Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Episode 4 [Ended]

Started by Xillen, June 05, 2009, 04:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

*sighs and changes his vote once more*  This is all so confusing.  I vote for Scott as well.  I can't subscribe to such a 'strategy,' Rockin, until I have more to go on.  Besides, your way of figuring out who may be a wolf does not mean it has to be the rest of ours.

Rockin

Quote from: Maeven on June 16, 2009, 03:34:13 PM
It's only natural early on to vote with the majority. We've got nothing to go on but speculation and conjecture. *shrugs* Not to mention the fact this is a game that plays upon mob mentality. All you've shown us is that around 70% percent of us are likely to go with the mob more often. *shrugs*

exactly. From my past experience in Mafia games, I notice that sometimes, the mafias/wolves  would like to bagwagon (go with the mob), so as to blend in with town/peasants.

@Ryven - I don't really expect it to be. Just merely giving out a helping hand of what we should do. Again, from past games I've played in, we usually find a number of ways so as to pinpoint Mafia/wolves and such. I'm not forcing this on ya. Just something I'm just trying to help out with. You don't have to follow it if you don't really want to, as I'm just adding in upon discussion.

Xillen

Quote from: Fragile Dreams on June 16, 2009, 11:04:46 AMGood good. Then i will keep having my suspicions that Marg didn't note her successor, but she informed us for her murderer.

Quote from: Ryven on June 16, 2009, 01:36:43 PMYou seem as likely as any other, not to mention your name scrolled all over Marg's wall in blood.

Uhm, back up!

That's just flavor text! It's something I wrote there to fill it up. Marguerite clearly stated she wanted Desan as her successor for sheriff.

Please nobody try to determine anything from my flavor text! If people keep doing that, I'll be forced to stop writing them and only give out the hard facts. :(

Fragile Dreams

Flavor text is good, but if we look at it carefully it's like pointing fingers to Desan. It could be like, "When the village found the dying body of Marg, her last words were to announce Desan as the new Sheriff." I'm not saying that you did something wrong, but since it's a game of bluffs and tricks, everything must be taken under consideration.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Will

Quote from: Fragile Dreams on June 16, 2009, 04:03:01 PM
Flavor text is good, but if we look at it carefully it's like pointing fingers to Desan. It could be like, "When the village found the dying body of Marg, her last words were to announce Desan as the new Sheriff." I'm not saying that you did something wrong, but since it's a game of bluffs and tricks, everything must be taken under consideration.

No, not really.  Xillen said Marg picked Desan as her successor.  That's all there is to it.  Reading anything more into it than that is not appropriate.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Xillen

Quote from: Fragile Dreams on June 16, 2009, 04:03:01 PMbut if we look at it carefully

Don't look at it carefully, it's flavor text. It's sitting there as fluff, and can safely be ignored.

Marguerite was asked who her successor would be. She chose Desan. She didn't get a chance to say "I suspect this person."

So please ignore the flavor text, and assume Marguerite wanted Desan as the next sheriff, end of story!

Fragile Dreams

Okay then it's my bad and i apologize. Also i changed my vote earlier.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Xillen

Quote from: Sir Desan on June 16, 2009, 02:08:29 PM((Yea I need to talk to Xillen about that. I don't think it's fair to say it in such a way like that, unless he said it like that in other games))

I'll have to stop making them up at all, if people keep on insisting that they can find tidbits of information in it, when I clearly state in the rules and remind several times that that's not the way they should be interpret.

Quote from: Ryven on June 16, 2009, 02:15:43 PMI choose to interpret the flavor text in this way.

Flavor text should not be interpreted at all. It's just flavor.

Trieste

I have reason to believe that Avi is now a wolf.

Desan

Quote from: Xillen on June 16, 2009, 04:07:43 PM
I'll have to stop making them up at all, if people keep on insisting that they can find tidbits of information in it, when I clearly state in the rules and remind several times that that's not the way they should be interpret.

((It's all good bro. I just didn't want people pointing the finger at me due to trying to read into more of the text than there needs to be, and use their interpretation as justification :)  ))
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Xillen

Quote from: Aiden on June 16, 2009, 02:19:49 PMAiden retracts his vote, for now.

You can only retract your vote by voting for someone else.

But more importantly, you are not allowed to edit earlier posts! Information posted in the public thread should remain public! You can only state in later posts that you changed your mind.

LadySky

Yeah, what he said! *points at Xillen*   :P
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Rockin

It's alright fragile dreams. It happens.

However, Ryven is gonna have to explain himself. *changes my vote to Ryven

Ryven, just wondering why you wanted to vote for Sir Desan before? I only ask this cause of your reason here...

