U.L.T.R.A. - BESM 3E

Started by AndyZ, February 18, 2012, 12:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

The year is 20X5.  Various technological wonders exist, from genetic splicing, cyber-enhancements, virtual reality taken to the extreme, and rumors of harnessing latent psionic energy.  Nearly everyone has a wireless datachip implanted at the back of their neck, performing all the functions of a smartphone as well as a number of other features.  What doesn't exist, or at least the claim has been made for so long that few even question, is the supernatural.

Of course, that claim is getting harder and harder to hold together each day, when one's very memories can be uploaded into a computer and sent out over the Grid.

Tokyo exists on a Fault Line.  Most only believe such places to be prime for earthquakes, but those in the know also realize that the barrier between the worlds is also weak in such areas, especially during a major quake.

There's always a threat to the security of Japan, which is why the Self Defense Force (SDF) has a secret branch called the Unknown Lifeform Tactical and Reconnaissance Agency (ULTRA).  Originally started simply to categorize such matters, it slowly grows into its own special branch of the SDF.  Sometimes they work alongside the SDF, such as dealing with gangers with secondhand power armor, but their true mission is to stay ready for when the next quake comes and all sorts of monsters from beyond start crawling their way out of the beyond.

This is a BESM 3E game, where all the players are either already part of ULTRA or will be recruited as their first mission.  I'll be using the Mythical benchmarks, with 350 BP.  Stats (Body, Mind, and Soul) can exceed the 5 for Attributes, but your Combat Values are capped at 9, as listed on the benchmarks.  You don't have to buy your percentages of points in the values listed, either, if you don't want to.

Human characters should buy the feature "Chipped" which will allow for uploading thoughts and images, as well as interact with the virtual world and similar types of stuff.  This will allow instantaneous communication over vast distances, sharing information and conversing.  If you know what a commlink is, that's basically what I'm going for.  If you know what a Torc of Unified Action is, you're basically assumed to have it with this thing.  Features cost 1 point.  You don't have to buy it, but you'll be at a disadvantage if you don't.

Being a grunt in ULTRA does not require Organizational Ties, but you can use Organizational Ties to have a fake license for the Self Defense Force or other agencies.

The job pays the Yen equivalent to $60,000 per year, but you can purchase Wealth as normal.

If characters are not human, they should at least be able to look human, or at least not be obviously inhuman.  Shoving a half-orc into a set of power armor with the visor down, or having a holographic projector that displays a human image, will work just fine.  Of course, with genetic splicing to the level where girls can choose to become neko, a certain amount of leeway is allowed to someone sufficiently near-human.

Please don't take too many Defects.  Ideally, don't take any at all, but I realize some people like them.

If you're interested, please give me some idea of what you want to play.  I'm thinking of throwing up a support character for transport, recon and overwatch unless someone specifically wants some of those tasks.  Also, if you like the general concept but hate some aspect of the world, let me know that as well and we can work on changing it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Syene

You can count me in!

Here's the character concept I was considering earlier:

A  young woman who fled through the gate from Enid with her sister. The sister was a Global Alliance psycho-slave and my character volunteered to become a mecha pilot, intending to find and rescue her.
[tr][td]
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Muse

Cyberneticaly enhanced teacher and martial arts sensei coming your way.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

Quote from: Syene on February 18, 2012, 01:52:46 AM
You can count me in!

Here's the character concept I was considering earlier:

A  young woman who fled through the gate from Enid with her sister. The sister was a Global Alliance psycho-slave and my character volunteered to become a mecha pilot, intending to find and rescue her.

The only issue I'm seeing here is that it's hard to mix mecha and non-mecha battles.  You might have had all that in the past, but would you be alright with your current setup being more a type of power armor, similar in some ways to what Iron Man has?

Presumably you've already rescued the sister, who can end up with either the Significant Other defect or as a Companion, if you choose.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Syene

Yeah, that was something I'd considered as a possible problem... I might be able to make that work...

Might come up with something different... I've been toying around with some other ideas as well. Nothing very concrete yet, but I will let you know. :-)
[tr][td]
[/table]
[tr][td]

Qt

Ah, this looks quite interesting, just have a question about BESM, is it a very heavy/hard system to pick up?

Syene

No and yes. The system is easy to play. Building characters is a little more involved.

I can't speak for the GM, but I'm happy to help people who've never played or just aren't too experienced with characters. :-)
[tr][td]
[/table]
[tr][td]

AndyZ

Sometimes the stuff is a little iffy and you have to ask the GM.  Unfortunately, the guy running this game is rather weird, and tends to make up slight rules tweaks for no apparent reason.

Also, he refers to himself in the third person on occasion.  I think he's trying to be funny or something.

For example, one thing I'm allowing that isn't 100% in the rules, one guy wants a hoverboard and is using the Skim restriction of Flight.  However, if he's falling from a serious distance, I'll allow the hoverboard to save him and to let him ride things out, even though it doesn't fully seem to allow that.  I think it's too awesome of an idea not to let, and Flight is rather expensive when compared to Land Speed as the other option for that attribute.

Really, though, I'm more interested in keeping things balanced than worrying too much about rules.  I want to see everyone having fun.

Qt, if you have the book (or get the PDF, which I think you can buy on DriveThruRPG) then folks will be glad to help out.  If you have a concept for a character, it'll make things easier to give suggestions, especially if you have some idea of what powers you want.

Qt

Thanks, Syene and AndyZ. I shall get the book and give it a read.

As for character, thinking of playing a tech enthusiast who is overly reliant on the datachip, anything else I think I'll have to read the book and see. c:

Zaer Darkwail

I still ponder my characther over today (RL DnD marathon session in eberron starting). But I thinked I could be one the 'monsters' which ULTRA had managed succeed recruit (kind same deal as Hellboy). He is able take any shape as dynamic power and his favorite is to act as white blue eyed cat which can talk.

Only during mission briefings he takes his full real form and in missions he takes his real monster form or humanoid form depending situation. He shapeshifter which has monster form and then super monster form as alternative form (meaning he powers up when he goes full bankai mode but he cannot disguise his appearance in his bankai mode).

Syene

No problem, Qt! Since it's a effects-based system, you can do almost anything you want, sometimes in multiple ways, so go wild with ideas. :-)

I'm still thinking on ideas for my character.
[tr][td]
[/table]
[tr][td]

avorae

I am interested in playing this game as well.

My concept I am toying with is a martial artist who decided to have some enhancements done to look more like a Neko but things went wrong and she ended up with more than just the ears and tail of a cat.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

AndyZ

Quote from: Qt on February 18, 2012, 04:22:26 AM
Thanks, Syene and AndyZ. I shall get the book and give it a read.

As for character, thinking of playing a tech enthusiast who is overly reliant on the datachip, anything else I think I'll have to read the book and see. c:

That could very easily describe over half the populace. ^_^ However, it certainly shows that you have the idea down.

What I might suggest (it's your char, so you don't have to follow this) would be that you managed to find out about ULTRA by careful examination and searching through the facts and clues that you've heard about.  Someone came to talk to you, only what they actually decided was to let you see some of the strange alternative reality technology that they've found.  You've since been able to piece stuff together with your technical savvy, making all sorts of cool stuff.

Avorae, we do have a martial artist already with cyberware, but if neither of you minds having more than one, I can certainly work with that.  And sure, mishaps do happen with the genetic splicing, especially if you got it done very early on.  You'll count as Marked, but you won't have to hide your nature, since those do exist either deliberately or accidentally thanks to splicing.

I would consider someone with blue hair in the current world to be Marked.  People have dye, so blue hair is possible, but it's certainly not common enough that you won't attract attention.  (This doesn't hold up in anime, of course, where so many people genuinely have blue hair; I'm just giving a comparison.)

avorae

I can always change her Job.. so that is not a problem. i just like the whole mishap aspect of the character.

AndyZ

Quote from: avorae on February 18, 2012, 05:10:01 PM
I can always change her Job.. so that is not a problem. i just like the whole mishap aspect of the character.

I have absolutely no issue with the mishap ^_^

Muse

*Smiles* 

I wouldn't exactly call Marco a martial artist.  More like a cyberpunk style Solo with an unusual origin (teacher.)  He fights unarmed, yes, but does better with monokatana and his favorite airsoft gun. 

But even if I were, I'd be a fool to have an issue with multiple martial artists in most anime inspired games. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Qt

Quote from: AndyZ on February 18, 2012, 05:06:29 PM
What I might suggest (it's your char, so you don't have to follow this) would be that you managed to find out about ULTRA by careful examination and searching through the facts and clues that you've heard about.  Someone came to talk to you, only what they actually decided was to let you see some of the strange alternative reality technology that they've found.  You've since been able to piece stuff together with your technical savvy, making all sorts of cool stuff.

Thanks, I think I will take up on that suggestion. Certainly the promise of alternate tech is enough to make my character sell his soul. c:

avorae

Quote from: Muse on February 18, 2012, 05:39:31 PM
*Smiles* 

I wouldn't exactly call Marco a martial artist.  More like a cyberpunk style Solo with an unusual origin (teacher.)  He fights unarmed, yes, but does better with monokatana and his favorite airsoft gun. 

But even if I were, I'd be a fool to have an issue with multiple martial artists in most anime inspired games.

Martial arts it is then...

AndyZ

Here's the NPC I'm looking at, although if she ends up encroaching on other peoples' characters, I can weaken or remove her.  I didn't really make her a character sheet because I figure she'll be a plot device more often than actually participating in battles.

Theta

Back when Nori was an ordinary girl, she was always tinkering, making machines and helping to find state-of-the-art technology.  She made dozens of devices, but most of them just didn't work.  Her most famous devices, however, were some crude (by modern standards) robotics which require constant Datachip interface.  Artificial Intelligence sometimes forms, but it tends to lack for what most humans would consider to be a true person, and it's currently a hit and miss science.

What would have made her famous had she been allowed the fame of her station, however, is her teleportation device.  It worked fine on inanimate matter, but when she tried it on herself, she got...stuck...in the machine, her consciousness drifting amidst the binary code.

She still had a connection to her drones, and she's since fixed the teleporter, but her body had to be cloned and chemically regrown.  Before she even had a chance to try to rewire back into her own mind, however, she'd discovered the secrets of UTRA, and had been proven herself capable enough to be given the opportunity to join their ranks.

Unfortunately, when they attempted to bring her back into her body, the process didn't quite work.  They blamed it on not understanding the process, but deep down, she knew that she didn't really want to go back.  Here in the machine, she could be everywhere, see everything, think so much faster and remember so much more than she ever could before.  It gives her a life where she would truly be happy...if she really felt emotions the way that she used to.

Theta, as she now calls herself, tends to work overwatch, her myriad of drones watching over the area for threats.  As soon as a problem arises, she can let the rest of ULTRA know in order to get everyone ready, using her teleporter to get there as well as call people back in the event of an emergency.

One of the big human things that she's starting to forget, however, the more time she spends in the machine, is privacy.  With so much information already at her fingertips, it's far too easy to get curious, to sneak a peek in the shower to see someone, to read a diary, or sometimes just ask an inappropriate question.  It's not something she deliberately does, but it's getting harder and harder to remember what being just human is like.

Wheresmycow

If there's still room, I was thinking of a gunner or sniper concept.  Not sure exactly what he'll turn out like, but someone shooty.  Just to double check, there are psychic powers allowed?
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

AndyZ

Psychic powers are allowed.  They're not overly common, though, and you may want to explain how you got them.

Wheresmycow

I was thinking drugs and scientific experimentation.  Opened up his brain pan and tinkered with it.  But I'm not 100% certain I'll have them.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

AndyZ

Good enough reason for me ^_^

Syene

I believe I shall play someone with Insubstantial and Invisibility. She was a student working with a scientist on research on the existsnce of other realities and was the only survivor of a lab accident which left her partially in this plane and partially in another.

Do you have any particular format for character sheets, Andy?
[tr][td]
[/table]
[tr][td]

AndyZ

Semi-Permanent I assume?

No real format for sheets.  I just want it to be legible, and make it easy for me to see how you spent points.

Syene

Yeah. I haven't decided exactly how it can be turned off yet. I will work on those details and maybe a sheet tomorrow.
[tr][td]
[/table]
[tr][td]

AndyZ

The Yurei template on page 120 has 8 levels of Insubstantial and Semi-Permanent at -9.  It's a crippling inconvenience that can be turned off at a cost of 10 EP/round.  She can't pass through sheer diamond or force fields, but anything else is pretty much nonexistent.

I would suggest that Invisibility is either Dependent upon being Incorporeal, Semi-Permanent as well, or something to that effect, but if it's Semi-Permanent also, you're looking at 20 EP/round to materialize.

I would imagine that appearing would be an act of will, pushing through the planar barriers for periods of time.  However, that's your call.

Oh, and if you don't take Special Defenses of Lack of Food and Water, they'll have special equipment to transport things into the non-space where your character is at.

If you take the Chipped feature, I'm imagining that as still working, but coming through grainy and indistinct, as if the signal isn't quite in tune.  No mechanical effects.  If it doesn't work for you, though, don't take it.  Either way, if you're alright with it, ULTRA will have Kirlian cameras and such so that the rest of the team can see you while you're there.

Of course, all this is subject to your approval; I can go with whatever you like best ^_^

Syene

Yeah, I was thinking pretty much along those lines... I'd forgot there was that template, though. I will definitely take a look at it. :-)
[tr][td]
[/table]
[tr][td]

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here comes my char;

Leo Ligras
Cat form
Humanoid Form
Warform (true form)
Species: Feline Shapeshifter
Occupation: ULTRA field agent, secondary occupation as low-scale manga artist
Specialization: Hand-to-Hand combat, pursuit and tracking, scouting, ranged combat specialist (in human form)

Charsheet

350 BP + 23pts Defects = 373

Body = 6
Mind = 5
Soul = 4

HP: 55
Mana: 45
Shock value: 21

Combat Value: 5 (9 with natural attacks or sniper rifles/handguns as human)
Defense value: 7
Damage Modifier: 5 (7 with natural attacks thanks superstrenght)

Attributes
Alternative Form - Human 9pts
Changes= looses Combat Techniques Deflection and Leap Attack, Heigthened Sense (scent), Melee Attack (natural attacks), Supersense (darkvision/low-light vision), Superspeed, Superstrength, Weapon (claw) and Weapon (bite) attributes. Leaving 84pts spread out for his human traits. They are; Feature (handsome) 6pts Combat Techniques (Dead Eye 6pts, Blind Shooting 6pts, Far Shot 4pts, Extended Range 2pts, Precise Aim 6pts, Steady hand 6pts, Weapon Encyclopaedia 2pts), Ranged Attack (sniper rifles) 12pts, Ranged Attack (hand guns) 12pts, Landspeed 6pts. Remove following defects; Achiless Heel (silver), Blind Fury, Easily Distracted (beast instincts), Impaired Speech (feline mixed talk)

Alternative Form - Cat 9pts
Changes= looses Combat Technique Deflection, Melee Attack (natural attacks), Extra Actions, Superspeed, Superstrength attributes. Leaving 67pts spread out for his cat traits. They are; Feature 1 (cute), Size Rank 2 (Shrink, 50pts). Remove following defects; Achiless Heel (silver), Blind Fury, Easily Distracted (beast instincts), Impaired Speech (feline mixed talk).

Feature (Chipped) - 1pts
Combat Technique - Lightning Reflex (4pts), Critical Strike (2pts), Deflection (2pts), Hardboiled (2pts), Judge Opponent (2pts), Leap Attack (2pts)
Defense Combat Mastery - 20pts
Extra Actions - 15pts
Extra Defense - 10pts
Organisational Ties Level 2 (respected employee) - 4pts
Heigthened Sense (scent) - 4pts
Melee attack (natural attacks) - 12pts
Regenration - 30pts
Special Defense - Aging (4pts), Disease (4pts), Poison (4pts)
Special Movement - Balance (2pts), Cat-Alike (2pts), Brachiating (2pts), Wall-Bouncing (2pts)
Supersense (Darkvision&Low-Light Vision) - 4pts
Superspeed - 12pts
Superstrength - 16pts
Wealth - 5pts (360,000 over the year)
Weapon (claws, 9pts) - Level 3, Penetrating 2, Piercing 1
Weapon (bite, 3pts) - Level 1

Skills
Computers (security/intrusion) 1 - 2pts
Military Science (Tactics, Inteligence Analysis) 2 - 4pts
Stealth 2 (concealment, silent moves) - 6pts
Seduction (physical, verbal) 2 - 4pts
Visual Arts (drawing, animation, photography) 3 - 3pts
Languages (English, Japan, Military Slang) - 3pts
Wilderness Tracking (forest, jungle, desert) 3 - 3pts
Wilderness Survival (forest, jungle, desert) 3 - 3pts

Defects
Achilles Heel (silver) - 6pts
Blind Fury - 4pts
Easily Distracted (beast instincts) - 3pts
Impaired Speech (feline mixed talk) - 3pts
Involuntary Change (from human/cat form to true form; Happens when undergoing serious negative emotion/trauma) - 4pts
ISM (being alien beast) - 2pts
Owned - 2pts
Red Tape - 1pts
Background

Under development....waiting for approval for characther concept.

DigitLninja

if you don't mind Zaer, I'll use your character sheet as a formula for my own once I get things set...
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Muse

Name:      Marco Jameson
Player:      Muse
Height:      6’6”
Weight:   336lbs
Sex:      Male
Skin:      Light Brown
Hair:      Raven black in a pony tail to his shoulder blades. 
Eyes:      Crystalline cyber optics that shift between the green and blue spectrums. 
Style:      Suit reminiscent of a boy’s school uniform and a black lather longcoat.  Mirror shades. 

(60)   Body   6
(60)   Mind   6
(40)   Soul   4

Attack Combat Value:      5 (7 with sword or paint ball gun.)
Defense Combat Value   5 (7 with Shield Arm)
Damage Multipier      5 (8 with muscle weapons.) 
Health Points:         50
Energy Points:         50
Shock Value         20

15   Armor (Homogenous) V: 10
16   Combat Technique VII:  Brutal II, Critical Strike, Far Shot, Hard Boiled, Judge Opponent, Lightning Reflexes I, Steady Hand. 
15   Companion I (250 pt Shoulder Dragon)
11   Computer Scanning V (1 Khilometer.)  (Activation -2, Concentration -4,  Deplete -3 (1 per minute.)
15   Extra Actions I
10   Extra Defenses II
1   Feature: Chipped
1   Feature: Personal Computer
2   Feature: Cyberoptics (Binocular Zoom, Low Light Vision)
2   Feature: Swiss Army Hand (Tool Kit, Grappling Cable.) 
2   Heightened Awareness +1
2   Heightened Sense of Sight +3
4   Jumping II: 10X Normal Distance
6   Melee Attack II (+2 to hit with Katana/Shinai)
6   Ranged Attack II (+2 to hit with Paint Ball Guns) 
8   Shield II (+2 DCV)
24   Super Strength III (4 Tons, +3 Damage Multiplier of Muscle weapons.) 

Items: 
10   Hoverboard (Flight=Skimming with Gliding III: 100kph)
7   Weapon: Katana
   --Damage 5
   --Penetrating 1 (-4 Armor)
   --Muscle
15   Weapon: Paint Ball Gun From Hell
Box 1 (Sedative)
   --Range 100M
   --Damage 0
   --Incapacitating V
   --Toxin III
   --Amo; 6 Shots
Box 2 (Acid)
--Range 100m
--Damage V
--Continuing III
   --Amo 6 shots
Box 3 (Webbing)
   --Range 100m
   --Damage 0
   --Entangle III
   --Amo 6 Shots

(3/)   +1=7   Acrobatics: Balance
(1/)   +1=7   Biological Sciences
(2/)   +1=7   Computers
(1/)   +1=7   Controled Breathing (Cyclic Breathing)
(1/)   +3=9   Cultural Arts: Literature
(1/)   +1=7   Domestic Arts (Cooking)
(2/)   +1=7   Driving (Motorcycle)
(1/)   +1=7   Etiquette:  (Upper Class)
(1/)   +1=7   Gaming: (Video Games)
(1/)   +1=7   Physical Sciences (Physics)
(2/)   +1=7   Seduction: Emotional
(1)   +3=9   Social Sciences: Anthropology
(1/)   +1=7   Sports: (Power Ball)
(3/)   +1=7   Stealth (Silent Movmenet)
(2/)   +1=7   Street Sense (Gang Activity)
(1/)   +1=7   Urban Trackign (Underworld)
(1/)   +1=7   Writing: Academic

-1   Girl Magnet I
-2   Marked II:  “I’m looking for a man six and a half feet tall.  His full left arm is a cybernetic replacement and airbrushed with two anime characters—an armored man and a cat girl.  His cyber optics are crystalline and shift through various blue and green colors in response to his emotions.  He’s Hispanic, with a Japanese accent. 

5 Open

Marco Jameson is the son of a prosperous middle management family working for Exodynamics.  Growing up in Neo-Edo, he was interested in the martial arts from an early age--particularly Kendo. 
    An accomplished and dedicated scholar, Marco attended the Yamamori Mega Academy.  Submersed in academia, he also played Roller Meteorball for the school.  He dated a girl named Kumiko who was a champion neomorph trainer.  On graduation night, she gave him the dragon egg she'd won in a tournament and he gave her an engagement ring. 
   With his teaching certificate, Marco took a job with the company going into Fault Zones to teach.  His third year in this career, he and his dragon went vigilante against narcotic's dealers in the school.  Earning the wrath of organized crime with extra dimensional ties, a minor demon was sent after him.  He defeated the creature in a desperate battle and reported it as an instance of Xyconal abuse.  This got the attention of an investigator from a group of specialists.  Before they could decide to approach him, the gang vented their displeasure on Kumiko, assaulting and ultimately murdering her. 
   Driven to the edge, Marco went on a murderous spree of vengelful retaliation ending in the death of a regional crime boss in an improptu explosion that nearly slew Marco as well. 
   Reported as dead in the fire by the Agency, Marco and his dragon were restored with cybernetics and cloned tissue.  Four years later, he has moved past his grimly vengeful emo shtick and is beginning to enjoy life again while working for the company. He's also started using the internet to do part time tutoring. 

Randor the Shoulder Dragon
--Body   6
--Mind   3
--Soul   6

Size:    Diminuative (+60 Points)
Size:  33CM from nose to tail tip. 
Weight:  222 Grams. 
--Lifting Capacity /1K
--Damage Modifier -12
--Damage Received +12
--Ranged Attack Bonus to Hit/Defend +3
--Range/Speed Multiplier /8

Attack Combat Value   +8
Defense Combat Value   +9

Damage Multiplier      5
Health:            60
Energy            45
Shock Value         12

(10)   Defense Combat Mastery I

(10)   Armor V
(15)   Extra Defenses III
(14)   Flight II (Spread)
(6)   Heightened Awareness +6
(6)   Heightened Sense of sight: +3
(50)   Teleport (100K)
(20)   Weapon: Fire Breath
   --Range 10M
   Damage 5
   Armor Piercing III
   Flare I
(5)   Weapons: Claws and Fangs:
   --Range 0
   --Damage +3
   --Piercing II

(9)   +3=9   Acrobatics: Aerobatics
(2)   +2=7   Performing Arts: Singing
(9)   +3=9   Stealth: Concealment

4   Open

Wheresmycow

And here's mine:

Isaac Manning

Species: Human
Sex: Male
Specialization: Sniper, close-quarters ranged combat

Body: 6
Mind: 6
Soul: 6

Combat Technique: Blind Shooting 2, Critical Strike 1, Dead Eye, Far Shot, Lightning Reflexes 2, Hardboiled, Portable Armoury, Precise Aim, Steady Hand, Two Weapons (24)
Extra Arms - Telekinetic 3 (3)
Extra Action 1 (15)
Extra Defense 1 (15)
Feature: Ambidexterity, Chipped (2)
Heightened Awareness 2 (4)
Item: Custom Sniper Rifle - Weapon 5, Range 4, Accurate 3, Penetrating 2, Piercing 1, Hands + Feature - Identity Verifier (10)
Item: Custom Assault Rifle - Weapon 4, Range 3, Autofire 3, Hands + Feature - Identity Verifier (7)
Item: Custom Assault Rifle - Weapon 4, Range 3, Autofire 3, Hands + Feature - Identity Verifier (7)
Melee Defense: Unarmed 3 (9)
Mind Shield 2 (4)
Ranged Attack: Long gun 3 (9)
Ranged Defense: Personal 3 (9)
Skill: Sleight of Hand (Lock Picking) 5 (10)
Skill: Stealth (Concealment) 5 (15)
Skill: Urban Tracking (Underworld) 5 (5)
Telekinesis 2, Range 3 (19)

3 leftover

Alright, before I finish this guy up, I wanted to ask a question: Two Weapons says you can only dual wield weapons you can hold in one hand.  I understand the reasoning behind this, because most people only have two hands.  But, with the Extra Arms attribute, would it be possible to use Two Weapons and dual wield say two assault rifles, because he has the necessary extra 'hands' to hold said guns.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

AndyZ

Just waking up.  I'll do an actual point count later.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 19, 2012, 08:47:56 AM
Ok, here comes my char;

Leo Ligras
Cat form
Humanoid Form
Warform (true form)
Specialization: Hand-to-Hand combat, pursuit and tracking, scouting, ranged combat specialist (in human form)

Charsheet

Body = 6
Mind = 5
Soul = 4

Damage Modifier: 5 (7 with natural attacks thanks superstrenght)

Attributes
Changes= looses Combat Techniques Deflection and Leap Attack, Heigthened Sense (scent), Melee Attack (natural attacks), Supersense (darkvision/low-light vision), Superspeed, Superstrength, Weapon (claw) and Weapon (bite) attributes. Leaving 84pts spread out for his human traits. They are; Feature (handsome) 6pts Combat Techniques (Dead Eye 6pts, Blind Shooting 6pts, Far Shot 4pts, Extended Range 2pts, Precise Aim 6pts, Steady hand 6pts, Weapon Encyclopaedia 2pts), Ranged Attack (sniper rifles) 12pts, Ranged Attack (hand guns) 12pts, Landspeed 6pts. Remove following defects; Achiless Heel (silver), Blind Fury, Easily Distracted (beast instincts), Impaired Speech (feline mixed talk)

Changes= looses Combat Technique Deflection, Melee Attack (natural attacks), Extra Actions, Superspeed, Superstrength attributes. Leaving 67pts spread out for his cat traits. They are; Feature 1 (cute), Size Rank 2 (Shrink, 50pts). Remove following defects; Achiless Heel (silver), Blind Fury, Easily Distracted (beast instincts), Impaired Speech (feline mixed talk).

