Mythology Itch Needs Scratching (Closed for now!)

Started by Spiritfox09, February 06, 2019, 03:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrishWolf

RipTide

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Spiritfox09

Alright ladies and gents! We have a full roster for now and we're ready to begin! I'll start working on the OOC thread and the opening post tomorrow! I'll message everyone with the links to them once I have them up but please feel free to discuss here while waiting! :D

Galactic Druid

Someone beat me to Amaterasu, but that's okay! I was unsure of playing more than one character to begin with! ^^;

It's great to meet everyone, I'm really looking forward to this!

diamondaries

Quote from: Galactic Druid on February 11, 2019, 09:56:49 PM
Someone beat me to Amaterasu, but that's okay! I was unsure of playing more than one character to begin with! ^^;

It's great to meet everyone, I'm really looking forward to this!

She could always use some friends!

tangerine

"A...A... Amaterasu-sama!"

*stammering like a fangirl*

Galactic Druid

A little excited there, Tangy? =P

I was thinking about what the theme for the party might be; Durga would make an excellent hostess, all things considered. Perhaps she rented out a venue to host a party to bring in new clients, or thank the ones she has?

Quote from: diamondaries on February 11, 2019, 10:00:04 PM
She could always use some friends!

Hopefully our character will have chances to be very good friends.

RipTide

Quote from: Galactic Druid on February 12, 2019, 08:41:29 AM
I was thinking about what the theme for the party might be; Durga would make an excellent hostess, all things considered. Perhaps she rented out a venue to host a party to bring in new clients, or thank the ones she has?

Durga would, indeed, be a great host. I’m happy to take that on.

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

tangerine

A little excited there, Tangy? =P

Hehe, well I'd imagine my reaction would be like walking into a room to find myself standing next to a famous movie star, or the Queen of England.

That sounds good.  Tamako-chan could be catering her baked goods at the party.  Or as an invited guest (or even as a party crasher since she is relatively new in town and might not yet be identified by the other gods), in good asian-style, bring baked goods as a gift for the host anyway.

Wyatt

Given the rather long lives of our characters it is also quite possible that some have, for better or worse, met at different times and places.  If that is allowable it might be fun to have some folks bring a bit of history with each other.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

tangerine

Quote from: Wyatt on February 12, 2019, 12:05:54 PM
Given the rather long lives of our characters it is also quite possible that some have, for better or worse, met at different times and places.  If that is allowable it might be fun to have some folks bring a bit of history with each other.

That's a really good point!  Tamako-chan has lived most of her life under the sea, but she and Amaterasu would definitely know each other at least by reputation (if it's mostly the reputation as the birth mother of a nation, she's going full Tsun for an episode).  And while we were in completely different seas and oceans, it's quite plausible that Poseidon-sama and I have had past run-ins.

Galactic Druid

Love this idea!

Wyatt

Seth is not much of a sea going fellow, though I always envisioned him having had some past relationship with the Lady of the Lake from Arthurian times, I mean, you know he made that dang sword for her, lol.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Spiritfox09

Oh absolutely. It would be a good idea to discuss the history our characters have with one another, if any, before we begin.

Apep hasn't arrived in New Orleans yet. I don't really see him having any prior interaction with anyone. He can't swim so I imagine he wouldn't spend too much time around water, so that would rule out the sea-dwelling gods. Given his history with Ra (Egyptian Sun God), I think he'd try to avoid Amaterasu like the plague. Which could provide us with a bit of humor when they do meet. :P

Pele on the other hand has lived in New Orleans for awhile, so I wouldn't be surprised if she at least knows the other deities are there. She's a bit more conservative so I don't see her knowing Durga right off the bat but perhaps she doesn't know that side of her? Food for thought? She definitely doesn't know Siren or Poseidon.  ::)

IrishWolf

Let see, Dionysus has some family in the roster. Persephone would be his half sister and Poseidon is his uncle. So he might have known Misty back in the day and given that he was wandering around the Greco-Roman world, he could have run into Sethlans or Apep at some point in Antiquity. He would have gone north during the spread of Christianity, so he could have bumped into Freyr during the Dark Ages and he was in the British Isles  during the 1600-1700s, so he might have met Samhain.

Wyatt

Pele and Seth seem like they might have run into each other in similar circles at some point.  I would make a pun about them being old flames given their respective powers, but even my jokes aren't that punny  :D
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Galactic Druid

Mine are!

You could say they're old flames... that they still have sparks... that they forged a strong bond...  that things were heated between them...

LamentingQuill

Question, how many characters are people already involved restricted to? Like I presently have two, how many can I have in total? If there is a limitation at all.

Spiritfox09

Quote from: IrishWolf on February 12, 2019, 02:43:25 PM
Let see, Dionysus has some family in the roster. Persephone would be his half sister and Poseidon is his uncle. So he might have known Misty back in the day and given that he was wandering around the Greco-Roman world, he could have run into Sethlans or Apep at some point in Antiquity. He would have gone north during the spread of Christianity, so he could have bumped into Freyr during the Dark Ages and he was in the British Isles  during the 1600-1700s, so he might have met Samhain.

Apep would have probably already taken off by the time the Greeks made their way over to Egypt. He wasn't exactly a popular guy... He even goes by his Egyptian name instead the more well-known Greek version, Apophis. (Like Anubis' real name was Anpu)

Quote from: Wyatt on February 12, 2019, 03:01:26 PM
Pele and Seth seem like they might have run into each other in similar circles at some point.  I would make a pun about them being old flames given their respective powers, but even my jokes aren't that punny  :D

I was thinking the same! I can definitely seeing them knowing each other.

Quote from: Galactic Druid on February 12, 2019, 03:03:58 PM
Mine are!

You could say they're old flames... that they still have sparks... that they forged a strong bond...  that things were heated between them...

xD Oh, Druid. You silly tree.

Quote from: LamentingQuill on February 12, 2019, 03:04:38 PM
Question, how many characters are people already involved restricted to? Like I presently have two, how many can I have in total? If there is a limitation at all.

You're allowed as many as you're comfortable writing, Quill. :) Creating more characters can keep things from getting stale, so by all means, whenever you feel the need fill out another sheet and send it to me!

diamondaries

Once Amaterasu notices she would think it's funny that Apep is so keen on ignoring her :P she might try to have some fun with that.
Of course she knows Tamako like tang said, Ama will say hi, she'll think she's cute too!!
Otherwise I think she's not too familiar (or at least acquaintances with) the other gods, mostly because she's from a different place and hasn't had much opportunity to say hi even though it's been thousands of years. She's a little lazy like that.
She's been in New Orleans a few days, maybe a week. All she's been doing is partying as a college student so far.

Spiritfox09

Here you go Druid. SirensGod found this for you!

An abandoned boat overtaken by nature. :P

Galactic Druid

Ohhhhh, I love it, thank you both! I’m sure I can work it in there somewhere! XD

Spiritfox09

Quote from: Galactic Druid on February 13, 2019, 01:06:11 PM
Ohhhhh, I love it, thank you both! I’m sure I can work it in there somewhere! XD

Not quite the riverboat you mentioned, but I thought it was lovely. ^w^