Interest Check - "Once Upon a Time" group story (Always recruiting!)

Started by Aislinn, February 20, 2016, 11:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aislinn

Quote from: Rel Mayer on March 25, 2016, 02:06:59 PM
I'm thinking I'd like to play an OC version of Jasmine, if that's alright. :)

Sounds good!

Quote from: VonDoom on March 25, 2016, 05:12:47 PM
We're probably more in need of non-antagonists right now, looking at the list ...  :-\

While that is preferable, I can always balance non-antagonist npcs against pc characters. I don't want writers to agree to write something that isn't what they want just to balance things. =-)

I will be around tonight working on the opening post but I will be gone all day tomorrow at an event. Pm's probably won't be returned until Sunday.
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Kokaine

I am interested in doing an aged up version of Hansel and Gretal as witch hunters or something of the sort. Might anyone be interested in playing Hansel?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Tokyorose627

Hi! This sounds interesting! What characters are we allowed to play by chance? Anyone, or can we make OCs?

Aislinn

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on March 25, 2016, 08:50:38 PM
Hi! This sounds interesting! What characters are we allowed to play by chance? Anyone, or can we make OCs?

Any Disney characters are open....as well as anything that could be relevant to fairy tales or legends. =-)
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

In case you guys are interested....

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=246429.0

Starting work on building the cast directory!

Just for clarification - I'm starting with pictures of non-enchanted forest identities. The exception will be Regina because she cast the curse so we know who she is. If you don't like the picture that is on your profile, please send me the picture you would like me to put up. Once identities are revealed, I can add enchanted forest pictures to your profiles.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Flower

Looks nifty! And is also incredibly helpful to have them all in one place.

Kokaine

Dropping this here to see if I can lure in a Hansel...

Character Name: Marlene "Marlie" Jäger | Gretel (from several versions of Hansel and Gretel)

Cannon or Off-Script: Off-Script

Job in Storybrooke: Licensed PI and one half of the owner/operator duo behind The Sweet Shoppe--the local pub named so because it was actually a sweet shop at one point.

Character Concept: The hard nosed and gritty PI of Storybrooke isn't known for her trusting or overly sentimental ways. Having grown up (or at least believing this to be the case) with only her twin by her side, Marlie views the world through a cynic's lens and has little faith in the concept of good (especially where its supposed to triumph over evil). Considering what she suffered at the hands of her step-mother, the concept of justice is even more laughable to her and she's been suspected of (and in a couple case caught) dispensing her own brand of justice to those she thinks deserves such things. Still, Marlie has friends in the way most pub owners have friends and is just personable enough that people often inexplicably find themselves confiding in her over a pint but any who try and connect beyond that often find themselves smashing into a brick wall.

Level of Control: I'm open to surprises and twists here and there.

Face Claim: Hayley Atwell
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Emjay

Just wanted to say that I am still here and currently working on my character sheets for Hansel and Mulan.
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Kokaine

My O/Os

Emjay

Quote from: Kokaine on March 26, 2016, 09:34:21 PM
Woot!

^^

Just sent in my charrie sheet for Mulan (was supposed to be going to bed early but oh well). I will have Hansel in tomorrow. Hope everyone is enjoying their Easter weekend (that is if you've got one, if you don't...enjoy your weekend).
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Flower

Ember Star

Quote from: Flower on March 26, 2016, 11:31:55 PM
I finally watched Maleficent and now I want the Raven.
that Raven was probably my favorite character in that film. Loved him.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Aislinn

Quote from: Christa on March 26, 2016, 10:52:30 PM
Are we allowed to post in the OOC as an OOC now?

Give me a few more days to make some additions and such. =-)
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Rel Mayer

Promise that my interest is still here! Working on my Jasmine character sheet today.

Emjay

Ok I officially have both charrie sheets sent in. Excited for the game  ;D
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Rel Mayer

Jasmine
Character Name: Jasmine Misra

Job in Storybrooke: International Market Shop owner

Character Concept: Jasmine will always have a bossy mentality and the feeling that she deserves more. Although she strives for an everyday normal life and the stresses that come with it, which is why she's very happy as a shop owner for an international foods market. The market could also have quick to-go street foods that customers can quickly come in to order--prepared by Jasmine herself! Jasmine is always willing to fight and believe in an underdog. She also believes in luck and being cautionary about what people 'wish' for, because you never know what it could result in. She also hates being lied to and betrayed, and a bit of her prissy attitude will come out. Generally speaking, she prefers to socialize, give back to the community and (sometimes) find herself up to mischief in the grand scheme of things! Although Jasmine can often feel alone, with the absence of Aladdin, Genie, her father or really anyone from her world. But she's a strong woman, and a fighter, who isn't afraid of forming new friendships and relationships.

