Elf Quest RP Request

Started by Rukio, February 27, 2011, 01:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kckolbe

Yes we are, and that evens out the genders
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

JinZah

Ok then, a few questions. Are we going have anyone who's a healer, glider, or shaper (wood, bone, stone, ect.)? Also, is it just Wolf Riders, or could we play elves from another tribe?

TheMuseErato

Oou, having a variation of different elves could be fun. And seeing old magic flow through the tribe(s) could be very interesting
Flattery is the poison assassins use to weaken and lower their victim's defenses.

kckolbe

I do still plan on having a magic user, comparable to Strongbow, though slightly more refined
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Sabriel

Hello all

I am very interested in this, Kckolbe told me about it and introduced me to the series which I have been reading with a lot of amusement.  It is quite familiar to me as a lot of the themes and the elves themselves are quite bit like things from other fantasy settings I like.  I don't know why but the art style always reminds me of Dragonlance for some reason which is not at all a bad thing.

So id be quite intrigued and happy to be a part of this as an original character :) I think id be more interested in playing a different sort of Elf rather than one of the wolf riders but I could easily just play one of them if it made more sense and worked better.  Id be sorely tempted to play a preserver just because I adore Petalwing and how she is often so overlooked and ignored.

Embiechan

Elfquest!! OMG! ^.^

Sorry, that was horribly fangirl of me - but I have been a fan of this series since the womb.. not kidding. I'm named after one of the cannon characters. My SN might give away which one O.O

If you are accepting, I would be thrilled to play a female healer or shaper, in that order of preference. Here is a rough outline for her. I left the personality and history blank so I can get some feedback and possibly some background connections to help her flow into the setting a little better. Both sections will get updated in the near future - assuming you are accepting more players.

Name:  Dove
Soul name: Aul
Tribal position:  Healer, ranged in combat situations.

History:

Personality:

Wolf Friend
Name: Fiendhowl
Appearance:
He is an adolescent black wolf with a snowcloud grey face and underbelly. The same pale color adorns the tip of his tale. At rest, he appears almost regal with a hawklike focus. He has unmatched speed in short bursts, though his speed will decrease on longer runs to just below average. When the hunt is on, his face turns viscious and unrelenting. His eyes are always the color of egg-yolks.

TheMuseErato

I think I'm gonna tweak Trueshot around if that's alright with Rukio and make her chieftess of one tribe that merges with his, assuming that everyone else is alright with this idea as well. And then make a couple more characters to play in both tribes. And ooou! I like the idea of a preserver like Petalwing ^^;
Flattery is the poison assassins use to weaken and lower their victim's defenses.

Embiechan

Merging two tribes could work well. I have no preference which chief I am under as long as it is cohesive for the tribes. My thought would be one wolf-friend tribe, and the other a variant - perhaps even more woodland go-backs with deer or something? I'll be keeping a wolf for Dove, as the wolf's violent nature is a fantastic contrast to her more gentle and caring nature.

Also, to what extent can I have knowledge of healing magic? skin-shaping and turning heal to harm could be awesome!

TheMuseErato

I'd love to have Dove as my tribe's healer and like the idea of perhaps Trueshot being a descendant of Ember, which would account for why perhaps there are a few non-wolf riders in her splinter group.
I personally say go for creativity with Dove's healing abiilties but this isn't my roleplay group so Rukio does have the final say.

bubby

*Lifts hand* I want to play a 'new' Winnowill! I have such wonderful ideas!

kckolbe

Quote from: Embiechan on March 20, 2011, 12:11:32 PM
Merging two tribes could work well. I have no preference which chief I am under as long as it is cohesive for the tribes. My thought would be one wolf-friend tribe, and the other a variant - perhaps even more woodland go-backs with deer or something? I'll be keeping a wolf for Dove, as the wolf's violent nature is a fantastic contrast to her more gentle and caring nature.

Also, to what extent can I have knowledge of healing magic? skin-shaping and turning heal to harm could be awesome!

Welcome Embiechan, and Dove is adorable.  I wants me some Dovetail (sorry, bad pun).  As for the healing/harming, I think that if you do go that route, you'd be weaker.  Remember how Leetah was stronger than Winnowill, my guess is that is why.  I'm still leaning to a sender type (though possibly a glider), unsure which to descend from.  Go-Backs and Gliders are kinda rare. 

Intro Thread

JinZah

It's looking like i may have to go without an image of my character for now, can't find anything i like. all the really good art for elves tend to be female.

The idea I'm working on right now is for a Planes Runner, who can stone shape, though i may change it to plant shaping...

kckolbe

Intro Thread

TheMuseErato

There were no plains dwelling elves in the series, and Rukio, it'd be nice if you'd show some interest in your thread since some of us are actually interested and excited about this roleplay.

