Another species going extinct unless you act!

Started by Stattick, January 15, 2013, 01:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRedFear

For those keeping score that's

Man: 40,293,321,005

Mother Nature: 0

Suck it bitch.

Man...I wanna go teabag a redwood right about now.

RubySlippers

Humans are the dominant species so species must adapt to us, that is natures way. First the dinosaurs who died off largely and then the rise of man who has proven to be the apex predator on the planet.

Rogue

Omg. So a parasite is going to die? Don't see a problem here. One less thing to worry about when being promiscuous. In all seriousness though, while it's not an "important animal" it's also a parasite so.... For once, I'll agree with the person above me, though it's more dying from human vanity not humans being horrible to the environment, which affects every species on this planet, just sayin.

Moraline

Quote...pubic louse is basically extinct outside hardy colonies in the Pacific Northwest, Vermont, and Berkeley.

*gigglesnorts*

Ligeia

I'm going to agree with everyone else here. Personally I didn't realize that this species of lice existed and it's one that I doubt very many people will miss if it dies. The article showed no ways its disappearance would mess with the ecosystem and we've got plenty of other parasites left it it dies out. Such as leeches, ticks, and bedbugs to name a few.
"Beware the Jabberwock my son. The jaws that bite, the claws that scratch. Beware the Jubjub bird and shun, the frumious Bandersnatch."

" 'The time has come,' the Walrus said, 'To talk of many things. Of shoes and ships and sealing wax. Of cabbages and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings.' "
~Poems~ ~Plots/Pairings~

Love And Submission

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 18, 2013, 02:32:56 AM
Humans are the dominant species so species must adapt to us, that is natures way. First the dinosaurs who died off largely and then the rise of man who has proven to be the apex predator on the planet.

I think you mean Humans are the dominant species on earth because when it comes to intergalactic travel we suck really really badly at it.
We can't even get a single human  outside of the solar system.

We suck at space basically.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Moraline

I thought long and hard on this one and I came to the conclusion that I refuse to grow hair down there to save this species. I'm sorry but I just can't do it.

My parts are staying smooth and that's that.

CmdrRenegade

"We only want to save the cute ones!"-Denis Leary

That is all.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Dashenka

March 14, 2013: Greenpeace launches its Save the Lice campaign. T-shirts reading PLEASE DON’T SHAVE MY HOME and featuring the organization’s trademarked character Larry the Louse, grow in popularity on college campuses.

That sums up Greenpeace. Even though the whole article is a fake and mocking they got that right. Greenpeace is a pathetic organization that should just be banned and made illegal.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

LilyRoseBlack23

O.O is that for real or is that a joke article?

Caeli

Quote from: LilyRoseBlack23 on January 29, 2013, 01:44:17 PM
O.O is that for real or is that a joke article?

It's a joke article. Could probably also consider it satirical.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

TaintedAndDelish

This is a succulent fodder for a truly evil plan.  >:)
Now that I know where all the louse are, I'll just need to find a few pawns to do my dirty work....

Hades

Quote from: TaintedAndDelish on February 08, 2013, 11:01:47 PM
This is a succulent fodder for a truly evil plan.  >:)
Now that I know where all the louse are, I'll just need to find a few pawns to do my dirty work....

"In national news today, a mad genius took control of the Pacific Northwest, Vermont, and Berkeley.  When reached for a comment, the new evil overlord wasn't identified but did say something about how all the louse available in those locations made his future nefarious plans much easier to plot.  He then walked off, twirling his handlebar mustache and laughing maniacaly.

And now over to Tom for the latest sports update...."

gaggedLouise

If we manage to revive the mammoth (by means of cloned DNA and insemination) I'm sure those magnificent beasts will provide a home for pubic lice as well.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Blythe

That article sounds like something The Onion would do a news program on for their Youtube channel. :)

Caehlim

Quote from: gaggedLouise on March 12, 2013, 01:20:57 AM
If we manage to revive the mammoth (by means of cloned DNA and insemination) I'm sure those magnificent beasts will provide a home for pubic lice as well.

Actually, their legs are specially adapted to the kind of hair they cling to, they would most likely be unable to grip wooly mammoth fur as it would be far too thick.

You would also have problems bringing wooly mammoths back to life even if we had the DNA as we wouldn't also have a mammoth Ovum to inseminate. Placing it in a closely related species would create something similar perhaps, but it wouldn't be the same. Also it would be likely to suffer from horribly crippling defects and die shortly after creation.

Damn you science. Why must you ruin everything!!! (He says, using the internet to chat with people around the world).
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Ack Arg

Quote from: Caehlim on March 12, 2013, 05:24:44 AM

Damn you science. Why must you ruin everything!!! (He says, using the internet to chat with people around the world).

I think you're forgetting about nanotechnology. That stuff is magic. It's so magic it can make mammoths out of mermaids. That's really really magic. Ask movies, they'll tell you about the magic.

On a serious note, maybe we need a public campaign on this so people can feel like they're doing something positive. Handwashing is a downer. Patriotic (Species-otic?) could be a real moral booster.
Returning after long... long hiatus. May be slow to find a rhythm.