From the Underdark (a drow tale open for all.)

Started by Gwindolyn, July 02, 2010, 10:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwindolyn

Gwindolyn rises from her throne.  The room is massive and almost organic with the spiders of many varieties that roamed this room.  Her throne itself was a large remake of a spider body with a seat where the upper body and head ought to be.  The backing to her throne is layers of web strung tight. She walks through the room, pacing.  It is not often one could spot the dark beauty so restless.  She was one of regal composure.  She may not be a queen in title, but the way she dealt with life would rival any royalty.  The thin whisps of silk that barely covered her 'modesty parts' as she heard some elf call them.  Of course that elf now resides in the afterworld, but that is another matter.  A cruel smile covers her full, black lips as she recalls how that one left this world.  That was a good.

The two giant spiders that guard the steps to her throne begin to chitter.  She pauses to listen to them.  The spider song being something she knew and could speak before she could even speak drow.  She was ushered into the temples before she could properly speak with such a gift from Lloth.  An intense training that lead to her being one of the youngest matrons ever.  She was matron before she was even a hundred years old (translated to a human life, that would be like a 19 year old ascending the throne).  She hears their advice and nods her head.  She turns to the males lined along the entrance to her throneroom.  She looks at one, the only signal she ever need give that his service is about to be used.
I've become a truck driver.  This means my connection and time are not scheduled.  I cannot guarantee a post every night, and sometimes I can do multiple posts in a single time span.  For those of you who can handle time gaps between posts, I am welcoming new stories.  I want to write in the threads.  I want an audience for my writing and our story.

I am Gwindolyn            
Pressing Gwindolyn's buttons

Drow Denizen

At her slightest nod he steps forward from the row of males without hesitation. His facial features remain unchanged as he precisely walks three steps forward and kneels before Gwindolyn. Internally his mind races, running over the myriad scenarios this selection could mean for him - the whims of a Matron are legendary, anything could happen.
He is clad in exquisite silken robes, black with accents of red. His long white hair reaches his shoulders, hanging slightly infront of his eyes to obscure his view of the flagstone floor as he kneels. With practiced ease known to any drow he consciously steadies his breathing as he awaits her proclamation. 
You might say it's sexist to treat women like objects, so you can ogle their luscious rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but...sorry, I forgot where I was going with that.

Gwindolyn

She shows no outward signs of approval, but there are reasons one is chosen to fill whims over others.  She leaves him kneeling as she walks back up to her throne.  A spider's body and legs.  But where the upperbody and head belong is her seat.  The back of her seat is webbing, layered and tight.  She sits on this throne and spiders crawl onto her body.  She pauses and growls a bit.

Finally, with a deep breath she starts her demand of him.  "There is an elf.  She is bubbly and cheerful, but not stupid.  She is in charge of many other elves.  We need her power for an event I am not ready to reveal at this time.  We cannot capture her.  We must persuade her to come of her own free will.  It will defeat the plan if we have to force her.  Do what you must to entice her presence here."  The very thought of that elf in her home made her skin crawl.  The thought of playing up to an elf in this manner turns her stomach.  But the plot in play suffices to keep her on track.  "you are dismissed.  You will find the map and supplies you need waiting in your room."   She waves a hand to dismiss him from her presence.  She brings out a handful of chaotic energy and hurls it at one of the standing drow males waiting to serve her.  He spasms as the energy rips through him, leaving him only slightly damaged, but in pain.  He manages to stay his feet and not cry out.  He is well trained.  She watches with approval and frustration.
I've become a truck driver.  This means my connection and time are not scheduled.  I cannot guarantee a post every night, and sometimes I can do multiple posts in a single time span.  For those of you who can handle time gaps between posts, I am welcoming new stories.  I want to write in the threads.  I want an audience for my writing and our story.

I am Gwindolyn            

Drow Denizen

"...you are dismissed".

He instantly rises to his feet and turns for the entryway to the throne room, before he has taken two steps the bolt of chaotic whirls past him, impacting the unsuspecting male standing in the row. He allows himself to wrinkle his nose at the spasming male in passing, but does not slow his determined.
Once he swings the door shut behind him he exhales a breath held in since he first entered the throne room.
Turning in the hallway he strides past handmaidens standing guard in the corridors, heading for his small chambers deeper inside the compound. Pondering what the map will tell him, and how it will shape his immediate future he weaves through the spider-web-like mass of corridors, descending several flights of stairs in doing so. Arriving at his chamber door he quietly murmurs the arcane password, the portal swinging open and allowing him entrance.
The notion that the Matron had easily defeated the warded doorway gave him brief pause - an uncomfortable thought, but it was her compound, so he suspected little would hold her back. Still his annoyance at his professional pride being such defeated lingered.
Shrugging it off he turns his attention to the supplies left on his bed, rifling through them - food, a couple of potions, scrolls of sending to convey messages back to the Matron - and of course the map. Picking it up he unfurls it over his table, weighing down each corner before having a closer look at it...
You might say it's sexist to treat women like objects, so you can ogle their luscious rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but...sorry, I forgot where I was going with that.

Gwindolyn

The map details the path out of the underdark and to the surface city.  There is a second map under it that shows the city pathways.  A third map below that with the paths and secrets of the cathedral the elf resides in.  There has been much work done on this plan already.  Also, in the pack is a painting.  A sketch with coloring.  Most notably, the fiery red hair that hangs down the elf to the back of her knees.  Another sketch of her next to a child.  By comparison, one could tell the elf was not tall, was not as thin as most elves.  She looked like she might be half human by these sketches.  Her curls fell to the back of her knees.  The full length gowns, loose but not frumpy, typical of the Elven weaves.  There is a sketching of staves and books and a melee staff.  A small corner holds potions sketched in.  The items the Elf would have available to her.  There is one name etched onto this packet "Freezya".  Not a common name by any means and with hair like that, she should be fairly easy to find.

Included in the pack is a few potions of 'charm'.  These were included for those around the elf.  A small note attached says "Do not be remembered."  This would leave one to think death would be ok as long as it was not a noticable death.

I am Gwindolyn            

Drow Denizen

Grabbing a spare scroll tube from a shelf in his bookshelf he rolls up the maps and stuffs them inside, pausing only with the portrait of the elven woman in hand, looking at it to commit her appearance to memory.
Not a particularly difficult task, with her appearance being as unique as it was, especially to a drow. He stares at the image of her for a while, mulling over her appearance. The contrast between red hair and pale skin is striking; not unlike that between stark white hair and ebon skin. Her dresses were obviously of considerable craft and quality, but they were far more loose and brightly colored than anything a drow would wear. "Freezya" he speaks to himself, testing the name.
After a moment he rolls up the portrait and adds it to the others inside the scroll tube. Moving about his room with effeciency he goes about the task of packing the supplies in his satchel, strapping the two scroll tubes - one with maps and images, one with spell scrolls - to his hip under his cloak along with a small quiver containing bolts sized for a small handcrossbow. The crossbow is hooked to his belt on the opposite hip, barely protruding from under his cloak.
Lastly he produces a small key from a hidden pocket, kneeling down to open a small chest, producing from it a leather pouch. Before pocketing the pouch he pulls open the drawstring inspecting the contents of assorted gemstones and coins within. The coins a varied collection, some minted in the Underdark, others in distant lands on the surface.

With one last glance about his chamber he exits, making his way to secure passage with a merchant caravan.

Dunnuck

"Of course I can craft a weapon." Gabriel remarked at the foolishness of his questioner. "I also do armor; some of the finest." He exagerated. "But do you fight?" His questioner asked. The man scoffed, brushing back his short hair with a cocky motion. He gestured back to his posse, which was composed mostly of stupid yes-men. "He asks if I fight." Gabriel laughed arrogantly. "Tell 'em, Gabe. Tell 'em you fight!" The largest one said with a moronic tone of voice. "Of course I fight." Gabriel responded to the question. "But are you good at it?" The questioner, now challenger, asked. "Why yes. I think I am quite good." The large moronic companion of Gabriel then shouted "He's amazing!". Gabriel flashed a cocky smile, walking behind the counter of his family-owned blacksmith.

It was a tiny shop, no more than a few items out on display at once. It was almost run down, the wood on the counter morphed and discolored. Broadswords, shields, and pieces of armor hung from the wall, none of them looking especially nice. "Well, forgive me for sayin', but by the looks of it, your products are trash! Look at them!" He complained, pointing to the displays. "Those are only out for show." Gabriel commented back. "Yeah, they are only for show!" The moronic lacky repeated. "Shut it, Mankoy." Gabriel ordered. "So why is it you want to fight me?"

"My son said you were disrespectin' the woman thats teachin' him to read!" Gabriel sighed, knowing exactly who the man was referring to. "Rose?" He asked. "Now I don't know this 'Rose', but I know it was you!" He shouted. The woman he was speaking of was an elf with red hair. Gabe called her 'Rose' for obvious reasons.

Gabriel stood at about six foot, with short dirty blond hair and a rough goatee to match. He was human, and disliked Elves for the most part. He wore a simple brown vest, with a dirty white shirt underneath and dirty white pants. He had gained a terrible reputation, his list of misdeeds large. He was also sneaky; selling any information to anyone who would buy.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

There was a peace, a silence, to the blade that befell the throat. There was no scream; though there was the try to do so. The tanned flesh of the middle age human sliced as if the dagger were passing over the skin of an tomato. Blood trickled down the flesh and a scoff filled the air. The voice that came after it was feminine, but deep. An alto tone, smooth and tainted by an accent of a traveler well versed in the world. The Drow woman raised her hood back, eyes of a piercing golden falling over the victim.

"Tis what you receive thief." The price of his crime was death. Whatever made the weathered hume think that a drow was an easy target? Kamaria could not fathom it. She instead shook her head, tendrils of smooth silvery white hair falling around her face, almost a black look in the shade that was provided via the tree's canopy. The forest gave her the shelter she needed for the murder of this criminal, before she would return to the town to take shelter for the night. Coming to a stand, Kamaria wiped the blood off the dagger onto the shirt of the fallen man before tucking it back into the small black sheath against her belt.

Kamaria was an intimidating drow- as most of her breed were. She stood about 5'9, with a lean figure draped in smooth skin that failed to be any darker or lighter than a sacred charcoal gray. A few scars etched themselves across her figure against her left hip, where five claw marks drew themselves against her like slightly uplifted tattoos. Another set of scars included a crossing 'X' scar that knit itself into her skin on her back near her left shoulder. Her skin was cloaked in a hunter green halter-top corset that laced up the front with thin satin laces, and a pair of long black leather breeches that fell over black boots with green cloth over the toe and tied around it in laced fashions, coming up to the shin. Around her wrists were green elven bracers, matching the green lace choker around her throat. Across her chest fell one dark brown strap that leads to a long slender sheath on her back, as well as the ebony shortbow and quiver. At her waist was the belt, with a small faded cream colored pouch at one side and her dagger at her side. Over it all, mostly her back, she had a long hunter green cloak with a dark silvery trim of lace against the bottom and a tie to match in the front before the neck.

Her face was smooth, bearing only a thin scar from two or so inches beneath her left arm down to the middle of her neck; the entirety of it on the left side of her face. Her nose was rather small, her lips full and bow shaped with the upper lip more prominent than the lower. Her eyes were somewhat narrow, but almond shaped with long charcoal lashes encasing eyes like yellow topaz. Her brows were thin and silver, accentuating of her almost always hidden emotions, and all of her features fell on a smooth face that was somewhat long with high cheek bones framed in the thick waves of her shoulder length hair- bearing two pieces (one on each side of her face) that fell down to her chest in length.

Kamaria's fingers ran over the thief and she took his little collection of money before walking off into the town once more...

~XXX~

Within a few moments, the rustle and bustle of town life filled her ears, and she had pulled the hood over her face, trying to hide who and what she was. Though she was not ashamed to be a drow, Kamaria had long broken the ties of being connected to a race. She'd become a traveler, a wanderer for the world to admit to its treasures. But when the humes saw her; those humans trembled or cast the angered glares of prejudice upon her. Kamaria had only learned to brush off their ignorance.

Her eyes scanned the shops nearby, and she drew the small pouch of gold out and shook it once to simply get an idea of how much there was. When that was decided, she slowed and saw a small shop nearby. An armor shop, perhaps.

Kamaria took her chances, for in her mind she knew that she was needing a new sword after her old one had become battered and frail with time.

She pushed open the door with nimble, lithe fingers bearing white nails on the tips, stepping inside. Her heels clicked against the floor and she moved with a slow unease. Her topaz eyes studied the people within, and she simply cleared her throat, reaching up to push her hood back again. The fabric fell behind her head and she pushed her fingers behind her neck, pushing the hair out from within the cloth and letting it fall over the back of the cloak.

"I need a strong blade to replace my weathered one. I am guessing you can help me." She said in her stern, alto tone , her eyes scanning the wall and people inside, before resting on one rather gruff looking human she took to be in charge.
"Adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features."
An Hourglass of Dreams | Ons & Offs

Dunnuck

The father of the son mentioned before scowled at the drow. "Now you gunna let one of dem drows in your shop?" He asked Gabriel. "Yeah, I am going to let 'one of dem drows'. A customer is a customer. Which you, obviously are not. Leave." Gabriel ordered the man, who had earlier hinted at a fight. The man left in a huff, roughly bumping into the drow on his way out. "Hey, Gabriel it's one of dem Drows." The moron said, mirroring what the man Gabe had just kicked out said. "Mankoy..." Gabriel sighed, rubbing his eyebrows with his pointer finger and thumb, lowering his head. His posse held three; Mankoy the moron, Edward the backup, and Laury the silent. Gabriel had no idea why he hung out with these people. They were just evidence of the stoop of a life he lived in. He motioned for them to leave, allowing Gabriel to do business.

Gabriel, standing behind the desk, pulled a sword out from behind the counter, almost with hostility. "You know, serving a Drow here could lose me business. But so could a number of other things I have done." He sat the sword on the table, allowing the woman to observe it. "I have no problem with Drows as many others do. One of my few redeeming qualities." The sword was large and long, shined nicely and expertly crafted. Both sides were sharpened, and the tip was just as sharp. The hand guard curved out, curling into an unnecessary embellishment. The handle was large, yet again holding unneeded designs. The handle was large, and felt odd to the touch. Picking up the sword revealed that the weight was not balanced properly, overall making it a nice shiny sharp sword, but not a Master's sword.

Gabriel smiled as she inspected. "Finely." He said. "Someone who knows their blades." He said, noting the woman's displeasure. "We don't put out the good stuff. The good stuff takes a lot longer to make than these. We don't want it in the hands of ignorant pricks, now do we?" he asked, walking to the back of the store. He took out a ring of keys, heading to a wooden closet. "What kind of sword do you prefer? A thin, agile, one-sided blade? A large, powerful, heavy one? Get the moment going nice with that. Or maybe something a bit more...creative?" He asked, becoming excited. He had multiple designs for weapons, some were complete and some were not. "Hell, I can even get you a custom order if ya want."

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

Her eyes followed the man that called her 'one of dem drows'. She could've snarled at the man, but silence better suited the tension between her eyes and his, until the door closed behind him. Her attention twisted back around to the other, the man in charge. Kamaria walked up to the counter, running her fingers over the blade he'd pulled forth after he had moved away from it. She was glad the human could read the disapproval on her face. This thing was a shiny toy for the dull minded. People easily influenced by beautiful things that looked good. Her fingers traced the edge, and blood was not drawn. A simple line was made on her skin, but only because of the touch. In a few moments her finger looked absolutely normal. The blade was dull. She couldn't pare a peach with a blade like that.

Kamaria turned her head and pushed a lock of silvery white hair behind her ear, folding her arms across her chest and unconsciously letting her hips shift to the right a bit. Her mind had already concocted what blade she desired long ago.

"Not heavy, but not light. Something with weight; I need a sword that with momentum can be fatal. Double edged, preferably with a disarming hook at the blade hilt. But again, that's a preference, and not a demand. I do not need anything fancy, a straight blade. If by preference, one that narrows just barely at the center and tapers out to be wider before sloping into the tip. I favor having a bit more weight near the tip so that it is almost balanced with the hilt."

The drow approached him, but stood back and leaned against the counter, watching his fingers fumble over the keys.

"How long have you been in the business of blacksmithing?"

Dunnuck

He laughed at her question. "Lady, I was basically making weapons out of the womb." He said, riffling through multiple swords, testing their weight. "Truthfully, though, I been doing it since I learned how to use my thumbs. My father is a Master. I took up his art with anticipation; I want to be as good as he, but I doubt I ever can. His works are rare nowadays. He doesn't make weapons anymore, even though he wants to. All he does is practice, so that he never loses his touch. He likes the idea of being that 'fabled blacksmith' that everyone wants a blade from. He thinks most of the people of the world don't deserve his product. And he is damn right." He finally found one partially matching the description of the blade she wanted. It was pretty much the exact description, except the material it was made of. The blade was a very dark blue, made of a rare metal, mixed with other materials that allowed the blade to be sharper and stronger. "Ah this one." He said, handing it to her. The only thing it was missing was the disarming hook. "Made of some of the finest metal around. Strong enough to suffer the bite of a dragon without breaking." The sheathe was of high quality too, the inside made of strong aluminum so that it wouldn't rust. He withdrew the blade and flared it to his side, landing it on it's flat side between his hands, offering it to the drow.

