Wild Cards: Sons of the Gun

Started by DarkDaemon, December 02, 2009, 01:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torioto

DarkDaemon

Quote from: Blackbird on December 16, 2009, 11:53:26 PM
Nice! That, and it works great that my Gun's brother is also a seven.

I thought we wanted our characters as brothers? For extra drama?
I will have limited access 12/22 through 1/1.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

Blackbird

We are brothers. That, and since they were both carried by our legendary Gunsliger father, makes our Guns "brothers" as well! Sorry if I confused you.

torioto

Blackbird

Good question - one I was curious about myself. DarkDaemon, you said that you were looking for this to be a freeform RP... But just how freeform exactly? I would like to propose that, (unless someone, namely you or me, wanted to impose some slight GM influence), we can all "control" minor NPCs, even ones that someone else made up. However, greater NPCs (important ones with their own name) should not be "controled" by other players out of respect, unless with permission of course.

For example: Tori here can write in one of his posts that we get surrounded by bad guys. Daemon and I can feel free to fight and kill them however we wish. But, if Tori were to include an enemy leader - Bandit the Outlaw - then he can only be controled by Tori, almost (but not quite) like his own character. The reason we can't just fight and kill Bandit the Outlaw is because Tori may have created him with some future purpose in mind, one that we would flush down the toilet should we decide to kill him off  in the post after he was introduced.

Kinda get it? But that's just one idea, mind you.

torioto

Blackbird

Thanks. It's a standard "easy" system - just enough rules to keep order in a game without official rules.

Hayley

You looking for another player?  As yet unapproved and looking for my fix.  Haven't realy put any thought into a character as I wasn't certain if you were full but I'm edging towards fire and brimstone preacher.

torioto

A female gunslinger. Could be interesting especially for Krad *wink*

Blackbird

Easy there, Tori. Gotta keep things PG-13, remember?  ;)

Anyway Hayley, nice to have you with us! I'm sure there will be no problem letting you join. Why don't you complete that profile and post it. Everyone else has, and all we're doing now is waiting for the RP to officially start.

torioto

All I said is that it would be interesting, Blackbird, nothing else. Besides, have you seen PG-13s lately?

Blackbird

Just a joke. Note the winking smiley.

Hayley

Faith Clearwater 'The Sheriff's Widow'

Description
Faith stands only about 5'3" and often seems smaller enough to be invisible - years of being in the background have made her good at not standing out.  When she is noticed she's a fairly good looking girl, perhaps late twenties or early thirties, with long black curly hair and very blue eyes.

She's generally dressed quite plainly, a simple black dress with a leather belt - although she does havemuch nicer clothes left over from the good times in a trunk. 

Once people get to know her, which not many do, they find a deeply sarcastic quick tongue hiding behind a pleasant and eager-to-please exterior.

Bio

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Faith is the Sheriff's widow.  Born to a local rancher she married young but never managed to have children.  She managed house and taught some school while her husband progressed from cowhand to deputy to sheriff.  Known for always getting his man in alive her husband was a man of few words and Faith was not a regular at the tavern so she knew nothing of the outlaws that had set up near her town.  In fact, she was the last to know how that story ended.  When her husband was being shot by the man with the shot out kneecap she was making bread, when the rest of the possee brought his body back she was darning clothing and when the church bells rang she was taking a mid-afternoon rest.  It wasn't until the next day that she learnt her husband had been killed. 

The new sheriff tipped his hat and ma'am-ed his way through the conversation, reluctant to tell her the details.  She got them in the end though, church gossip, off hand comments when people didn't notice she was there and a drunkard who had been with her husband.  Her husband had shot the bandit leader in the knee, expecting the shock to put him down.  The man had stood, laughed off the wound, and shot her husband through the heart.  Claiming that a gal living on her own needed protection and she wanted something to remember him by, Faith managed to get the new Sheriff to give her her husband's old gun.

The bandit with the shot out knee was going to pay for ruining her marriage.  Her husband hadn't told her much, but he had told her one secret about the old rifle he used...

Card

The four of diamonds is a non-descript rifle, the type any two bit smith is capable of making.  A poorly fitted - obviously not original -  wooden stock and a everyday barrel.  Perhaps, if the angle is right, there are etchings down the side of the barrel.  Some say so, some so not.  Noone ever says they know what the etchings mean though.

Fast though it is, the four of diamonds is no hired killer's weapon.  Its no killer's at all weapon, the four can't kill.  Aim to wound, aim to wing, aim to scare there's few faster.  Aim to kill and it'll bounce off a pendant, buck at the wrong time or jam.  Whatever happens, it won't shoot and the attempting assassin will be stood defenseless. Her husband had trusted in his luck, shooting gun hands and feet.  Sadly, theres always someone somewhere with enough stamina or plain stubbornness to withstand the wound and fire back.

torioto

Krad's Card: Seven of Hearts, the "Angel"

A small and elegant handgun with dozens of small intricate feathers engraved on the barrel. As shiny and reflective as polished silver. You may notice that the black handle has the shape of two black wings.
Made for the observant and detailed oriented, the "Angel" has the ability to find the smallest, farthest or hardest to find places. It will never miss the center of a bullseye, or it will hit right in the center of a scorpions head a few hundred of yards away.

This gun has no use against bit targets for it may feel insulted and stop working. And if the slinger decides not to aim when he or she shoots the "Angel" will feel free to decide who or what will receive it's damnation. To use this card means to use extreme mental force, for every shot must be carefully thought in order for it to work right. If not the bullets will decide another destination worthier of their rage.

torioto

I was rather interested to start this adventure. Shame.

DarkDaemon

Argh! Back, Real life, back!
*cough*
Yeah, so, long break, I know. Anyone still interested?
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

Blackbird

Kinda. Not sure to be honest. We'll see. Anyone else?

torioto

Arhys

Seems this hasn't lifted up yet, I wouldn't mind playing a bit.  I have to read up more on the background, and I'll do a profile but a broad stroke would be Esther, age difficult to determine but probably younger than she looks, known only to roam the land and protect women and children outside of the towns.  She is short, slight yet strong, with Native American features.  Oddly, she does not seem to belong to any tribe and her name strikes fear into many.  She comes and go, impossible to track or pin down, yet leaving signs of her activities as she sees fit.

I'm not too fixed on that, if it doesn't fit.  And I'll start reading the links to improve it but I figured I would put it out here and see...

DarkDaemon

Nice to know it ain't dead yet. Anyone feel like starting us off?
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

torioto

DarkDaemon

I'm ready, but I'd prefer if someone else got the ball rolling.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs