Soulbound (Exotic, Angels & Demons, Story & Smut, Harem, D/s) (Looking for More)

Started by Panthean, September 24, 2014, 12:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panthean

So this RP has officially started, but we're going to be looking for more characters as the rp moves along! Blank character sheets are at the bottom of this post (in spoiler tags), please fill them out if you are interested and post them up in this thread! If you want to play a character outside of the normal summoner/summon mantra, pm me your idea first!

SOULBOUND

One month ago, on December 17th, 2015, an anonymous web blogger uploaded some recent research into some old texts that supposedly detailed some very old magic. It isn't necessarily Black Magic, it's... something else. A number of people saw this material as it was uploaded, and of the people who saw it, a few decided that it was more interesting than just a fun thing to read about. But the very next link they clicked took them to a 404 page. The site was only up for a split-second after the research was posted, and nobody knows why. People only ever saw the front page, and the very first of the uploaded images and research, and after they accessed it for those few seconds, all they could ever get was a cached copy of the page, with limited information.

The majority of web browsers who saw it ignored it, and went on with their other web-browsing activities, never thinking anything more of it. But a few of us decided to look into it further. What we had found was that this ancient magic was a form of summoning. Summoning angels and demons, and not stopping their. It presents a completely unbreakable binding on the summoned angel or demon... if of course you have all of your runes and circles drawn properly. The more powerful the summon, the more advanced runes and circles and writing you need to know. The problem is, most of us only know the very basics. We can only summon things that are only slightly more powerful than we are.

But others are bound to come around. Wherever this much power lies, others are bound to use it selfishly. Some may even use them to bring harm to others. Who will stop them? That's where you come in...

Some Basic Info

So basically, the main characters have learned how to use this magic, at least in its most basic forms. They can summon angels and demons from another plane of existence to do their bidding. The spell they place on them is permanent, though it may require some form of tribute. Don't let the time-frame throw you off too much. The characters we make will just be starting out at this whole summoning business. Our opening scenes will include our first summons, and maybe even start out a little before that.

What we are able to summon are going to be fairly weak. That does not mean that they were once incredibly strong and/or important but miraculously had their power drained once they got summoned, it means that they were weak on the other side, and will be weak when summoned in comparison to other angels and demons. This is what happened last time I tried this and it's just not what I want to happen.

As to what these angels and demons look like... They will appear mostly human, with a pair of wings, a halo, horns, tail, etc. At least the ones that become important characters will be. There are some more fearsome looking angels and demons out there, but we're ignoring that for now. That means: no oddly colored skin, no glowing eyes, no spikes all over their bodies or herculean muscles. They also shouldn't be bearing heavy armor of any kind.
Here's What I'm Going For

The plotline will be pretty freeform. I won't limit it too much but I will develop a general idea of where it should be going. I am looking for a finite number of players, no more than two or three human summoners to start, preferably at least one male, and one female. And no more than two to five angels/demons to start, all in addition to my own characters. The plot, while I do have a general direction, I want to be more open and inclusive of the players' ideas. I want all of us to build the story together.

So where does the smut go?

The smut comes in quite smoothly. It's a part of the whole summoning and binding process. While the ancient magic had many methods of binding a demon or an angel, unfortunately the only way the players are aware of is by consecrating the bind with sexual interaction. The more powerful the summon, the more of a bang the sex needs to have, while the lesser ones... the ones we start out using, will require no more than a grope or a kiss.

The smut also comes in considering the nature of the magic itself. The variation the players will know will be sexually based. The writers of this magic believed that a sexual or romantic bond was the strongest type, and so that's what they went with. This means that, once summoned, and whether they like it or not, the summoned subjects will feel a growing sexual attraction to their summoner, and possibly even a romantic attraction. It also wouldn't be totally strange to think that some summoners may want to use their summons for sex, and after all, they are bound to obey so who better?

Thus brings in the dom/sub element. The summoned angels and demons are bound by the magic so tightly that most of them are incapable of disobeying. Their bodies will magically act against their will if they do. The binds cause physical pain to the ones strong enough to resist. To clarify, the summoned angels and demons may or may not be willing. They don't automatically develop a liking to their new master, that takes time and such.

More on The Smutty Part of Summoning and Further Details About the Summoning Process

All binding spells use a series of symbols and a large circle (similar to alchemy in Fullmetal Alchemist). The circle is often two circles, forming a ring, and the symbols are painted in the band, between the lines of the ring. There's actually two different languages of summoning magic: one summons only angels while the other only summons demons (and you guessed it, later on, new languages and supernatural creatures may also become a thing). The traditional symbols like crosses and pentagrams aren't used in this form of magic, but a central symbol always appears in the summoning circles.