Most of the time the blade looked black, but in a certain light, the blue was visible. "Unlike a lot of the commercial stuff for the idiots that don't know a good blade, this blade looks good and is good. Weighted at the tip, razor sharp not even doing the sharpness justice, and a nice color. Believe it or not, the color was natural. It just came out like that."

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

The blade he brought forth summoned a smile upon Kamaria's lips, as she stepped forward to greet it. The man spoke, and the drow listened, reaching out and lifting the blade with a steady ease. Yes, this was the perfect blade, she thought. Her golden eyes traced the dark steel and she held it for a moment before pushing it into the sheath. She weighted it in both hands and grinned. The drow women turned then to the counter, pulling the cloak off and laying it gently on the countertop, before then unbuckling the sheath. The old sheath and sword fell to the floor as the bow and quiver loosened down into her arm. She undid the old sheath from the belt, and then tied the new one to it, then tied it over her shoulder and slid the bow and quiver back in place. And with the cloak back over her back and tied over her full chest, she was ready to go.

Kamaria tossed the old blade into the bin of scrapped metal and sawdust, and reached to the pouch tied to her waist belt, drawing it up and undoing the thin string with trained fingers.

"How much for this?" She then said smoothly, drawing her eyes up to the man once more. But before he could deem her a price, she found another question. "And... May I have your name, or just remember you as 'Blacksmith'?"

Dunnuck

"I don't think that my name would be a good idea. I have a pretty bad rap around here. You can just call me Blacksmith for now." He laughed. "Don't worry about the price, Ms." He said to her. "I can tell by looking at you, two things: One, you have definitely been around, and Two: that you are a traveler. It's in your accent, your stride, and your eyes." He explained. "Me and my father do well here. We have a set up going and our business is always needed. So don't worry about it." He said to her. "Oh, if you want, I can install a disarming hook for you. Take me about an hour or two. Be nicely integrated, look like it was already part of the blade." He offered.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~[/u]

She listened to his jest, and she laughed softly, the sound like a wind chime compared to her rather dark voice. She reached up and rubbed the scar lacing down the left side of her face and throat, and then shrugged, reaching back and pulling the blade out. Oh, and how it had the most mellifluous resonance of metal against metal within the sheath as it was withdrawn. She reached out, putting the flat of the blade's center against her hand and gingerly handling it as she held the handle out to the blacksmith.

"Then this time, I might let you do me the favor. But let it be known that you have my favor for your uses. Surely I know you must be able to use the weapons you craft. But for this I do owe you, for whatever reason you see fit. I will be in town for two days, then I am off once more to travel the plains."

The drow smiled vaguely, a very sly grin as she turned her eyes upon the shop, before moving to find a seat. She sat down, putting her equipment down on the ground, and crossing her long lean legs one over another.

Dunnuck

Gabriel watched as she sat down and crossed her legs. Hmm, he thought, entertaining his imagination. Gabriel entered a door that was too the right of the counter, which led to a small brick area without a wall on one side, allowing the smoke from the fires to drift out into the sky. He worked for a while, matching the disarming hook to the rest of the blade color and design wise. After about an hour and a half, and putting the finishing touches, he returned to the customer area where the woman had patiently waited. He walked up to her and bowed, offering the sword."Your sword, m'lady." He said. The disarming hook was crafted on, and didn't look like any kind of extension. It looked like it was designed with that part in mind.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She ties he long red hair into a quick weave of a braid as she walks to her room.  She has just left town where the blacksmith had been less than cordial.  She growled at the thought.  She reached her room and finds her fighting leathers.  A halter of leather, loosely laid over her firm, but curvacious upper body.  A belted leather skirt about her waist with long leather pants beneath.  She adds a few leather bracers to her wrists and a choker to her neck.  These were brown to hide amongst the trees.  Not that her milky complection or fiery red hair would be a dead give-a-way, but that is another issue.  She takes out her combat boots.  Thick souled and high to her knees, leather reinforced somehow beyond her knowledge of shoe constructin.  She wrapped the laces around and tied them tight.  She grabs a cloak and her melee staff and walks with purpose out of her room.

There was a fire that blazed in her eyes as she walked.  Normally, she was light and bubbly.  Her countenounce was likened unto the sunshine or the babbling brook for the sheer joy and happiness she carried about her.  That blacksmith said somethings he should not have though.  Her fingers tighten about her staff as she heads to the practice arenas.  Her anger would be worked out in a most vigorous session.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She waited in the room, letting her mind drift. Her eyes eventually closed and she felt a dream creeping about, one of her past.

The sky was dark; a midnight blue scattered with flecks of light that were the stars. There was a new moon tonight; leaving the sky devoid of its heavenly light. There was a sweet semi-silence; the only noises were of crickets and frogs, birds and the soft coos of small mammals traveling about to seek out their niche for rest. But like a slow classical song, some other noise was being born. Soft at first, but sharpening. The sound of... metal, clashing. Soft at first, like two people dancing in a style of fencing. But it hardened. It hardened into battle.

The sweep of long knee-length silver hair stirred with the braid of blond, and a splash of crimson cut through them both. A gasp filled the tiny meadow, the feminine sound coming from a young Kamaria. The drow fell to her knees, turning to her side and covering her face. A pool of silver silk draped around her and she sobbed, peering up with glittering golden eyes and a face draped in burgundy across the left side.

"It is what needed to be done. This, us. You. You were wrong." The voice was a deeper one, more mature and intelligent. Calm.

Standing above Kamaria was her lover of the time, Calanon. A wood elf with long blond hair, a lean tall pale body, and eyes of the most graceful blue she'd ever seen. His bow shaped lips tugged into a tiny pained frown.

"My apologies."

Her eyes crept open. Blinking once, then twice, the dream short lived. Kamaria stretched up from her seat, raising her bow and quiver to her back once more, and approaching the blacksmith. She reached out, taking the blade and sheathing it once more. Ah, it was perfect, she had noted mentally. Her lips tugged into a smile and she turned her head a bit, pulling her hood back up over her features.

"Thank you kind Blacksmith. Should you need me, my name is Kamaria Ueric. I will be staying at the Field's Inn for the next two nights." And with a nod, she began to move for the door.

Dunnuck

He smiled as she departed, the smile faltering as two generic customers entered. He had thought that the woman could of been the begining of something. Something to break him out of his daily routine. He got that way around his special customers.

Gwindolyn

~Gwindolyn~

Placated by the spasms of the male, she eases her delicate fingers through her shocking white hair.  Hair she kept in braids.  The braids fell the length of her back plus a bit.  Her ebony skin shimmers naturally, but the low levels of light that are a biological effect of the lichen danced along her skin.  She walked to the spiders and conversed a bit more.  She nods her head and thinks this days work is done.  She heads for some personal pampering.  Her work would be soon enough.

As she relaxes in the bath,  her braids unwoven and spread about her in the oiled water, she thinks at how many wards and guards the drow had on his room. She would have liked to have seen his face as he walked in with all his wards still intact and found it all vanity.  It is nothing to gain a password from the spiders.  It is barely nothing to open a portal door in his room being such a high ranking priestess of Lloth.  Eitherway, she grins with pleasure.  She waves a hand and a male is delivered to her for her pleasure.  She grins wickedly as he enters.  There are perks to the ever precarious role of leading the house Baen'Und.  She may not be the top house in the city, but she still ranks as one of the top, as nobility.  She bids the male to join her.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

The day had slipped by a bit, the night coming on. Evening was in place, the sun disappearing into the horizon, the sky dulling slightly with bright rays of orange and yellow. The clouds became violet and pink, and then dulled themselves down to a smooth gray. The breeze was cooler, the air smelled of roasting chicken and earth outside, and the smell of mead seemed to permeate around the Field Inn doors.

"Aye!" Called out one sole figure, slamming a burly, callous fist onto a table. He leaned in, his broad, unshaven smile vicious as he looked at the drow. Behind him were a crew of gangly and vicious looking lackeys that followed suit to the table. "You 'de broad who cut Trebor's throat?!" He leaned closer, and Kamaria just looked. Her golden eyes peered right past his, as if staring at a wall right behind the burly man.

"Answer me ye' stupid wench!" He slammed his fist down again and a crack formed in the thick wooden table, and Kamaria smirked. She came to a stand, her wooden chair sliding back against the boarded floor. He looked at her, and scoffed, reaching out quickly for her throat.

Like lightning itself, she had gripped her dagger and drawn it, coming up and cutting the space between his open extended finger and thumb, making him withdraw his hand and squall like a baby. She stepped forward, stomping her thick 3-inch boot heel into his toes, making him double over. She wiped the blood from his dagger on his shoulder, sheathed it, then drew her sword.

"Don't make me test a fresh blade soon as I have bought it. You foolish idiots ought to step away, or come forth and have your throats slit just as your friend. What is the saying that applies to you fools? Monkey see, monkey do? Well, I've slain one monkey. Bring forth the flock."

She spun the blade forward and back, it cut through the air and whistled beautifully. The others stepped back, but the front man raced forward, drawing a thick almost rusted dagger to strike her. Kamaria whipped her blade forward, cutting his dagger in half before she brought her knee to her chest, long powerful leg coiling up before unleashing a heavy side kick that knocked the man back. Her heel in his chest sent him flying into a table behind him, toppling his followers as well.

Kamaria hooded her features and raced from the tavern's embrace, into the streets. Down and on she went, to a small home near the Blacksmith shop. And she found her way about, twisting into the darkness that was the shadow of the home as the sun was gone and the moon rising to replace it.

And the street filled with noise, the drow laughing quietly.

"Stupid hogs."

Drow Denizen

Quelthar

Flashing a few gemstones secured Quelthar passage with a merchant caravan bound for the surface near the elf settlment. And a few more stuffed inside the duergar caravan leaders pocket insured no questions were asked.
Quelthar was given a riding lizard somewhere in the middle of the column, after securing his belongings to its back he mounted up and scanned the other members of the caravan; an assortment of drow and duergar traders and a few more creatures more exotic or uncommon in a drow city.
Most of the duergar seemed to belong a trading company, their beasts of burden carrying arms and armor. Most of the drow members of the caravan seemed to be independent or traveling in pairs or small groups.

Taking a pull from his waterskin he relaxes in his sattle, mentally preparing for a long ride, his fingers never far from the handle of his handcrossbow.

Dunnuck

Gabriel closed up shop, locking the doors after putting away the raw material from the open area where he forged. He had sold his favorite sword today. No, given it away. He smacked his head "Sometimes I am too nice."He complained to himself, laughing a bit. It was dark now, and he rsn into one of his friends who was coming from the tavern. "Oh you shoulda seen it, Gabe." His friend said like a small school boy. "You know the Inn whoes tavern I frequent? Oh, there was some action there, boyo." He said, clasping his hands together in delight. "Had a sword that looked just like yer baby, too!" He detailed with a grin. "Ah, Luis. That was my sword. Now don't tell anyone else that. You know that kind that hang at the tavern. Those idiots will come to me looking for revenge." He explained, shooing the man away. As Luis went to walk away, Gabriel ran up to him with exagerated motions and turned his friend by the shoulder. "How was she?" He asked. "The lady? She was one of 'dem Drows. Very skilled fighter. You thinkin' about tryin' to bed 'er?" Luis asked. "Ah, Luis, mind always in one place. Unlike you, I wouldn't bed everything that moves." Luis was quick to respond with "So does that mean you don't want to? Is it because she is a drow? Or the scar?" Luis questioned. "Wanting to bed a woman and bedding her are two different things, Luis." Luis, again, quickly responded with "So you DO want to bed 'er!" Gabriel sighed, annoyed. "Mind always in one place, Luis. She could kick my ass, your ass, your ass's ass, and any shit in between." He said, waving him off and turning to leave. "So you don't want to bed 'er?" Luis asked as Gabriel left. "Shut up, Luis."

He made his way home, which was right near his shop. He lingered outside, enjoying the fresh air and dark sky. He went to enter his house, and noticed his door ajar. Suddenly, the dark corners of the room seemed infinitly darker. From behind the door, a man swiped at Gabe with a sword. Gabriel, having felt the presence, ducked, and ran upstairs, the man behind him.

Dunnuck

He was unexpectidly clocked by a second man, sending him to the ground reachimg out and pulling a vase down with him, shattering loudly. Gabriel rolled, avoiding a piercing strike that stuck into the wooden floor. He stood and rushed into his room, avoiding a third man that was waiting. He retrieved his sword from a desk next to the window in his room that went from the floor almost to the cieling. He drew his sword quickly, and with expertise, clashing with the third man. They pushed at each other, panning around the room and into Gabriel's (bad) plan. He knocked the man's sword away and ran at him, diving out of the window with his sword in hand and the person flying with him. He had intended to use tje man as a cushion, but theu parted in the air and hit the ground.

OOC: Sorry for spliting the post, I can only do so many charactes mobile :/

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

In the arena she works off the comments that the blacksmith annoyed her with.  The energy translating into extra hits to the dummy.  At one particularly viscious moment, she has the staff across her back and extending her arm.  She whips around in a spin and hits the dummy across the face.  A move that could break a normal beings neck.  She fills up with sad satisfaction as the head of the dummy flies off.  She regrets that any could bring her ire up so much.  But he just knew how to push her buttons.  Freezya had no idea how he managed to do this, but he did.  She finishes with a few more twirls of the staff and swipes at the knees and then the abdomen.  One last thrust into the gut and she finishes her work melee.  She walks over to her bow and arrow.  She never used this as battle weapon, but it was her practice in aim.  One did not go into battle with magic and no ability to aim.  She went into the archery range and shot her bow for a few hours.  By the time she was done, she felt much better and well satisfied with her work out.  She heads in to clean up.  No one likes a smelly elf.  She giggles at the thought and as she walks back to her room her natural bounce sneaks back into her gait.  Her long red bouncing along behing her.

I am Gwindolyn            

Drow Denizen

Quelthar

Riding through the dark expanse of the Underdark Quelthar had plenty of time to pour over the spell scrolls he had brought with him, committing them to memory.
One particular spell he was confident would prove useful was an illusion that would make him appear of another race - because little else stands out more in an elven settlement than a drow. He hoped the illusion would be potent enough to present a more inviting appearance than the scowl he wore at the mere thought of passing himself off as an elf. But he saw no other way to speedily secure her trust than to appear as one of her own. No elf would agree to follow a drow to a drow city, no matter what imaginary reason Quelthar might manage to conjure up requiring her presence there .

He spoke little with the other members of the caravan, only questioning the duergar caravan chief on their location and distance from the surface every so often. The stout duergar guards trudging along at the front and the rear of the column seemingly did a sufficient job of keeping anyone that might take interest in the caravan at bay.

Iellwen

~Iellwen~

Striding into the bath house with all the arrogant air of someone accustomed to commanding at least her own destiny, the dark drowess barely even registered that her Ilharess had a male present. Only that she was there at all, and in so seeing her, went down to one knee in the customary manner of a soldier giving respect to a commanding officer, not a daughter her mother.

Although the motion itself was made with a fluid grace that betrayed the feminine mannerisms of the dark drowess, the action itself caused a soft myriad of sounds from the whisper of her thick deep gray traveling cloak as its folds pooled around her like soft ink, to the creak and protest of the leather armor that so adorned her svelte form. She paid it no heed though, only froze in her pose as she awaited her Ilhar to acknowledge and address her.

Glacier eyes stared almost unseeing through a shock of crimson tipped bangs at the cold stone tiled floor before her, and gave the outward illusion of distraction, although the warrior was acutely aware of every nuance within the expansive humidity of the chamber.
Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?
O/O's
Seeking
A/A

Drow Denizen

Quelthar - Near the Surface

Nearing the surface Quelthar departs from the caravan to a cavern that opens up into a forest. Here he makes a lonely camp, setting about the needed preparations for his encounter with the World Above. He starts with casting the spell to give him an illusory appearance - he'd expect fierce opposition if any surface dwellers found a drow lurking in a cavern near the surface. Hopefully an elf would look less suspicious if it came to that. Once he has finished with weaving his spell he moves over to where a small pool has formed from water dripping from an overhanging stalactite. Looking down he inspects his reflection, focusing his mind to see the illusion that he known is untrue instead of his true appearance.

Looking back up at him is the smiling face of a fair wood elf with green friendly almind shaped eyes, a tan complexion and long hair that waves to just past his shoulder blades. Quelthar isn't smiling, even if the illusion tells him he is. Stepping in the puddle and ruining the visage he collects his belongings and moves a little nearer the exit.
The light is bright, even what little filters through the forest canopy and down into the open cavern. Even for Quelthar who is accustomed to studying by candlelight it's enough to make his eyes water. Over many hours he slowly tries to adjust, moving another thirty paces closer to the cavern entrance every hour or so as the light slowly becomes tolerable..

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

The people came by, passing through, though some seemed to dip into the blacksmith's shop. Kamaria raised a silvery eyebrow at this and took to the shadows even more, clinging to them as her golden eyes were nearly the only things to possibly give her away. Two men staggered forward, having split from the group of avengers. One gestured to having spotted a glimmer of yellow in the darkness, and hefted up a small stone. He reeled his arm back and pitched it, the drow shifting back and the stone striking her arm. She let out a quiet scoff, but came to a stand, approaching the light of  the streets.