Quote from: Ryven on June 16, 2009, 01:36:43 PM
You seem as likely as any other, not to mention your name scrolled all over Marg's wall in blood.

I'm sure you remember the last game you was in, when pianoman died (Day 7 I believe) that night by a wolf. At the time, he was sheriff, and xillen's flavor described him as to pianoman writing on a piece of paper in blood. The only difference with Marg is that she wrote it on the wall.

care to explain, sir?

Rockin

Bleh, sorry. forgot to mention that in the last game you went straight for scott (who wasn't a sheriff), but decided to go for Desan who had his name involved in the flavor.

Xillen

Lynch Votes:
  • Maeven - 5 votes: Eden, Kaz, Ladysky, Desan, Will
  • Desan - 4 votes: Krysia, Scott, Josietta, Aiden
  • Avi - 3 votes: Rafufu, Pianoman, Trieste
  • Scott - 3 votes: Fragile Dreams, Maeven, Ryven
  • Kaz - 1 vote: Teno
  • Ryven - 1 vote: Rockin
  • Will
  • Krysia
  • Rockin
  • Saku
  • Aiden
  • Ladysky
  • Teno
  • Trieste
  • Elunari
  • Eden
  • Fragile Dreams
  • Josietta
  • Ket
  • Mannik
  • Pianoman
  • Rafufu
  • Rhapsody

Not yet voted: Avi, Saku, Elunari, Ket, Mannik, Rhapsody

Remaining Roles:
  • 11 Peasants (possibly including one Halfbreed)
  • 2 Soulmates
  • 1 Seer
  • 1 Healer
  • 1 Alchemist
  • 1 Executioner
  • 1 Cupid
  • 4 Werewolves (possibly one more from the Alpha)
  • 1 Alpha

Will

*eyes Rockin* o.o 

Ryven's not even on your list.  Why aren't you going with the list that you came up with?
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Trieste

(( Rockin', I don't actually think that holding a mistake against someone is very kosher. He changed his vote, so let it go. ))

Ryven

Quote from: Rockin on June 16, 2009, 04:25:43 PM
It's alright fragile dreams. It happens.

However, Ryven is gonna have to explain himself. *changes my vote to Ryven

Ryven, just wondering why you wanted to vote for Sir Desan before? I only ask this cause of your reason here...

I'm sure you remember the last game you was in, when pianoman died (Day 7 I believe) that night by a wolf. At the time, he was sheriff, and xillen's flavor described him as to pianoman writing on a piece of paper in blood. The only difference with Marg is that she wrote it on the wall.

care to explain, sir?

I have nothing to hide.  I only voted for Desan since he seemed suspicious, but your vote is your own.

LadySky

*shakes head at Rockin and feels eye starting to twitch*

After recent news flashes LadySky changes her vote to Avi.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Rockin

Will - cause I thought it was weird, that's all. This wasn't really an official vote. More like pressure, if anything.

Ryven - ahh, okay. I was just curious that's all. Sorry about that lol

and with that I vote back to will (Will, incase you wonder, no I don't find you suspicious either. Xillen's ruleset makes me needed to vote, so since I can't be optional when to vote. Hope you don't mind.)

Avi

My vote is for Maeven. I have information that suggests she is not as she appears.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

pianoman7117

Piano scrunches up his face, "how was it not an official vote? you said I change my vote to ryven.." You confuse me way too much for my own good. ><

Rockin

Quote from: Avi on June 16, 2009, 04:40:32 PM
My vote is for Maeven. I have information that suggests she is not as she appears.

What kind of information?

Xillen

Just as a bit of information, since people seem confused about the Cupid and the Soulmates:

The Cupid and the Soulmates are not related. The two people targeted by the Cupid become lovers, not Soulmates.

Soulmates are actual roles handed out at the start of the game. They only know about each other, nothing more. Since their role is Soulmate, they cannot also be a Werewolf, though one can still be bitten by the Alpha, without the other knowing. If one were to die, the other one lives on.

Lovers are appointed by the cupid, and are on top of their normal roles. It's possible that a lover is also a werewolf.

The cupid has to pick two lovers during the first night. Only if one of the lovers dies that same night will Cupid fail and have to repick during the next night. Since nobody died during the first night, the love couple was established. Even if the love couple died at a later time, Cupid does not get to pick a new couple, so there's only a single couple in the entire game.

Cupid is not related to the lovers in any way. (S)he just picks them, that's all (assuming (s)he doesn't pick him/herself as one).

Desan

And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.