News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Election Thread

Started by Stattick, September 26, 2012, 01:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Amused but not surprised.  MA wasn't particularly fond of him after his term as governor.  Waiting on Utah for the real amusement factor (the Salt Lake paper backed Obama).
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Oniya on November 06, 2012, 08:08:54 PM
Amused but not surprised.  MA wasn't particularly fond of him after his term as governor.  Waiting on Utah for the real amusement factor (the Salt Lake paper backed Obama).

...I was going to make a joke about taking bets about Utah going Blue, but figured no one would go for it.

Oniya

Florida's got me gnawing on my phalanges.  The nail-biting was over and done with hours ago.  Hoping it doesn't come down to my metacarpals, because then typing would be very difficult.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Kythia

Oniya

I'm getting timely results, it's just that Florida was switching back and forth for a while, over a difference of less than 20,000 votes between the front-runners.

gaggedLouise

Not looking terribly likely that Romney would take Ohio. 66% of votes counted, according to CNN, just updated, and the difference is 80.000 in Obama's favour - sounds like too much to take in. It's some of the big-city votes that remain to be counted - and the provisional ballots: both of those classes are likely, in Ohio in particular, to sustain a Dem majority..

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

TheGlyphstone

So I'm looking at the Politico map and comparing the colors. 9 states that went red in 2004 were Blue in 2008. So far, all Red states from 2008 are still Red, but Indiana has defected back to Red.

Teo Torriatte

Obama wins!!!!! fuck yeah!!!!

TheGlyphstone

Looks like we're going to see challenges in Virginia, Ohio, Wisconsin, and.....Florida (anyone surprised)?

Oniya

I've still got 36 Electoral votes before Obama wins.  Of course, if all the unconfirmed states that currently have him leading continue to have him lead (Ohio and Florida, I'm looking at you!) then it should be a lock.

Torch

Fox news has already called it for Obama.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Torch on November 06, 2012, 10:19:33 PM
Fox news has already called it for Obama.

So wait, Fox News has become a reputable reporting source?

Kythia

Oniya

If Florida finally declares, I'll be able to shut down the live feed.

Teo Torriatte

well so did msnbc, and they are already celebrating in Chicago

besides, if fox and msnbc come to the same conclusion on something...

Silver

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 06, 2012, 10:22:44 PM

Really so he'll finally froze over...
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

LunarSage

One would think Fox News would be in heavy denial about a Democratic win... so that says something in my eyes.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Oniya

Virginia just flipped!  Hasn't declared yet, though.

Torch

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 06, 2012, 10:22:44 PM

Tonight's coverage was on the mark, as far as I could tell from our frenetic channel surfing this evening.

*shrug*
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

On's and Off's

Torch

Quote from: LunarSage on November 06, 2012, 10:29:42 PM
One would think Fox News would be in heavy denial about a Democratic win... so that says something in my eyes.

Actually, I noticed Fox calling states for Obama long before CBS, CNN and ABC, for what its worth.

On's and Off's

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, I guess if even Fox is throwing in the towel, it's a done deal.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 06, 2012, 10:17:17 PM
Looks like we're going to see challenges in Virginia, Ohio, Wisconsin, and.....Florida (anyone surprised)?

Not at all, recounts and challenges will be coming - and in the next two years, the senate is going to see a lot of what a pm from around here once called "grinding issues on the long bench" (he borrowed this half-mystifying metaphor from courtroom shop talk).

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

TheGlyphstone

Do Nebraska's Electors cast their votes independently? That's the only explanation I can find for why the Big Board has Nebraska listed four times, divided into Nebraska (2), Nebraska D1(1), Nebraska D2(1), and Nebraska D3(1).