Feature (Chipped) - 1pts
Combat Technique - Lightning Reflex (4pts), Critical Strike (2pts), Deflection (2pts), Hardboiled (2pts), Judge Opponent (2pts), Leap Attack (2pts)
Extra Actions - 15pts
Extra Defense - 10pts
Regenration - 30pts
Special Defense - Aging (4pts), Disease (4pts), Poison (4pts)
Special Movement - Balance (2pts), Cat-Alike (2pts), Brachiating (2pts), Wall-Bouncing (2pts)
Superspeed - 12pts
Superstrength - 16pts

Skills
Computers (security/intrusion) 1 - 2pts
Military Science (Tactics, Inteligence Analysis) 2 - 4pts
Stealth 2 (concealment, silent moves) - 6pts
Seduction (physical, verbal) 2 - 4pts
Visual Arts (drawing, animation, photography) 3 - 3pts
Wilderness Tracking (forest, jungle, desert) 3 - 3pts
Wilderness Survival (forest, jungle, desert) 3 - 3pts

Defects
Blind Fury - 4pts
Involuntary Change (from human/cat form to true form; Happens when undergoing serious negative emotion/trauma) - 4pts
Owned - 2pts
Red Tape - 1pts
Background

Under development....waiting for approval for character concept.

I was under the impression that the benchmarks capped Combat Techniques at 5, but since multiple people already have more than 5 levels in it, I'll count that as fine.

From my understanding, Weapons require the Muscle variable in order to get Superstrength.  Natural weapons don't need it, but natural weapons are level 0 unless you take the Combat Technique of Muscle.

Where are you getting Size Rank 2 (50 points) from?

Specializations come one per skill, not one per skill rank, though you can buy two extra specializations for an extra point.

Remember to pick up your guns as Items using character points.

Going to grab some food and I'll start checking over the others after.

As a side note, I noticed the Percentage of Points Allocated to part of the benchmarks, and I won't hold people to that if they don't want to use it.  After all, there's no way to spend 175 points on Stats.

Zaer Darkwail

You mean combat techniques 5 means max 5 different skills or total level different skills?

Also Leo has natural weapons and purchased them as weapon level 3 but they do not have muscle variant as they are natural attacks which have been just improved to be level 3 (and claws penetrating and piercing also). Size Rank 2 means that when I take cat form I can choose to shrink two size categories smaller. This case as cat I am tiny sized (otherwise you would have medium sized house cat). Also I pick guns as points also after bit clarification regarding combat techniques.

Syene

Regarding Combat Techniques, the book says: "At the GM’s discretion, the Maximum Attribute Level may be doubled for the following Attributes: Armour, Combat
Technique, Energy Bonus, Features, Force Field, Insubstantial, Sixth Sense, Spaceflight, and Special Defence" (pg 9). I've always thought the benchmarks should be a percentage of the maximum ranks possible rather than a straight cap for many Attributes. Besides, combat techniques are probably not going to break anything. :-)

Wouldn't a cat use the small template? My cat is pretty small, but he definitely weighs more than 2 kg... That's only 4.5 lbs, for us Americans... Also, the size templates are -20 pts, -40 pts, -60 pts...
[tr][td]
[/table]
[tr][td]

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I did not take size template but rather a power which allows me change my size one direction. So alternatively I could be medium sized cat.

Anyways if the cat is indeed small category then I have some points spared from that but where else spend it on cat form :P.

AndyZ

For each size category under medium, according to page 109, you're given 20 points.  So you'd be getting 40 points, not spending 50.  If you want to also be able to be a medium cat, though, then that's acceptable as well.

I'll let people spend a maximum 10 ranks in Combat Technique since that seems to be what people want to do.

Okay, I see where it says on Superstrength now that it does apply to natural attacks like claws and such.  I figured you'd have to spend Muscle to get that, but I guess not.

Quote from: Muse on February 19, 2012, 12:06:42 PM
Eyes:      Crystalline cyber optics that shift between the green and blue spectrums. 
Style:      Suit reminiscent of a boy’s school uniform and a black lather longcoat.  Mirror shades. 

(60)   Body   6
(60)   Mind   6
(40)   Soul   4

Attack Combat Value:      5 (7 with sword or paint ball gun.)
Defense Combat Value   5 (7 with Shield Arm)
Damage Multipier      5 (8 with muscle weapons.) 
Shock Value         20

15   Armor (Homogenous) V: 10
16   Combat Technique VII:  Brutal II, Critical Strike, Far Shot, Hard Boiled, Judge Opponent, Lightning Reflexes I, Steady Hand. 
11   Computer Scanning V (1 Khilometer.)  (Activation -2, Concentration -4,  Deplete -3 (1 per minute.)
15   Extra Actions I
10   Extra Defenses II
1   Feature: Personal Computer
6   Melee Attack II (+2 to hit with Katana/Shinai)
6   Ranged Attack II (+2 to hit with Paint Ball Guns) 
8   Shield II (+2 DCV)
24   Super Strength III (4 Tons, +3 Damage Multiplier of Muscle weapons.) 

Items: 
7   Weapon: Katana
   --Damage 5
   --Muscle
15   Weapon: Paint Ball Gun From Hell
Box 1 (Sedative) (2+5+3-1=9)
   --Range 100M
   --Damage 0
   --Incapacitating V
   --Toxin III
   --Ammo; 6 Shots
Box 2 (Acid) (2+10+3-1=14)
--Range 100m
--Damage V
--Continuing III
   --Amo 6 shots
Box 3 (Webbing) (2+3-1=4)
   --Range 100m
   --Damage 0
   --Entangle III
   --Amo 6 Shots

(3/)   +1=7   Acrobatics: Balance
(2/)   +1=7   Computers
(1/)   +1=7   Controled Breathing (Cyclic Breathing)
(1/)   +1=7   Etiquette:  (Upper Class)
(1/)   +1=7   Physical Sciences (Physics)
(3/)   +1=7   Stealth (Silent Movmenet)
(1/)   +1=7   Urban Trackign (Underworld)
(1/)   +1=7   Writing: Academic

-1   Girl Magnet I
-2   Marked II:  “I’m looking for a man six and a half feet tall.  His full left arm is a cybernetic replacement and airbrushed with two anime characters—an armored man and a cat girl.  His cyber optics are crystalline and shift through various blue and green colors in response to his emotions.  He’s Hispanic, with a Japanese accent. 

5 Open

Marco Jameson is the son of a prosperous middle management family working for Exodynamics.  Growing up in Neo-Edo, he was interested in the martial arts from an early age--particularly Kendo. 
    An accomplished and dedicated scholar, Marco attended the Yamamori Mega Academy.  Submersed in academia, he also played Roller Meteorball for the school.  He dated a girl named Kumiko who was a champion neomorph trainer.  On graduation night, she gave him the dragon egg she'd won in a tournament and he gave her an engagement ring. 
   With his teaching certificate, Marco took a job with the company going into Fault Zones to teach.  His third year in this career, he and his dragon went vigilante against narcotic's dealers in the school.  Earning the wrath of organized crime with extra dimensional ties, a minor demon was sent after him.  He defeated the creature in a desperate battle and reported it as an instance of Xyconal abuse.  This got the attention of an investigator from a group of specialists.  Before they could decide to approach him, the gang vented their displeasure on Kumiko, assaulting and ultimately murdering her. 
   Driven to the edge, Marco went on a murderous spree of vengelful retaliation ending in the death of a regional crime boss in an improptu explosion that nearly slew Marco as well. 
   Reported as dead in the fire by the Agency, Marco and his dragon were restored with cybernetics and cloned tissue.  Four years later, he has moved past his grimly vengeful emo shtick and is beginning to enjoy life again while working for the company. He's also started using the internet to do part time tutoring. 

--Body   6
--Mind   3
--Soul   6

Size:    Diminuative (+60 Points)
Size:  33CM from nose to tail tip. 
Weight:  222 Grams. 
--Lifting Capacity /1K
--Damage Modifier -12
--Damage Received +12
--Ranged Attack Bonus to Hit/Defend +3
--Range/Speed Multiplier /8

Attack Combat Value   +8

Damage Multiplier      5
Energy            45
Shock Value         12

(10)   Defense Combat Mastery I

(10)   Armor V
(14)   Flight II (Spread)
(6)   Heightened Sense of sight: +3
(50)   Teleport (100K)
   --Range 10M
   Damage 5
   Armor Piercing III
   Flare I
(5)   Weapons: Claws and Fangs:
   --Range 0
   --Damage +3
   --Piercing II

4   Open

Armor should be 14 points for L5 Homogenous, not 15.

You don't need to take Personal Computer as a feature.  It's part of your Chip.  If you want something even more powerful than your Chip, it'll be an item, which halves the cost of the feature and effectively costs no points.

The Katana is 6 points, not 7.  Damage levels are doubled (5*2) and then you add the points of Penetrating and Muscle, and then the entire Item cost is halved, round down.  (5*2+2)/2=6

Please fix the other attacks to have this two points per level of damage.

Paint Ball Gun From Hell is (14+4+2=20)/2=10 points, because the two other shots are secondary modes, and the whole thing is an item.

Flight 2 Spread for the dragon should be 15 points, not 14.  The -1 from spread is subtracted from the total, not from the per level 8.

AndyZ

Quote from: Wheresmycow on February 19, 2012, 12:24:07 PM
And here's mine:

Isaac Manning

Combat Technique: Blind Shooting 2, Critical Strike 1, Dead Eye, Far Shot, Lightning Reflexes 2, Hardboiled, Portable Armoury, Precise Aim, Steady Hand, Two Weapons (24)
Extra Action 1 (15)
Extra Defense 1 (15)
Feature: Ambidexterity, Chipped (2)
Item: Custom Sniper Rifle - Weapon 5, Range 4, Accurate 3, Penetrating 2, Piercing 1, Hands + Feature - Identity Verifier (10)
Mind Shield 2 (4)
Telekinesis 2, Range 3 (19)

3 leftover

Alright, before I finish this guy up, I wanted to ask a question: Two Weapons says you can only dual wield weapons you can hold in one hand.  I understand the reasoning behind this, because most people only have two hands.  But, with the Extra Arms attribute, would it be possible to use Two Weapons and dual wield say two assault rifles, because he has the necessary extra 'hands' to hold said guns.

Extra Arms specifically says that you need Extra Actions in order to get extra attacks, but you have that.  I'm alright with you dual-wielding guns provided that you have enough "hands" to do so, even if those hands are purely telekinetic.

You have Extra Defenses at 1 but 15 points, which implies that you have 3 ranks in it.  Do you have 1 or 3 ranks?

I do wonder how Ambidexterity is supposed to work with Extra Arms.  I'm willing to go with that you have two assault rifles, they go in your true hands for aiming, and you use your telekinesis in order to "brace" the weapons.  That's probably what you're thinking anyway, and 10kg is probably enough to brace an assault rifle.  However, I'm not sure if I'd let every telekinetic hand also count as a primary hand.

To make sure I understand, your Melee Defense kicks in when you're attacked by an unarmed opponent, right?  I'm not sure about allowing it when you're unarmed, especially when it's difficult to parry a sword with just your mitts.

avorae

Character Name: Mia Summers

Race: Bioengineered Human

Specialty: Hand to Hand combat specialist

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 200 pounds [Dense Muscle Structure]

Hair: Sandy Blond

Eyes: Green

Details:

In combat, Mia moves in a weird way - too fast, too strong, yet too stilted.
She also seems too small and *way* too thin in relation to what she does,
and her brusque moves are unnatural and stylized, like in some Japanese theater
styles. This strangeness is lost on most opponents, however, who will see Mia
mostly as a blur. Outside of combat she has proved to be able to be moving
remarkably gracefully, notably when she dances - but even then this seems weird as
she packs way too powerful muscles for her frame and moves too quickly.

Her body is also peculiar - although she still looks very attractive, it seems every
gram of fat (except in her breasts) has been replaced by compact, well defined muscles
a la Bruce Lee - her abs are particularly impressive.
-------------
Stats [150]

Body: 5
Mind: 5
Soul: 5

HP:65
EP:50
SV:13

ACV:5
[Claws:5] 
[Unarmed:9]
[Ki-Blast:8]

DCV:5 
[Ranged:8]

DAMAGE MULTIPLIER:7 

INITIATIVE: +9
-------------
ATs [176]

LEVEL   POINTS   ATTRIBUTE
+1      +1      Features: Animal Empathy
+1      +1      Features: Chipped
+1      +1      Features: Cute 1
+1      +1      Features: Low-Light Vision
+1      +1      Features: Retractable Claws
+1      +2      Heightened Senses: Hearing [+3 to perception for hearing things]
+1      +2      Jumping [Jump at 3x normal distance]
+1      +15     Power Flux — Skill Flux [Primal; All Skills]
+1      +12     Superspeed [Can run at 100KPH and adds +2 to initiative]
+1      +8      Superstrength [Can lift 1 tonne, adds +1 to damage multiplier, and adds +2 to body stat for strentgh rolls]
+3      +6      Tough
+1      +2      Combat Technique: Blind Fighting
+2      +4      Combat Technique: Brutal 2
+1      +2      Combat Technique: Critical Strike
+1      +2      Combat Technique: Deflection
+1      +2      Combat Technique: Lethal Blow
+2      +4      Combat Technique: Lightning Reflexes 2
+1      +2      Combat Technique: Reflection
+1      +2      Combat Technique: Tournament Encyclopaedia[martial arts]
+1      +15     Extra Actions
+1      +5      Extra Defences
+2      +4      Heightened Awareness [+2 to perception checks]
+2      +8      Massive Damage [Unarmed]
+4      +12     Melee Attack [Unarmed]
+4      +12     Melee Defence [Unarmed]
+3      +9      Ranged Defence [Personal]
+3      +11     Weapon — “Ki Blast” [Drain: Body 3, Range 1, Stun]
+1      +2      Weapon “Claws”
+1      +2      Special Movement: Balance [The character never loses his or her balance, even when running on a narrow rope or beam.]
+1      +2      Special Movement: Cat-Like [The character will take half damage (round down) from most falls and always lands on his or her feet.]
+1      +2      Special Movement: Wall-Bouncing [The character can move at regular walking speed without touching the ground by bounding back and forth between nearby vertical surfaces.]
+1      +10     Regeneration [The character regenerates 5 health per round.]
+2      +10     Wealth       
-------------
DFs

Lv      Bonus   DF                       
3       +3      Marked [Looks like a humanoid cat]
-------------
Skills[26] Specialities[1]
LEVEL  POINTS   SKILL
+2      +6      Stealth [Silent Movement]
+3      +9      Acrobatics [Flexibility]
+2      +4      Climbing [Natural Surfaces]
+2      +2      Etiquette [Upper Class]
+2      +4      Intimidation [Business]
+1      +1      Sports [Gymnastics]
+2      +2      Performing Arts[Dance, sing, Play guitar]

------------
ATTACKS
Name             Type    Level  variables                       restrictions         Damage
Unarmed attack   Melee   +2     None                            None                 25
Claws            Melee   +1     None                            None                 13
Ki-Blast         Ranged  +3     [Drain: Body 3, Range 1, Stun]  None                 30
------------
GEAR
Name             Type    Level  variables                       restrictions         Damage
------------
Points used:353
Points left: 0

AndyZ

Quote from: avorae on February 19, 2012, 08:47:56 PM
Character Name: Mia Summers

Race: Bioengineered Human

Specialty: Hand to Hand combat specialist

Height: 5'5"

Weight: 110 pounds

Hair: Black

Eyes: Green

Details:

-------------
Stats [150]

Body: 5
Soul: 5

HP:65
EP:50
SV:13

ACV:5
[Claws:5] 
[Ki-Blast:8]

DCV:5 
[Ranged:8]

DAMAGE MULTIPLIER:7 

INITIATIVE: +9
-------------
ATs [176]

+1      +1      Features: Animal Empathy
+1      +1      Features: Chipped
+1      +1      Features: Cute 1
+1      +1      Features: Low-Light Vision
+1      +1      Features: Retractable Claws
+1      +2      Heightened Senses: Hearing [+3 to perception for hearing things]
+1      +2      Jumping [Jump at 3x normal distance]
+1      +15     Power Flux — Skill Flux [Primal; All Skills]
+1      +12     Superspeed [Can run at 100KPH and adds +2 to initiative]
+1      +8      Superstrength [Can lift 1 tonne, adds +1 to damage multiplier, and adds +2 to body stat for strentgh rolls]
+3      +6      Tough
+1      +2      Combat Technique: Blind Fighting
+2      +4      Combat Technique: Brutal 2
+1      +2      Combat Technique: Critical Strike
+1      +2      Combat Technique: Deflection
+1      +2      Combat Technique: Lethal Blow
+2      +4      Combat Technique: Lightning Reflexes 2
+1      +2      Combat Technique: Reflection
+1      +2      Combat Technique: Tournament Encyclopaedia[martial arts]
+1      +15     Extra Actions
+1      +5      Extra Defences
+2      +4      Heightened Awareness [+2 to perception checks]
+2      +8      Massive Damage [Unarmed]
+4      +12     Melee Attack [Unarmed]
+4      +12     Melee Defence [Unarmed]
+3      +9      Ranged Defence [Personal]
+3      +11     Weapon — “Ki Blast” [Drain: Body 3, Range 1, Stun]
+1      +2      Weapon “Claws”
+1      +2      Special Movement: Balance [The character never loses his or her balance, even when running on a narrow rope or beam.]
+1      +2      Special Movement: Cat-Like [The character will take half damage (round down) from most falls and always lands on his or her feet.]
+1      +2      Special Movement: Wall-Bouncing [The character can move at regular walking speed without touching the ground by bounding back and forth between nearby vertical surfaces.]
+1      +10     Regeneration [The character regenerates 5 health per round.]
+2      +10     Wealth       
-------------
DFs

Lv      Bonus   DF                       
3       +3      Marked [Looks like a humanoid cat]
-------------
Skills[26] Specialities[1]
LEVEL  POINTS   SKILL
+2      +6      Stealth [Silent Movement]
+3      +9      Acrobatics [Flexibility]
+2      +4      Climbing [Natural Surfaces]
+2      +2      Etiquette [Upper Class]
+2      +4      Intimidation [Business]
+1      +1      Sports [Gymnastics]
+2      +2      Performing Arts[Dance, sing, Play guitar]

------------
ATTACKS
Unarmed attack   Melee   +2     None                            None                 25
Claws            Melee   +1     None                            None                 13
Ki-Blast         Ranged  +3     [Drain: Body 3, Range 1, Stun]  None                 30
------------
GEAR
------------
Points used:353

I'm guessing she's actually a lot more catlike than the picture?

Approved.

AndyZ

Oh, and where do people want the game set?  I was planning on Bondage but I can put it in NC if people prefer.

Muse

Revised, check my math please.  :)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Stats   160
(60)   Body   6
(60)   Mind   6
(40)   Soul   4

Attack Combat Value:      5 (8 with sword or paint ball gun.)
Defense Combat Value   5 (8 with Shield Arm)
Damage Multiplier      5 (7 with muscle weapons.) 
Shock Value         20

Attributes 127
14   Armor (Homogenous) V: 10
12   Combat Technique VI:  Brutal II, Hard Boiled, Judge Opponent, Lightning Reflexes I, Steady Hand. 
16   Companion I (260 pt Shoulder Dragon)
7   Computer Scanning IV (100 Meters.)  (Activation -2, Concentration -4,  Deplete -3 (1 per minute.)
15   Extra Actions I
10   Extra Defenses II
9   Melee Attack III (+3 to hit with Katana/Shinai)
9   Ranged Attack III (+3 to hit with Paint Ball Guns) 
16   Shield III (+3 DCV)
16   Super Strength II (2 Tons, +2 Damage Multiplier of Muscle weapons.) 

Items:  26
6   Weapon: Katana
   --Damage 5
   --Muscle
10   Weapon: Paint Ball Gun From Hell
Box 1 (Sedative)
   --Range 100M
   --Damage 0
   --Incapacitating V
   --Toxin III
   --Amo; 6 Shots
Box 2 (Acid)
--Range 100m
--Damage V
--Continuing III
   --Amo 6 shots
Box 3 (Webbing)
   --Range 100m
   --Damage 0
   --Entangle III
   --Amo 6 Shots

Skills:  45
(3/)   +3=9   Acrobatics: Balance
(2/)   +3=9   Computers
(1/)   +1=7   Controlled Breathing (Cyclic Breathing)
(1/)   +3=9   Etiquette:  (Upper Class)
(1/)   +3=9   Physical Sciences (Physics)
(3/)   +1=9   Stealth (Silent Movement)
(1/)   +1=7   Urban Tracking (Underworld)
(1/)   +3=9   Writing: Academic

-1   Girl Magnet I
-2   Marked II:  “I’m looking for a man six and a half feet tall.  His full left arm is a cybernetic replacement airbrushed with two anime characters—an armored man and a cat girl.  His cyber optics are crystalline and shift through various blue and green colors in response to his emotions.  He’s Hispanic, with a Japanese accent. 

History: 

Stats (150)
--Body   6
--Mind   3
--Soul   6

Size:    Tiny (-40 Points)
Size:  60 cm from nose to tail tip.   
Weight:  2 kilograms. 
--Lifting Capacity /10
--Damage Modifier -8
--Damage Received +8
--Ranged Attack Bonus to Hit/Defend +2
--Range/Speed Multiplier /4

Attack Combat Value   +7

Damage Multiplier      5
Energy            45
Shock Value         12

Atributes:  (123)
(20)   Defense Combat Mastery II

(10)   Armor V
(10)   Extra Attacks I
(23)   Flight III (Spread): 100KPH
(4)   Heightened Sense of sight +6
(4)   Heightened Sense of Smell +6
(5)   Special Defenses
   --Aging: Eternal Youth
   --Freezing Cold: 1EPD/6hrs
   --Freezing Water: 1EPD/Minute
   --Overhehating 1EPD/Day
   --Range 10M
   Damage 5
   Armor Piercing III
   Flare I
(6)   Weapons: Claws and Fangs:
   --Range 0
   --Damage +3
   --Muscle
   --Piercing II

Skills   (35)
(6)   +3=6   Navigation: Air
(3)   +3=9   Swimming: Free Diving
(3)   +3=6   Wilderness Survival
(3)   +3=6   Wilderness Tracking

Drawbacks (-18)
(-6)   Impaired manipulation:  Randor has clever fingers, but the claws get in the way. 
(-6)   Impared Speech:  Though his vocalizations are quite musical, Randor cannot articulate human speech. 
(-6)   Ism:  As a neomorph, Randor has no more rights than any other pet. 

AndyZ

Few things I missed the first time around, Muse.  I'm filling you in on Skype.

Syene

Either bondage or non-con (exotic, I'm  guessing) is fine with me. It depends on how nasty you want to be and/or how nasty the player characters are allowed to be.
[tr][td]
[/table]
[tr][td]

Muse

NC-Exotic is good fun in my book, though it would be more fun if I'd played a gal. 

He's done: 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Stats   
(60)   Body   6
(60)   Mind   6
(40)   Soul   4

Attack Combat Value:      5 (8 with sword or paint ball gun.)
Defense Combat Value   5 (9 with Shield Arm)
Damage Multiplier      5 (7 with muscle weapons.) 
Shock Value         20

Attributes
14   Armor (Homogenous) V: 10
12   Combat Technique VI:  Brutal II, Hard Boiled, Judge Opponent, Lightning Reflexes I, Steady Hand. 
7   Computer Scanning IV (100 Meters.)  (Activation -2, Concentration -4,  Deplete -3 (1 per minute.)
5   Extra Defenses I
9   Melee Attack III (+3 to hit with Katana/Shinai)
9   Ranged Attack III (+3 to hit with Paint Ball Guns) 
16   Shield IV (+4 DCV)
16   Super Strength II (2 Tons, +2 Damage Multiplier of Muscle weapons.) 

Items:  27
11   Hoverboard
   --Flight (Skimming with Gliding) III: 100kph
6   Weapon: Katana
   --Damage 5
   --Muscle
10   Weapon: Paint Ball Gun From Hell
Box 1 (Sedative)
   --Range 100M
   --Damage 0
   --Incapacitating V
   --Toxin III
   --Amo; 6 Shots
Box 2 (Acid)
--Range 100m
--Damage V
--Continuing III
   --Amo 6 shots
Box 3 (Webbing)
   --Range 100m
   --Damage 0
   --Entangle III
   --Amo 6 Shots

Skills:
(3/)   +3=9   Acrobatics: Balance
(2/)   +3=9   Computers
(1/)   +1=7   Controlled Breathing (Cyclic Breathing)
(1/)   +3=9   Etiquette:  (Upper Class)
(1/)   +1=7   Languages: (English, Japanese) 
(1/)   +3=9   Physical Sciences (Physics)
(3/)   +1=7   Stealth (Silent Movement)
(1/)   +1=7   Urban Tracking (Underworld)
(1/)   +3=9   Writing: Academic

-2   Marked II:  “I’m looking for a man six and a half feet tall.  His full left arm is a cybernetic replacement airbrushed with two anime characters—an armored man and a cat girl.  His cyber optics are crystalline and shift through various blue and green colors in response to his emotions.  He’s Hispanic, with a Japanese accent. 

History: 

Stats
--Body   6
--Mind   3
--Soul   6

Size:    Tiny
Size:  60 cm from nose to tail tip.   
Weight:  2 kilograms. 
--Lifting Capacity /10
--Damage Modifier -8
--Damage Received +8
--Ranged Attack Bonus to Hit/Defend +2
--Range/Speed Multiplier /4

Attack Combat Value   +7

Damage Multiplier      5
Energy            45
Shock Value         12

Attributes:
(20)   Defense Combat Mastery II

(10)   Armor V
(15)   Extra Attacks I
(1)   Feature: Binocular Vision
(1)   Feature: Heightened Sense of Sight
(23)   Flight III (Spread): 100KPH
(4)   Heightened Sense of sight +6
(4)   Heightened Sense of Smell +6
(5)   Special Defenses
   --Aging: Eternal Youth
   --Freezing Cold: 1EPD/6hrs
   --Freezing Water: 1EPD/5 Minute
   --Overhehating 1EPD/Day
(15)   Weapon: Fire Breath
   --Range 10M
   Damage 5
   Armor Piercing III
   Flare I
(4)   Weapons: Claws and Fangs:
   --Range 0
   --Damage +3
   --Muscle
   --Piercing II

Skills   
(6)   +3=6   Navigation: Air
(3)   +3=9   Swimming: Free Diving
(3)   +3=6   Wilderness Survival: Hunting Small Game
(3)   +3=6   Wilderness Tracking: Scent Based

Drawbacks
(-6)   Impaired manipulation:  Randor has clever fingers, but the claws get in the way. 
(-6)   Impared Speech:  Though his vocalizations are quite musical, Randor cannot articulate human speech. 
(-6)   Ism:  As a neomorph, Randor has no more rights than any other pet. 

AndyZ

Change the dragon's "(1)   Feature: Heightened Sense of Sight" to Night Vision or Low-Light Vision and Approved.

I think I'll just go with Bondage Exotic.

AndyZ

Oh, and if you're taking psionic powers, you'll want to take Detectable (Psionic).  Forget if I made that clear.

Wheresmycow

Quote from: AndyZ on February 19, 2012, 06:41:14 PM
Extra Arms specifically says that you need Extra Actions in order to get extra attacks, but you have that.  I'm alright with you dual-wielding guns provided that you have enough "hands" to do so, even if those hands are purely telekinetic.

You have Extra Defenses at 1 but 15 points, which implies that you have 3 ranks in it.  Do you have 1 or 3 ranks?