In sight, they both engaged her at once, drawing swords and reaching her.

But Kamaria was trained in battle, versed in many different techniques from her travels. She drew her blade and shoved it diagonally across the front of one man; intentionally not cutting him. But the disarming hook, however, caught the hilt of his blade and ripped it right from his grip, leaving a fine gash across his palm. Then she turned, suddenly taking the blade in two hands. She fell to one knee, avoiding the oncoming blow and swinging hard enough to cleave her blade into the side of the man's hip. He howled in pain as she twisted back up, ripping her blade out and slamming her foot into his chest; toppling him down. Before she stopped the fluid momentum of battle, she twisted around once more, and curling her fingers she made a fist.

SMACK!

And out went his lights.

She shook her fingers, sheathed the blade after slinging it once to fleck the blood elsewhere than its steel. Then, it was back to her only other option for a possible shelter in the night...

Inside the Blacksmith's shop, she shut the door behind her and felt the need to adjust the chain at top, to lock it from other intruders. She knew she was probably being chased by a whole gang of thieves for having slain one of their best ranking hoodlums. But inside, she felt an air of danger as well, though it was jaded and unsure, and she only knew this eminent danger by the smell of human blood.

Kamaria withdrew her hood, moving over to the counter and removing her cloak, bow, quiver, and yet keeping her blade and dagger about her as she stretched her lean charcoal colored arms and studied the shop's wall once more.

"Blacksmith?" She called into the shop's deeper reaches where she would not journey without distinct permission. "It is I, Kamaria. Would it be wicked of me to beg you of another favor? I've the gold to pay you for your latest favor if you agree."

Dreamers Sand

OOC: Ignore the bit about the blacksmith shop. XD It's very early, I misread. ]

Kamaria had remembered seeing one figure entering the home where she hid upon the shadows, after she had defeated the two minions of which she was sure there were many. She had turned to the Blacksmith shop, but noted it was closed, so perhaps the home was the best effort she had to make. The drow reached to the door, knocking her fingers upon it lightly, before taking the initiative to... well, crack open the door. She did not look inside, but simply dipped her head and called inward.

"Hello? Blacksmith?"

Dunnuck

One of the three men motioned for the other to watch the person at the door. Gabriel moaned on the ground from the fall, as well as one of the attackers. Gabriel glanced over towards one of the three who assaulted him, finding their appearance familair. Shockingly, this one as a woman. She was cloaked in dark colors and had her head wrapped in ebony cloth that only parted for her eyes and ponytail in the back. "Assassin?" Gabriel questioned. The female assassin jumped up and dashed for Gabriel's sword. Gabriel kicked her arm away after running for it himself. She rolled with the moment of the kick, catching herself on her feet and drawing herself up.

She parted her legs and lowered slightly assuming a martial arts stance. "Ladies and gentlemen," Gabriel began, putting one foor forward and an arm down facing tjr ground, "We have ourselves a Ninja." He joked. She rushed at him, impressively utilizing her weight to quickly kick at him, and with strong force. He snatched her leg from the sky and brought up his right leg to strike her. She, without hesitation, took her own foot from under her and kicked Gabriel's leg, sending both of them to the ground. She quickly capatalized, mounting him at the abdomen. "Shit." Gabriel cursed. She struck him across the face before he could raise his block, snd caught him once more with another punch. He them sheltered his face with his forearms and she began to go to town on his ribs. She striked with amazing strength for such a petite woman. Wait a minute...

He thought for a moment, trying to ignore the punches and instead focus on her position and how it felt. This would be an idiotic way to remember someone if he was right...

"Jessica." He said against the punches, the woman yielding in surprise. She jumoed off of him and grabbed him, putting him in the moonlight and slamming him against the wall. "Gabe?" Came the voice, surprised. She removed her face covering, revealing pale skin, gray eyes, a small nose, and an all around beautiful face. "What the hell, Gabe!" She exclaimed. "No no, your not allowed to exclaim! I should be the one exclaiming! I'm exerting my rights to exclaim...now!" He shouted, louder on the last part. She raised a hand over his mouth, shushing him. He attempted to speak, but was muffled. She removed her hand. "What are you doing here?" They both asked each other simultaneously. "No, you tell me." They both said in unison. "To answer your question, this is my home, you dolt." Gabriel said. "And to answer yours, this home is my mark. What happened to that house on the other side of town?" She questioned. "Um, it was on the other side of town. I got one closer to my work. You know the building your currently holding me against? Yeah, that's my smith shop. I would appreciate it if you didn't make an imprint of my body against the wood. It's nice wood." He said, Jessica letting him off of the wall.

"And whats this ninja getup?" Gabriel asked, gesturing his hand across his entire body. "You didn't mention ninja training when we were together, so whats this all of the sudden?" He asked. "I'm not a ninja, im an assassin." She remarked. "Oh, ok, next time someone is trying to kill me, I will be sure to make the distinction." He complained, a giggle coming from her. "What's so funny?" He asked. "You." She responded, hardly able to hold in laughter. "Me? And what is so funny about me?" He sounded offended. "Everything!" She laughed, kneeling over. "I mean, what are the chances that you would be my mark?" She asked.

"You and your buddies nearly killed me." Gabriel exerted. "They are not my 'buddies', Gabriel. They are just other assassin's sent with me. I joined a group of assassins shortly after we broke up. Needed a way to get money." She explained. "So you kill for money now?" He asked. "It's not like that. I only accept a job if the person deserves it." There was an odd silence. "So I deserve it?" Gabriel asked. "And exactly what does it say I did?" Gabriel asked. "Lets talk about this later..." She said, acknowledging the existence of the other assassins.

Meanwhile, the man on the bottom floor watched the Drow from the shadows. If she were to enter and become to suspicious, they would have to take her out.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She listened, carefully. There was no response, but in the distance she heard soft thumping noises, like something hitting the floor... Her eyebrow raised slowly and the drow leaned closer to the door, her white nails pressed against it. She drew her dagger out of the sheath, and readied. Her ears picked up the sound of quiet, trained breathing. No, these were not thieves. They were smarter, more intelligent. If a battle came to be, she'd have to truly give out some energy and tactic instead of just busting them up like she did the street leeches from earlier.

The door creaked open, another inch, and another inch, and she finally saw someone.

Her eyes narrowed, the topaz colored hues setting firmly on the man. It was not the blacksmith, it was someone else. Was the blacksmith in trouble? Or danger? She did owe him the favor for his sword.

"I am looking for someone, do tell me, have you see the Blacksmith?" Kamaria said warily, gripping her dagger tight beneath the shelter of her cloak. Her lips were all that was seen of her face, and those softly glossed lips pursed into a wily grin as she heard some loud noise again from elsewhere in the home. "I would like to speak with him, if you will let me pass."

Or not, and I'll cut you down. Now Kamaria had few vices, but one was a good fight. And her hand was creeping for her sword, her heart already beating faster. Test me, she thought, as if it would reach the man's mind. Engage me.

Dunnuck

A slight whistle sounded through the air just before the man on the lower floor lunged towards the Drow. She knocked his blade aside when she quickly drew her own, surprising the assassin.

Gabriel and Jessica

"You heard that?" Jessica asked Gabriel. "The whistle?" He asked. "Yeah...someone else is in your house." She explained. "Oh you mean besides the men trying to kill me?" He asked her, quickly being shushed. They made their way around to the back entrance, entering the house. Gabriel went up to a candle, lighting it and sending light flooding through the bottom floor, which wasn't that big. In front of him, he seen the woman, the one with the traveler's eyes, fighting one of the assassins. "Kamaria!" Gabriel shouted in surprise. Her and the male assassin were locked in intense combat, both being skilled fighters. "How is the sword working, Kamaria?" He asked her while she battled.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

The blade was knocked away as from the shadows came the silhouette upon which she'd made eye contact with. She had drawn her sword, the hook catching his, and jerking it from his grip as if her mind had done it. From there, the intensity quickened. She heard a sound, but ignored it. Her lips tugged into a grin as others came to feast their eyes upon the sight, as the man drew a second, thinner blade, and stabbed it into the air. Her body shifted aside and it pierced her cloak, ripping it from her form. He swung back, the cloak still hanging on his sword as she dipped down to avoid it. Kamaria grabbed the cloak and pulled it down to the sword's hilt and then turned, twisting around the man and wrapping the cloak halfway around him. With a powerful jerk, she staggered his stance as he spun towards her. Trying to get his footing back was the perfect weakness as she came forward, twisting hard on her left heel and sending her right foot crashing against his jaw. The man went flying to the side, his face hitting the wall, but he was not a weakling by any measure. He drew his blade up and raced for her, and the clash of steel began.

Kamaria turned her eyes for a millisecond to the blacksmith, where she smirked playfully.

"It's doing well." She called to him, twisting the thing to meet the assassin's every motion. But one move slipped by, the blade coming upward vertically and cutting a few of the lower laces on her deep green corset, causing the bottom to part over her navel just a bit. She scoffed, feeling a tiny cut form there where her blood just barely made a debut on the surface. She returned to the man, shoving her sword forward and slicing square through his clothes and cutting a big enough gap in them that the left side just bagged off and availed his chest and shoulder. A cut formed there too.

"Touche." She called to the man, as he brought his hand forward, attempting to punch. She caught the top of his wrist with the hook and he winced, jerking his arm away from her as crimson blood fell to the floor. It was quite dark, and they were fighting by the light of candle and the moon.

Time was running thin for her, and she wanted to know what was going on. The assassin struck her again with his blade, this time placing a tiny scratch on her shoulder before she took his vulnerable position to lunge the blade deep into his abdomen, twisting it once to the left, then to the right, like a key in a lock. He froze, and she ripped the blade out, a red mist following it as the blood poured down the wound and the body hit the floor. Kamaria knelt, wiped the blade against his shirt; her signature being that long, straight stain of red diagonally on the cloth. She returned to standing position and faced the others.

Her expression grew rather solemn for a moment as she held the blade at her side.

"So, you have quite the house parties. And I thought I was the only one being chased by ghouls in this cute little town."

Dunnuck

Jessica and Gabriel both walked forward to Kamaria, in the front section of the house. Above them was an internal balcony that revealed the upper floor. Jessica, while looking at Kamaria, drew her cross bow and fired it up. The third assassin hit the ground between them and they all looked at the dead man on the ground. "Do you just have a thing for girls that can kick your ass?" Jessica asked Gabriel. "She is a customer, Jessica. Kamaria, Jessica, Jessica, Kamaria." He introduced. "She was one of the assassins that was sent after me. We didn't know of each other's presence until she was on top of me and punching me in the ribs." He caressed the spot. After a minute he crossed his arms. "So what do we do with these guys?"

A few moments later, theey were at a nearby rushing river where they disposed of the two men's bodies and promptly returned back to Gabriel's home. They sat in the living room, talking. "So I heard there was an incident at the Inn. Wasn't surprised. People here can really hate Drows." He sat back in the chair, yawning briefly. "Don't you hate elves?" Jessica asked. Gabriel flinched, drawing himself back up to his knees. "I don't 'hate' elves. I just dislike them. You know why." He said to Jessica. "You should give Elves a chance like you do Drows." Jessica suggested. Ignoring her, Gabriel turned his attention to Kamaria. He locked eyes with her, being caught in their gaze for a moment. "So, you need a place to stay? I am willing to bet that the Inn is less than a fan of your handiwork."

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She finally sheathed her sword, and aided the blacksmith in disposing of the bodies. The return trip back to the house was quiet, but most trips she encountered with others were. Many were intimidated by her height, leveling almost with the blacksmith when she had her heeled boots on. Others were intimidated by her race, and even more by her skills.

Inside, they all took seat, and Kamaria sat opposite of the blacksmith, folding her legs and resting her arms across the top of the chair's arms. He asked her if she needed a place to stay; which was the most important statement made there. Though, she filed away his every word as if it were just as important in her mind. So he hated elves, but did not dislike Drow? That was perhaps one of the more unusual statements she'd ever heard coming from a human. Most humans hated drows and loved elves. But she shrugged it off in her mind, and nodded.

"Yes, it would be nice to have shelter for the next two days. Then I will be gone... I just doubt the Inn will let me stay now. I've provided them a giant cry baby and a broken table and chairs to match the set." Kamaria let her golden eyes drift to Jessica's almost silvery gray ones. "So, someone care to explain to me what has happened? And, oh," The drowess turned her head and smiled at the blacksmith, a full grin that made her look like less of a danger to have inside the house. "Do you think now is an appropriate time to give me your name? If not, I can just call you Blacksmith til I leave. Or maybe Master, or Host, since I'm now going to be residing in your home for the next period of my stay."

Dunnuck

"While I do enjoy the thought of being called 'master', I think Gabriel will be fine." He said with a smile. "What do you mean what happened? Like, why I am after him? Er, was after him? Well..." She crossed her legs and and clasped her hands between her legs. "Me and him used to have a thing going. Years ago. We decided to break it off and remain friends, and three years later,  he moved here. He never told me why he moved, but now I think I have an idea. Anyways, after the break I looked for different jobs. A lot of them were ones I didn't fancy, jobs that were 'for women'. So I said 'the hell with it' and became an assassin for an underground organization. A bit exotic, if you ask me. Exciting, too. Of course, I have morals though. It's kind of like groups of thieves, some have morals, some don't. The organization I work with is quite accommodating, and allowed me to accept and deny jobs as I please. I got one for a man who raped and murdered a woman in my city." Gabriel's expression darkened as eyes drifted to him. "I'll let you take it from here." Jessica said. "Like I told you, I have a bad reputation. No one here really knows exactly what I have done; hell, no one does. It's alarming what the higher-ups can do and say. Currently, I have a death order on my head from another city. There is enough controversy around it all to strangle me; Also enough for the officials and law enforcement here to protect me. The list includes, robbery, perjury, bribery, womanizing, rape, murder, slander, libel, and a few other more boring charges." He explained. "All have their explanation, though. All have their justification. Each is tied into a rather interesting tale. The rape and murder is a lie; I bedded her, consensually, and she turned up dead soon after. Robbery and bribery also entangled itself with the woman. The same with  perjury. Now that I think about it, all of them involved the woman. Except the womanizing. I was drunk then. Made it a habit not to do that again." He leaned back again.

"It's surprising what kind of lies can be taken from truth, depending on who it's coming from." He sighed.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She chuckled quietly at his speech, interested in the fact that he and his assassin had once dated. How... unique. But her mind dwindled on thoughts of Gabriel being such a criminal. Was he lying or not, she was unsure, but he had no liable reason to lie to the drow. And the look in his eyes told her he was not far from the truth, if not on the truth as is. Her lips tugged into another wolfish grin, and she nodded to his story, reaching up and tucking her silvery white hair behind her ears.

"Well, my own current story is not as... interesting, because I am merely a traveler seeking what little adventure I may, or even a purpose or reason to settle down and have a job that contains more than just pillaging off of thieves and criminals like a dark vigilante." Kamaria turned then her attention to Jessica. "It is definitely hard to find work, as a woman, and as a drow. Most drow are tightly knit together in their community, selfish and cold, drunk with pride. I was once like that, but differed away from the chance to remain as such. People see me as a threat, or a danger to their establishment. Perhaps I too could be an assassin, but the freeform vigilante traveler thing does me just as well." She grinned. "It also means I can work alone."

Kamaria chuckled, thinking of the men she'd took out today. The two she'd killed (the assassin and high ranking thief in the woods), and the three or four that she'd given a good beating.

"Ah, and Gabriel, how rude of me. I haven't yet thanked you for your hospitality... Thank you, Gabriel. Again, I am indebted to you; now by two favors instead of just one." Kamaria said, her rich voice filling the room with the utmost ease.

Dunnuck

"You two are welcome to stay as long as you like. My bedroom and the guest bedroom are both upstairs and both have huge beds. I can sleep in a chair down here." He said, getting comfortable. "My room has a newly broken window now, though." He regretted to inform. "How do you know I even want to stay?" Jessica challenged. "Because I know you. And I know you can't simply return to your assassins." Gabriel responded.

Jessica headed up the stairs and layed down in the expansive bed in the guest room. She fell asleep quickly.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She watched Jessica finally take leave, heading up to a bedroom; to which she was unsure. The drow just shifted her attention on the only other person around, solely focusing on Gabriel. For a few moments, her piercing topaz hues just gazed into his, and she pondered over him for a bit. What gave the human such bravery as to let someone such as herself inside of his home, free with a sword that was worth enough gold to set someone up for a week's worth of luxury.

Her eyes finally broke from his, and she lowered her head a bit. Kamaria came to a stand and began to remove her sword, bow and quiver. Then she unhooked her dagger and pouch, wrapping it all in her cloak like a little sack for her goods. Then she undid the top lace of her corset top and unwound it until the thing fell from her form, revealing a tightly wound white bandage wrap across her chest, no blood obvious though. She tossed the corset atop of her other things and rubbed the sides of her rib cage, and smiled up at Gabriel faintly once more.

