writing a story and need some help.

Started by Thesunmaid, September 18, 2014, 11:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thesunmaid

Hello...Ok this is my situation...I would like to write a solo story...nothing that has any rules about when I update and I am not even sure anyone would read it really. But I would like to know a few things.

First Is there a section I should put it in? ( I am sort of guessing the story telling forum?)I read the story telling rules but I was not sure. I only have a very basic outline of what could happen in the story and I have to plan out a time line..But I am not sure how much adult content there would be.But I would try and tag it and would change the tags if things were to change in the story of course..

I also noticed that it said you should get permission from the person who the character belongs to. Now this story is a sort of memorial to my best friend who passed away a little over a year ago and I want to involve his character and I believe I would have his full permission since he and I built the story and the main story line together But he did play this character for a while before I got involved. He told me he wanted to some day share the story but sadly due to infections and heart failure he passed away a month before his 29th birthday.. I plan on crediting it to him but its a bit difficult to ask. But I think he would be quite happy to know someone might enjoy his creation. Do you think this would be all right?

And there would be no underage characters involved with sex in anyway...although its subjective since the main characters are dragons and..maturity for them is well over the age of 16 lol But yeah they would be adults before they were to get involved in sexy times..for a dragon or a human.

So I would be open to any suggestions..please? I want to make sure I do this right.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Ariel

The sections you can post the story in:
- Non-Adult Storytelling (PG-13 only)
- Storytelling Forum
- Look into joining the Storyteller's Cafe

I believe rule #2 is about sharing the story offsite, when you have a co-author. You need their permission to share the story as much as they would need yours, because you're all entitled to copyrights on that story. As for the character, I believe that so long as you give him credit, it will be okay for you to use it. I think he would like that you want to use his character and it would be a great dedication to him.

Just make sure you tag it accordingly and that it's in the right forum and you should be good to go!
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Thesunmaid

Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving