[VAN] A new idea I have: pokemon RP!

Started by Cecily, October 04, 2008, 12:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecily

Hi, I'm new here, and I figured that it is finally time for me to actually make a post here and get something started! I'm pretty shy, so even making this topic gave me a bit of anxiety. :P

So, I've been addicted to pokemon since it first appeared, and I've always thought it would be fun to do a roleplay in the pokemon universe! In my experience, I've noticed that most pokemon RP's seemed to actually have some sort of bestiality or furry-stuff in them (actually using the pokemon in a sexual manner), which is something I am not interested in.

I'd like that whoever I did this with to be at least a little familiar with pokemon -- you don't have to be an expert or anything, but if you're a big pokemon-nerd like me, then that's great! :D I'm not sure what 'region' this will take place in, but I'd prefer one of the newer ones, but I'm not extremely picky with that.

I know that usually people post a scenario that's pretty much completely fleshed out, but since I'm not super picky about the specifics in this, I'm not really going to bother with it! I'd rather just flesh it out with someone else, that seems more fun to me.

But the basis of the story is that there would be a young pokemon trainer who would be about sixteen to eighteen years old, and she will eventually end up adventuring and traveling with an older male character (I don't really care how much older he is as long as it's older). He could be an ex-gym leader, a new pokemon trainer, a more experienced one, or something else.

I imagine that my character's personality would be quite stubborn, fun-loving, adventurous, and maybe a little rebellious! I'm pretty flexible on this. ^_^

I thought it would be fun if the two adventurers were siblings (Mainly because I used to watch the pokemon television show, and I thought it be very cute if the two characters would fight, argue, and tease each other a lot just like Ash and Misty did, and if they were siblings it would just add to that, I think. I hope that made sense!). I'm not saying that's a requirement, but it could be fun.

My on and offs thread is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21694.0 If you have any questions about it or this story idea feel free to send me a PM!

Anyway, I'm rambling a bit. I guess if someone is interested in this idea they could PM me with their own ideas / thoughts. I'd like this to not be a very sexual roleplay, but I wouldn't mind if a relationship bloomed later in the story, as long as it seems 'natural' and isn't rushed. I'm doing this for fun, not for sexual reasons. :3 I sort of am picky with people that I RP with even if I'm new to forum roleplay -- I'm not a grammar nazi or anything, but proper spelling and grammar is very nice, as well as being descriptive!

Thanks for reading. :)