Home for Wayward Nekos (Interest Check)

Started by Aragem, December 31, 2014, 06:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

Depending on how many are interested, I'll add more details and pics.  This game is LGBTQ friendly. 

The world setting will be modern day Earth, but with nekos or animal people are common and are treated as slaves and pets.  They are bred on neko farms and are provided to households across the world.  Despite the enslavement, nekos are well protected by laws and will be removed from a household if abused or considered too feral to be placed.

This brings us to the Home for Wayward Nekos.  It's a large house located on a farm isolated away by miles from any towns or cities.  Nekos are have been removed from abusive homes, abandoned, or given up by households unable to properly care for them.  The home also provides special training for feral nekos who are too willful or too disruptive to be placed in a home.  The home is a temporary placement until a home is found for each Neko.     

Characters will be divided between humans who are the caretakers of the home, or visitors who are seeking to adopt nekos. 

Neko characters can choose to be the average feline version we are so familiar with or they can choose to be something different like a wolf boy or a fox girl for example.

I have this set up so players can drop in or out easily.  If playing a Neko, we can say that character got placed in a home and any new players can be nekos just dropped off. 

If you are interested in this game, please state what sort of character you want to play as so I have an idea how many people are interested.  Also, I wouldn't mind if someone wanted to help me co-run this as real life and work issues sometimes overrun my time. 

UPDATE

Neko/Kemons Laws

- All Kemonomimis, Kemons for short, must be placed within a home or a facility created specifically for them.

- Kemon females are required to be under some sort of birth control at all times until the owner wishes to breed them and has a breeding permit.

- Humans are allowed to discipline their Kemons for misbehavior as they see fit with paddles, canes, switches, or whips, but no severe or lasting damage is permitted.  Any household is suspected of abusing a Kemon will pay a heavy fine and may be brought up on criminal charges, and the Kemon will be permanently removed from the household immediately. 

-Kemons must be well cared for.  They must be provided with food, water, and medical care when injured or sick.  Any household that neglects a Kemon's basic needs will be guilty of abusing a Kemon and Kemon will be removed.  Any household that is unable to provide basic needs or care for Kemon must turn Kemon over to the state in order to prevent charges or being fined.   

-Households are responsible for making certain their Kemon obeys the law.  Any owner who encourages or uses a Kemon to break the law will be brought up on charges and Kemon will be removed.

-Feral is a general term that describes Kemons who refuses to obey humans or becomes too violent to manage.  A Kemon is provided with three warnings before being removed from a household and taken to a training facility to learn new behavior. 

-Though Kemons can be adopted at any age, any sexual activities with ferals below the age of sixteen is against the law and is considered abuse. 

Moon Hound Hati

Also interested. Will likely play a caretaker if I end up joining.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Angie

Tentative interest in this. I'd like to do a caretaker, but if there's a lot of caretakers I'll pull out.

Actually, I could be the on-site doctor/veterinarian (what term applies to catgirls, I wonder?)
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Angie

8 years of med school to jam needles into nekos...

ragarth

This has my interest. I'd play a female fox puppygirl named Cassie. (( Neko Vulpinus? ))

I'm curious what kind of training feral nekos get?
Are nekos allowed to read?

I'm thinking Cassie was at one time a well behaved vulpine girl serving on a family farm for non-sapient animals. If nekos normally can't read, or if reading is illegal for them, she was taught to read out of expediency of doing chores. One day, the daughter of the family had an essay assignment they had to write on the works of Karl Marx and so Cassie got hold of The Communist Manifesto... and went feral.

She's now an advocate for neko equality, and though she herself isn't violent, her talk of relating the struggle between the bourgeoisie and proletariat with advocacy for neko rights is dangerous enough in and of itself.

edit: species update. Curled tail and floppy ears just makes more sense for her at the moment as she develops as a character in my head.

Moon Hound Hati

The word you're probably looking for is kitsune, which means fox in Japanese. Neko means cat.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

ragarth

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on December 31, 2014, 07:46:34 PM
The word you're probably looking for is kitsune, which means fox in Japanese. Neko means cat.

Kitsune are multi-tailed fox spirits. I was using Neko above because that seems to be the generic word for people with animal ears and a tail in the world Aragem is creating. The 'neko vulpinus' thing was a joke. :-)

Of course, I certainly wouldn't mind Cassie being a Neko Kitsune. ;-)

Moon Hound Hati

As far as I know it's also the word used for fox in general.

Aragem

Overall term for the type of people with animal ears and tails are Kemonomimi which translates to animal ears.

QuoteI'm curious what kind of training feral nekos get?
Are nekos allowed to read?

Training would be up to the handler which could be into bdsm themes.  And yes, Nekos are allowed to read.  In this world, all Kemons are given a very basic education, reading, writing, math, and history.  We can have someone who in interested be teacher for the wayward Kemons.

QuoteActually, I could be the on-site doctor/veterinarian (what term applies to catgirls, I wonder?)

Cool, having an onsite physician would be great.

I have a list in mind of characters.

1 Doc (Angijussan if wants this part)
1 Teacher
1 Cook
And several handlers. 

There is room for more if more people are interested in being handlers.

I think the maximum number of Kemons (at this point in time) should be five.  There won't be any assigning a Kemon to a handler as they are up for grabs and handling by any caretaker.  Though, players will need to plan and discuss scenes with each other before acting them out. 

Now I want to go ahead and say this early on since people are interested in joining.

The minimum requirement for each post in game in going to be three paragraphs.  The reason for this is I have seen and been apart of games where someone is giving a brilliantly detail post only to have their partner respond with one liners and that ruins a game quick.  I've seen people quiet games over this and I have to say this is.  This game is going to be a text based RP so having the ability to write well  is a must.  I understand that we aren't all Shakespeares or novelists, but we have to be fair to each other.   

Angie

Ooo, three paragraphs? I'm out. I'm not at a level where I can manage that on a consistent basis.

ragarth

Sweet! I'm willing to break my one-game rule for this. I think I have a rough character idea going for this now. What kind of character sheet would you like?

The three paragraph rule is harsh. I'll likely be able to work with it, but I'll be stretching a good deal to do so. My major concern with it is that in my experience the length of a post does not indicate a good RP'er, so imposing a minimum length may lend itself simply to filler material and drive otherwise good RP'ers away. A decent compromise may be 5 sentences. That's a reasonable paragraph's worth, which is what most posts should be at minimum in my opinion. This paragraph, for instance, is a mix of seven simple and complex sentences which gets across about three related but distinct ideas, with one of those sentences being highly superfluous. Considering that most posts are going to cover around three distinct ideas, that seems reasonable to me.

Aragem

QuoteThe three paragraph rule is harsh. I'll likely be able to work with it, but I'll be stretching a good deal to do so. My major concern with it is that in my experience the length of a post does not indicate a good RP'er, so imposing a minimum length may lend itself simply to filler material and drive otherwise good RP'ers away. A decent compromise may be 5 sentences. That's a reasonable paragraph's worth, which is what most posts should be at minimum in my opinion. This paragraph, for instance, is a mix of seven simple and complex sentences which gets across about three related but distinct ideas, with one of those sentences being highly superfluous. Considering that most posts are going to cover around three distinct ideas, that seems reasonable to me.

I'm willing to lower the requirement to at least one paragraph, but I have to stand firm against allowing one liners.  Or at the very least, give as good you get.  Try to match length for length with your partner in any scene.

As for character sheets, I have a rough idea, but I'm still waiting to see if we get enough people together who are interested before I put anything official together.  I'm thinking by this time next week, or possibly sooner if we have plenty of people.  I'm still brainstorming right now, so if you are interested, again I ask you to post in this thread to let me know and tell me what sort of character you would be interested in.

CARETAKERS:  What sort of role do you fill in the Home?

KEMON/NEKOS:  What is your species and why are you in the Home?

Just be thinking of that while I sort out the details.   

Chreestafer

You have my attention! :)

I'm interested in a male fox, maybe feral as he ran the streets as a con artist and anti home activist.  Now he was caught and is in "disipline" so he'd be rough and crude.

Thoughts?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Aragem

I made an update by providing Kemon laws in the first post.

darklink43

...I got nonthing.

Inari

I am torn between playing a neko and playing a caretaker. X3

la dame en noir

Just dropping this by and leaving lol

Kitsune
Mythical creature
Kitsune is the Japanese word for fox. Foxes are a common subject of Japanese folklore; in English, kitsune refers to them in this context.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Hazy Sky

I'm interested in taking on a human role. Bookmarking.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

ragarth

This is what we have for players thus far:

not decided
Starcry

Humans
Moon Hound Hati: caretaker
Angiejuusan: Vet (dropped out)
darklink: Trainer (Cooking!)

kemon
ragarth: puppygirl, feral advocate of marxist upheaval by kemon
chreestafer: male fox, feral ex-con artist & anti-home activist
andyz: bunnygirl

darklink43

My character is going to train Kemon is going to teach kemon in the Art of cooking.
...I got nonthing.

ragarth

Quote from: darklink43 on January 04, 2015, 02:43:10 AM
My character is going to train Kemon is going to teach kemon in the Art of cooking.

Change made in my above post. And yay! Home Ec Teacher!

Aragem

I hate to say this guys, but I looks time isn't going to permit me to move forward with this game.  But that does NOT mean that someone else can take over it and run it.  It's just that real life has taken over and a game like this will take a lot of time to set up and run which I don't have to spare right now. 

Many apologies and please,  move forward with the game.