Level of Control: Gimmie what you got.

Face Claim: Nandana Sen

Right now I wrote that no one from her universe is around, but I can easily change that! I know that Red Lobster was possibly interested in playing someone from her universe, so I'll change it if he does decide to make a character. :)

Let me know if you'd like any changes.

Aislinn

Hey everyone - Due to a family emergency, I need to be away for a few days. I will be able to check in but I don't know how much I will be able to get done.

I just wanted to make sure to check in with you all so you know I've not vanished.

Please try to help people out that have questions and if I need to address something when I get back, I will. =-)

Thank you for understanding.
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Flower

Hope all goes well!

Also, still looking for some talented writer to take up the role of Maleficent's Raven. PM me for details.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Aislinn on March 28, 2016, 04:21:24 PM
Hey everyone - Due to a family emergency, I need to be away for a few days. I will be able to check in but I don't know how much I will be able to get done.

I just wanted to make sure to check in with you all so you know I've not vanished.

Please try to help people out that have questions and if I need to address something when I get back, I will. =-)

Take care, Aislinn!  I hope everything turns out okay.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Rel Mayer

Ember Star

Quote from: Rel Mayer on March 28, 2016, 03:32:32 PM
Jasmine
Character Name: Jasmine Misra

Job in Storybrooke: International Market Shop owner

Character Concept: Jasmine will always have a bossy mentality and the feeling that she deserves more. Although she strives for an everyday normal life and the stresses that come with it, which is why she's very happy as a shop owner for an international foods market. The market could also have quick to-go street foods that customers can quickly come in to order--prepared by Jasmine herself! Jasmine is always willing to fight and believe in an underdog. She also believes in luck and being cautionary about what people 'wish' for, because you never know what it could result in. She also hates being lied to and betrayed, and a bit of her prissy attitude will come out. Generally speaking, she prefers to socialize, give back to the community and (sometimes) find herself up to mischief in the grand scheme of things! Although Jasmine can often feel alone, with the absence of Aladdin, Genie, her father or really anyone from her world. But she's a strong woman, and a fighter, who isn't afraid of forming new friendships and relationships.

Level of Control: Gimmie what you got.

Face Claim: Nandana Sen

Right now I wrote that no one from her universe is around, but I can easily change that! I know that Red Lobster was possibly interested in playing someone from her universe, so I'll change it if he does decide to make a character. :)

Let me know if you'd like any changes.
well that shouldn't matter too much right now since nobody has their precurse memories. So she wouldn't know if anybody else was around from her story.
Quote from: Aislinn on March 28, 2016, 04:21:24 PM

No worries, hun. Take care, I hope your emergency sorts out okay.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Aislinn

Wow...I go away for a few days and you guys get all quiet. What's up with that?  ;D

I'm essentially back. I'm busy for the next few days with work and work commitments but will be able to finish the OOC and approving the lovely mini-sheets people have sent me. Please remember to send me any feedback you have on your own personal profiles and things.

I hope everyone is doing well!

PS - If anyone enjoys doing banners that can go in signatures, I would love to have one for this group so we can generate more interest?
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Ember Star

Quote from: Aislinn on March 31, 2016, 12:10:39 AM
Wow...I go away for a few days and you guys get all quiet. What's up with that?  ;D

I'm essentially back. I'm busy for the next few days with work and work commitments but will be able to finish the OOC and approving the lovely mini-sheets people have sent me. Please remember to send me any feedback you have on your own personal profiles and things.

PS - If anyone enjoys doing banners that can go in signatures, I would love to have one for this group so we can generate more interest?
I used to do them. But I don't have the right app right now. If you can't find somebody else to do it though, I can dig out the app and throw something together.

Amelita

Quote from: Aislinn on March 31, 2016, 12:10:39 AM

Anything specific you had in mind?

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red