I do wonder how Ambidexterity is supposed to work with Extra Arms.  I'm willing to go with that you have two assault rifles, they go in your true hands for aiming, and you use your telekinesis in order to "brace" the weapons.  That's probably what you're thinking anyway, and 10kg is probably enough to brace an assault rifle.  However, I'm not sure if I'd let every telekinetic hand also count as a primary hand.

To make sure I understand, your Melee Defense kicks in when you're attacked by an unarmed opponent, right?  I'm not sure about allowing it when you're unarmed, especially when it's difficult to parry a sword with just your mitts.

I derp'd on the extra defense 15, it's supposed to be 5 for only 1 rank in extra defense.  I'll go correct that.  And the melee defense is supposed to kick in when he is unarmed, but I picture him more really good at dodging incoming attacks, and maybe parrying with his telekinetic hands rather than bare-handing it.  And while it'd be cool if each telekinetic hand counted as a primary, I'm not going to sweat it if it doesn't.  Although maybe I can spend on another point on a Feature to make them all primary?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

AndyZ

Sounds fair.  Two feature points to get Ambi-Tele-Dexterity.

You'll want to put Detectable (Psionic) for Telekinesis.  People with the appropriate Sixth Sense can sense psionic ability.  However, that'll give you a free point to put somewhere, and you can always take Sixth Sense to sense Psionic Ability also if you want.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: AndyZ on February 19, 2012, 06:22:34 PM
For each size category under medium, according to page 109, you're given 20 points.  So you'd be getting 40 points, not spending 50.  If you want to also be able to be a medium cat, though, then that's acceptable as well.

*sigh*

How many times I need tell you this; The size rank 2 is actual power/attribute which allows change size at will between medium, small or tiny. So it's not a defect or actual true size of the cat form. So if Leo wants to he can be any cat (coloring varies but favors white/blue eyes) which size varies between tiny (kitten), small (normal cat) or medium (a damn big cat, like lynx). Anyways 10 ranks in combat techniques? Ok, I just check my own math I fit under that category.

Edit; It seems I go past the combat technique limit as a human form; 17 levels in it. I think I can reduce it but then get trouble thinking where place my points then.

AndyZ

Yeah, I didn't realize you were taking Size Change at first.  Sorry about that.

Wheresmycow

Isaac Manning

Combat Technique: Blind Shooting 1, Critical Strike, Dead Eye, Far Shot, Lightning Reflexes 1, Hardboiled, Portable Armoury, Precise Aim, Steady Hand, Two Weapons (20)
Extra Action 1 (15)
Extra Defense 1 (5)
Feature: Ambi-Tele-dexterity, Chipped (3)
Mind Shield 2 (4)
Sixth Sense: Psionic (2)
Supersense: Telekinetic Aura 2 (4) + Feature 360 degree (1)
Telekinesis 3, Range 3, Detectable (Psionic) 1 (26)

2 leftover

Just to explain the Telekinetic Aura supersense, it's like sonar or radar except uses subtle telekinetic pulses all around him.  I suspect anyone with telekinetic powers would be able to sense them, or really high tactile sensitivy, but I don't think it'd qualify for the Detectable restriction due to such a narrow range.

But yes, changes: Extra defense priced right now, which gave me a lovely 10 points back; cut down on combat techniques, because I was over; increased Telekinesis, so he's packing 100 kg instead of 10; enhanced him to ambi-tele-dexterity; and gave him both sixth sense psionic and a supersense.  Two points left to spare.  Would melee defense unarmed be cool now since his telekinesis has more oomph to it?  And would his tele-hands be able to hold the guns on their own right?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, why I think telekinetic 'aura' which senses like radar sounds same as you touch/feel everything around you. In effect groping each and everyone's body gently with telekinetic force.

AndyZ

Quote from: Wheresmycow on February 20, 2012, 01:00:18 AM
Isaac Manning

Combat Technique: Blind Shooting 1, Critical Strike, Dead Eye, Far Shot, Lightning Reflexes 1, Hardboiled, Portable Armoury, Precise Aim, Steady Hand, Two Weapons (20)
Extra Action 1 (15)
Extra Defense 1 (5)
Feature: Ambi-Tele-dexterity, Chipped (3)
Mind Shield 2 (4)
Supersense: Telekinetic Aura 2 (4) + Feature 360 degree (1)

2 leftover

Just to explain the Telekinetic Aura supersense, it's like sonar or radar except uses subtle telekinetic pulses all around him.  I suspect anyone with telekinetic powers would be able to sense them, or really high tactile sensitivy, but I don't think it'd qualify for the Detectable restriction due to such a narrow range.

But yes, changes: Extra defense priced right now, which gave me a lovely 10 points back; cut down on combat techniques, because I was over; increased Telekinesis, so he's packing 100 kg instead of 10; enhanced him to ambi-tele-dexterity; and gave him both sixth sense psionic and a supersense.  Two points left to spare.  Would melee defense unarmed be cool now since his telekinesis has more oomph to it?  And would his tele-hands be able to hold the guns on their own right?

I disagree; I think it would still qualify for Detectable.

However, if you take Detectable for the Telekinetic Aura, you'll have 3 points, which would be enough for the Melee Defense (Telekinetic) where you're blocking things with your mind.

How's that sound?

AndyZ

If nobody objects, I'll start up the IC thread as soon as we have three.  Nothing will actually happen in game until we have all those who want in, but it'll give a chance to chat and meet up with each other.

Wheresmycow

Huh, I didn't think of Melee Defense (Telekinetic).  Mind if I swapped all of the melee defenses over?  Because that is ten times cooler than just being dodgy.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

AndyZ

Melee Defense (Telekinetic) is fine.  Ranged Defense wouldn't really work, both because you'd have a hard time seeing the bullet fast enough to affect it, and because bullets take much more force than fists and blades to knock aside.  (mv^2)/2 and all that.

Bloody Rose

Mikaela Larina

Race: Human
Specialty: Magic
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 125
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Black

------------

Body: 4
Mind: 8
Soul: 7

HP: 45
MP: 75+25 =100
SV: 15

ACV: 3.8 (+5 if spells are used)

DCV: 3.8

DMG Multiplier: 5 (+2 if Spells were used)

Name                 Points/Lv          Explanation
Healing                 -19/Lv 5           +50 Restored Health (+10 Each lv)(Detectable -2: Emits a white glow on the infected area)
Supersense           -09/Lv5            Detection Range 100KM (detectable -1)
Telepathy              -29/lv5             Linear; +1 bonus each Level to Mind Stat rolls to initiate mind touch (detectable -1)
Six Sense              -09/lv5            Post-cognition (Able to see future events) (Detectable -1)
Ranged Attack        -15/lv5            +5 ACM when spells are used
Sensory Block        -09/Lv5            Blocks Sight,Smell, Hearing, Six Sense,Supersense (Detectable -1)
Armor                    -09/Lv5            +10 to soak dmg (Detectable -1)
Energy Bonus          -10/Lv5            +25 MP
Massive Damage      -14/Lv2           Focused (Magic)
Unknown Power        -20
Cute                       
Charming

Skills/Lv              Specialization
Occult/Lv2               Rituals,Witchcraft,

Defects:
Not So Tough/ -6

Magics:

Fireball (12 point spell)
Lv 5
Activation -2/Detectable -1
+5 Weapon damage
Area: 3 (10M)
Range:2- 100 M

Magic Missile 5point spell
Lv 2
Detectable -1
+1 Weapon dmg
Range 2 (100M)

Wheresmycow

Which is why I have the Ranged Defense (Personal) *thumbs up*.  Alright, neat stuff.  So switching all the melee defenses over, I still have 3 points left.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

AndyZ

Quote from: Zarazel on February 20, 2012, 01:18:27 AM
Mikaela Larina

Specialty: Magic
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 125
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Black

------------

Mind: 8
Soul: 7

HP: 45
MP: 75+25 =100
SV: 15

ACV: 3.8 (+5 if spells are used)

DCV: 3.8

DMG Multiplier: 5 (+5 if Spells were used)

Name                 Points/Lv          Explanation
Healing                 -19/Lv 5           +50 Restored Health (+10 Each lv)(Detectable -2: Emits a white glow on the infected area)
Supersense           -10/Lv5            Detection Range 100KM (detectable -1)
Telepathy              -30/lv5             Linear; +1 bonus each Level to Mind Stat rolls to initiate mind touch (detectable -1)
Six Sense              -10/lv5            Post-cognition (Able to see future events) (Detectable -1)
Ranged Attack        -15/lv5            +5 ACM when spells are used
Sensory Block        -10/Lv5            Blocks Sight,Smell, Hearing, Six Sense,Supersense (Detectable -1)
Armor                    -10/Lv5            +10 to soak dmg (Detectable -1)
Energy Bonus          -10/Lv5            +25 MP
Massive Damage      -35/Lv5            Focused (Magic)
Cute                       
Charming

Skills/Lv              Specialization
Occult/Lv2               Rituals,Witchcraft,

Defects:
Not So Tough/ -6

Magics:

Fireball
Lv 5 (20points spent)
Activation -2/Detectable -1
+5 Weapon damage
Area: 3 (10M)
Range:2- 100 M

Magic Missile
Lv 2
Detectable -1
+1 Weapon dmg
Range 2 (100M)

Damage Multiplier Max is 7.

Could you please list where you're spending all your points so that I can add it up?

Quote from: Wheresmycow on February 20, 2012, 01:19:15 AM
Which is why I have the Ranged Defense (Personal) *thumbs up*.  Alright, neat stuff.  So switching all the melee defenses over, I still have 3 points left.

Ah, right, you already have the Melee Defense in there.

Wheresmycow

Isaac Manning

Divine Relationship 3 (6)
Extra Action 1 (15)
Extra Defense 1 (5)
Feature: Ambi-Tele-dexterity, Chipped, Eidetic Memory (4)
Melee Defense: Telekinetic 3 (9)
Mind Shield 2 (4)
Supersense: Telekinetic Aura 2 + Feature 360 degree, Detectable (Psionic) (4)

Wanted -4

Alright, he is finished.  The divine relationship is meant to represent luck rather than being favored by gods and what not.  Background wise, I'll have something more substantial when I'm not really tired, but to sum it up:

He was just an ordinary person at first and a gambling addict.  Racked up huge debts, and in order to pay them off, sold his body for science.  Tons of drugs, surgeries and mental conditioning turned him into a psychic gunner.  Worked for the shadowy organization who did that to him for sometime before he broke free of his conditioning and escaped.  He now works for U.L.T.R.A under a new identity and everything, but the shadowy organization is still out there, hunting him to either kill him or even worse, bring him back.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

AndyZ

Quote from: Wheresmycow on February 20, 2012, 01:47:43 AM
Isaac Manning

Divine Relationship 3 (6)
Extra Action 1 (15)
Extra Defense 1 (5)
Feature: Ambi-Tele-dexterity, Chipped, Eidetic Memory (4)
Melee Defense: Telekinetic 3 (9)
Mind Shield 2 (4)
Supersense: Telekinetic Aura 2 + Feature 360 degree, Detectable (Psionic) (4)

Wanted -4

Alright, he is finished.  The divine relationship is meant to represent luck rather than being favored by gods and what not.  Background wise, I'll have something more substantial when I'm not really tired, but to sum it up:

He was just an ordinary person at first and a gambling addict.  Racked up huge debts, and in order to pay them off, sold his body for science.  Tons of drugs, surgeries and mental conditioning turned him into a psychic gunner.  Worked for the shadowy organization who did that to him for sometime before he broke free of his conditioning and escaped.  He now works for U.L.T.R.A under a new identity and everything, but the shadowy organization is still out there, hunting him to either kill him or even worse, bring him back.

Approved.

I'll wait one more day to give people time before throwing up the IC thread.

Bloody Rose

40 body
80 mind
70 soul
19 healing
9 supersense (-1 because of detectable)
29 Telepathy (Detectable)
09 Six Senxe (Detectable)
15 Ranged attack
9 Sensory Block (detectable)
9 Armor(detectable)
10 Energy bonus
14 Massive Damage
20 Unkown Power
2 Cute,Charming

4 Points Occult lv 2

12 Fireball

5 Magic Missile

(made a few changes as you said but there we go)

AndyZ

Quote from: Zarazel on February 20, 2012, 01:52:12 AM
40 body
80 mind
70 soul
19 healing
9 supersense (-1 because of detectable)
29 Telepathy (Detectable)
09 Six Senxe (Detectable)
15 Ranged attack
9 Sensory Block (detectable)
9 Armor(detectable)
10 Energy bonus
14 Massive Damage
20 Unkown Power
2 Cute,Charming

4 Points Occult lv 2

12 Fireball

5 Magic Missile

(made a few changes as you said but there we go)

Approved

avorae

Quote from: AndyZ on February 19, 2012, 09:26:13 PM
I'm guessing she's actually a lot more catlike than the picture?

Approved.

Yea she is very much more cat-like than in the picture.

EDIT: Ok found a better pic for my character...

ReijiTabibito

Is there a powered armor driver in this group yet?  Avorae made mention of it, but....

AndyZ

New pic looks good, Avorae.

I don't think anyone has powered armor yet, Reiji.  Want to be the group tank?

ReijiTabibito

Yep.  I'll do it.  I've recently been building PA drivers in another system, and damn is it fun.

Okay.  Build the armor as an Item, with all of the various Attributes together?

AndyZ

Correct.  Mythical benchmarks in place, except that Combat Techniques can be raised to rank 10, and you don't have to follow the percentages as to where you spend your points.

ReijiTabibito

Question.  What level of tech is available?  Are we still going with regular firearms, or are energy weapons present?

