What Speed Do You Read?

Started by Nadir, February 06, 2014, 07:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuruwa

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I got 347 words... I'm pretty sure that I'm a slow reader, because when I read a sentence, I imagine the scene in my head, as detailed as possible, and I also study the makeup of each paragraph and how the writer composes the sentences... I've never been a speed reader.
My Ideas
within the dark I hide my face
I'm a woman on fire... and it frightens me so

Wolfling72

You read 586 words per minute.
That makes you 134% faster than the national average.

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Dale

Tested myself twice. For pleasure I read and savour
for work I skim read looking for information .

Amazee

I read actually a lot faster than I thought that I could.

Kitsunetsuki

You read 332 words per minute.
That makes you 33% faster than the national average.
I'm happy with it. I'm in no rush ;)
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Soumis

617 words a minute
I knew I read fast, but whew!

Caehlim

results
You read 1,100 words per minute.
That makes you 340% faster than the national average.

This isn't really quite accurate, I read a lot faster with a small passage like that but I slow down getting through a larger or more interesting book.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Ethoxyethane

Results,
You read 866 words per minute.
That makes you 246% faster than the national average.
but that's just reading, and a small section.  If I were to read the entire book it would be much slower pace because I like to take my time and envision all that I read, and ingest the words printed on the page on some deeper level.

Dorcus

You read 2,173 words per minute.
That makes you 769% faster than the national average.

Okay.... I may have cheated a little and recognized the excerpt that the gave me. (It was Alice in Wonderland's "I'm late!" scene. C'mon...) But I know from previous tests and speed reading work that I read at
around 1500 words per minute. 1200 if it's a difficult text, and 900 is I'm enjoying it, I slow down to act out dialogue in my head....

Deamonbane

375 words per minute, 5 out of 6 right answers
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

amarxnthine

483 words per minute, faster than 82% of others.

Not too bad, faster than I thought it would be - and it was hard for me to follow the passage with all the consonant drops and things.

VioletPanda

Wow, I'm kinda surprised. It was a small passage though...

You read 686 words per minute.
That makes you 174% faster than the national average.
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Ket

not really surprised
239 words per minute, 4% below average.
I'm not really surprised, because I've had cognitive decline due to my epilepsy being uncontrolled for so long.
I'm totally cool with my score. I'll just be over here, reading at my own little leisurely pace.  :)
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Zelta Runa

70% above national average
Whoa. That actually blew me away. Now I feel bad.
“ All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
— Gandalf

— Ω —
BACK… IN A LIMITED CAPACITY
Requests
Absences & Apologies
Ons and Offs

marblesoda

All questions accurately answered (this may be because I've read War of the Worlds 700 times though), my reading speed is.. 479 per minute. *sigh* I've slowed down quite a lot in my old age.
"Do you know what that really means? A knight in shining armor?" "A hero who saves the day." "No. A knight in shining armor never did nothing for nobody. He never fought. A knight in dented, scraped armor, now that's what you want."

LostInTheMist

669 per minute.

Though I had a baseball game on the radio on in the background, so I'll give it another try when I'm not distracted.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated March 24, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: Unusually long bout of insomnia is slowing my posting rate.

Warlock

Results
You read 750 words per minute. That makes you 200% faster than the national average.[/Results]
Results
You read 1,238 words per minute. That makes you 395% faster than the national average.[/Results]
Results
You read 1,310 words per minute. That makes you 424% faster than the national average.[/Results]

''One's an anomaly two's a trend''

Being a non-native speaker, I must admit to being somewhat pleased with myself.

eBadger

304 words, 22% faster. 

I'm actually rather shocked I'm that fast.  I think I read a bit oddly; it's very non-linear, and I tend to re-read sections even when I try not to (I went back over lines on that blurb up to three times).  It works for me, though; I enjoy savoring a good book, and my recall from studying texts tends to be significantly better than most others.  Worth taking a bit longer on things. 

I noticed recently that Amazon's ebooks now have an intro blurb with an approximate time to read, which I find the strangest thing.  What am I supposed to do with that information?  This isn't mapquest, it's not about a destination!

BellaVita

Results
You read 584 words per minute.
That makes you 134% faster than the national average.

I need to brush up on my reading skills!

Sadtaco

228. 9%. The way the opening paragraph was written really tripped me up.  But yeah, I already knew I was a bit dyslexic.

Far eyes

238 wpm, really i am not surprised being a tad dyslexic my self, i am not sure how much English not being my first language matters i think i do more reading in English then anything ells. I think i probably read a bit faster when i am reading words that are more familiar but its also the speed i read at when reading books, i also tend to speed up once i get "into it"
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

DahliaBlossom

Hmmm I guessed about this much
You read 490 words per minute.
That makes you 96% faster than the national average.

I usually remember what I read, especially if I'm enjoying it. if I'm not, then I am just trying to get through it and remember the most important parts. Studying is where this happens. But most fictional stories and when I RP..I remember. Though from this I realize I need to start reading more to get my skills better... It used to be faster.