INTEREST CHECK: City of the Drow (reboot) 3.5 DnD [14/?? spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, September 29, 2011, 06:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esclavage

Snake, you take what I say too personally.  ;D It was some simple conjecture.  There's no way it would ever happen, right?   ^-^

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Snake

I tend to think everything out and take most things seriously. sorry T_T

Zaer Darkwail

Also note that drows deal mostly with specific demons, not demons/abyss overall. They have spider demons, yogoloths and some specific demonweb pits serving demons on summon list. But overall they have no respect to other outsiders and to them they are tools to be used mostly (arcanists thinking anyway while religious folk focus only demonweb aligned demons). Devils are counted as tools egually and not discriminated.

But true, if a strong erinyes male or female comes to sell wares in market no one stops him but usually best interest is to form grand auction event and send invite letters to all matron mothers at least. Then matron mothers come check goods or send presentative with certain amount of coin do biddings.

Snake

Yeah it's a great idea. Make friends welll people whom owe you a favor or two perhaps.

ofDelusions

Thanks to the fact that many armour properties increase the armor's cost directly instead of increasing the bonus I now have +1 Mindarmor Speed Displacement Greater Blurring Glamered Leather armor made from shadow silk. And it only costed me 30k or so...

I blame magic item compendium.

Anyway, any of the Matrons want a personal spy? Promises of absolute loyalty may, or may not be included.

Ps. Zaer, what do you think about refluffing wonderous items into items of other slots? Cloaks or Amulets to rings etc?

Zaer Darkwail

I allow re-fluff items and change their locations so long they make sense (no boots of inteligence or mental excelency).

ofDelusions

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 03, 2011, 02:10:17 PM
Also note that drows deal mostly with specific demons, not demons/abyss overall. They have spider demons, yogoloths and some specific demonweb pits serving demons on summon list. But overall they have no respect to other outsiders and to them they are tools to be used mostly (arcanists thinking anyway while religious folk focus only demonweb aligned demons). Devils are counted as tools egually and not discriminated.

But true, if a strong erinyes male or female comes to sell wares in market no one stops him but usually best interest is to form grand auction event and send invite letters to all matron mothers at least. Then matron mothers come check goods or send presentative with certain amount of coin do biddings.

Matron Archwinter is always in the market for some prize livestock
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

ofDelusions

Kunoichi

Interestingly enough, Antimony's fiendish ancestor was a devil, rather than a demon.  She also gets said fiendish blood from her father's side of the family, rather than her mother's, which could mean some interesting things if she ever makes contact with said family on the surface...

ofDelusions

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Kunoichi on October 03, 2011, 03:44:54 PM
Interestingly enough, Antimony's fiendish ancestor was a devil, rather than a demon.  She also gets said fiendish blood from her father's side of the family, rather than her mother's, which could mean some interesting things if she ever makes contact with said family on the surface...

Matron Archwnter summons both devils  and demons. He will even bind celestials since making them serve Lolth's chosen is rather poetic irony. Now I see you are "House Sorceress" is that just what we are calling house mage?

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on October 03, 2011, 04:04:47 PM
Matron Archwnter summons both devils  and demons. He will even bind celestials since making them serve Lolth's chosen is rather poetic irony. Now I see you are "House Sorceress" is that just what we are calling house mage?

The main benefit for getting in touch with Antimony's human family members would be that they're a Fiend-Blooded House, a potentially useful ally to cultivate on the surface.  As for being House Sorceress...

*shrugs*

Zaer chose that particular rank. ^^; I like to think that it carries some different connotations from a regular House Mage, though.  Like, rather than being an official House Mage with the spellcasting duties and protections that that would imply, I basically imagine Antimony's usual role to come down to 'Hey, you.  There's a (monster) making trouble in (location).  Go out and kill it.'  As I said when I first signed on, she's more of a blunt instrument than a utility caster.

Karasu

Removed, due to vandalism.

Altair1983

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ofDelusions on October 03, 2011, 03:43:12 PM
Quick lore question: Do Lowborn drow have surnames?