AndyZ

Energy weapons are good.

Generally, if the players want there to be something in particular, I'm going to allow it at the very least as a prototype that only the players have.  Energy Weapons are near future enough that I'll okay them for public use, though.

ReijiTabibito

Okay.  What about punching?  Normally the Punch weapon does Stun damage and is Non-Penetrating, but I would imagine a big steel fist wouldn't be like that...

AndyZ

Either assign the Brutal and Lethal Combat Techniques, or make the fist itself into a weapon with all the appropriate attributes.

Sessha

I was considering joining this game myself. But I was curious as to if you would allow for the Half-Oni template. Also where could someone get a copy of the 3rd Ed. book so I can look it over?
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

AndyZ

I'm going to say that Oni aren't from this world, but one or more could certainly have snuck through, possibly even becoming trapped.  You would either be an oni-human hybrid or an attempt by ULTRA to do genetic testing to weed out particular genetic traits in order to be able to splice those into people on a more regular basis (with the method as to how or why they figured out those bits being secret).

As far as the book, you should be able to get a PDF on DriveThruRPG.  Sadly, the main book is out of print and has been for about four or five years.

ReijiTabibito

Andy, what Genre are we using for skill costs?

AndyZ

Universal.  I pretty much always use universal.

Sessha

Quote from: AndyZ on February 20, 2012, 07:10:24 AM
I'm going to say that Oni aren't from this world, but one or more could certainly have snuck through, possibly even becoming trapped.  You would either be an oni-human hybrid or an attempt by ULTRA to do genetic testing to weed out particular genetic traits in order to be able to splice those into people on a more regular basis (with the method as to how or why they figured out those bits being secret).

As far as the book, you should be able to get a PDF on DriveThruRPG.  Sadly, the main book is out of print and has been for about four or five years.

Ah thank you very much. Just to let you know I would be a human-oni hybrid. I was thinking on some kind of ki swordsman.

AndyZ

Some people have similar characters, but I'm starting to think that there's only so many options out there.  It doesn't bother me having more if folks don't mind.  Also, I don't think anyone is half-oni, so that'll help too.  And good to know it's a true hybrid.

ReijiTabibito

Andy, do ULTRA operatives get a free sidearm or something?  Or do we have to buy that with points?

AndyZ

ReijiTabibito

Check it.  I want to make sure it's right.

Character Concept: Powered Armor Driver
Power Tier: Mythical (350 Points)

Stats
Mind: 7

Total Cost: 190

Health Points: 60
Energy Points: 65
Base Combat Value: 6
Attack Combat Value: 6 (8 Handguns; 8 Powered Armor Weapons)
Defense Combat Value: 6 (8 Personal Ranged)
Damage Multiplier: 5 (6 Handguns; 8 Powered Armor Weapons, +2 Superstrength for Melee when Armor equipped )

Attributes:
Combat Technique: 4 Points
--- Concealment; Judge Opponent
Extra Defenses: 5 Points (1 Extra)
Massive Damage: 4 Points (Focused – Handguns)
Ranged Attack: 6 Points (+2 ACV, Handguns)
Ranged Defense: 6 Points (+2 DCV, Personal)
Item “ULTRA Sidearm”: 5 Points (See Heavy Pistol in Book)
Item “Power Armor”:  102 Points
--- Armor Level 30 (60 Points; 60 HP)
--- Combat Technique Level 6 (12 Points): Far Shot; Lightning Reflexes Level 2; Portable Armory; Steady Hand; Weapons Encyclopedia
--- Extra Actions Level 1 (15 Points)
--- Extra Defenses Level 2 (10 Points)
--- Features: Radio (1 Point)
--- Jumping Level 2 (4 Points)
--- Landspeed Level 4 (8 Points)
--- Massive Damage (12 Points): Focused – Powered Armor Weapons
--- Melee Attack (6 Points): +2 ACV, Powered Armor Weapons
--- Ranged Attack (6 Points): +2 ACV, Powered Armor Weapons
--- Special Defenses Level 4 (8 Points): Flare, Lack of Air (x2), Toxins
--- Supersense Level 2 (4 Points): Infrared
--- Superstrength Level 2 (8 Points)
--- Power Fist: Weapon Level 8 (16 Points); Accurate (1 Point), Muscle (1 Point)
--- Laser Whip: Weapon Level 6 (12 Points); Flexible (2 Points); Penetrating (2 Points)
--- Laser Cannon: Weapon Level 6 (12 Points); Range 4 (4 Points)
Total Cost: 132

Skills:
Administration: 1 Rank; 1 Point
--- ULTRA
Area Knowledge (Tokyo): 1 Rank; 1 Point
Computers: 1 Rank; 2 Points
--- Networks; Programming
Driving: 2 Ranks; 4 Points
--- Motorcycle; Walker
Electronics: 2 Ranks; 4 Points
--- Powered Armor Systems; Computers
Law: 1 Rank; 1 Point
--- Criminal
Mechanics: 2 Ranks; 4 Points
--- Powered Armor Systems; Gunsmith
Medical: 1 Rank; 2 Points
--- Pathology
Navigation: 1 Rank; 2 Points
--- Urban
Police Sciences: 1 Rank; 2 Points
--- Ballistics
Stealth: 1 Rank; 3 Points
--- Silent Movement
Urban Tracking: 1 Rank; 1 Point
--- Corporate
Writing: 1 Rank; 1 Point
--- Technical
Total Cost: 28 Points

Defects:

Total Cost:

Overall Cost: 350 Points

AndyZ

All the Attributes other than Combat Technique are capped at rank 5.  Damage Multiplier is capped at 7.  Please lower accordingly.

Also, please explain why Melee Attack/Defense and Ranged Attack/Defense kick in when wearing Power Armor but are a part of the Power Armor, not a natural aptitude with the armor.  It seems like those would be innate training with the power armor, not qualities of the armor itself.

Oh, and if you missed the Feature of Chipped, you may want to look at that.

AndyZ

Actually, thinking on it, with Power Armor I'll let you double the rank 5 to have a max rank of 10.

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: AndyZ on February 20, 2012, 08:37:14 AM
All the Attributes other than Combat Technique are capped at rank 5.  Damage Multiplier is capped at 7.  Please lower accordingly.

Even Armor?  Having Armor Rank 5 for a suit of powered armor, which can't be any more effective than light modern body armor, seems a tad ridiculous.  It's supposed to be a walking tank.

Also, please explain why Melee Attack/Defense and Ranged Attack/Defense kick in when wearing Power Armor but are a part of the Power Armor, not a natural aptitude with the armor.  It seems like those would be innate training with the power armor, not qualities of the armor itself.

It represents a special targeting and combat suite programmed into the armor - a sort of targeting and combat computer, if you will.

Oh, and if you missed the Feature of Chipped, you may want to look at that.

I'll look over it if I have the points to consider taking it.

Okay.  Not a problem.  The Armor Rank can go up higher than 10, though, right?

AndyZ

I see your concern, but I also have to worry about balance.  If we have a combat where one person has lots and lots of armor and everyone else has rank 5 or less, we're going to have some problems as I attempt to balance out the antagonists.

Perhaps you're developing a set of lighter power armor that allows for a greater range of mobility, as well as letting you move through the city without the sheer weight tearing through the concrete?

ReijiTabibito

I understand that, but if my Powered Armor isn't allowed to be any more effective than Heavy Body Armor, unless the characters can't even get their hands on that, then there's really no point for me to play a PA driver.  And keep in mind, Heavy Body Armor, the Item, is the sort of setup used by SWAT officers and some tactical teams in the military.  It should be plenty commonplace.

As for the weight issue, that's actually covered by a Defect, the Awkward Size Defect.  Yes, I know, it relates to size, but the table for the Awkward Size values also lists weights for the sizes.  Table 7-2.  An object with no ranks Awkward Size has a weight of 50-150 kg.

AndyZ

I'm sorry you feel that way, although I understand your reasoning.  I hope you understand also that I want to try to keep things balanced without forcing everyone to have huge amounts of armor.

ReijiTabibito

I do understand.  And I'm perfectly willing to tone down the level of Armor I have, just as long as it's consistent.  I don't want to be running into NPC SWAT teams who have the same level of armor that I do all the time because it happens to be a common type of armor.

Long as I can stay on top in the armor ratings, and have pretty much the only thing with a comparable armor level be another set of powered armor, I can live without the massive armor rating.

AndyZ

Gotcha ^_^  I'll keep any NPCs from having higher than Armor 10, although some beasties might have Force Field and/or Shield as well once we get into endgame.

ReijiTabibito

Well, I'm not limited to having just Armor, I can pile on Force Field and Shield, too, if I want...but we'll see.  Gotta go back now and fix things...

Also, one other thing.  I know that the Damage Multiplier is capped at 7.  Does that include sources from everywhere?  Ex: The Massive Damage attribute boosts the multiplier, but for certain weapons, so does Superstrength...

AndyZ

Correct.  It caps out the final number for each particular thing.  Therefore, you don't want to have Superstrength buffing the same thing as you have in Massive Damage.

ReijiTabibito

So noted.  Now to consider whether or not I should keep Superstrength, since the only reason to do it would be for the lifting ability...

Syene

Drive Thru RPG has it. It's out of print in paper and hard to find.
[tr][td]
[/table]
[tr][td]

Wheresmycow

I know you're redoing the power armor Reiji, but I just wanted to let you know that you're old version was a little cheaper than you priced it at, in case you're only swapping points around.  If you have multiple Weapon attributes, you pay full price for the most costly one, and then 50% for the other ones.  So you'd pay 18 for the power fist, but the laser whip and cannon would be 8 points each.  So the item after all that would only cost you 94 instead of 102.

Admittedly, cap for attributes is 5, so the weapons would be cheaper still due to being maxed at 5, but yea, you'd get a discount.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

AndyZ

IC Side Thread - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=132592.0

People can use this in order to spend some time in idle conversation, as well as if characters want to head off for a while for some private time.

OOC Thread - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=132593.0

Once we have everyone that I think we're going to get, the actual missions and such will start up in an IC Main Thread.  For now, though, people can chat in the side thread.

I'm under the assumption that people know each other already, but if you want to get used to each other and such, the side thread is a good place.

Sessha

I'm still interested, but sadly after paying some bills and unexpected car repair (( >:( )) I'm out of expendible income until payday so I can't buy the one from DriveThruRPG, but I know a few people I can get a copy of the book from in the next day or so.  :-(

Muse

Perhaps I could be of service? 

I'm not available tonight, but if you'd like to send me a PM by tomorrow afternoon I could either: 
Meet with you on a messenger program and build a character with you. 
or
Send me a character history in PM and I'll build a character for you without need of exchanging contact information. 

Sessha

The first idea works fine for me as I'm still building the character idea in my head. I'll send you a PM with my contact information and we can do the talking via IM.

AndyZ

Please CC me so I can stay informed.

By the way, Muse, thanks for handling this.

Muse

I may still be free tonight when your'e ready.  But if not, I will be tomorrow afternoon. 

Wheresmycow

Muse, I think you accidentally posted an OOC comment in the IC thread.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

AndyZ

DigitLninja

Character Name: Zell 'Triple Seven' Jade

Specialty: Sniper Rifle, Long Distance Shooting, Sword Combat

Height: 6'

Weight: 215

Hair: Light Blond

Eyes: Grey

Details:

-------------
Stats [150]

HP: 50
EP: 55
SV: 55

ACV: 11
[Double-Edged Sword: +3]
[Sniper Rifle: +3]

DCV: 11
[Double-Edged Sword: +2]

DAMAGE MULTIPLIER: 5
-------------
ATs [172]

+3      +6      Armor [Random items and other lucky events provide protection]
+1      +12    Block Power - Unlimited [for an unknown reason powers can be blocked randomly]
+1      +2      CT - Dead Eye
+1      +2      CT - Deflection
+1      +2      CT - Extended Range
+1      +2      CT - Far Shot
+1      +2      CT - Lightning Reflexes
+1      +2      CT - Multiple Targets
+1      +2      CT - Precise Aim
+1      +2      CT - Reflection
+1      +2      CT - Steady Hand
+1      +2      CT - Two Weapons [Pistols]
+2      +8      Computer Scanning [1 meter]
+3      +30    Defense Combat Mastery
+3      +6      Divine Relationship
+1      +1      Features - Chipped
+2      +6      Force Field
+0      +1      Force Field - Air Tight
+0      +1      Force Field - Offensive
+5      +10    Heightened Awareness
+2      +8      Massive Damage - Focused [Sniper Rifle Attack]
+3      +9      Melee Attack [Double-Edged Sword]
+2      +6      Melee Defense [Double-Edged Sword]
+3      +6     Mind Shield
+3      +9     Ranged Attack [Sniper Rifle]
+2      +6     Ranged Defense - Personal [manages to dodge bullets by sheet luck]
+1      +10   Reincarnation
+5      +10   Resistance
+3      +6     Special Movement - Cat-Like
+2      +4     Tough
+3      +15   Wealth [3 mill]
-------------
DFs

Lv      Bonus   DF                       
       +     
-------------
Skills[28] Specialities[0]
LEVEL  POINTS   SKILL
+1      +1      Area Knowledge
+1      +2      Boating
+1      +2      Climbing
+1      +2      Computers
+1      +1      Controlled Breathing
+1      +1      Demolitions
+1      +2      Driving
+1      +2      Electronics
+1      +1      Etiquette
+1      +1      Gaming
+1      +1      Languages
+1      +1      Preforming Arts
+1      +2      Piloting
+1      +1      Riding
+1      +2      Seduction
+1      +2      Street Sense
+1      +1      Swimming
+1      +1      Wilderness Survival
+1      +1      Wilderness Tracking
+1      +1      Writing

------------
ATTACKS
------------
GEAR
GOW 2 Dual Pistols Ranged    2  n/a                            Close Range Combat    15 per weapon
Justice          Melee    2  n/a                               Hand to Hand          15
M-29 Incisor     Ranged   3  n/a                               Long Range Combat     20x5
------------
Points used: 350
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Syene

Name: Rina Saito
Sex: Female
Specialty: Dimensional Theory, Reconnaissance

HISTORY

The only survivor of an accident during a lab experiment dealing with dimensional technology, U.L.T.R.A. determined that Rina survived being sucked into the void between worlds only through sheer force of will. She is somehow trapped between this world and nothingness, caught in the barrier and only able to affect this world with considerable effort. U.L.T.R.A. recruited her immediately after they completed their investigation. She doesn't appear to have aged a day since the accident, something attributable to the fact that time does not seem to flow where she is trapped.