"So you have a bounty on your head?" Kamaria asked quietly. "How interesting." She shrugged, walking closer and looking up to the balcony, the vantage point of her head being back a bit unveiling the scar's slender satin-like mark along her face and neck. "Is there anything else I should know about you, before I close my eyes and am vulnerable to any kind of crime you may commit?" By the tone in her voice, Kamaria was jesting with him, but deeper she did want to know more about his track record for trouble.

Dunnuck

"Just that I am a devilish charmer." He joked."My record around here isn't anything special. The worst of ot being selling information. Everyone greatly exaggerates that, though, as well as everything else. Most of my bad reputation spawns from being unfriendly and smart-mouthed. Everyone thinks I sell information to bad people, when in truth it is normally to good people. I never look to actually harm anyone or ruin anyones lives. I have had a number of people, bad people, trying to buy information off of me. But I don't serve them. So you can rest easy, Kamaria." He assured her. His eyes scanned her body, seeing a few scars that were partially hidden behind what covered her chest. There was more to the drow than met the eye. Maybe his adventure would come yet.

She is attractive, he admitted to himself.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She grinned darkly at his statement of being a charmer. Well, he was handsome by no doubt, but she was not one to fall to the temptation of man. Seduction was a game she could play, though she didn't use it to her advantage on very rare occasions. And it was even more a rare occasion that she let a man sweet talk her, or fool her, into his bed unless she desperately needed the relief of another body. Her eyes turned as she sat once more, unlacing her boots and sliding them off, coming to a stand then and cradling her things under one arm- all wrapped into her cloak. Golden hues locked with his once more, and she stood before him in a lean, almost enticing stance.

"So I've one last question blacksmith." Kamaria began, looking up to the balcony and beyond. "If Jessica is in one bed, and I in the other, and you've only two beds in your home... Are you taking the chair, for the night?" She chuckled darkly.

Dunnuck

"That is what I had initially planned, yes. Unless you want this fine chair to yourself." He joked. He leaned back and put his arms behind his head "No trickery here, Kamaria. I will hold down the fort in this here chair for the night. I have been in less favorable positions in my life. Both situation and comfort wise," He told her.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

"Well then." Kamaria dipped her head a bit in a show of appreciation. Raising her eyes back to him, she let out a quiet yawn, and looked towards the stairs. "I shall be off to bed then. And in the morn, perhaps we can talk of my debt to you... Goodnight Blacksmith Gabriel." She chuckled quietly, and headed for the stairs, soon reaching a bedroom with Jessica in it, and another that was open. For a while, she looked around, but did not pry into the man's business. Merely looked at his belongings from the bed's point of view. She undid the lace at her pants and slid them off, and crawled into bed, finding rest rather quickly after that.

~XXX~

The morning had come smoothly, and she woke from a rather intense rest feeling physically better. She reached back, tying her hair into a very short French braid and letting her longer bang pieces hang down next to her cheeks. She rubbed her eyes clean of sleep and reached into her little leather pouch to chew on two leaves of mint and then rub her lips in beeswax infused with tangerine oil. She shifted up, pulled on her pants, and tied up her corset in the front, having a smaller replacement lace of white at the bottom to keep it closed over her navel.

Upon reaching the downstairs, she saw Gabriel in the chair, and reached over, running her fingers across his shoulder; the first time she'd touched him.

"It's already morning. Are your dreams too good for you to wake from them?"

Dunnuck

He slowly slipped into consciousness, being greeted by golden eyes. "If I hadn't known any better, I would say I still was dreaming." He responded, standing and stretching. "I hope you enjoyed your night." He said, walking over to the window. "I offended this red headed elf yesterday," He began "Should I go and apologize?" He asked.

OOC: Im gunna wait for others to post before posting again :p

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She watched him move to the window, and she crossed her smooth arms across her full chest, switching her hips just barely and tilting her head to ponder his question internally. For a few minutes, there was silence, and she was glad the other girl had not woke from slumber just yet. Kamaria finally answered him though, as honestly as she could.

"I myself... do not like elves." Kamaria said somewhat quietly, turning her gaze upon him as she approached the window. "But if she did nothing wrong, then an apology is in order." She approached him closer, standing next to him at the window and gazing out into the morning light. "What did you say to her?" Kamaria then whispered curiously.

Dunnuck

"We got into it about elves," He began, turning and leaning against the windowsill. "Called her a fiery bitch for one, on account of the red hair. Then thin-eared wench. An assortment of colorful language. I was training, and she criticized my form. I said 'I'm not looking for any input from a frail elf.' Even though she is not as frail as the others, it is still a generality. Still an insult. Then she questioned what I had against elves. That's when we got into it." He folded his arms. "I really got under her skin, even though my insults weren't so great." He admitted. "I am fully aware of my prejudice to elves. Makes it hard to yell good insults because most insults come from ignorance. Or simply not knowing. I know a lot about elves, so I can't comment with stupidity. I just...hate elves." He said simply. Yeah, there was a reason. But Gabriel wasn't sure if he wanted to go into it.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~[/u]

"Same as I, then. Except my hatred is perhaps... for far different reasons, and is taken out differently." The drow turned away from him and moved for the door, strapping the belt of her sword around her back, leaving the bow and quiver on his chair. She laced her other belt around her waist, the leather pouch and dagger there. She slid on her boots, laced them up, and readied to leave.

"Favor one, perhaps I should bring back breakfast for you and your friend? Just tell me what you like- I've plenty of gold for the moment." Kamaria said smoothly, her golden eyes meeting his as she fumbled her fingers against her leather pouch, feeling the coins at the bottom.

Dunnuck

"Surprise me." He suggested to her. "We can wash your clothes tonight if you want. Also got a private area to shower. I shall utilize that while you are gone."

Gwindolyn

~Gwindolyn~

Gwindolyn pushes off the male that she was playing with.  Blood flows from several deep lines along his back, butt and thighs.  The crimson liquid flows from her neck and ears.  He growls at being discarded.  His complaint visible without the audio, but the audio definitely punctuated his displeasure.  She waves him to the side to await her next whim.  Feeling extremely irritated, the male does so.  She brings herself to full height.  Her black body gleams even more than normal with the wet shimmer.
“Usstan olath dalharil, vedui’”  (translation: My dark daughter, Greetings)  She ignores any signal that the respects paid were anything less than they ought to be given her dual roles of Matron and highest ranked priestess, making her twice over the lead of the house and most definitely the powerhouse to be reckoned with.  Gwindolyn does not bother dressing herself or covering in the least.  She drips down pinkish drops of bathwater.  Her hair dipping free down her back, reaches almost to her feet.  Usually she only let her hair flow so freely during and after a bath.  Few ever see her like that, except her group of pleasure males and a couple of personal attendants.  Iellwen was the second most powerful female in her house, being an arms master and all.  Still, she does not bid the drowess to rise.
“As your intelligence minions have informed us, so I have confirmed,” she continues speaking in drow (in English for the sake of the readers).  “The house of too great import to be named in this room is planning an attack on our house.  Thanks to your hard work, I am already taking measures to ensure Lloth’s favor.  I need you to gather our strength.  Prepare them for the coming battle, but not in a way any will see we prepare for combat.  Just let them see us doing business as usual. Bring the rest inside and use the indoor, windowless arena.  I want them to think we are vulnerable.”

I am Gwindolyn            

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya~

After her work out, she slipped off her staff as she walked into her garden.  These clothes needed cleaning now anyways.  So she does not change before planting and weeding the beds of flowers and food.  She liked a balanced garden.  So there were paths and patches of flowers amongst her fruits and vegetables.  So many pretty colors and sweet smells.  She inhales deeply, letting the smell of a rich earth blend with the aromas from her growing plants.  She smiles a deep smile and does a slow, encompassing spin around.  Speeding up gently as she continues in her silly motion.  Her long red braid unweaving as it fans out behind her.  When she is done, she giggles and then sets about being sure no undesired plants have sprung up.  Once all was in order, she weaves her fingers in a subtle dance and speaks an elven word for 'rain'.  As big, lazy drops of water fall over her freshly tended loves, she walks away satisfied. 

She goes in and tends to her hygene and then slips into bed.  The comments from the blacksmith no longer haunting her.  She sleeps a deep restful sleep born of a satisfied peace.  It is one of those nights you never even remember dreaming.  The next morning she rises, rested and ready.  She dresses quickly in a long loose weave in green and gold.  For as loose at it hung, it still managed to highly her rounded curves.  She grabs her books and heads out to tutor the young boys in reading.

I am Gwindolyn            

Iellwen

~Iellwen~

The slightest hint of a sneer curled her shapely dark lips at the sound of the male's objection, though her pale eyes did not rise from their focal point upon the cold stone floor. Instead she gathered all her information about what was happening before her from the movement caught in her slightly obscured peripheral as well as the sounds and scents that accompanied them. Observation was one of her strong points, as it should be given the rank she held within the house, though only in one circumstance did it ever fail her, and that situation she usually avoided lest her shortcomings be used against her.

Now, so positioned before her Ilhar (Mother) in a manner no one else would ever warrant from her, she remains almost eerily still. As if the very stone beneath her had crept into her blood and bones to hold her riveted there while the Matron spoke. Only the subtlest rise and fall of her chest could give away the fact she lived, though it would take a trained eye to see it. This guise of still life, however, was broken once her Matron finished speaking, and the dark drowess raised her head a fraction to regard higher upon Gwindolyn's well toned and shapely legs. In so doing she saw the male, his expression of malcontent obvious upon his features though he thankfully was silent now. The coppery hint of blood that wafted to her delicate nostrils gave a little more feral glint to her glacier eyes, but nothing more as she responded to Matron Gwindolyn in her normal purring voice, velvety and dark with unspoken promises.

"Good... I look forward to a little excitement, its been too long since my blades have whetted themselves upon the flesh our our enemies, and I daresay they hunger for it now." Her gaze locked upon the jaluk as she watches him stiffen, perhaps thinking that she would be so bold to use him in a manner so opposite that of her mother. She pays the motion no heed though while canting her head a little to peer upwards more though the shock of crimson tipped bangs that fell so before her eyes. "I will station those of the keenest eyes in appropriate places.. and request smaller less noticeable ones to be vigilant for anything out of the ordinary.. while I rotate the training of our troops as you request."  Suddenly her gaze drops to the floor where pinkish foam puddled and dissipated around Matron Gwindolyn, though she appears not to see it, as thoughts race through her mind. "Perhaps I shall devise other manners of greetings for our 'guests to be' that they would not expect... " She mused more to herself than to her mother, her voice going down to a low purring-growl that seemed to fill the room with its husky tone, only to be discarded as she once again snapped her attention to her Ilhar. "I will need Lloth's favor.. and the hands of a skilled sorcerer... Can you bestow these upon me Ilhar?"
O/O's
Seeking
A/A

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~[/u]

She smiled a bit, nodding to the man.

"Then surprise you I shall." She withdrew several coins into her palm and left out the door, strolling down the street to the nearby stands of vendors and farmers.

There, she spotted many a tasty treat. Bottled milk, orange juice, glass pitchers of clean water, salted porks, fresh fish, fruits, berries, nuts, and breads. Her eyes gazed over the selections and she picked out a knapsack to pile her wants into. She purchased one jug of water, another of orange juice, then salted pork and bacon, fresh navel oranges, bananas, and a small bundle of blueberries, walnuts, and banana nut bread. She had spent half of her coins that she had withdrawn for this trip, and decided to go on and splurge a little more on herself. Kamaria slipped past to another vendor, selling clothes and whatnot. She quickly bought a white quarter sleeve cotton top, and a pair of deep brown shorts that fell between her knees and thighs. Then she bought two green ribbons, and wrapped it all up, taking it with her in her other arm.

She stepped inside the house. Kamaria looked to find Gabriel as she found the kitchen table, and sat the knapsack out. She undid the tie and it fell open, and she began pulling the foods out, hoping that Gabriel had some deal of silverware or cups and plates. The drow looked back and called out for Gabriel and Jessica, wondering if Gabriel would be all cleaned up now. While waiting, she dropped her other bag down into the chair in the main room where her bow and quiver were, knowing she'd change into the simple clothes for the day and stay inside, letting the hassle of the thieves calm down a bit before she took leave.

Dunnuck

Gabriel let the water fall over him as he lathered himself in soap. He had to pull the string to allow water to come through the showerhead. A significant amount of water was stored above the showerhead, out of sight. It was a little contraption that Gabriel had made. Once he was done, he rustled his hair, creating the style he favored.

He dried himself then equipped himself with trousers. He slung his shirt over his shoulder and headed upstairs, singing

"Don't mind me I'm only dying. Don't mind me I'm only dying. Carry me in your arms, off this battlefield. Mend my wounds, don't mind me, my mind isn't healed. Escape to the ocean and drown in the sorrow, what good is today if there's no tomorrow? Don't mind me I'm only dying. This fight has gone long and I don't have the will to keep on trying." He sung sweetly. It was a song of war, but also relatable to those low on hope. The song progresses, encouraging hope.Gabriel skipped ahead, "Don't mind me I'm only trying. Don't mind me I'm only trying. Build this boat plank by plank, no tomorrow. Sail this ocean, this ain't the life I borrowed. I leave this pain behind, go onward. There is no tomorrow; life is one long day."

"I see you still got that voice." Jessica said, standing in Gabe's doorway, her arms crossed. "You know Kamaria is here, right? She got here as you started singing. I smell some good food." Jess commented. Gabriel slipped on his shirt and headed downstairs and into the kitchen. "Holy hell." He commented about the mass of delicious food. He sat at the table, the dishes already out. "You shouldn't of, Kamaria. I mean, im not complaing but...I know this had to be expensive."

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~[/u]

She looked up, soon hearing a rich male voice singing, one that made her eyes fall shut and her heart fall into a sudden ease. Reminded her of something, something she didn't want to remember, but the nostalgia was nice regardless. She drew her eyes up as Gabriel entered the kitchen, and a smile came across her face. He said it was too expensive, but Kamaria came up with gold easy; so he wouldn't truly need to worry.

"Do not let it bother you, come sit and eat. I am sure that this meal is definitely not even half the worth of the blade you've given me, or even the home you've lent to my aid." She pulled up a chair and sat down herself, pulling a slice of banana bread and putting it on her plate, then pulling an orange onto her plate and peeling it with ease with her white nails, pulling off the skin and then tearing it into smooth, perfect slivers. She extended her hand to Gabriel as if he wanted some he could just reach over and have some.

"Whatever you see and want, this is for us; nothing barred from one between another." She then took a cup and poured some of the orange juice, somewhat thicker than usual with a bit of pulp.

Drow Denizen

Quelthar -  the Surface, Forest

Speaking a last enchantment - one of Tongues that would allow him to speak the elven dialect as a native, instead of the corrupted drow dialect - Quelthar then makes his way out of the cavern and into the forest.

The forest is alien to him; the sound of woodland creatures tickling on the edge of his hearing, dart through the underbrush at the corner of his eyes. He has read of and studied the World Above, but being there in person is quite something else. Making his way through light underbrush he heads for a small traderoad that his map has told him should run through the forest and lead to the elven settlement.

Dunnuck

Gabriel took the orange slice graciously. "Thank you." He said biting into it. Jessica then came down, sitting and eyeing the food. "Looks amazing." She commented, reaching over for random items. "I decided. I'm going to go ask for her foegiveness." Gabriel revealed. "Don't want anyone else pissed at me. Best to mend it while I still can. You two are welcome to join. The elvish are just outside of town. A bit of a walk, but nothing to staggering." He took a bite of the salted pork, being absorbed in its taste. He looked back up to Kamaria, swallowing his food. "Unless you hate elves so much. I heard stories of what drow do to elves. Would I have to worry about violent confrontation? You know, outside of what may occur between the elves and I?" The elves in the settlement despised Gabriel. For good reason, too.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She nodded to Gabriel, letting the thought simmer in her mind for a bit. She put a slice of orange to her lips, her teeth tearing at it, the juice soothing her sudden flaring memories by reminding her that her reality and present was here and now with these two humans. Her eyes met Gabe's and she took in a moment of thinking, thought and deep breath as she pondered it.

"Hate elves, I..." She shrugged. Kamaria thought it over for a second and shrugged. "I don't hate elves, I suppose, and I'll go with you. But the elves find distaste in the Drow as well, it'll be an odd companion to take. But I'll go with you Gabriel if you want my companionship."

Dunnuck

"It will certainly make things interesting." Gabriel said with a sly smile. "I live for interesting. I had actually hoped you would agree to come; it will make this trip one worth taking. Not to mention," He looked at Jessica "I will have two talented, and beautiful, warriors with me." He commented, leaning back in the chair on two of it's legs. Jessica smiled and stomped her foot, causing Gabriel to go off balance and fall backwards. "You should ease on the flattery, Gabe. You never know how a woman will react." Gabriel lifted himself up off the floor. "I meant nothing by it, is it so wrong to speak one's mind about friends?" He asked, lifting the chair. "Not any normal mind, no, but yours is a different story." She said teasingly, with truth behind it. "You know, everyone thinks my mind is worse than it is." He sat back in the chair and continued eating. "It's not like I said what I said when I met you. I learned my lesson from that one." Jessica laughed at Gabriel's memory of the event.

"I'm sure you did, Gabe." Jessica laughed. "You also learned not to be grab-assing, right?" She wondered. "I aint been grabbing no ass, ma'am." Gabriel responded. The two bickered a lot, but they were thick as blood. They joked constantly over their short relationship.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She blushed a bit, turning her head away at his comments, and then feeling very out of place with the play about ass-grabbing and vice versa. But Kamaria nodded, coming to a stand after having finally eaten her share. She began to clean the kitchen, rather politely, and shifted to dishes aside and put the fruits on the counter. She then slipped past the two of them, taking her glass of juice and drinking it down, putting it on the table's corner before moving into the living room. There, she worked to slide her bow and quiver onto her back, and then she did her cloak up once more, a jagged diagonal cut in the back, but she didn't mind.

"I'll bathe tonight, before bed. And further, when are we planning to depart?" Kamaria questioned, looking over to the two humans with curious eyes.

Dunnuck

OOC: Wow I tried to post mobile but it didn't work.

"We can leave whenever we are ready. I just have a few things to gather." He answered. "I'm probably going to take one of my own works. I doubt we will get to the settlement without wildlife interference, so I suppose I can test a few designs I am tinkering with. If you would be so kind, I would like to enlist you in this assistance." He requested. "You as well, Jessica." He called out over his shoulder.

Gwindolyn

~ Gwindolyn ~

She watches a her daughter stays in the lowered position.  Her eyes showing approval in a moment when none could see it.  Her daughter as powerful with blades and lead the troops well, but it a always good when they remembered who lead them.

"I will need Lloth's favor.. and the hands of a skilled sorcerer... Can you bestow these upon me Ilhar?" the bent dark form requests.

"The favor we seek is being gathered.  The favor you ask for in the meantime can be delivered with a slave goblin upon the altar by a lower priestess of the house.  Seek An'Ree with the goblin in tow.  She needs to perform a few in order to be considered for rank in the temple.  We will need as many ranked priestesses as possible to pass through this war successfully.  As for the sorcerer, leave that with me.  I will have that role filled soon."

She turns and steps back into her bath, still dripping clear water and pink droplets from where the male had pierced her skin in play.  She signals the male back to her and says over her shoulder to her daughter "That is all for now."

I am Gwindolyn            

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

As she walks softly through the city, humming a joyful, elven tune, she pauses at a vendor of flowers.  Yes, she has a whole garden full, but that does not mean she has these flowers.  She reaches into a small pouch hanging at her waist and pulls out more coin than the vendor asks for as she purchases some flowers.  She stops at another vendor and purchases some oranges and some nuts.  Easier to teach young boys when they are well fed.  Hungry boys do not focus well.

Overloaded with packages, Freezya heads to park where she teaches the boys to read.  She can help more at once that way and the fresh air is so much nicer than the suffocating silence of the library.  A moment of distraction in the park is often a subtle lesson woven into the readings.  She is so proud of her boys, they really work at learning.  She has helped them and their parents understand that this may help the boys live better lives.  And who, when they live in the worst part of town with the most miserable of stories, doesn't want that?

I am Gwindolyn            

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She tilted her head curiously, golden eyes scanning Gabriel's face from eyes to lips, to what bit of facial hair was there. She nodded, looking then to Jessica. Jessica was gorgeous; the Drow then spotted in the back of her mind. Eyes like silver, hair like silk, skin like porcelain. Kamaria blinked, and returned her gaze to Gabriel once more, comparing his skin and look, his height and brawn. Being a blacksmith surely accumulated some muscle...

They are not beautiful in the way of elves, but for humans, they are outstanding their standard.

Kamaria closed her eyes and nodded, folding her long, slender arsenic-colored arms across her chest.

"Well, go on Gabriel. What is this design to test that requires our assistance?"

Drow Denizen

Quelthar - Elven Settlement

Quelthar had only to walk a few miles along the forest road before he comes upon the city gates. They didn't look much like gates to him - it was barely guarded, by maybe one or two people, and was wide open. The city wasn't even surrounded by a proper wall, you could just stroll in from the forest if you wanted to.
It felt unnatural, suspicious to Quelthar - surely this was intentional to lull intruders into a false sense of security. But, he supposed it didn't matter of he liked it or not, he had to enter the city and put his faith in his illusion. He sent an unspoken prayer to the Spider Queen that he would make a passable wood elf; smiling at the absurdity of such a request. Hefting his pack he started to walk slowly along the road, every muscle in his body tense with nervous energy. His hand hovered near the handcrossbow hidden under his cloak.

They didn't care. The dolts didn't even look at him twice. He couldn't believe it, he walked right through the gateway, passing a single guard and a few other elves and a human going the other way. Every last one of them had just smiled stupidly at him in passing. His heart was hammering though, a paranoid voice in the back of his mind told him that they knew, and only pretended not to - but that seemed so absurd, if they wanted to stop someone, the city gate would be the place to do it, not inside the city.

Walking along the dusty main road of the city he fished the map of the city he had been provided out of his scroll tube, sitting down on the edge of a fountain to get his bearings. Her house should be nearby. The city wasn't big at all. Every few moments he glances about nervously, half expecting a squad of armed guards to come barreling towards him, but it never happened.

As he starts rolling up the map he spots her - or rather, the annoying humming sound she is emitting catches his ear and pulls his gaze. If nothing else she's at the very least instantly recognizable! She's bartering with some vendor over some wares - mushrooms or vegetables of some sort, colorful ones.
Quelthar wasn't quite sure what she'd need them for, green things were growing everywhere he looked.
She wasn't looking his way, thank the Queen, he pondered for a moment what to do. Follow her now, or get acquainted with the settlement first before he starts following her around. She was carrying a heap of packages, most of her concentration seemed focused on keeping them in her arms, not her surroundings. He supposed this would be as good as time as any to observe her without getting noticed and decided to follow her..

Dunnuck

Gabriel promptly left, and then promptly return. "Ok, so I made this thing...it's really cool. It needs to be battle tested, though." He said excitedly. He held up what seemed to be a double bladed sword, the two blades side by side and both double-edged. The handle was almost separated into two different ones, only connecting at the base. There was a opening for the hand between the two hilts, and Gabriel assumed a solid grip there. There was also no handguard. "Alright, now check this out." He gripped the hilt with force, and the second hilt, blade attached, snapped back and locked into place at the end of the first hilt, making something resembling a staff, except with blades. He flared it around a bit and then pressed the two hilts up, it snapping back to a double-bladed sword. "Pretty cool, huh?" He asked.

"Now, this one is intended for kill purposes and can also be used to catch the enemy off guard." He pulled out a simple katana-esce blade, which was also double-sided. "Good weight, good balance." He said, swinging it around. He made a lunging motion, then gripped the hilt. All along the blade, tinier sharped edges popped out. They were fairly long, and if the sword was inside someone at the time, it would shred the insides. The tinier blades could also work as a disarming mechanism. "Freaky, huh? I actually spared with this one, it is useful in disarming an opponent." He explained.

Last time that Gabe was at the settlement, he was attacked. He did not fancy killing, so this disarming weapon would come in handy. Right now they were in a human city just a little ways  away from the elvish settlement, which was basically a small city on it's own.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

Her eyes opened when he returned, eying the equipment he carried. She watched the first weapon, a double bladed sword that turned into a duel sided blade staff. The second was a razor edged straight sword. Both of which were unique; Gabriel had a mind fit for murder. Kamaria approached, walking full circle around him, before nodding, stepping back.

"Both seem... rather brutal. But agreed, dangerous and in need of testing. So, do share how Jessica and I will be coming into play." The drow questioned, her lips just barely hinting at a grin.

Dunnuck

"It's a brutal world. If one will carry a sword, one should be ready for brutality." He said to her before answering her question. "Oddly enough, while they may look intimidating, these swords can solely be used for defense. Anyways, simply choose one and carry it with us. If anything happens, use them. If not," He shrugged "Then no harm done. I don't live a particularly dangerous life, so I don't really get field tests in with my designs." He told her. "If I may make a suggestion, I think you should use this one, Kamaria." He said, offering the blade staff. "Jessica is more of a brute," "Hey!" "So I think she should use this one." He threw the sword off to Jessica and she caught it. "Or you two could switch. I mean, you two would know which one you would do better with. Slender, fast...think that would suit you, Kamaria. Heavy, invasive and intimidating...that pretty much describes Jessica." "I'm only a hundred and thirty pounds!"

"Anyways...those are my suggestions."

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

Kamaria at his suggestion, nodded casually. She reached back and shifted, pulling her blade off of her back and setting it aside, still keeping the bow and quiver. She then took the double bladed sword, and held it in her hands. For a moment, it felt odd. Heavier than what she was used to. So, with the blades side by side, she held the thing with both hands, swinging it twice. Powerful, time consuming swings that could probably cut down a fully grown warrior. Then she twisted her wrist and let it fall into the position of a dual-bladed staff, and spun it a few times. This time it was much easier. It cut through the air with a whistling sound that was pleasant to the Drow's ears. Her fingers glided over the hilt with a unique favoritism, twisting it with the ease of a baton in the hands of an acrobat.

She snapped the hilt back up, and held it down at her side.

"Does this come with a sheath?" Kamaria then grinned.

Dunnuck

"Yeah. It can only be sheathed while it's in it's double bladed sword form, though." He stretched his back looking over to Jessica. She looked exactly how she had always looked. Her mid-length red hair, grey eyes, smooth face and nice features. Her skin was a beautiful pale white, and the contrast to her hair made her all the more beautiful. "I will get that in a moment. I will also get the sheath for that contraption over there." He said referring to the sword with the smaller, retractable blades. His eyes scanned Kamaria, and he noted her beautiful appearance. To him, the scar added to her positively. It showed character, experience, history. Made her unique. He sly grin came to his face before he spoke "We can grab those on the way out of town. We should pack some food and get ready to leave." he told her.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

Freezya toddled through the crowds a bit less graceful for all her many purchases and books.  She drops a few and someone helps her pick them up.  With a bright smile and a warm look in her eyes, she thanks them whole heartedly.  Finally, she reaches the park and sets her stuff about.  She smiles as the boys begin to dig into the fresh foods before she even gets herself sorted.  She sits about in the grass and just listens to them chat and tease back and forth while they ate.  The sky was clear and the day was sunny.  With all the trees through the settlement and the river so close, there really were very few terribly hot days.  Most were just pleasant. 

Finally, she settles the boys to the task at hand.  She spends a few hours tutoring the kids.    Some were elven students and some were students from the human city nearby, but all wanted better.  She praised them for their work and helped them past their obstacles.  She had to chide only once for misbehavior - and for boys, that's pretty darn good.  She was pleased with the day so far.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

The drow turned to the kitchen at his word, setting the heft sword on the table and shifting to grab the knapsack in which she'd brought the food home. She began to shovel things inside in a rather organized though hasty manner. A small bundle of oranges, bananas, and a knit cotton sack of berries and almonds. Then she took the wrapped salted pork and beef strips, putting that too into the bag. She topped it all off by pushing the large container of water down in the leftmost corner of the bag as to not crush the softer items inside. When it was all done, she packed three cups pushed inside of one another, and then tied the string up tight.

Kamaria hefted the bag up and laced the strings into the sheath strap running diagonally across her body. Upon release, the bag hung perfectly well against the small of her back, still leaving her bow and quiver able to be drawn at will.

The woman reached up then, rubbing somewhat callous fingertips against her cheek, where the scar laid. The skin was like the smoothest satin there, clean cut and gentle. Her nails drifted over it and she rubbed her jaw where it crossed over onto her throat. With that done, she tucked one long bang from the left side of her face behind her pointed ear and let that long tendril run over her clavicle and onto her chest, ending just at the joint of the halter strap and the top of the deep hunter green corset.

"The food is packed." She said, reaching out then and lacing her fingers around the hilt of the double-sworded weapon, picking it up. This time was easier, as if she was already getting the hang of it's heavier form. "Anything else? Last minute preparations that might've slipped your mind?" Kamaria said smoothly, her rich alto voice like dark chocolate as her eyes of smooth topaz met Gabriel's.

Dunnuck

Gabriel unknowingly lost himself in Kamaria's eyes; there was something about them that felt invasive. Like she could see past his silliness and outer personality, into his deeper one. "Just the sheathes." Gabriel finally said. The three set out, stopping by the shop and gathering the two holsters. They then left the human city, towards the elven one.

The dirt path had trees on either side, green and lush. The sky was a pure blue, fluffed with clouds. A slight breeze brushed their faces. Gabriel's thought? 'A damn good day'

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She walked through the forest, the trees on either side as vibrant as the shrubs at their trunks. The mammals danced about on the ground floor of the open area and the sandy earthen path led straight to the elven city after some distance. Kamaria walked with her hood up, her heavy blade sheathed on her back, as well as the knapsack of food. She felt heavy, but her legs were strong, carrying her forward with extreme ease.

Kamaria finally looked over at Gabe and Jessica, her full smooth lips of purple taupe pulling into a very vague, curious grin.

"So, what happened between you and Jessica, if I may ask?"

Dunnuck

"The truth?" Jessica asked. "It was mostly passion; we came to the conclusion that we still thought of each other as close friends...except we had sex. A lot. Like I said, all passion. We don't do it anymore, though. After peacefully breaking it off, we decided not to have sex anymore. Just keep it friends, ya know?" She explained casually. "I know that the subject of sex is rather...raunchy, but tis the truth." She added.

Iellwen

~Iellwen~

Lowered her gaze once more and nodded in acknowledgement of the directions her Ilhar gave her, even as her mind nimbly sorted through all the goblin slaves she knew of to pick out the most likely of candidates. One that was both easily rid of, and yet not an insult to the dark goddess herself as that would not do, at least as far as she was concerned. Blinking slowly as her pale eyes rolled upwards to view what she could of the statuesque jabress before her, she caught the name given for her to seek out. "An'Ree... " She whispered, tasting the name upon her lips even as she drew the image of the lower priestess from her memories. An slight understanding seeming to light her silvered hues as she recalled the last time she had had words with that priestess.  Not pleasantries either, as it was quietly viewed amidst some, that Iellwen's decision to leave behind her Priestess training in order to pick up sword and pole arm, was a folly that would eventually become her undoing. 

Nevertheless she did not question her Ilhar's choice, nor did she think further upon the sorcerer as she knew full well that the Ilharess would choose one that would suit her needs perfectly, if she hadn't already known of whom she would choose. So, instead of saying another word, she knelt there in respectful submission before her Ilhar, the way a leopardess would before its trainer, and listened with amusement as Gwindolyn returned to her bath, and her male.

Once she heard her dismissal she was in motion so swiftly it would have given anyone unfamiliar with her, and some of those who were, a moment of surprise. Like a coiled serpent she rose and spun about sharply upon her heels. To stride out of the room with the same manner of confident command with which she had entered. Her cloak swirling up and behind her in a parody of wings almost unfurling as if she were to take flight. The muted sound of her booted steps lost from her Ilhar's awareness almost immediately upon her departure, while those pale eyes scanned the dark corridors before her as if looking for that very goblin who would soon forfeit his life for the good of this household... whether he liked it or not.

O/O's
Seeking
A/A

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

The tale made it hard for Kamaria to keep a straight face. Thankfully her loose cloak hood kept the humored expression hidden, the only slight giveaway of amusement being her soft lipped smirk. She laced her thumb into the belt and she nodded to their little confession of sexual escapades upon a relationship foundation. Her eyes fell shut and she enjoyed the smooth feel of wind sweeping into her hood, criss-crossing over her chest and navel, wisping over her form.

"Well, if anything has to be learned from you both..." Kamaria began. "It is that you both have some very interesting stories to tell."

Dunnuck

"Everyone says we are a collaborarion of colorful stories." Jessica told Kamaria. "We have plenty of them. Me and her have known each other since we were kids." Gabe said. "Through good times...and bad." He added. "We have stories from funny, to amazing, to terrifying, to sad. Let me ask you, Kamaria, have you ever seen a dragon?"

Drow Denizen

Quelthar spent the day moving about the edges of the park, observing Freezya as she tutors the group of kids. He makes of busying him with various trivial tasks a the day goes on, so he is not seen just staring at the elf.
The tasks also keep the boredom at bay, he cared little enough for the redhead elf, let alone this throng of young ones. As much ss possible he tries to stay in hearing range, hoping to overhear anything she says that might help him. Or failing that, just to familiarize himself with her voice and personality.

The sun is a constant annoyance, but the wood elf visage shows nothing but a wide smile at the bright sunlight, even if Quelthar is not quite so merry underneath.

Dunnuck

They enter the elven city, the enviroment much more natural than the human one. Gabriel's expression turned dark, a scowl across his face. He put his head down, telling the two women to do the same. "I doubt I nor Kamaria are liked around here." He said, giving an explanation. He kept a steady hand on his blade, but didn't tense himself. He had not shown the two girls his sword; he wanted to kee it a surprise. "We should find this woman, buy some things, and leave. This plsce makes me uncomfortable." Gabriel whispered. They moved through the streets without incident, eventually making it to a nice park where the offense had occured.

He sighed and took a seat on a stone bench far off in front of the red headed elf. "You two can search around; the elves have a lot of unique things to see. Their structures aren't as crude as the humans. It is a nice sight. They also have some goods you wont find in the human city. But be careful...it could just be me, but I feel...tension."

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

They continued, and the scenery slowly began to morph. Around them, the nature grew thicker and more beautiful, the establishments coming into sight much more unique and fantastical from human buildings. The images flooded Kamaria's mind with memories and she suddenly wondered why she had tagged along. Yes, Gabriel was coming along and he had the same problem. But they were definitely from two completely polar vantage points.

As they reached their point, Gabe gave them free will to wander about. Kamaria wanted to leave. The intense need to get away was burning through her like a lit cigar against her skin. Her dark skin gave her away, her cloak could not cover what she was...

But she slipped away, and headed towards a more discreet part of the nearby area. A street down, she memorized the terrain, and knew she wouldn't be lost easily. But of course, nothing is easy and the chance of no encounters would just be too lucky of Kamaria.

"Hey!" Came a sudden voice. A hand shot out of what felt like nowhere at all with a skill that surprised the unsuspecting drow. Kamaria instantly held her breath, not gasping as smooth, pale fingers locked around her throat. Her eyes closed for a moment as this elf was stronger than a normal elf. She felt then another hand coming forward, gripping a handful of her cloak hood and tearing it back from her face, unveiling herself to him.

Kamaria made eye contact with the man and her heart sank right to the floor, and even deeper into the earth as if it were quicksand below her. His name she knew, but could not speak.

Calanon.

He stood about 6'3, broad shoulders and a strong upper body, tapering into a slender waist and long legs made for running. His body was sculpted by the most gorgeous deity she could not even fathom. His face was smooth with high cheek bones, a gaunt chin, smooth masculine nose, furrowed brows, bow-shaped lips, a goatee, and eyes of a crisp viridian.  His hair was tied back behind his neck, falling in long wisps of golden. And his fingers, tightening around his neck, were so warm and smooth; barely tinted with callouses.

"What are you doing here?" He said coldly. "I thought you were exiled from the elvish territories."

"The..." Kamaria couldn't breathe, so he loosened his grip enough so that she could still speak, holding her up so that her tiptoes barely kept contact with the ground. His hand shifted so that his fingers were pressed into one side of her face, his thumb on the other. "The order was made some while back, and has expired very recently. Three weeks ago, exact." She said coolly.

The man drew her forward and pushed her back, with enough force that her balance could not be salvaged and the drow hit the sandy earth, feeling her insides being shredded as if a pack of vultures were carving at her carcass. But Kamaria came to a stand and looked over the elven warrior keenly. He was a bodyguard to royalty, or at least, he was.

"I see things haven't changed." Kamaria said in a whisper to him. Their eyes connected as if some unspoken conversation were going on between their minds. Both beings were tensed, ready to fight. "It's just like the last time."

"You have grown wiser since then Kamaria. But not wise enough. Leave the city now." He said.

"We used to be-"

The sound of metal cutting out if its sheath broke through the air as the blade's edge was suddenly pressed against her neck, a tiny scratch forming.

"Shut your wicked mouth drow, and leave. Or I will cut your head from your body, and rid you of your meandering existence."

"Yes... As you wish, Calanon." Her speaking his name did something to him as he replaced his weapon and she pulled her hood over her face. "I will be gone, and pray fate doesn't confront us again." She said coolly, walking towards the nearby park, and hoping to head onward out of town. She knew her way back to Gabriel's, if it was needed.

Dunnuck

As Kamaria walked away, Jessica moved in. Once she was out of sight, Jessica approached. "So your name is Calanon?" She asked. Jessica gripped the hilt of her blade. "You really don't know how to treat a woman." Jessica had followed Kamaria, knowing something would happen since she was a drow. "The drow is here with a friend and I; You have a problem with her presence, talk to me. I don't know you, and I don't want to. But you do know my friend. So be sure she doesn't have to introduce us...I doubt introductions would be civil." She turned to walk away, her hand still on the hilt.

Gabriel...

Gabriel noticed Kamaria, walking away in the distance towards the exit of town. He ran to her and asked "Hey, whats wrong?"

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She was walking towards the exit of the city, the world a blur around her. She walked in long, powerful strides. But she did not make it out before she heard someone following suit.

Hey, what's wrong?

Kamaria was just out the edge of the city, out of sight by most elves as they stood upon the gates. She turned sharply, jutting her hand out. Her fingers gripped a handful of Gabriel's top, stepping closer until her chest could barely touch his, her eyes raised just barely to meet his, her warm breath of citrus and spice pouring over his skin. Golden hues filled with anger searched his own for a moment as she parted her lips, her teeth grinding together. Slowly her fingers uncurled and her lips softened, jaw loosening. Her eyes lulled out of their state and fell shut, turning her head.

"Forgive me, Gabriel. My nerves are still short. I've run into an old... acquaintance myself today. Perhaps later, before I leave town, I will tell you my story so you can remember me by it." Kamaria curled up her fists at her sides and continued walking away, pausing and looking back.

"Did you make your apology."

Dunnuck

"Not yet. I'm waiting for her session to end." He told Kamaria. The rage he seen within her had sent chills down his spine. He looked back, seeing that the session was over. "I will be back." He said, turning and heading to the woman he designated 'Rose'. He decided to cut to the chase. "Look, im sorry for my attitude the other day. I was out of line." He explained.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She had just dismissed her boys and were gathering her books.  She heard a terse sentence above her.  She was unsure who it was who spoke it or why or even if it was for her at first.  She spun around, spreading her gathered books in a most distressing fashion.  She falls backward, landing on her backside and hands to look upward at him.  She has to squint as the sun is behind him.  She has trouble making out his features backlit as he was.  She cocks her head from side to side trying to get a different view.  "Is that the human from the sparring last night?  The one who was so cross with me?" she asks with clear confusion as she still has not found a view that defeats the sun behind his head.  She shifts to try to rise.  Struggling as her legs are twisted from her abrupt turn about.  She holds out a hand to him, for help to stand.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She waited patiently as Gabriel left once more, moving further out of the city. She leaned on the trunk of a tree, crossing her legs and crossing her arms tightly over her chest. People that passed; though they were few in number, stared and wondered at the statuesque woman leaning there. Time passed slowly, and she stared at the earth beneath her feet. And next to her left foot was one simple blossoming flower bearing five petals, pointed at their tips and full at the base, with little yellow pieces jutting out of the center where the nectar was. Her eyes found it, and she gazed at it without changing her stare.

And after about five minutes, the flower, somehow, began to wither. Very very slowly, the ends of the petals began to darken to a empty brown, growing thin and crisp, curling inward. Soon the flower twisted until it was nothing more than a coiled brown pile of ashen flower.

She raised her head, moving forward and crushing it under her step as she moved back inward towards the city's entrance just to look for Gabriel. Her eyes scanned the distance and she blinked, wondering how much longer til they could return to the human village.

Dunnuck

Reluctantly, Gabriel offered his hand. "Yes, it is I." He said with caution. He spoke differently when being formal, using almost a completely different dialect. He helped her up, locking eyes with her. "I won't lie; I meant offense to you. But it was wrong of me."

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She accepts the hand up.  The hand is all the apology she needed.  She smiles as she reaches her full height.  Being so short, she still had to look up to him.  Her fair skin making her green eyes sparkle within the firey frame of her long red curls.  She breaks eye contact to brush her backside clean and straighten her gown.  She leaves her books scattered. 

She looks up to his eyes, she smiles warmly.  "I thank you all the more for the sincerely apology then.  I appreciate it deeply."  She lets a slight laugh ripple from her her luscious red lips. "I have a bit of a mess to pick up, but if you would be so kind, I would gladly brew you a pot of tea.  I have this most delicious set of herbs that are set off perfectly with a strawberry.... Or...."  Her eyes light up at the thought. "I could warm a little elven wine to share."  There is no hint of deceit in her as she has none.  She offers up the invitation as the best way to help him feel at ease with her.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She watched inward, seeing the park in the far distance and Gabriel. Her golden eyes studied the two and she sighed, thinking this apology might take some time. The drow turned and began to move down the sanded path of the earth once more.

One by one, the trees passed by her side, and she halted only once. Her mind slipped into thinking of random things; the food she carried and the blade. Her things still at Gabe's house. She almost wanted to rub her temples and curse the darkness for pinning her into situations like these. But it was what had happened, and she could not help it. Finally, about fifteen minutes away from the elvish city, she came to sit. She rested her back against a tree and brought one knee to her chest, extending her other leg. She removed her cloak hood and leaned her head back against the tree. She reached into the bag of food, taking out one orange and peeling it with her nails once more. She then pulled the pieces apart, setting them in half of the solid skin which was thick and a sign of perfect ripeness. She tossed the other bit of peeling away, and brought one slice to her lips, eating it slowly.

How did Calanon get here, I thought he was journeying to the Elvish home?... I wonder what all has happened. I would love to know, but fate forbids it. The only knowledge of him I'd ever be gifted with would be the knowledge of death by his blade.

Dunnuck

He raises a brow at the offer. The woman was beautiful, even though he disliked elves. He disliked elves not because of his parents or a predisposition as old ashe was, but rather an event that occured in his life.

Gabriel, his father, his mother, and his sister used to be a traveling family. His father sold his wares all over the world, creating unique designs for different people. One day, when Gabriel was young, they had been leaving a town. A group of raiders attacked them for their money and weapons. Only Gabe's father and mother knew how to fight, and it didnt last long. The city they were leaving was elvish, and the group of raiders were renegades from that town. They were feared greatly. Surrounded by elves, Gabe's mother and sister were killed. No one helped. Not a single damn elf. And it burned more because the raides were elves themselves.

Gabriel, with hesitation, accepted her offer.

Kevben Battleheart

~~Tirund Fal~~

Tirund stood in the middle of a purple-glowing circle as he muttered arcane words under his breath. The runes and symbols inside of the circle danced along the surface of the floor and hurt the eyes for those who stared to long at them. About eight other cloaked figures stood outside of the circle as they too chanted, the two different chants mixing together and sounding alien. As the ritual soon reached it point an explosion sounded and sent Tirund hurtling back into the far wall while killing his eight apprentices outright, leaving only blackened spots to indicate where they had been standing but a moment ago. A little shaken, Tirund got up from where had fallen and dusted himself off then shook his head while tsking. "If you couldn't help me perform a simple summoning spell, then you all deserved to die." As he stood there looking the room over, a servant of his came into the study and knelled before Tirund. "You call, master?" Tirund shook his head as he made his way towards the door. "No I didn't but now that your here, clean this room up. I want to be able to eat off the floors when your done." he commanded before leaving.

Tirund was used to such failures happening to him, finding that most of his apprentices lacked focus and any kind of talent, but he kept number of the apprentices who seemed to show such promise like the group who had just died not a minute ago. He could have done the spell by himself but he wanted to test some of his more promising apprentices was unsurprised by the magical explosion that had followed, in fact he thought they deserved it. Only those focused and dedicated enough would ever make it far but most of his apprentices seemed to only crave power, something that would only bring them a tragic death. The thought made him laugh, was there such thing as a untragic death, and as he entered his room a servant came out of the shadows and gave him a goblet of chilled wine. Tirund took a small sip as he sat down at a small table that contained a simple candle, a book, and a quill in an ink bottle. Opening the book open with his free hand and then taking the quill, Tirund crossed out the names of the apprentices who had died and then turned to a half filled page and began to write some notes down.
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She smiles even broader as she accepts her invitation.  "Wonderful."  She looks down with a rueful scowl.  "It will only take me a moment to gather these up.  She weaves her fingers in a subtle dance as she sings a few phrases in elven.  The grass grows to move the books into a pile.  The wind gathers and her papers find themselves in a pile.  She nods her head and bends to pick up her stuff.  "Sometimes a little bending of rules in life is good."  She giggles lightly.  "Right this way."

She leads him through the streets, past the market and to the castle in the center of town.  She is aware of the elves that tail her, most of them being her body guards, one of them not.  She knows the guards will not attack until there is an ill intent expressed in action or word.  She is often capable of handling herself and finds their shadows a bit offsetting, but she accepts it is her duty to allow as she is a city official, being a druid of such rank and skill and a teacher among the children. 

They reach the castle and she nods brightly to the door guards who step aside for her and her guest.  She leads him through the elaborate foyer, with the almost floating high ceilings.  The scroll work was intricate and marvelous, speaking of crafters that were masters for centuries, not just decades.  She passes through with an almost embarrassed look on her face.  She reaches a small room that is rather simple in nature.  She opens it up and invites him in.  She steps to the side and asks a serving elf to bring them some warmed wine.  She sets her books on an emptied shelf.  She leaves them piled for now, but it is clear those books fill that shelf. 
She turns and offers him a seat near the window where there were two rockers that overlooked her gardens.  Some of the trees were blossoming for fruit.  The early flowers were bright and cheerful and the other plants were just beginning to grow.  “Thank you for accepting the invitation.  It seems I was not totally innocent, offering words when not welcomed to.  I would like to erase that moment and replace it with a kinder one.”

I am Gwindolyn            

Gwindolyn

~ Gwindolyn ~

Gwindolyn walks through the passageways to the sorcerer’s quarters.  Few males obtain respects from matrons, but this one was powerful in the arcane.  She knew his skills and knew hers.  She accorded him more respect that most.  She was still more than he was, but he was enough to be treated almost like a second or third in command of the house.  She has sought his counsel from time to time, but mostly, he is given his luxuries and his space.  He was accorded his own private servants, his own wing in the house for him and his apprentices.  This one was also given a decent flow of coin over and above whatever his private exploits brought him.  There was no wine or food reserved from him and he had his choice of lower ranked females to tend to baser needs should he choose.  Male ones of any rank if that were his choice.
She pauses outside of his wing to converse with the spiders.  She will teleport into his chambers, but cares not to land in the middle of a summoning or something.  So she makes sure his space is clear to be entered unannounced.  She finds the room is available.  She rips a portal into the air before her.  She steps into it and emerges in his room.  She takes a mere second to re-orientate herself to the room.  She takes a step forward and locates him in the room.  She stands tall and regal and she begins to hum the erratic song of the spiders to announce her arrival. 

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

"Yeah..." Gabriel said, his mind still lingering on what happened to his mother and sister. "I'm...sorry if I seem out of it." He told her, avoiding eye contact. "And I'm sorry I didn't help with your books. I kind of zoned out." He admitted. He sat in the chair and glared out of the window. "I have two friends here with me. One a human and the other a dr-" He stopped for a moment. "The other is taking a walk just outside of town." He said. "I ran into them by chance last night. I offered for them to come here with me and they accepted. To be honest, part of me wanted them here for protection. My reputation here isn't exactly good, even if most of what they say is a lie. When I was here yesteday, someone had just attacked me. Said I murdered someone. Wasn't true. It put me on edge, tis the reason I was...rash with you. I'm surprised that you forgive so easily."

Iellwen

~Iellwen~

Toned muscles rippled beneath the charcoal skin of long slender legs as she strode through the labyrinth of hallways that made up this house, her cloak continuing to flow behind her as she made her way from one end of the expansive abode to the other with the single mindedness of a true predator. She knew who her quarry would be, she just needed to locate him now, and he hadn't been in the slave-yard like she had first thought. A fact that irritated her for no particular reason other than that she hated being wrong.. even if she did admit to her shortcoming upon rare occasion, it didn't mean she liked them.

Now, with an air about her that sent others, even taller than herself, quickly out of her path lest she suddenly loose her temper upon them, the slender drowess swiftly made her way to the training arena to see if perhaps he had been sent there.. which if he had she could only hope no one had ended his pathetic life before it could truly mean something. 

Stepping into the arena itself she cast her glacier eyes around to scan those few present in search of her intended victim, and felt the faintest hint of relief he wasn't amidst those being used as cannon fodder. This meant one of two things... he was dead already, or he was in the pens below awaiting that... then again, she mused as she saw his bowed and grossly repulsive shape hobbling by the pole arms with the accoutrement of one set to the task of caring for said weapons, he could be actually doing a job.

Letting her slender fingers splay around the pommels of her twin elven blades, Ice and Poison, she propelled herself forward with ground devouring steps that brought her so swiftly upon the snivelling goblin male he nearly pissed himself when he looked up to see her staring haughtily down upon him.

So trapped by that icy glare, he cowered before her even as she suddenly turned to bark out an order to the nearest servant present. Some elven half blood she hadn't noticed before, and whose pale appearance brought a trembling snarl to her tone. "You... come here now and pick up his tasks.. now... " Whirling back upon him she bared her surprisingly white teeth at him in what might have been a smile though no humor echoed in her eyes from it. "You... have been chosen to bring honor to this house... feel grateful for this... now come before I change my mind."

Without another word she pivoted upon her heels and strode away with a thunderous crackle of her cloak as it seemed to attempt keeping up with its wearer. No backwards glance was given to the goblin as she expected him to follow her regardless if he realized what she had meant was his own demise.  No.. she didn't need to look as he scurried after her like the whipped dog he was, because the alternatives were by far worse and he knew it.