Embiechan

Quote from: kckolbe on March 20, 2011, 09:59:46 PM
Welcome Embiechan, and Dove is adorable.  I wants me some Dovetail (sorry, bad pun).  As for the healing/harming, I think that if you do go that route, you'd be weaker.  Remember how Leetah was stronger than Winnowill, my guess is that is why.  I'm still leaning to a sender type (though possibly a glider), unsure which to descend from.  Go-Backs and Gliders are kinda rare.

I had an inspiration, and your feedback helped. She will mostly likely be strictly a healer, but if the scene arrives that she is threatened and in close quarters, she might channel her anger and fear over her happy healing vibes and end up hurting the aggressor - hinting her to the fact her gift can be a weapon.. and allow exploration in character from there.

On the Rukio idea... PM him? IF he doesn't respond after a good amount of time - then we always leave him an invitation and apply our characters to our own game? I hope that isn't E Faux-pas but since we all have the interest and it's not a game world he solely created.. then why would it be an issue?

I'm going to spread the word to a couple of of my writing partners to see if they would be interested in the sandbox.

kckolbe

Sounds good Embiechan, and I'm glad to help.  Rukio has been silent for a while, and I haven't seen him on YIM either.  He may have simply lost access rather than interest.  I am glad to see some people here are interested in playing even if he doesn't stay with us, though I think we need some more males if we do.

Intro Thread

bubby

I haven't heard from Rukio either, and he was game on me playing Winnowill. The idea was to have her spirit take over a human, and rule the humans that way. Let me know if the game goes forth?

Embiechan

Let's do a tally then and see who and what we have? Actual character forms I have seen are three, 2 fem and 1 male - the one male being Rukio. If we honestly have 4 or more PC's ready to jump in I'd think we can start a small group game. The genders don't have to be perfectly even, as long as everyone has a pairing (which is flexible given the sexuality in the world of two moons) that they are hay with - but close numbers would be best.

The winnowell idea is a mixed bag for me. She is a powerful spirit and could easily be our antagonist, but actively having player vs player sides can be fabulous or horrible. Assuming we could keep it balanced, and you may possibly want to take a minor secondary character for the times where the tribe and the villian are not in direct conflict might be a good idea. A story of all fighting is tedious, IMO

Sabriel

Hello I would still be interested but I also don't like the Winnowill idea, as much as I like the character and her type. I agree with what Embiechan said and often find that this sort of thing can too often sour, spoil or unbalance a game/story so id probably only join in if that was not going to be a concern. I am not really a big fan of player vs player in this type of roleplay either as that tends to go the same way so Id rather just avoid it in any form.  I hope it works out well however if you go ahead with it that way :) 

I was thinking about the possibilities of doing an Elfquest inspired story in the future perhaps myself probably based in D&D/Pathfinder type setting, a campaign perhaps drawing on common themes and such which id probably enjoy a lot more anyway.

Rukio

GEBLAH!!!!!  :-[

Sorry for the long absence! My computer died on me and I just got another one!!!!!!

Alright. I think I'm up to speed on everything right now. I am still accepting characters. I'm also kind of looking for human characters for some conflict and some potential NC ideas for prisoners. Character sheet should be set up similarly for both humans and elves. Just no soul name or special powers and such.

I'm sure we can tweak something for Winnowill to make it acceptable for all, but I kinda liked the idea of having her still being a pain in the ass.(Pun intended)  ::) I was going on the idea that Reyek had taken her spirit into his own body when she died and she finally gained some control. But the whole thing is still open for debate.

As for characters. I have 1 male(Me) and 2 female down so far. I'd like to see more before I get started with anything more final though.

kckolbe

We still don't have a real setting do we, such as what tribes are represented?

Intro Thread

Rukio

I'm still working on that.  ::) Definitely Duskblade's tribe, but if Muse is still wanting to have Trueshot be the chieftess of another tribe, I'm game for that idea. It would make for even more fun in the story.

Embiechan

Welcome back Rukio!! Good to see you back

As for setting, I thought it was a woodlands style holt of one of the two tribes - and the other tribe met up and they start to merge. Why the other group showed up is still up for talk. I would think that the "home team" would be mostly if not all wolfrider. The incoming tribe could easily be a mix of stragglers who banded together for mutual survival.

That's my take on it at least.

Rukio

Actually, why wouldn't it make sense to have the second tribe be a mix. Airoree was a glider, but she joined the Wolfriders. So did several others. I think I mentioned Skot and Krim earlier in the thread.(Is still kinda fanboy over Skot's death)
I was aiming to have Duskblade's tribe being strictly Wolfriders, but I am starting to like the idea of having Birdriders too and maybe some others. I also seem to remember Tier being a loner Plains dwelling elf. The one who joined Ember's tribe. The one with the animal bond powers.

Embiechan

Based on the EQ Who's Who... Tier was a plains-living but solitary elf that is suspected to be a go-back descendant. All unconfirmed. So, yes lol

We could see what characters people want to play and shape a backstory and world setting from there? I hope I am being helpful.