APPEARANCE

The majority of the time, Rina is completely invisible and insubstantial and is detectable merely as an attractive voice.

When in the ULTRA base or at another location where Kirlian cameras or other similar technology is used, she appears as a rather indistinct, ghostly, female figure. Kirlian cameras produce a faintly glowing aura or halo around her.

On the rare occasions she manifests completely, she seems to be a slim Japanese woman in her early 20s with long, straight black hair. She generally wears neat skirts and blouses.

character sheet in progress
[tr][td]
[/table]
[tr][td]

AndyZ

Quote from: DigitLninja on February 20, 2012, 10:41:14 PM
Character Name: Zell 'Triple Seven' Jade

Specialty: Sniper Rifle, Long Distance Shooting, Sword Combat

Height: 6'

Weight: 215

Hair: Light Blond

Eyes: Grey

Details:

-------------
Stats [150]

HP: 50
EP: 55
SV: 55

ACV: 11
[Double-Edged Sword: +3]
[Sniper Rifle: +3]

DCV: 11
[Double-Edged Sword: +2]

DAMAGE MULTIPLIER: 5
-------------
ATs [172]

+3      +6      Armor [Random items and other lucky events provide protection]
+1      +12    Block Power - Unlimited [for an unknown reason powers can be blocked randomly]
+1      +2      CT - Dead Eye
+1      +2      CT - Deflection
+1      +2      CT - Extended Range
+1      +2      CT - Far Shot
+1      +2      CT - Lightning Reflexes
+1      +2      CT - Multiple Targets
+1      +2      CT - Precise Aim
+1      +2      CT - Reflection
+1      +2      CT - Steady Hand
+1      +2      CT - Two Weapons [Pistols]
+2      +8      Computer Scanning [1 meter]
+3      +30    Defense Combat Mastery
+3      +6      Divine Relationship
+1      +1      Features - Chipped
+2      +6      Force Field
+0      +1      Force Field - Air Tight
+0      +1      Force Field - Offensive
+5      +10    Heightened Awareness
+2      +8      Massive Damage - Focused [Sniper Rifle Attack]
+3      +9      Melee Attack [Double-Edged Sword]
+2      +6      Melee Defense [Double-Edged Sword]
+3      +6     Mind Shield
+3      +9     Ranged Attack [Sniper Rifle]
+2      +6     Ranged Defense - Personal [manages to dodge bullets by sheet luck]
+1      +10   Reincarnation
+5      +10   Resistance
+3      +6     Special Movement - Cat-Like
+2      +4     Tough
+3      +15   Wealth [3 mill]
-------------
DFs

Lv      Bonus   DF                       
       +     
-------------
Skills[28] Specialities[0]
LEVEL  POINTS   SKILL
+1      +1      Area Knowledge
+1      +2      Boating
+1      +2      Climbing
+1      +2      Computers
+1      +1      Controlled Breathing
+1      +1      Demolitions
+1      +2      Driving
+1      +2      Electronics
+1      +1      Etiquette
+1      +1      Gaming
+1      +1      Languages
+1      +1      Preforming Arts
+1      +2      Piloting
+1      +1      Riding
+1      +2      Seduction
+1      +2      Street Sense
+1      +1      Swimming
+1      +1      Wilderness Survival
+1      +1      Wilderness Tracking
+1      +1      Writing

------------
ATTACKS
------------
GEAR
GOW 2 Dual Pistols Ranged    2  n/a                            Close Range Combat    15 per weapon
Justice          Melee    2  n/a                               Hand to Hand          15
M-29 Incisor     Ranged   3  n/a                               Long Range Combat     20x5
------------
Points used: 350

I'm guessing the Force Field is not an aspect of your luck.  How is it generated?  If you have a device which does it, it'll give you points back.

The Personal aspect of Ranged Defense implies having lots of room to move around.  In effect, room to dodge.  I'm not really sure how that would apply to your lucky talents.  Want to say that it's a combination of luck and dodging?

Special Movement (Catlike) is only one rank and requires only two points.

For each skill you purchase, you get one free specialty.  Please pick those out.

I count 186 Attribute points, not 172.  That puts you 14 points over, and you still have to spend points to get your weapons.

Pages 166-167 in the book have a bunch of different weapon possibilities, and it looks like you're going with updated versions of the Heavy Pistol, Longsword and Sniper Rifle.  A Sniper Rifle is a 6-point item, with the others being halved as lesser and dropping to 1, 2, and 2.  That's 11 points that you'll have to come up with, for a total of 25 if add the 8 from earlier.

Since one level of Block Power isn't going to help too much, I'd suggest dropping that as well as 13 other points.  Probably either the Computer Scanning or the Force Field, and then a level of Wealth to take you down to just 1 million.  However, your call.

Wheresmycow

Well, looking at the character sheet, he right now has a DCV of 10 for the double-edged sword, and ranged personal, which puts him over the 9 cap.  If he drops one rank of DCM, that's 10 points saved right there.  If he also drops Block Power, that's another 12 points saved.  Which leaves him with only 3 points left to save.  Wealth would be a good choice, gives him 2 points spare to put into Divine Relationship if he wants to be really lucky.  Though he does only have 8 ACV for using the sword and sniper rifle, so maybe he might want to drop some more elsewhere to bump those up to 9.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

DigitLninja

I have been working with Andy most of the morning ^^

My char is almost done and will be up in the char thread shortly.

Took me forever to get the numbers right cause my brain is shut off due to over working at my job...
Quotes to Live by:

Wheresmycow

Quote from: AndyZ on February 21, 2012, 07:53:16 AM
Pages 166-167 in the book have a bunch of different weapon possibilities, and it looks like you're going with updated versions of the Heavy Pistol, Longsword and Sniper Rifle.  A Sniper Rifle is a 6-point item, with the others being halved as lesser and dropping to 1, 2, and 2.  That's 11 points that you'll have to come up with, for a total of 25 if add the 8 from earlier.
Wait, the other weapon-items get halved for being lesser?  Does that apply to both of Isaac's assault rifles as well, since they're less than his sniper rifle?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

AndyZ

...yeah.  Did I forget to make sure you did that?

Halve the assault rifles' points and take the extra points for whatever.  Just PM me what you change.

Wheresmycow

I know exactly what to do with those points.  Do I round down or up?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

AndyZ

Round the item costs down.  A 15 point thing becomes a 7 point item, which is a 3 point secondary weapon.

Qt

Character Name: Yuji Ikeda

Height: 5'11
Weight: 170
Hair: Orange
Eyes: Red
Pic:

History
Born a typical boy of Tokyo Yuji grew up with an extreme interest in technology, growing up in the information age he excelled in computers, though his hacking endeavors had landed him in more trouble than he at first anticipated. His ego made him a repeat offender that managed to breach securities many times after it was patched.

Facing very heavy charges and possibly a long time in Jail he was saved by a mysterious offering, that he cut his old habits and join the ULTRA branch of SDF. Of course he was kept under close eyes, but seeing his interest laid in gathering information about technology rather than actually doing harm it was easy to have him being useful without causing any trouble. The access to discovered alternative technology allowed him to be almost indefinitely absorbed in serving ULTRA the best he could.

He doesn't interact too well with humans and usually prefers to be alone although he does have the tendency to get attached to people that were close to himself.

Stats Sheet:

Mind - 4
Body - 8
Soul - 6

Health Points - 50
Energy Points - 70
Shcok Value - 10
ACV - 6 (9 - Alternate Dimension Weaponry)
DCV - 6 (9 - Personal)

Attributes     
Computer scanning - 5
Feature - Chipped - 1   
Armour L4 - 8
Heightened awareness L4 - 8
Mind shield L3 - 6
Ranged Attack (Alternate Dimension Weaponry) L3 - 9
Range Defense (Personal) L3 - 9       
Regeneration L2 - 20 
Resistance L1 - 2
Supersense (Indirect) L5 - 10

Items     
Weapon - Level 5 - Range 2 - Stun     
Secondary Weapon - Electrical Blade - Level 4       
Force field - level 5     

Skills     
Burglary (Hot wiring, safe cracking) L2 - 4
Computers (AI, database, intrusion/security, network, programming) L5 - 10
Electronics (Communications, Sensors) L5 - 10
Forgery (Electronic, documents) L4 - 4
Gaming (Computer games, military simulations) L4 - 4
Interrogation (Psychological) L2 - 4
Navigation (Urban) L3 - 6
Poisons (Synthetic) L2 - 2
Seduction (Emotional, verbal) L3 - 6
Stealth (Camouflage) L2 - 6
Extra specialties: 4   

AndyZ

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I got now edit my char little. I do not have BESM PDF files now but remember some stuff out of memory (and checking charsheets). Anyways basic idea is that the guy is like Hellboy; a ULTRA raised/trained dimensional alien beast/shapeshifter. He has three forms; a small feline cat, strikingly handsome human form where he transforms into a real gun-fu expert. Then his true form which is savage werelion alike shape where he forgets completely how to use his gun skills (or is simply unable use guns in his savage form). In his true form he got quite several defects which are troublesome so he avoids enter that form if he can help it.

Leo Ligras
Cat form
Humanoid Form
Warform (true form)
Age: Unknown, raised and worked in ULTRA combined 45 years

Charsheet

Body = 6
Mind = 5
Soul = 4

Damage Modifier: 5 (7 with natural attacks thanks superstrenght or in human form with guns)

Attributes
Changes= looses Combat Techniques; Deflection and Leap Attack, Heigthened Sense (scent), Melee Attack (natural attacks), Supersense (darkvision/low-light vision), Superspeed, Superstrength, Weapon (claw) and Weapon (bite) attributes. Leaving 84pts spread out for his human traits. They are; Feature (handsome) 6pts, Combat Techniques (10 ranks; Dead Eye 6pts, Precise Aim 6pts, Far Shot 2pts, Steady hand 6pts, Weapon Encyclopaedia 2pts), Ranged Attack (sniper rifles) 12pts, Ranged Attack (hand guns) 12pts, Heigthened Awareness 2pts, Massive Damage (guns) 8pts, Landspeed 6pts. Remove following defects; Achiless Heel (silver), Blind Fury, Easily Distracted (beast instincts), Impaired Speech (feline mixed talk)

Changes= looses Combat Techniques; Deflection, Melee Attack (natural attacks), Extra Actions, Superspeed, Superstrength attributes. Leaving 67pts spread out for his cat traits. They are; Feature 1 (cute), Size Change (rank 2) (Shrink, 50pts). Remove following defects; Achiless Heel (silver), Blind Fury, Easily Distracted (beast instincts), Impaired Speech (feline mixed talk).

Feature (Chipped) - 1pts
Extra Actions - 15pts
Extra Defense - 10pts
Regenration - 30pts
Special Defense - Aging (4pts), Disease (4pts)
Superspeed - 12pts
Superstrength - 16pts
Weapon (sniper rifle, 6pts)
Weapon (military pistol, 4pts)

Skills
Military Science (Inteligence Analysis) 2 - 4pts
Stealth (silent moves) 1 - 3pts
Stealth (concealment) 1 - 3pts
Visual Arts (drawing) 3 - 3pts
Wilderness Tracking (forest) 3 - 3pts
Wilderness Survival (forest) 3 - 3pts

Defects
Blind Fury - 4pts
Owned - 2pts
Red Tape - 1pts
Background

Leo Ligras was found forty five years ago during interdimensional breach which through from other dimension a varied mercenary/military monstrous troops attacked and raided a settlement. ULTRA responded and deflected the invasion. However in mist of battlefield a ULTRA agent found a slain feline humanoid which had something crying in her armored backpack. Inside it was Leo, a baby humanoid feline.

The soft hearted agent secretly took Leo and started take care of him. Later on when he was discovered raising a 'alien' he told he raised him to figure out more about the alien species beyond the dimension by observing him. Also he had to write a warrants and also lots of paperwork for adoption and also permission to lend Leo for some non-lethal lab tests (no surgeries besides placing chip on him). Over time it was discovered Leo was superhuman powerful and very fast with keen sight and smell and also he aged very slowly. Around 30 he was a teenager in size but he then became full normal size in age of 40. Also it was discovered accident that he had vulrenabillity for silver.

What astonished most was that he was able to change forms. He could become from a tiny to medium sized feline cat or average sized human. he having completely different attributes in human form which he mimicked from one anime he had seen as a kid. A anime of somesort a gun wielding hero and when he mimicked his form, he mimicked his skills as well! But in return loosing all his true form superpowers. In human form he has not vulnerabilities of his true form while as feline he has only speech impairment. But it is known whenever he is experiencing strong emotional state, his slumbering beast instincts would take over and send him transformed to his true form.

