clue it's too early to cast anyone out.

Besides Remiel, you're right. The other answers would have been better suited.

Ryven

Quote from: Rel Mayer on May 02, 2016, 10:13:52 AM
Personally, I think with one clue it's too early to cast anyone out.

Besides Remiel, you're right. The other answers would have been better suited.

This is literally the tl;dr version of my post.

theLeslie

Ryven

Rel Mayer

yugi006

Blythe

Clue #2

Location of Crime - Pub, Bookstore, Restaurant, Hotel, Hospital, Building Site

Madame Professor

So my thoughts are:

Nightowl: With the Stone and the Surveillance Camera

And

theLeslie: With not the Ice Skate and the Notebook.

Nothing else really jumps out to me as Bookstore, especially in the Means department.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Rel Mayer

For some reason my mind goes to Christa with Crutch and Bell. Like from beauty and the beast?

Ryven

Quote from: Madame Professor on May 03, 2016, 04:07:23 PM
So my thoughts are:

Nightowl: With the Stone and the Surveillance Camera

And

theLeslie: With not the Ice Skate and the Notebook.

Nothing else really jumps out to me as Bookstore, especially in the Means department.

Except for your Exam Paper.

theLeslie

Are there still going to be more clues, or is this it?

From the clues given the evidence seems to point at either myself, or at MP.

Galactic Druid

Yes, now that the first two clues are in play, Blythe can open the second PM that contains from random draws from 17 possible sets of clues. That means that some of them may be more useful to him than others. In all honesty, the real game is just beginning.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Blythe

Clue #3

State of the Scene - Bits and Pieces, Ashes, Water Stain, Cracked, Disorderly, Tidy

Bruja

This narrows down the list of potential scenes more than a little.

As it is a severe injury in a disorderly book store

I am inclined to feel it might be something along the lines of

Rel Mayer with the Carton and the Electric Current. A tripping hazard maybe?

TheLeslie with Unarmed and the Notebook. An attack can cause severe injury..maybe a crime of passion?

Ryven

Quote from: theLeslie on May 03, 2016, 07:51:38 PM
Are there still going to be more clues, or is this it?

From the clues given the evidence seems to point at either myself, or at MP.

We have the chance to get 4 more clues with an additional 2 that will negate 2 of the previously given clues.  I wouldn't wait for all the clues to come out before making some guesses though.  I think one more clue wont hurt, but after that, things start to get muddy with the translation.  Nevermind, didn't see the third clue.

theLeslie

So, I think the disorderly crime scene is indicative of a violent crime.  I think we can rule out anything subtle and go for the obviously violent weapons.  I imagine there was a struggle, a bit of a fight, and the attacker got the upper hand.

I think the obvious weapons are:
Stone
Wrench
Bat
Bite and Tear?
Kick
Punch
Unarmed
Metal Chain
Cleaver

This means almost all of us are still suspects.

Evidence that matches the crime scene is less so.
Take out food (A stretch, but possible)
Surveillance Camera(lots of those in public buildings)
Pocket Watch (Easily dropped.... but also easily dropped pretty much ANYWHERE)
Gift (common reason to be at a gift store)
Exam Paper (kind of a stretch as it's not a library, but you never know who went to Borders to study)
Button (Same as watch, easily lost while attacking the victim, but also easily lost ANYWHERE)
Mirror (can be a dropped hand mirror, a broken compact, or just a mirror in the bathroom or situated as decoration in a bookstore)
Cassette Tape (Because our murdered is from the 90s?  Books on tape and what not)
Watch (Same as watch and button above)
Tea Leaves...  (It's a stretch, but book stores do sell odds and ends, and maybe it was buy a book on divination)
Note book and candy (both items sold at bookstores)
Hair (Same as watches and button)
Hat (Same as watches and button)
Juice..  (could be sold at a book store.  Another one that is a bit of a stretch)

Okay, so I feel like there are some people we can rule out.
ME!  Cause I know I didn't do it, lol.
Remiel, doesn't seem to have a weapon that would lead to serious injury, more like blood loss, or other causes of death.  His evidence is kinda hit or miss, too.
Christa, Her evidence just doesn't fit and her most seriously injuring attack is a punch.  Bracelet could fit ANYWHERE, not sure I caught that one above, but it's another watch/buttons/hair/hat
Rapt, great choice of injuring weapons, but the evidence doesn't seem to be there.  Cassette tape seems like a stretch.
Ryven, Can't imagine bringing dumbells to the bookstore, and otherwise he's lacking in good weapons.  Evidence is also kinda weak.

And for the people who look the most guilty...
ME!  Seriously, I look guilty as hell.  I've got good weapons and some damning evidence.  I am innocent, though.
Night Owl, good attacks and a few peices of evidence that fit the scene.  Gifts and Cameras and watches oh my.
MP, looks about as guilty as I do, but I'd say my notebook is more common in a book store than her exam paper.  Let's remember it's a store to buy books, and not a library.
Rel, has the bat, my favorite for a weapon used to cause serious injury.  I would only favor it over the wrench because of the reach it gives, electric current also provides some serious injury.  Between the tool box and the oil paining, the evidence is kinda lacking.  Oil paintings could be for sale at a book store?  Fancy fancy book store, ooh la la.
Yugi has some good weapons, bite and tear would be some serious damage, same with the scissors.  Evidence is sort of lacking, though.
Phoenix, Has a cleaver, has hair and hat..  but that evidence is so broad.