A Marvel Menagerie ~ Roleplay Ideas

Started by Rising Fenyx, December 22, 2023, 10:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rising Fenyx

Hey, hey! I'm Fenyx, long time RPer and, as the title undoubtedly suggests, a long time enjoyer of the Marvel multiverse, both in and outside of the MCU. What I'm looking for is a writer who is interested in helping me develop a couple of characters, or even some pairs of characters who are my absolute favorites. I particularly love multi-part storylines which allow two characters to develop their relationship as they go, be that one of friendship, mutual romantic interest, or even one of conflict. Some may even be a mix of the three, evolving with each interaction!

Of course, it goes without saying that all characters are 18+, and as this is in the non-adult section, there's to be zero smut.

I'm gonna start with a couple of my favorite pairings and some very general ideas for starting interactions.

Kate Bishop and Yelena Belova

I cannot begin to tell you how much I absolutely adore these two together. Hawkeye may not be everyone's favorite Disney+ show, but far as I'm concerned, every moment these two shared the screen was the peak of the series, and I've loved them ever since. I sort of like the idea that maybe Kate and Yelena haven't physically encountered one another for a while, but Yelena isn't always too far away, with the Widow often checking in on the archer from afar whenever she's between contracts or actively helping other Widows who were controlled by the Red Room.

Kate, meanwhile, has been honing her skills as a vigilante and trying to live up to the Hawkeye name. She's still a relative newbie who's trying to break into the superhero scene, so to speak, and doesn't have too many friends in the hero-biz just yet outside of Clint himself. She spends most of her free time taking on organized crime... when, that is, she's not healing fresh wounds and broken bones.

An easy way for the two to reconnect could involve Yelena having to take a more hands-on approach to watching over Kate and literally having to save her life after the little hawk bites off more than she can chew and is either nearly executed or kidnapped. Following this, things could be... messy. Lots of unsaid feelings, potential blossoming romantic interest which is threatened by Kate and Yelena's very different lifestyles. The whole concept of a relatively new hero attempting to prove herself, while simultaneously struggling with the fact that someone she cares dearly about is a bit of a murder goblin is very appealing to me. I can foresee a lot of shenanigans with Kate and Yelena both working together, and occasionally Kate even trying to stop Yelena before she can take out one of her targets.

Picture this: Kate catches up with Yelena before she can assassinate a high priority target. The two fight (Kate probably gets her ass kicked), and in the process they're not yelling at and arguing with one another, but instead bantering about dinner reservations for the following night. Their jobs breed conflict, but the two are so over the moon for one another that they just can't bring themselves to anger. When I think of Kate and Yelena, I think wit, violence, and romance. Lots of fluffy post-action care for one another.

While I am open to writing either side for this one, I have a great deal of experience writing Kate so she's definitely my preferred character. I can and will write Yelena if necessary though!

Ghost-Spider and Black Cat

Kate and Yelena may be my favorite pairing, but my favorite single character across the Marvel multiverse (tied only with Doctor Strange) is Gwen Stacy, better known as the Haunting Ghost-Spider. My idea involves a Gwen who gets tangled up with the Felicia Hardy of her universe. Now, it's worth noting that in the comics there is already an established Black Cat who's a great deal different from your typical iteration of the character, but I'm willing to bend canon here a bit to have Gwen encounter a much more traditional take on the character.

There are a couple of different ways the two could meet, from Gwen stumbling upon the burglar as she attempts to rob a museum, or Felicia approaching the Ghost-Spider in an attempt to coax the hero into taking a walk on the wild side. In Gwen's universe (from the initial comic run, anyway), Gwen is one of very, very few heroes in her universe, with the only other notable one being her world's version of Captain America, and Gwen also did some serious prison time for her crime-fighting antics, which Felicia could mistake as Ghost-Spider being a bit less of a paragon of justice than she truly is. If we were to stick with a more comic-accurate iteration of Ghost-Spider as opposed to the Spiderverse films, Gwen's powers are granted to her by Earth-65's iteration of the Venom symbiote, which is worth mentioning because it could be interesting to explore a more internal struggle with Gwen's idea of right and wrong when she has a liquid black devil on her shoulder. Alternatively, Gwen and Felicia's relationship could be far more black and white, with the two being straight up enemies. I'm open for whatever!

And sticking with Gwen...
Ghost-Spider and Mary Jane

Punk-rock singer MJ? Yes, please. I'd love to explore more interactions between Gwen and her sometimes-insufferable frontwoman. Given Gwen's incarceration in the comics, her identity is widely known in her universe, so there's a lot to explore between the two with MJ knowing exactly why Gwen is always ghosting her (pun intended), or late to band practice, or always showing up with bruises. If you wanted to go with something similar to the movie iterations of Gwen, we could play around more with MJ not knowing Gwen's web-slinging alter-ego, and maybe even build up to a dramatic reveal in which Gwen finally tells her the truth. Whatever the case, this can be anywhere from strictly platonic, perhaps almost sisterly, to romantic. Or, maybe we could even tell an AU story where MJ becomes the villain. She has become Carnage in the past, after all!

Much like with Kate, I have a great deal of experience writing Gwen. However, I'm also very much open to writing Black Cat or Mary Jane. Felicia in particular is a character who I've often wanted to try my hand at, but just haven't had the right opportunity.

With all of that being said, if you're still with me, I also just want to say that all of these aforementioned characters are open to pairing up with one of your own creations or another canon character of your choice, should you so desire. On the far more loose side of things, I'm also open to writing Mayday Parker (comic canon), Doctor Strange (any canon/AU Fem!Strange - big interest), Wanda Maximoff (MCU), Captain Carter (MCU), Dormammu (any canon), the Ring Master (comic/AU creation), and Zebediah Killgrave (comic canon).

So, if those more fleshed out ideas don't appeal to you, feel free to pick a character and name one of your choosing, be them canon or otherwise, and let's get the plotting ball rolling!

Thanks so much for your time. I apologize for how horribly long-winded this was, but I hope it was a relatively decent insight as to the sort of plot threads I'm searching for! Happy holidays, folks.
Characters, Kinks, and General Information

Current Cravings

Inbox is always open for plotting and general chatter!