Summoning an angel or a demon also requires some kind of physical object. For an angel, a feather dipped in holy water is used, while for demons, any gold objects dipped in blood. Once bound, this object acts as a sort of... phylactery. It becomes nearly indestructible, and also cannot simply be lost. If a summoner misplaces or drops it, or if it is stolen, then it will magically appear in their pocket, or in their room... somewhere where they will find it quickly. They can however give it away, trading the summon, or destroy it themselves (and only they or a very powerful being can do so), thus freeing the summon from their bind.

Once summoned, the angel or demon, unless it is of level 5, will assume a mortal body. Depending on their power level, this body can be just as frail as a human's. Once their body dies, they return to the celestial planes, and are freed from the binding. When summoned, they will appear in the summoning circle. Angels always appear from a flash of light coming from the center, and demons always appear from a fiery explosion (one that, magically, does not catch anything on fire, but can leave some ashes to clean up).

The way the magic works, the binding is not fully completed until a specific sexual or romantic action takes place. All angels work the same way, and all demons work the same way. Until the action is performed to completion, the summon will not be fully bound, and the more temporary binding will wear off naturally in about three hours. In other words, once summoned, a summoner will have three hours to fulfill this specific sexual action on their summon, or they will become fully free.

For a demon, the actions are as follows:
Level 1 - A plain kiss to the summon's genitals.
Level 2 - A single but thorough lick of the summon's pussy, or a single good suck down to the base of their cock.
Level 3 - Oral sex to the summon, and the summoner must consume some of their cum.
Level 4 - Vaginal or anal sex with the summon until they reach an orgasm. Don't forget that summons at this level can change their bodies to work with this.
Level 5 - Irrelevant. The sexual binding does not work at level 5.

For an angel, the actions are:
Level 1 - A simple kiss to the lips, tongue not necessary.
Level 2 - A make out session at least fifteen seconds long.
Level 3 - One way or another, the summoner must cause their summon to reach an orgasm.
Level 4 - Vaginal or anal sex until both the summoner and summon reach an orgasm. Don't forget that summons at this level can change their bodies to work with this.
Level 5 - Irrelevant. The sexual binding does not work at level 5.

After that, the mind-bending magic starts to work. The summon will, often slowly, develop feelings and desires for the summon. Some try to fight it, but all ultimately succumb if they stay bound long enough.

Definitive Power Limitations

Since I am weary of overpowered angel and demon characters, I am putting forth a "level" system. This is not a stats system it is simply a guide to how powerful these things should be. At the start of the rp, we should all only be using, you guessed it, level 1.

Level System
Level 1: At most, they should be as powerful as three strong men. Their reflexes however, even at level one, are phenomenal compared to humans, with some of the less skilled ones matching Bruce Lee's speed. They of course, can fly. They posses some divine or unholy magic capabilities. Angels may be able to heal wounds and use light as a weapon, while demons may breathe fire. All angels and demons are capable of short-range telepathy and mind-reading with humans, but cannot read the minds of other supernaturals. All angels and demons can also teleport to any place they can physically see. Level 1 summons cannot alter their form beyond changing their hair and eye color. When bound, level 1 angels and demons assume a mortal body that has all of the same weaknesses as a human's. They can die, but when they do, their soul is freed from the binding. In fact, death is usually the only way for them to be freed outside of their master freeing them.

Level 2: Level 2 angels and demons can be twice as powerful and just as fast as level 1. They can also alter their skin color, and alter their physical shape slightly to appear taller or shorter, or to have extremely long, short, large, or small body parts. They have the ability to control the minds of animals. Angels can form physical objects made of light no larger than a sword and/or shield that last as long as they focus on them. Demons can access void magics, which allow them to create matter from a finite pool of energy. When bound, level 2 angels and demons assume a mortal body that has all of the same weaknesses as a human's. They can die, but when they do, their soul is freed from the binding.

Level 3: Twice as powerful and twice as fast, level 3 summons are when they start to get really powerful. Physical objects made of light summoned by angels can last up to 48 hours without the caster's concentration, and they can revive nearly dead victims from both physical and mental wounds. Demons start getting access to dark magics, allowing them to counter powerful light weapons and attacks. Level 3 summons can alter their forms significantly, but cannot grow more than twice a human's size. While they are bound to a mortal form, their mortal form cannot as easily die. It can live on without food, water, or oxygen for extended periods of time, and can even revive itself if its heart or brain or other vital organs stop working. The body must be physically destroyed to be killed.

Level 4: Level 4 angels and demons are extremely powerful, nearly twice as strong and just as fast as level 3's. They are not affected by the forceful binding magic that normally keeps a summon behaving, but can still be broken mentally over time. Angels of this level can bring the souls of the dead back to their bodies, and can have their light objects last indefinitely. Demons gain necromancy magic, and are capable of raising the lifeless corpses of mortals to do their bidding. They can alter their forms significantly, growing up to the size of a two story house, and some even larger. Their mortal bodies are hardly mortal, and even when decimated can reform.

Level 5: Seraphim and Archdemons populate level 5. Even with powerful binding magic, they only remain under the summoner's control for a few minutes before breaking free through their force of will. Their power and speed are incalculable, and they seem to have an endless repertoire of magical abilities. They do not even assume a mortal form when bound.

Finally! Character Sheets

You are allowed multiple characters, but only one human. All pairings (summoned to summoner) will be discussed and decided upon ooc. Open slots are open on the condition that you are, A, approved by the GM, Panthean, and B, have a summon (if you're a summoner), or a summoner (if you're a summon) who will take you as a partner!

Human Summoner

Name: (realistic names, please)
Sex: (male, female, transgender... only real-world genders/sexes, please)
Background: (The more the better. I like characters who are actually characters. Also feel free to give some insight into their personality here.)
Appearance: (pictures would be best, but don't be afraid to use your writing skills to tell us what they look like)
Binds: (the angels and demons bound to him/her. This will likely be filled in later)

Angels/Demons

Name: (go nuts, as long as we can pronounce it, and no fancy titles!)
Sex: (whatever you can imagine is possible here)
Apparent Age: (actual age is irrelevant with angels and demons, still should be 16-40)
Personality: (no background details, this information will be mostly irrelevant anyways, and if it comes up at all, it will be revealed slowly and will have little bearing on the rp)
Appearance: (pictures would be best, but don't be afraid to use your writing skills to tell us what they look like)
Summoner: (the one who summoned you, will likely not be filled in till we have some characters to start with)

LINKS!
OOC Thread (Includes more detailed information, character lists, and more!
IC Threads:
Chapter 1: Bound to Serve

Lynnette

Interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on this and see if more people pop up. If I so decide to join, it'll probably be a female demon.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Moon Hound Hati

Also keeping an eye on this. Question though, would this be alright for a male demon's appearance?
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Panthean

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on September 24, 2014, 11:18:56 AM
Also keeping an eye on this. Question though, would this be alright for a male demon's appearance?

Yes, that's good.

Panthean

Gonna throw up my own characters. While there will be plenty of room for minor characters and NPC's, I'll have a set of characters just like everybody else. As well, other players can use NPC's as needed.

Name: Alex
Sex: Female
Background: Initially Alex didn't buy into the summoning magic. She saved some images of the cached web page, and stored them on her hard drive as something to repost and ask around about later. At the most, she thought of it nothing more than a creepy pasta story to be written later. When she shared with one of her friends online however, they encouraged her to try it. It could be fun, after all. She's in her last year of high school, with a birthday a couple months off. She has a fairly decent social life, some good friends, and pretty much average parents. Her rp will start with her first summoning. Her parents will be out of the house for an anniversary dinner, and will have left her alone while they're gone.
Appearance: Originally I was thinking something kind of tomboyish, but I got sidetracked and really attached to headphones for some reason, so I turned to this. I'm also a fan of hoodies so just picture that with a white hoodie.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Binds:

Name: Arkael
Sex: Male
Apparent Age: 20-22
Personality: Protective, peacekeeper. He is a warrior despite not being very powerful.
Fun Level: Boring. He doesn't really indulge himself in entertainment, and is very goal-oriented.
Appearance: See picture. His sword was brought with him from the celestial plane and has no special powers other than being made out of a metal non-existent on earth. He has illusory magic to hide his angelic traits.

Summoner:

Name: Dicidra
Sex: Shemale/Futa (Female body with male genitalia)
Apparent Age: 16-17
Personality: Troublemaker, temptress. She is effectively a woman besides her reproductive organs. This may or may not be normal on the celestial planes, and so she may react negatively to being turned down based on this fact. She has no real place in combat.
Fun Level: Excitingly foolish. She'll often pull pranks and use minor prestidigitation magic to play with others.
Appearance: See picture. She will be summoned as is, but afterwards may dress more appropriately. She has illusory magic to hide her demonic traits, and quite often changes the color of her eyes and hair.