O/O's
Seeking
A/A

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She listens to him, watching out the window to give him the space he needed to say what he wanted to say.  She keeps quiet even in his pauses so as not to interrupt him before he was done.  She merely smiled and turned to him.  "Forgiveness is only easy when the offense meant nothing to the offended.  However, I could clearly see you were having a bad day.  My assumptions were off base and my.." She coughs lightly "help was not what was called for in that moment.  My apologies for stepping in when not asked to."  She takes a moment for that to sink in.

In that pause the elven servant arrives and she smiles brightly to her.  "Thank you so much."  She says softly to her with an almost embarrassed flush for even having a servant as the the young elf poured two goblets of warmed elven wine from a hot decantor.  She accepts the offered goblet.

When the elf receded back into the castle, Freezya turns to her guest once again.  “Word had reached my ear that you had a drow with you.  I had told them to watch, but not touch unless provoked.  Word also reached my ear that my order was not fully obeyed.  This will be reprimanded with my sincerest and humblest apologies.  From what I was told though, it was personal and not on behalf the city.  This does not excuse, but it explains why the duty was not obeyed.  As for the other matter, I am not involved in that, so I am unaware of the details.  Still, I can understand your hesitancy and your desire for protection.  While you are here under my invitation, none will touch you or your guests unless they desire to be treated to reprimand.”  Her tone was soft and kind, but there was a steel in it that made the idea of ‘reprimand’ unpleasant.  She takes a sip of her wine and savors the taste with an “Aaaah, that is good vintage.” 

I am Gwindolyn            

Kevben Battleheart

~~Tirund Fal~~

Tirund was in the middle of writing notes, most of which were about today's exercise and how to avoid what had happened with the next batch of apprentices, when he felt a strong presence suddenly in his room. Closing the book and sighing, Tirund was about to start yelling at whoever had entered his room but when he looked up and saw that it was Gwindolyn and heard the song of the spiders, Tirund quickly stopped himself from what he was about to say and got up from his seat to kneel before his Ilharess. "You grace me with your presence. What is it that you seek of me and I will do my best to accomplish the task." he asked of her as he kept his eyes focused on the floor.

Tirund knew better than to anger Gwindolyn after all, if it wasn't for her, he wouldn't be where he was today. With everything she had given him, from his own space to almost any woman he could want, Tirund knew that he was deeply in debt to her and so did everything she asked of him, no matter how simple, how hard, or how degrading it was. He wondered what she would ask of him as he continued to stare down at the floor.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Gwindolyn

~ Gwindolyn ~

She walks about him to take a seat across from where he was sitting.  She leaves him there on the floor for a mere moment as she glances over the notes.  She replaces them and says "Join me."  She says it with many layers, but only leaves it to him mind to interrupt as 'at the table' for the moment.  The rest will be made clear shortly.  He rises and takes the seat across from her.  She takes a deep breath and the notes the air still smells of death and magic gone wrong.  It fits with the notes she saw. 

"Hmm.  You might consider taking it a bit easier on the males.  We are coming to combat soon.  They will meet their death fast enough then if they are not worthy and they will slow the forces as bumps in the road."  She turns her head to consider his eyes as she speaks.  She lets the hidden messages of her words sink through.  He didn't make it to his position in life by being stupid.  She had hoped he didn't take up that habit recently.  "I have put Mistress of Arms, my First Daughter, Iellwen in charge of tactics and plans.  Of course your might will be part of our arsenal.  You will work as her second in planning and logics.  I expect the two of you to not let our preparations be known to outside this house as you make us invulnerable.  I am already readying Lloth's favor for this event.  With Lloth's favor, we will be ready in time for the attack."

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

He jumps when she mentions the drow. He then takes a sip of the wine, enjoying it's taste. "This is pretty good." He admitted. "I have a question..." He began. "Do you know of a Raider Brotherhood named Sel'vaan?" He asked, speaking in surprisingly good elvish. He continued in his second language, going on to say "They are up north, along the ocean. It's far away, I know. Near an elvish bay town. I heard they are gaining popularity, so I was wondering if you knew anything about them..."

Drow Denizen

Quelthar had kept shadowing Freezya throughout the day, but when she had reached the palace his pursuit had ended. He did not wish to try and walk into her palace. Instead he spent his time watching the palace gates, memorizing the guards routines and watching for when his quarrel would emerge again.
He spent some time resting, finding a room in a tavern that overlooked the gates, making sure to pay the innkeeper in coins that hailed from surface lands.
In his room he studied his spells, modifying his illusory appearance so that he would look disheveled, muddied and injured.
He also prepared spells that would charm anyone he spoke to, making them more inclined to assist him and be sympathetic to him.

Kevben Battleheart

~~Tirund Fal~~

Tirund continues to stay there, kneeling on the ground, until he heard Gwindolyn say for him to join her. He got up but thought on it for a moment, sensing multiple meanings in what she had said, and then went to sit back down where he was before she had appeared in his room and took another sip of the wine before she began to speak. He listened carefully and with all of his attention, sensing many hidden meanings in the words that she spoke, and as she looked into his eyes he only stared back blankly as his mind began to wander on the subject of a battle. It was the perfect time to try out some of the new spells he had been working on, and with a small smile he nodded his head at his Ilharess.

"You honor me with such an important position," he began as he was already formulating plans in his head in the short time since she had given him the news, "and I will suspend all of my research so that the males can act as a meat shield against the invading forces." He then began to think about why she would have her first daughter in charge of the tactics and planning but he quickly waved the thought away. "I look forward to working with your daughter. I'm sure with us working together the invaders will only come close, unless we need them to come close. This will not pass from my lips and I will give it my all, not just my best. With your leave, I will seek out your daughter and begin the preparations." he said as he waited for her approval.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She almost giggles when he jumps, but she manages to maintain with an easy, comforting smile.  "the elves have taken centuries to perfect their luxuries.  This wine is not the top vintages, but it is an enjoyable sharing wine."  She pauses as he asks her of some trading band. 

She looks up as you begin to ask the question.  She pauses and scours her brain.  "I must admit, I have nothing to do with the trade in this fine city - other than giving my fair share of coin in exchange for goods.  I haven't heard of them, I'm sorry.  Why do you ask?  I may be able to find out something for you.  I have a dear friend who is always in some deal or another to keep this fair city's markets full."  She giggles thinking of the tall, blonde elven male who is always on his way to or from a meeting with some merchant.

~ Gwindolyn ~

She pauses and looks at Tirund as he gives her his deepest promises of co-operation.  She can already see his mind racing with plans and objectives even as she spoke.  She later notes a pause of thought as he considers her words.  Not knowing it was about her daughter, but does keep that slip in mind.  She rises from the table and chairs as straight and easy as any could wish.  She has an almost bored demeanor about her, but if one looked closer, they could see her inner wheels working overtime as well.  She begins to walk back to the middle of the room, but pauses and looks to him as she speaks.  "Oh, I don't just mean not to speak of it, although that is surely included, but not to let them guess it either.  Do not let our preparations be seen.  Keep them well away from any eyes that might see."  She looks deep into the shadows and knows they are not completely alone.  "It is also best if you keep those beneath you from hearing too much."  She calls upon a rat.  The rat runs to the servant in the shadows and nips at his heel.  "Please do catch up with Iellwen and get plans underway."

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

OOC: Lol I said RAIDER not TRADER lol. might wanna fix that :p

Gwindolyn

OOC:  She would have misheard you as well.  She would never think you said 'raider'.  lol. 

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

"Not traders, ma'am." Gabriel said. "Raiders. Criminals without honor or code. A band of renegade elves." He continued to look out the window. "I wanted to know where I could find them." He  said angrily, though the anger not towards the elf in front of him. "I figured that since your a higher-up, you would of heard of something they have done

Iellwen

~Iellwen~

Weaving her way through the network of hallways within her house, the drowess, what with her dark coloring and garb, appeared as if she were a shadow. A haughty commanding shadow, but one nonetheless as she wore little that would allow her svelte form to be discerned from those that filled up the corridors and expansive rooms that made up the fortress she called home. Behind her though, struggling to keep up in his lopsided loping pace, the goblin made it obvious that someone moved before him, and perhaps it was he, and not the disembodied silver eyes that could be seen in sharp contrast to Iellwen's charcoal features, that gave her away.

It didn't matter though, few stepped into her way as she sought out the lesser priestess of whom her Ilhar had spoken.  Though it did not please her that those she had paused to question had all been wrong in her location. Therefore, when she finally caught up with An'Ree wallowing in the attentions of two male slaves, the jabress was edgy with agitation and ready to lay her tongue in verbal lashing if she could have. Instead she made no attempt to give the threesome any privacy, and stood rather doggedly mere feet from them with glacier eyes boring into the priestess's head.

Normally she would have barked out a command to grab their attention, but for some reason she took perverse pleasure in making the jaluks painfully aware of her silent presence, which resulted in their near cowering away from An'Ree who hissed up at the Arms Mistress waspishly. "Do you have a reason for interrupting my play, and bringing that.. " She jerked her chin to indicate the goblin that groveled behind Iellwen. "In here?"

The smile that curled Iellwen's lips was cold and cruel, though it didn't touch the silver of her eyes in any manner, before she purr-growled a retort to the priestess in such a manner it almost sounded respectful... almost.
"That which I brought is to be put to the greater good of our house, and it is by your hand our Ilharess has requested it be done... so if you can find time in your 'busy' schedule to do the wishes of our Ilharess... I will help you in this task." 

At the mention of their Ilharess An'Ree instantly shooed the pair of males away from her, which they seemed glad to do as being in between this pair had proven fatal to others in the past, and then swiftly rose to her bare feet. Like Gwindolyn she made no move to cover herself, but instead turned around away from Iellwen, to look upon those things within her chambers she would need as it wasn't lost upon her what the goblin was for.

The moment she turned away though, Iellwen's glacier eyes fell upon that point between her shoulders where a precise blow would render the priestess paralyzed, and slowly licked her lips as the thought played itself out in her mind.

"Well then, bring it to the alter room and I shall meet you there... I have some things to obtain and some preparations to do... but I shan't be long." An'Ree spoke over her shoulder while stepping over towards a cabinet that housed her personal spell components. Stopping in front of it to glance back over her shoulder at the Mistress of Arms and waiting for her to leave.

"Very well then... but don't take too long or I will do it myself... and you know.. I can." Iellwen flashed a feral grin before pivoting so sharply upon her boot heels that the goblin yelped in surprise while backpedaling quickly lest he be trampled upon.  Iellwen seemed not to notice this in the slightest, and instead departed the room with all the airs of an Ilharess rather than the warrior she was so very comfortable in being. 

Once she reached the alter room she positioned herself near its center and waited so still she could have been a statue if it weren't for the slow rolling gaze of her pale eyes as they cast about the splendor of the room and noted the spiders which seemed to be growing subtly in numbers.

O/O's
Seeking
A/A

Dunnuck

"Do you know about them?" He repeated. "The raiders." He reminded.

Jessica...

"Really don't like it in there, do ya?" Jessica asked, approaching Kamaria and sitting nexr to her. "Understandable." She said, stretching. "Mind if I ask you a question?" Jessica wondered

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She looks at him a touch dumbfounded as he makes his words heard.  "No... No, I am rather sheltered, I'm afraid.  The criminal elements rarely reach my ears, except those that might be crossing my path.  It seems I'm a bit engrossed with keeping nature alive and the children cared for.  The others believe I should not be bothered with such trivial reports." She pauses with a slightly chagrined tone to her voice as the words "or at least that is their claim" slip from her tongue.  She only lets that hang long enough to drink a sip of her wine.  It was cooling, so she takes a longer draw than she had planned.

She brightens instantly as she looks back to her guest.  "I'm truly glad we could talk today.  I was going to go back to where I saw you to try to apologize to you.  You saved me the effort and graciusly accepted my apologies.  I don't want to cut this short, but the wind has whispered that your friends are waiting out of the city for you and I have to go be at some boring budget meeting for the city.  thank you so much for coming."  As if on cue, a few young elven girls enter the room.

She rises and hands her goblet to one “Linaya, please see to it that our guest finds his way out of our labrynth of halls.”  Her voice is pleasant and light as she feels like she teases the whole elven culture as she says this.  A twinkle in her eyes might back that feeling up.  “If you could be so good at to take him to the tree….”  Her name for the tree being a combination of ancient elven and tree, it was hard to hear let alone speak unless you knew both languages completely.  The young elf, curtsies and Freezya blushes at such honor given, but says nothing.  She turns back to Gabriel and says “I’m terribly sorry I must run after you have been so kind today.  But those silly boys don’t like it when I run late. ”  She looks to the sun and sighs “And I’m late again.”  She laughs lightly, like the sound of water softly babbling over pebbles.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

"Well, thanks anyways." Gabriel said before parting with Freezya. He exited the building and made his way out of town, finding Kamaria and Jessica talking. "Business done. Lets get out of here." Gabriel said with a sigh of relief.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She raised herself up from her position near the tree and dusted herself off. It had been a good while since the man had gone. Her first scornful thought was that perhaps that foolish elf had put to bed this human, he did seem to be one for the company of women in his sheets. But she quickly dismissed these thoughts, stretching a bit and tossing aside the peelings of the orange from earlier.

"You spent plenty of time apologizing." Kamaria said quietly, her foul mood still somewhat lingering on her bitter words as she turned away. "The farther from this place we go, the better I will be in behavior. So shall we finally be leaving?"

Dunnuck

"Of course." Gabriel said, leading the way back to the human city. Gabriel's mind continues to wander into the raiders. Would they even remember him? A small boy and his father? Were the same people even in the group still?

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

Night had fallen when they returned to the human man's house, stepping inside to find the place dark. Kamaria quickly discarded her weapons into the chair, undoing her hair and letting it fall in thick silvery waves around her shoulders. She moved through the darkness with precision, her drow eyes keen to the lack of light.

She turned and sat the food bag on the table, and faced Gabriel then.

"I'm off to bathe." She said simply, and grabbed her other bag she'd left behind and moved to the bathroom.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She quickly gathers what she needs. She regrets not being able to spend more time with the human, after all, relations are not something built in mere minutes.  She checks the sun and realizes she is in for another lecture about time and commerce and her lack of interest in either.   She grabs a brush and runs it through her long curls.  Her curls reaching to the back of her knees often get tangled and this tends to be a time consuming chore, but she doesn't have that time.  So she gives them a cursy glance with the brush, making the top layer looked brushed.  She dabs a bit of lily essance on her to hide the effects of the warm day.  She straightens her gown and grabs her pile of papers and dashes at a quick speed to the town meeting room.  A room in the center of the city where all are welcome to join and learn of the affairs of the city or have a say about discussions in progress.  The sun is high and beautiful and no matter her need for haste, she pauses to enjoy the beautiful rays on her face.  She sends a silent thank you to the Gods and Godesses and another prayer to the earth that she may enjoy the nourishment the sun provides.  A smile retakes her lips as the joy of life springs back to her eyes.  Her step is still fast, but her bounce is back in it.

I am Gwindolyn            

Drow Denizen

Quelthar is leaning against the tavern wall, his eyes surveying the coming and goings of people to and from the palace. He wears his wood elven illusion, made to look exhausted and wounded.
As he spots Freezya emerging from the gate he pushes himself off the wall and follows her. He affects a weary stumble into his gait as he waits for an opportune moment. When the chance comes he intentionally stumbles into her head on, letting his feet fall out from under him so he tumbles into her chest and arms, clinging to her as if desperate and exhausted.
His eyes are wide with desperation as he gasps to her in the elven tongue - speaking it perfectly by way of his Tongues spell. "My Lady, you must help me..!" The compulsion of his charm spell tugs on her mind, trying to sway her into being sympathetic to his plight. He feigns falling unconscious in her arms.

Gwindolyn

As she bounces along the path, an elf falls onto her.  She is stunned, but catches him deftly.  Being a combat druid, she is use to such events - but she normally expects them in combat.  Walking on a sunny day, less expecting of sudden collapses into her arms.

She begins to look at him as he begs for help.  Something tingling in the back of her mind warns her.  Had the drow not tried to charm her, she would have fallen for his ruse.  She speaks a soft enchantment to dispell magic.  She cast it too softly, underestimating the power of his spells and nothing changes.  She is very wary, but plays along for now.

Quickly she catches the eyes of a few elves near her.  "Carry him to the tavern and get him some drink and food.  Stay with him until I return.  Do not let him leave lest he try to move before he is ready."   'Or I've had a chance to question' her mind adds silently.  She continues to the meeting she dreads so much, knowing those guys are not going to buy the truth if her soul depended on it.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

Gabriel promptly entered his bed and Jessica entered the guest room's bed. "Shit." Gabriel cursed, remembering that Kamaria was to sleep here. He made his way downstairs and took a place on the bench. It was then that he realized it wasn't the late; it was merely dark. Jessica returned back downstairs, clothes bundled into her arm. "You getting in after her?" Gabriel asked Jessica. "Yeah. Hope she doesn't take too long, though." She commented. At this point, he briefly imagined the two girls in the shower together. "At this point, you're probably imagining me and Kamaria in the shower together." She stated. "What?" Gabriel asked innocently. "You're still a pervert, Gabriel." She laughed. "It's all in good nature." He commented.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She dipped into the water, her naked dark form relaxing as she dipped into the water. Her body relaxed as she dipped her silver hair into the water as well. She reached into her bag and drew out two bars of soap. One was a shampoo bar, basically, which she ran her nails over three times. Then she pushed the peelings into her scalp. She rubbed it into her hair, lathering it, then moving to take the other bar of soap and run it over every inch of her skin.