They may have surnames but very few do have them. It's usually from having one parent from drow noble house but it usually asks kicks on your face as most noble house drows do not want reminded they have half-breed bastards.

But some places the half-drows may have formed merchant families and clans and so they may have surnames or some large half-drow family (kind of mini house) can have surname also to identify their members to other drows/half-drows (if they are important that is).

Anyways my bad on 'House Sorceress', kind of slip of tongue but it basically means house mage. Also note position of house mage is based on both utility and power. Your case you may not be that utility caster Kunoichi but you have firepower to match to be house presented mage. Basically being house mage just means your 'highest level arcane caster' of the house which has favor of matron mother.

ofDelusions: Char looks fine...but it looks like you got quite a lot throwing skills selected. Did not master thrower get only 3 total? Plus some quick draw feat and evasion (and something else). May be wrong but I will check complete warrior again later on.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Altair1983 on October 03, 2011, 04:37:14 PM
If their is room id be interested in throwing my hat in.

This is quite crowded already but as said I take all players who have completed charsheets by this week friday (and give poke to those who haven't posted much to tell game is starting). Anyone heard about AngelicBlade?

Krayz

Well, my character is pretty much done; just needs his biographics filled in :D

For the public audience, he's a fey'ri professional slut :P Started up a whorehouse by banging enough influential men and women (alter form is a wonderful thing ;D) to get the funding. Sorcerer 7/Seducer 5.

Anyways, so, working out his biographics, also figuring out his building and followers (took Leadership and Landlord on my own). He's not combat-oriented, really, but he'll be a helluva lot of fun to play xD

Kunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 03, 2011, 04:42:02 PM
Anyways my bad on 'House Sorceress', kind of slip of tongue but it basically means house mage. Also note position of house mage is based on both utility and power. Your case you may not be that utility caster Kunoichi but you have firepower to match to be house presented mage. Basically being house mage just means your 'highest level arcane caster' of the house which has favor of matron mother.

Ah, I see...  In that case, if PaleEnchantress approves, I suppose I am House Mage.  And probably one of the more powerful House Mages in Erelhei-Cinlu, at that.

Karasu

this might be interesting inded, considering of how the RP with Micar and Abduxuel is going XD
Removed, due to vandalism.

PaleEnchantress

Found this awesome pict I showed to Karasu that nearly perfectly depicts the matron Archwinter and his Weapon Master. The female even lacks a bust.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on October 03, 2011, 04:57:32 PM
Ah, I see...  In that case, if PaleEnchantress approves, I suppose I am House Mage.  And probably one of the more powerful House Mages in Erelhei-Cinlu, at that.

*cough*

True you got 7th level spell slots but Elvas'thrae also would be quite powerful house mage :).

Kunoichi

True.  He still wouldn't be as powerful as Antimony, though. :P

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 04, 2011, 01:32:21 AM
*cough*

True you got 7th level spell slots but Elvas'thrae also would be quite powerful house mage :).

Lets not forget Matron Archwinter is a spell casting monster herself/himself.

Zaer Darkwail

Notice to all matron mothers: Walls and doors and windows are not free! You need count them in your house creation somehow. If no door components are listed some rough measure I assume there is no doors but merely entrance holes which allows pass through the room (enjoy the breeze?). Anyways as underground any wall made from stone or masonry costs -20% less than normal. Consider price of the wood I presume both exterior and interior walls are made from stone.

So, easy formula count how much your walls cost (not counting free standing walls which form barricade around your house) is this; reinforced masonry wall is 4,000gp as I recall and cost is multiplied by number of spaces you have purchased with room components. So a manor with space 10 who wants reinforced masonry walls both exterior or interior walls cost 40,000gp.

However I think the merely smoother and higher quality masonry (just a 3,000gp x per space) is good wall option also. Not as though as reinforced wall (which could be exterior wall or freestanding wall) but it's cheaper and looks nicer in smooth polish.

Doors now costs 50-200gp depending how strong 'wood' they are done from but considering lack of wood I would say you get 50% discount to any metal doors (+100% for any wood doors) as drows can mine and work with more regularly with metal than wood. Or you can do fancy force wall doors if you prefer :P. Just costs 40,000gp or so.