News:

Main Menu

Teen Titans, Go!

Started by Scribbles, June 23, 2014, 05:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Quote from: Scribbles on June 25, 2014, 01:16:48 PM
I know, it's the whole "the few that shout the loudest" scenario in play. Personally, I just enjoy these shows because they lend a certain light-heartedness to some characters which have grown altogether too serious.

Like Batman: The Bold and the Brave! I suppose it just depends on your perspective, I need a bit of a laugh these days.
The show that made you love Aquaman again. :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Chris Brady

I always like Aquaman...   :-\
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

MiraMirror

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 25, 2014, 09:39:18 PM
I always like Aquaman...   :-\

*Insert obligatory Aquaman joke here*

Brave and the Bold wasn't bad, considering it was meant to be this corny, over-the-top deal that sort of parodied the Adam West version of Batman, from what I could tell.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Scribbles

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on June 25, 2014, 10:54:58 PMBrave and the Bold wasn't bad, considering it was meant to be this corny, over-the-top deal that sort of parodied the Adam West version of Batman, from what I could tell.

It was meant to be a light-hearted representation of Batman but the creators also worked to shine the spotlight on otherwise lesser known heroes and villains. It was a bit of a tribute although most didn't see it as such. Like the Teen Titans Go actors and creators, it's just people having fun with their material, which is probably why I like both shows so much.

Quote from: Inkidu on June 25, 2014, 09:38:05 PM
The show that made you love Aquaman again. :D

Yup! Although, I only really like the Bold and the Brave's portrayal of him...
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Mathim

Okay, so I just put Brave and the Bold season 1 part 1 on my library request list, and Teen Titans Go volume 1.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Scribbles

Hey Mathim, before you start purchasing anything, I suggest looking up the shows. I'd feel bad if this thread convinced you to buy something you might not end up enjoying.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Sabby

As someone who greatly enjoyed the original series, the preview images I occasionally see of this on Youtube make me physically cringe.

Zeth

Teen Titans, Go! I loved it even though I aw the more serious version of Teen Titans that predated it.

My vote for the top three bits from TTG! 1.Raven became Lady Legasus, upon discovering she had legs. The  Titans Wreck Batman's Bat cave and Robin freaks out the entire episode while doing so. 3. They trick Starfire into believing there is a second Christmas to try and get an extra holiday.

NotoriusBEN

Probably the most cathartic episode of the Titans.
Episode title is "Mr. Butt" and sorry for the sound quality, but its the only one I could find on youtube. This is the last five minutes of the episode, but it sets it self up pretty well.

http://youtu.be/UicNveTPy2U