Summoner:

TheHangedOne

I might be interested... either a male demon, or a male summoner. I'm going to wait and see what other people decide to have as characters, before I make my decision.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Panthean

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 24, 2014, 03:13:46 PM
I might be interested... either a male demon, or a male summoner. I'm going to wait and see what other people decide to have as characters, before I make my decision.

To everyone. Multiple characters encouraged. Just one summoner.

Idlewyld

Name:  Maeve Harrison
Sex: F

Binds: None Yet

Background: As her father died when she was three, Maeve lived for years alone with her mother for most of her  life. She always followed the rules. She always made do with what little she had. She always helped at the diner, waiting tables, balancing the books, and whatever else she had to do so that she and her mother could eke off some sort of living. She never stood out, never excelled at anything, never had any close friends - she just did her best and hoped it was enough.

But on December 17th, Maeve was looking through the internet, regretting all the things she could not afford to buy her mother for Christmas yet again, when she stumbled across the site. She managed to save what she could of the rituals, somewhat skeptical but not really in a position to refuse this kind of chance. And although she doesn't realize it, now at a point where her life is going to change drastically - perhaps for the better or perhaps for the worse.

Maeve tends to be quiet and passive as most people don't pay a lot of attention to her. She has just learned the power of summoning and doesn't really have an understanding to what it means yet.

Description: Maeve is twenty-five years old. She has brown hair which she wears up and brown eyes. She stands five foot seen and weighs 120 pounds. She has a moderate frame.

Divine Tenacity

Hmm... it could be fun... if I played a male angel or my female demon OC.

Or a male or female summoner...

Decisions, decisions...
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Idlewyld

Let me see if I can think up an angel or a devil over the next couple of days

Xurtan

Potentially interested in playing a male demon.. going to keep an eye on this, see where it goes.

Interdiction of words

I am thinking about a male angel but I am unsure at this moment
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Panthean

There's a lot of people who say they're interested, but very few characters. A reminder that I will only accept so many at the start of the game. So this is a list of the character slots available. Idlewyld was approved via pm before this ad went out. I have one other friend who is interested in joining. One of those remaining summoner slots must go to a male character, and I do not know yet what my friend plans to fill. List will be copied and updated to the OP.

Slots to fill:

Human Summoners:
Slot 1 - Alex (Panthean)
Slot 2 - Maeve Harrison (Idlewyld)
Slot 3 - Empty (must be male!)
Slot 4 - Empty (reserved for a friend)

Summons:
Slot 1 - Arkael (Panthean)
Slot 2 - Dicidra (Panthean)
Slot 3 - Empty
Slot 4 - Empty
Slot 5 - Empty
Slot 6 - Empty
Slot 7 - Empty (reserved for a friend)

TheHangedOne

So, are there going to be some summoners with multiples?  Seems a bit uneven. As is, one person would be stuck with one summon, while everybody else could have 2... assuming someone doesn't have 3 or 4.
Check out my poet tree!

Panthean

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 24, 2014, 11:02:57 PM
So, are there going to be some summoners with multiples?  Seems a bit uneven. As is, one person would be stuck with one summon, while everybody else could have 2... assuming someone doesn't have 3 or 4.

Summoners can take on as many as they think they can handle and also as many as they want to have for their character's story. This can be a lot or a little, but the game is set up so that summons outnumber summoners, and summoners can take on more than one, even at the very start. As far as connecting summons and summoners, that will be up to the players. They'll have to match up with each other there.

So say someone wants to pair up with my demon character. They can either ask here, or in pm, and based on what character they have as a summon, and whether or not I want to rp with them, I will agree or disagree.

At any rate, all summoners will need at least one summon to start, and all summons should be bound to a summoner, otherwise they have no reason to be on Earth. The rp will be ready to start when we have at least three summoner slots filled who all have at least one summon.

Divine Tenacity

Hmmm.... this all seems rather confusing.

Great concept, but confusing as hell.

I think I'm going to pull out. Enjoy all!
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Interdiction of words

Name: Elrath Zealmor
Apparent Age: 22
Personality: Somme, straight forward, blunt, and one that will make sure that those will know the truth regardless if the truth hurts. Something broke long ago inside of him but he doesn't want to let that show as a weakness in his life. It was something close to him but now is beyond the veil of life and death
Appearance:
Summoner: Doesn't have one yet
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

TheHangedOne

Name: Ahriman
Sex: Male, top to bottom
Apparent Age: Mid 30's
Personality: Wise, quiet, deceptive.  Patient, methodical. Some times plays the role of fool.
Appearance
Summoner: Unattached
Check out my poet tree!