When she was done and rinsed, her hair glistened wildly in a shade of rich polished titanium, and her skin glittered with a dark arsenic gray sheen. She dressed into the shorts and white long-sleeve top, and tied her hair up into a thick damp knot on top of her head. She moved out of the bathroom, carrying her old things downstairs. When she came down, her long dark legs availed, she stopped and looked at Gabriel. Her eyes sparkled golden and she turned her head to look over him, her appearance much softer when she was both fresh from the shower and wearing very casual (and slightly revealing) clothes. Her scent wafted through the air, as she slid her bag down on the chair with the rest of her things, her soap and shampoo inside of it. Her scent was sweet and tangy, like lemon citrus and sweet strawberries.

"Gabriel." She said calmly, moving towards him, stopping before him. "How went it, the talking with the elven woman?"

Dunnuck

"It was..." He cleared his throat, eyeing her body. "A rather beautiful--I mean pleasent, experience." He said, stumbling over his words a bit. "She was much more forgiving than I thought she would be." He caught the delectible smell of Kamaria. He cleared his throat. "Something felt...off though. Revealing even." He said, subconsciously referring to Kamaria's attire. "Like everything was just out there. Like all eyes were in our direction. Tension...danger even." He ripped his eyes away. "Something wasn't right." He finally got out. Jessica let out a small giggle. "I'm going to take a shower." She told the two. "Maybe its your mind playing tricks on you." She suggested, excusing herself.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

With the elf carried to the tavern by some witnesses.  She trundles off to her meeting.  After much lecturing and some unpleasant work being done.  Finally, budgets are set and money is alloted.  The other councilors finish their pleasantries and start to part either alone or in small groups.  Freezya sighs with relief, gathers her papers and heads out. 

She starts to head home until she sees the tavern.  That reminds her of the strange elf.  She turns into the tavern.  She walks up to the keep and asks of the elf.  He demands payment first.  She smiles sweetly and produces a few coins.  His demeanor softens instantly.  She is shown to the room where he lays.  She looks his form over and he appears to be asleep.  She does not feel any tingling at the edge of her mind, but she is still suspicious.  She steps over and runs her hand through his hair to see if it is real.  As far as she can feel, it is real.  She puzzles over it.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She moved around him as Jessica disappeared, leaving just the drow and the human in the room. Her eyes almost glowed in the silence as she finally closed them, folding her arms across her chest slowly and rubbing her hands across her shoulders. She was tired, and images of Calanon still burned into her mind. She blinked them away though, focusing then on the sight of Gabriel.

"How so," She began. "What was wrong, the feeling? What do you feel about it all?"

Drow Denizen

Quelthar lies in the bed in the tavern, still feigning unconsciousness. The illusion conceals his wakefulness. Spells are at the tip of his tongue as Freezya enters, his body tense with anticipation; the illusory wood elf looks relaxed, asleep. She runs her hand through her hair, and he intentionally stirs a little.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She steps back a little as he stirs.  "are you waking?  or are you just shifting?"  She says.  Something keeps her a little wary.  She smells magic in the air, but this is an elven city, when is there NOT magic in the air?  She tries to relax for what harm could this poor little guy do?

"Hmmm.  I see no food nor water.  I shall get someone to bring those to you."  She turns to leave the room, but only opens the door.  There is someone out there.  She signals them and grants them a coin for the bill and a coin for them if they bring food and water for the elf.  She turns back and walks to the bed, her eyes looking for what her heart feels.  She sees nothing.  She decides to trust for now.

I am Gwindolyn            

Drow Denizen

His voice rasps, as if his energy has been sapped from him "I'm sorry..." He gasps for a breath, his dark tan features grimacing. "I did not mean deception - I.. I'm desperate, I need your help yet I knew you would not agree unless I coerced you. What I would ask, no one would agree to." He feigns a shuddering cough.

The fake humbleness and openness does not come easy to him, but drow males are if nothing else good actors. Practiced at hiding their true thoughts, saying what will please their listeners.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

She listens to his apologies and settles a bit.  Perhaps she was being paranoid.  "Please, what is it you need?"  Her heart melts at the soft pleading, but she does not apologize for her assumptions yet.  She has yet to fully dismiss the nagging warning flags waving like mad in the back of her mind.  She just finds nothing to support their frantic whispers of danger either.

At his cough, Freezya takes the glass of water from the tray and brings it to his mouth.  She sits next to the elf and places a hand under his head, lifting it lightly.  "here, drink some water to wet your mouth.  That will allow you to talk a bit freer."

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

His mind recalled a citizen that always lingered around Feezya, and he mentally noted each incident. "Like the silence before the storm." He commented. "Get your sword, we need to go back." He said, rising quickly. "I think there maybe an assassination attempt tonight."

Drow Denizen

He drinks only lightly from the glass, wary of drinking anything offered by others. "My kin, my family, my friends, they.." His voice quavers slightly before he goes on. "They were all taken." He looks up at her, willing his illusory guise to look stricken with panic and pleading. "They asked for you. I don't know you, but they asked for you to come." He feigns a deep shuddering sob coursing through his body, looking down as if ashamed.

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria

Her eyes widened and she felt her lips forming a fine line as she could only express distaste. She glared hard at Gabriel, did he think she wanted to go back? She, for a moment, realized that same thing in her mind that she told herself daily. No one cares about a homeless drow traveler. Not a single person. She shook her head, licking her lip and shrugging.

"Let me go put my armor on once more, if I'm going to be chasing you in the night to fight for the very race that destroyed me." She whispered lowly, turning away and rubbing the scar on her face as she moved up to change into her leather corset over her white top and slid on her boots, and strapped on the rest, letting her be as she was to leave.

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

"Me?  Why would they want me?  I'm not of any special import." She speaks as she gathers the sobbing elf to her chest.  Stroking his hair and rocking a little.  "Shhh... calm yourself.  You need to rest and regain your strength.  Stay here.  Eat, drink and sleep.  We will go the day after tomorrow to give you time to be ready and me time to gather myself."  She pauses and realizes she forgot to ask a few things.  She glances down at the elf and draws him away from her "Where are they?  And who are 'they'?"  Her soft features take on a hard edge to stand testimony to her not letting these questions go.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dunnuck

Gabriel grabbed Kamaria's arm. "We don't have to go if you don't want. Especially on a hunch...a strong one, but a hunch nonetheless." He said to her. "I'm serious." He told her. "We don't have to."

Drow Denizen

"I.. I don't know. They just said they wanted you - I didn't even know who you were, they just gave me your name and I had to go and seek you out." He feigns another shuddering cough. "And the reason I know you'd never agree is because they are.." He looks down, willing his illusory face to look fearful, hopeless. "Dhaerow." He speaks quietly, still not looking up, his voice sounding fearful. "They wanted you to come in exchange for their prisoners - my family, my friends."

Iellwen

~Iellwen~

For all her apparent restlessness and nomadic nature, when it was important, the drowess had great patience. Far more so than perhaps anyone would have given her credit for. Not that she really cared what the others in the house thought -save her Ilhar- as they were mostly fools as far as she was concerned. So consumed were they with their little intrigues and continuous moves to manipulate their way up the internal hierarchy that often they seemed to forget the bigger pictures. Or at least it would seem to her. Then again she tried hard to elevate herself above and away from all the pettiness she saw. Convinced in the back of her mind that either she had some larger part in the scheme of things that hadn't been revealed yet.. or she was simply the forgotten pawn set aside because she appeared not to serve any deity at all.

Yet she knew how to serve one... had done so once quite well too, but that had been what seemed a lifetime ago... a different person entirely, and now she was caught in the cusp of things... waiting... always waiting.

When An'Ree finally entered it was to the glacier stare of Iellwen, who rolled her eyes slowly in the Priestess's direction with little to no emotion whatsoever. A fact that actually resulted in a dissatisfied glare from the other drowess as it had been her intention to be just late enough to heckle the warrior. That it apparently didn't succeed was an aggravation the priestess tried hard to hide but didn't succeed in time to prevent Iellwen from noticing it. The warrior was too astute for that, having been watching her since she entered the room.

So with a show of bravado and far too much flourish, the priestess strode forward with all the commanding airs her rank allowed her.  Making sure to cast her nose down upon Iellwen as she glided past her to the sacrificial alter just beyond them. Its ornate runes and emblems of the Spider Queen scrolling across its glistening ebony surface in intricate patters of silver inlaid with precisely placed rubies.

Setting out the tools of her trade neatly and in precise order, she lifted an elegant hand and snapped her fingers to indicate that Iellwen should bring the pathetic goblin to her. A command Iellwen ignored blatantly. Refusing to even shift her weight until the priestess turned around rather impatiently and spoke. "Bring him here.. you don't want to anger you Ilharess do you?" 

This Iellwen couldn't ignore and so strode forward without even looking at the goblin as she simply expected it to follow without question. So confident was she of her power over such lesser beings... at least in this house.
O/O's
Seeking
A/A

Gwindolyn

~ Freezya ~

Freezya leaves the elf at the tavern.  She meets up with the barkeep and makes sure he has enough gold to actually care for the elf sleeping in the room upstairs.  She turns her back from the crude establishment.  She shudders a little that such a place is actually run by an elf, so lowbrow and crusty in flavor.  Walking quickly with determination, she makes it to the castle in the center of the city.  Her home.  Ok, home to most the councillors of the city among others, but she has her more humble arrangments in the grand sculptured work of architecture.  The influences of nature are seen in the lines and the flourishments.  The building looks as if it belongs in a forest, part of it, not just stuck there for the view around it.

She makes arrangments for her departure and begins to pack.  Not knowing what she walked into she took her more benign looking weapons.  Druid book of spells with both healing and more aggressive defense spells.  She took two staves, one mellee and one with additional druidic spells.  She goes in search of her daggers and finds them hidden in a drawer.  She gathers her bow and arrow.  At least they will eat on the journey if it is long.  She impatiently begins to wait the rest of that day and the next out, giving the elf time to rest.

I am Gwindolyn            

Gwindolyn

~ Gwindolyn ~

With the sorcerer in line and Iellwen dealing with her warriors, Gwindolyn has one last arena of power to look to as she waits for the elf to willingly walk into her home and to her death.  Gwindolyn brings out her float disc and arrays her power symbol male slaves to lead her way through the city to the temple.  Her house was favored enough that her house females filled one whole area of the temple with priestesses.  She floated through town, ignoring all the lesser houses, on guard for any 'surprise' attack.  Air flow the deep caverns is minimal as always, but with a little cantrip her white silks and long braids flow around her.  The shocking color is not common as most drow prefer to blend in and hide, being creatures of the shadows.  She had power and strength enough to buck the norm there.  And her beauty was flattered exceptionally with white.  It was her color.  She was like a bright light in a dark room.  All eyes stop and view her.  She holds her head high as if it were nothing, because it was nothing.  She was very use to this treatment.  None dared attack her as she arrives at the temple. 

Once in the temple, she glides past all the guards and highly ranked priestesses.  Had she not become Matron herself, she would be leading this temple.  Lloth favored her well.  No one dared stop her or question her.  She didn't offer them a chance nor a glance.  She gathered her preistess together and took them to an extra-dimensional space that only she could access.  There she debrief them only a little.  Too much information leads to leakage of information.  Too keep her suprise she only tells them the bare basics.  They gather enough to understand their next moves and the need for secrecy.  Satisfied, she returns home to check on the mage and her daughter.

I am Gwindolyn            

Dreamers Sand

~Kamaria~

She looked at him suddenly, feeling his hand on her made her both livid and weak. She gazed at him for moments, taking a step towards him. She felt her heart race for a moment in the dim lighting as she reached out, her fingers stroking his cheek. The tall, lean drow cupped the side of his face against her palm, fingers brushing against his hair as she gazed into his eyes from only inches away.

"It amazes me, after all I've been through... How every place I least expect to find it, humanity falls into my lap, reminding me the frail treasure of life."

Her voice was a whisper and she stepped closer, fingertips drawing down and then to his neck, before pulling away.

"I will go."

Dunnuck

Gabe stood for a moment, in a daze. "Beautiful..." He whispered under his breathe, speaking of Kamaria. Jenny returned to them, armed and ready. She looked between the two. "Why so stiff? Lets go." She said. Gabriel grabbed his own blade and they darted off into the night. What had Kamaria meant by what she said?

They arrived late, and the streets were dead silent. "There is something in the air." Gabriel whispered. "Like a predator...hunting it's pray." He looked to Kamaria's golden eyes. "You have really pretty eyes." He complimented, the compliment being out of place and random, making it awkward. "Uh..." He added on the end. "I'm...sure they can see well in the night?" He added nervously, attempting to save him from embarassment. "Idiot." Jessica said to him.

Dunnuck

Passed the awkward silence, they continued, looking for Freezya

Iellwen

It cowered at first, a whipped dog uncertain of what to do, and knowing nothing would save it. Even in this situation, it wasn't eager to die, so shot furtive glances towards the doorway as if it were contemplating the idea of running.. of giving the pair of drow a little jilt in their plans. An idea, if it existed, that was quickly discarded as he felt the iron grip of fingers digging into the nape of his neck, and nearly hauling him, scrabbling and struggling, to the small yet well used alter. "Those who dally reap no rewards... " The voice came from above him, though its meaning was lost to the fear stricken goblin.

Practically flinging the pathetic creature up onto the alter with a soft grunt of expenditure, Iellwen set to securing him even as the command issued from An'Ree's lips. An ironic fact that only resulted in an arched brow as the warrior secured his bindings then stepped back to watch the whole proceeding with nary a hint of interest upon her dark features. After all, she didn't want to fuel the priestess's penchant for the dramatic too much, and showing interest would have resulted in a flamboyant show of zealous nature that Iellwen could rarely stomach.

Still... the show was grand, even for so little an audience as now was assembled. Iellwen... and all the spiders that had drawn nigh; their multiple faceted eyes shimmering faintly in the candle light as An'Ree lit the four that graced each corner. Whispering a soft prayer for the four directions to which Lloth's power spread, the priestess had lit each deep crimson pillar candle with a flick of her wrist. Coaxing deep violet flames from them that seemed almost harsh upon the surrounding walls, and caused the shadows to dance about them in obscene contortions. Almost giving the illusion that the arachnid that surrounded in little clusters were more of an army, a sea of tiny pincered beings that scuttled and shifted across the ground and walls with growing numbers.

Iellwen ignored them. Her attention purely focused upon An'Ree and the way she lifted the ceremonial serrated dagger before her and proceeded to chant praises to the Spider Queen, before slicing a thin crimson line across the palm of her hand and smearing it across the writhing goblin's forehead. When she reached out an expectant hand for Iellwen though, the warrior narrowed her eyes suspiciously. Reluctant to allow An'Ree to make a cut across her own palm lest the bitch cut too deeply and sever tendons. "Let me remind you.. you make any slips and its my Ilhar you will report to... " The threat was made, low and growling as Iellwen removed her glove and offered out her hand.

An'Ree paused, the cool blade a feather across Iellwen's palm as both drow locked eyes, silver to crimson, and silently tried to stare each other down in a battle of wills. In the end it was the priestess who dropped her gaze as she cradled Iellwen's hand in her own and drew the blade across the softly calloused flesh to draw a thin, and shallow line.  Iellwen grinned smugly for a moment as the expression was not viewed, but as soon as An'Ree lifted her eyes, all she saw was the placid expression of a warrior.

Without being told Iellwen added her own blood to that upon the panic stricken goblin's temple, and then stepped back to whisper her own healing incantation so as to prevent any more blood to spill as was necessary.  Her eyes once again focused upon the priestess as she proceeded to entreat Lloth for her favor in the upcoming endeavor, and to accept this meager sacrifice so that in Lloth's name many more worthy ones would soon be made.  The words came out in a lilting song, beautiful and haunting as An'Ree beseeched thier Goddess with as much of herself as she could offer.. and then she plunged the ceremonial dagger into the goblin's chest so quickly the poor creature lay dumbstruck staring up at her... even as its own heart was produced before its eyes.

When it was over, and An'Ree removed her tools and had departed, leaving Iellwen to clean up the mess... the warrior stepped forward and ran two of her fingers across the now still heart. Then lifted them to her face and proceeded to trace three sets of twin lines while murmuring soft prayers to go with each one.

"Dark Mother, grant me the wisdom to do what is needed, and the clarity of thought no matter the situation through battle." Parallel crimson streaks were traced across her forehead.

"Dark Mother, grant me the ability to not only see clearly what must be done, but to see through any guise or illusion presented to me." Just under each eye she drew more twin lines of blood, and then... she stepped back, her gaze turning to those tiny eyes that watched her still. "Dark Fate, guide me as you always have... and show me my true purpose when you deem fit."  She licked the blood from her fingertips and then proceeded to clean up the remains. Dosing out each of the four candles before removing the carcass from the alter and disposing of it in the far corner where the spiders, and later rats, could feast upon it.
O/O's
Seeking
A/A