Izaya Orihara

Sorry about making a character that was a tad too powerful before, since I was unsure what exactly you were looking for in that regard. I wasn't expecting that you'd lock the thread, though.

Name: Salathiel
Apparent Age: 18
Personality: Salathiel is highly intelligent, perceptive and strategic, though he is in some ways naive, also being arrogant, ruthless and prideful, charismatic and perhaps somewhat dramatic at times, though when brought into unexpected situations, can be caught heavily off guard, which may link into how he is unused to dealing with humans, and especially women.
Appearance:
Summoner:

Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Panthean

Quote from: Interdiction of words on September 24, 2014, 11:44:12 PM
Name: Elrath Zealmor
Apparent Age: 22
Personality: Somme, straight forward, blunt, and one that will make sure that those will know the truth regardless if the truth hurts. Something broke long ago inside of him but he doesn't want to let that show as a weakness in his life. 
Appearance:
Summoner: Doesn't have one yet

Mind finding a different reference? I was actually planning on using that pic for an NPC later on >.> Also, it's a bit dark and mysterious. The point of the character reference is to see what they look like... like... their face and body, and this reveals none of that.

I'm a bit cautious about what you have in mind for the thing that "broke inside of him."

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 25, 2014, 12:01:59 AM
Name: Ahriman
Sex: Male, top to bottom
Apparent Age: Mid 30's
Personality: Wise, quiet, deceptive.  Patient, methodical. Some times plays the role of fool.
Appearance
Summoner: Unattached

I'm not sure about your reference simply because it's labeled "king."

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on September 25, 2014, 03:49:56 AM
Sorry about making a character that was a tad too powerful before, since I was unsure what exactly you were looking for in that regard. I wasn't expecting that you'd lock the thread, though.

Name: Salathiel
Apparent Age: 18
Personality: Salathiel is highly intelligent and a skilled strategist, though due to his lack of experience in the mortal world, he is in some ways naive. He possesses some arrogance and pride, though he tries to not let that be something that can bring him into difficult situations, knowing what pride did to Lucifer.  He tends to be quite good at figuring out how other people's minds work, as long as they behave in a manner he can recognise. He can be charismatic and perhaps somewhat dramatic at times, though when brought into unexpected situations, can be caught heavily off guard. Naturally, he is unused to dealing with humans, and especially women. Of course, there are also some other elements to his personality.
Appearance:
Summoner:

I like that you went through the trouble of finding a lot of good pictures. Intelligence is fine, but saying he's a skilled strategist starts to draw on some character history that I want to avoid, and it also implies some kind of inherent bonus against others, which I want to avoid.

In fact, if you could just trim down the personality to one line, it's meant to just give some quick insight into how they might behave in-game, I'm not looking to understand their whole psyche.

And to everyone. Thank you for putting up some characters, but this whole thing is meant to be a little less on the serious side of things. Maybe one main character who's always serious would be fine, but throw in some comedy. Also remember that these characters are going to be submissive to a human, so maybe cut down on how intimidating they are, both physically, and intellectually, but more-so intellectually. The angels and demons aren't going to play the roles of strategists or leaders. They're going to be the flawed, strong & fast but otherwise lacking, soldiers and pets of the human summoners that bind them. This is especially true of the level 1 summons, which is what you guys should be making (not that you haven't, just keep that in mind when it comes to using abilities in-game).

Not accepting any of these until, at the very least, I hear back from you regarding my comments.

Lynnette

Guess I should get my shit together and type my own character up soon then.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Izaya Orihara

Nipped the bit off about him being a strategist. Oh, and the flawed, strong and fast thing is okay I guess, but my characters mostly tend to focus more on the speed and intelligence bit, with perhaps a disadvantage instead, in strength. Not sure if that's okay with you, but there it is. 
Also, I'm not that good at shortening things, unfortunately, so I'm not sure how to condense the personality down much more than that.

Just on an unrelated note, TheHangedMan's character name, Ahriman, is a reference to the destructive spirit of absolute evil/chaos/badness/darkness in Persian/Zoroastrian dualistic mythology, also known as Angra Mainyu, who opposes the being of Truth, Light, Goodness and all that, named Ahura Mazda. Essentially Ahriman is the Persian predecessor to Satan, except without the fall from heaven bit. Just so you know.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Panthean

I don't mind the name if it is just the name. The strength weakness could work, but avoid anything mastermind-like.

TheHangedOne

For me, it's just a name. If anything, it clues people into the fact that he's a liar, and has dreams (gasp) of being greater than he is.  As for the picture, it's from the Favole tarot deck.
Check out my poet tree!

Interdiction of words