Also there is one danger in his true form; a certain mad bloodlust which occurs whenever he spills blood with his claws or tastes it or smells great amounts of it. The feel, taste or texture of fresh blood drives him into wild feral rage which makes him randomly attack anything on sight to spill more blood! Because of this he operates in ULTRA only in his human form and if he transforms during mission it must happen when his super speed or strength is needed or need for his keener senses. Not for combat purposes until he can master his lust of blood which is tested regularly so he gets used to it.

AndyZ

Approved.  Make sure you add the IC threads (Main and Side), OOC Thread and Character thread.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I need finalize do I have 10pts sniper rifle or standard sniper rifle and a pistol. I do not remember their stats so well but then again he should do most damage in his true form (altough it's same as unleash uncontrolled berserker but sometimes it is helpful if he commands team back off so he can go full furry frenzy against stronger foes).

AndyZ

If you have a level 5 weapon sniper rifle with range 3, and the hands restriction, that'd be 6 points.  From there, you could get a pistol as a secondary weapon.  It'd end up being less than 4 points, though, since you halve it as an Item and also halve it as a secondary weapon.  I didn't catch that at first.  I'll let you get started on RPing and you can figure out the exact stats of the pistol when you have access to the book.

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, so it costs half? Nice, so my pistol could have some nice features. Anyways sniper rifle is going to be standard sort but consider halving of the points I could add something small extra; like armor/shield penetrating ammo.

AndyZ

Items cost half, round down.  Secondary weapons (weapons that you can't use at the same time you're using your primary) also cost half, and it's cumulative.

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa I see. Good to know :).

Sessha

Well I hope this character pans out everyone.

Name: Kira Kusanagi
Race: Tenshi
Weight: 130
Eyes: Amythist purple
Pic:

History: To understand Kira's history you have to understand Kira's story doesn't really begin with her, but with her family. You see Kira's is the grandchild of an angel that came through long before the establishment of the U.LT.R.A. branch of the SDF. When he came through he hid what he was so as not to alarm anyone in the human world or alert them to his presence. During his travels he perched himself on a nearby set of stones off of a road. It was here that he was sitting when he met Kira's grandmother, Yoshika. The angel who had taken the guise of a rounin first beheld her. Yoshika was the daughter of a local farmer and thus no one took notice of her, that is until one day she beheld the angel. When she looked at him something stirred inside her as she looked at him she got down on her knees not daring to look at him. This intrigied him. "Woman I am a ronin you owe me nothing." he said to her. She shook her head. "I am sorry I cannont. By the kami I don't know how to explain it but something inside me is telling me you are worthy of my respect." she said still not daring to look at him in the eye. This intrgiued the angel and he decided reveal himself to her. "Your insticts are not wrong my dear woman." he said reaching a hand down and tilting her chin up to face him and when she beheld him her eyes wepted with tears. So together they left and made thier way back to the farm her family tended where she asked her father to higher him and her father consented. After working on the farm for many years they eventually fell in love with each other. Soon enough she concived a child with him and that was Kira's mother Kasumi.

As Kasumi was growing up she began to develope powers like that of her father. She was a nephilim according to what the angel, who was now known as Danerial but Yoshika would always call him by the name Samanosuke. By this time Yoshika's home had blossomed into a full Shinto Shrine with Samanosuke as it's head priest. As Kasumi grew ad her powers grew she to ended up falling in love with a human samurai who she ended up marrying and then soon enough Kira was born. Now Kira's story doesn't really start until she was in her early teens. 

It was about this time that another large quake happened. This had been the one her grandfather had been waiting for, the portal to return to his world to open again. Kira was distraught at his leaving but he told her that it was his time to go, to return to his home. He looked to her mother his daughter. "I leave the shrine to you my daughter and all it's worth." he said looking at Kira. After he left Kira's mother ran the temple as it's head priestess. Soon enough during a crisis in Japan's history a time better known to the world as World War Two Kira's mother went aboard of the country to try and help ease suffering where she could. She left a Then mostly adult Kira in charge of the Shrine. One night while Kira was sleeping she had a dream. In her dream her mother came to her and told her she would not be coming back home. As Kira awoke she saw it was morning and it was then she ran to find out what had happened. When she turned on the news she had found out that the city Hiroshima had been wiped off the map in a matter of seconds little to no survivors. It was then she knew her mother had died in the first use of a nuclear weapon. So after filing the papers with the local government she now owned the shrine and would take care of it.

As she lived and worked in the shirne Kira showed little signs of her age but what she did show was that her powers were becoming easier and easier to use espially when she was saving others or righting wrongs. She just like her mother spent her years traveling Japan helping others in whatever way she could. She was trained in the use of a sword and that was her main way of defending herself from others who would do her harm. It was sometime in the in the early part of 21st century that she was approached by some men who claimed they were part of a new government organization called U.L.T.R.A. After telling her thier mission they offered her a place she could stay, money and a solid job helping them with things that were related to the supernatural. Kira took her time to listen to what they had to say before she made her decsion. There was something burning inside of her when they mentioned what she would be doing.

Stats:  180
Body   6
Mind   5
Soul   7

HP: 70
EP: 60
Combat Value   6

Atributes:  44
5   14   Armor (Homogenous)
1   2   Divine Relationship
2   1   Features: Chipped, illusion braclet
2   5   Item: Weapon: Katana
3   9   Melee Attack: Swords
3   9   Melee Defense:Swords
3   45   Power Flux (____ Flux Points) Messenger of the Word. 
1   10   Regeneration
1   5   Reincaration: Easy to stop. (Comes back from the dead in one mounth.) 
2   4   Special Defense: Does not age. 
1   8   Super Strength
1       8       Flight
6       12      Weapon: Sacred Edge (Muscle, Insidious, Hands)
4       4       Weapon: Holy Bolt
4       8       Combat Technique: Blind fighting, Critical Strike, Judge Opponent,Leap                       Attack
2       1       Tough
1       5       Extra Defences

Skills:

1       3       Acrobatics: Jumping
3       6       Occualt: Rituals, Witchcraft, Spirits
1       1       Perform: Musical Instrament
3       3       Urban Tracking: Underworld
1       3       Stealth: Silent Movement
1       1       Wilderness Tracking: Mountains
1       1       Poinsons: Natrual

Defects (16)
2   2   Easily Distracted (Protect Inocents and Right Wrongs)
+2   Magic Ceases if they do not pursue their quest. 
2   2   Marked: Angelic Features
2   2   Nemesis: Demons
2   4   Owned (By the Will of the Creator)
2   6   Vulnerability: Holy itmes. 

Messenger of the Word Power Flux:
--Armor of Heaven: 2pts/level 20 points
--Cloak of Feathers 12pts: Invisibility to Sensors and Vision.) 
--Get Gone: 2pts/level: Exorcisim
--Healing Touch (4/Level):  Healing
--Little Voices: Telepathy
--Spirit Wall (   ): Force Field (Wall)
--Stormfront (   ):Dynamic Powers (weather) 
--Sword of the HEaven: Weapon: (Continuing, Insidious, Hands, Unreliable)
--Vision: Sixth Sense (Precognition)
--Wrath of the Creator: Weapon Attack lvl 2 (45 Damage, Area Effect, Auto-fire, Burning, Homing, Indirect, Long Range, Extra Energy, Inaccurate, Slow, Static, Stopabble, Toxic, Unreliable.)
--Zephyr: Insubstanial +2 (Gaseous Form)

AndyZ

Quote from: Sessha on February 23, 2012, 10:46:24 AM
  Well I hope this character pans out everyone.

Pic:

History: To understand Kira's history you have to understand Kira's story doesn't really begin with her, but with her family. You see Kira's is the grandchild of an angel that came through long before the establishment of the U.LT.R.A. branch of the SDF. When he came through he hid what he was so as not to alarm anyone in the human world or alert them to his presence. During his travels he perched himself on a nearby set of stones off of a road. It was here that he was sitting when he met Kira's grandmother, Yoshika. The angel who had taken the guise of a rounin first beheld her. Yoshika was the daughter of a local farmer and thus no one took notice of her, that is until one day she beheld the angel. When she looked at him something stirred inside her as she looked at him she got down on her knees not daring to look at him. This intrigied him. "Woman I am a ronin you owe me nothing." he said to her. She shook her head. "I am sorry I cannont. By the kami I don't know how to explain it but something inside me is telling me you are worthy of my respect." she said still not daring to look at him in the eye. This intrgiued the angel and he decided reveal himself to her. "Your insticts are not wrong my dear woman." he said reaching a hand down and tilting her chin up to face him and when she beheld him her eyes wepted with tears. So together they left and made thier way back to the farm her family tended where she asked her father to higher him and her father consented. After working on the farm for many years they eventually fell in love with each other. Soon enough she concived a child with him and that was Kira's mother Kasumi.

As Kasumi was growing up she began to develope powers like that of her father. She was a nephilim according to what the angel, who was now known as Danerial but Yoshika would always call him by the name Samanosuke. By this time Yoshika's home had blossomed into a full Shinto Shrine with Samanosuke as it's head priest. As Kasumi grew ad her powers grew she to ended up falling in love with a human samurai who she ended up marrying and then soon enough Kira was born. Now Kira's story doesn't really start until she was in her early teens. 

It was about this time that another large quake happened. This had been the one her grandfather had been waiting for, the portal to return to his world to open again. Kira was distraught at his leaving but he told her that it was his time to go, to return to his home. He looked to her mother his daughter. "I leave the shrine to you my daughter and all it's worth." he said looking at Kira. After he left Kira's mother ran the temple as it's head priestess. Soon enough during a crisis in Japan's history a time better known to the world as World War Two Kira's mother went aboard of the country to try and help ease suffering where she could. She left a Then mostly adult Kira in charge of the Shrine. One night while Kira was sleeping she had a dream. In her dream her mother came to her and told her she would not be coming back home. As Kira awoke she saw it was morning and it was then she ran to find out what had happened. When she turned on the news she had found out that the city Hiroshima had been wiped off the map in a matter of seconds little to no survivors. It was then she knew her mother had died in the first use of a nuclear weapon. So after filing the papers with the local government she now owned the shrine and would take care of it.

As she lived and worked in the shirne Kira showed little signs of her age but what she did show was that her powers were becoming easier and easier to use espially when she was saving others or righting wrongs. She just like her mother spent her years traveling Japan helping others in whatever way she could. She was trained in the use of a sword and that was her main way of defending herself from others who would do her harm. It was sometime in the in the early part of 21st century that she was approached by some men who claimed they were part of a new government organization called U.L.T.R.A. After telling her thier mission they offered her a place she could stay, money and a solid job helping them with things that were related to the supernatural. Kira took her time to listen to what they had to say before she made her decsion. There was something burning inside of her when they mentioned what she would be doing.

Body   6
Mind   5
Soul   7

Combat Value   6

Atributes:  44
5   14   Armor (Homogenous)
1   2   Divine Relationship
2   1   Features: Chipped, illusion braclet
2   5   Item: Weapon: Katana
3   9   Melee Attack: Swords
3   9   Melee Defense:Swords
3   45   Power Flux (____ Flux Points) Messenger of the Word. 
1   10   Regeneration
1   5   Reincaration: Easy to stop. (Comes back from the dead in one mounth.) 
2   4   Special Defense: Does not age. 
1   8   Super Strength
1       8       Flight
6       12      Weapon: Sacred Edge (Muscle, Insidious, Hands)
4       4       Weapon: Holy Bolt
4       8       Combat Technique: Blind fighting, Critical Strike, Judge Opponent,Leap                       Attack
2       1       Tough

Skills:

Defects (16)
2   2   Easily Distracted (Protect Inocents and Right Wrongs)
+2   Magic Ceases if they do not pursue their quest. 
2   2   Marked: Angelic Features
2   2   Nemesis: Demons

Messenger of the Word Power Flux:
--Armor of Heaven: 2pts/level 20 points
--Cloak of Feathers 12pts: Invisibility to Sensors and Vision.) 
--Get Gone: 2pts/level: Exorcisim
--Healing Touch (4/Level):  Healing
--Little Voices: Telepathy
--Spirit Wall (   ): Force Field (Wall)
--Stormfront (   ):Dynamic Powers (weather) 
--Sword of the HEaven: Weapon: (Continuing, Insidious, Hands, Unreliable)
--Vision: Sixth Sense (Precognition)
--Wrath of the Creator: Weapon Attack lvl 2 (45 Damage, Area Effect, Auto-fire, Burning, Homing, Indirect, Long Range, Extra Energy, Inaccurate, Slow, Static, Stopabble, Toxic, Unreliable.)
--Zephyr: Insubstanial +2 (Gaseous Form)

An Illusion Bracelet would be an Item that provides an alternate form.  No real point change there but something of note.

I need the stats for your weapons.  It looks like Sacred Edge will be primary with the others secondary, so you can halve the cost for the others.  You'll probably want your ranged powers to have some range, though.

I really don't like Power Flux.  If you're an agent of God, the creator of all things, then your purview is "all things" and I really can't allow that one.  The attribute isn't designed to give you 11 different powers.

What exactly stops your reincarnation?  Simple dismemberment?

I'm guessing that you mean to have Level 1 of Tough, which is 2 points per level.

You have a heck of a lot of Defects, and I will warn you that with that many, it's easy to end up in a no-win situation.  Ever heard the story about the guy with the geasa to never refuse hospitality and never eat dog?  You may want to trim those down.

You have a note about your magic ceasing if you don't pursue your quest, but I don't see any notes about just what your quest is.

If your grandmother is an angel, why are you vulnerable to holy items?  Wouldn't it be unholy items that harm you?

Sessha

Ok I can understand where you are coming from. To be honest I was trying to convert alot of stuff over from a racial template from a  2nd Ed. suppliment book called Cold Hands Dark Hearts. The twelve different "powers" listed there were considered as "magic" from the book itself. It's an offically licenesed product from Guardians of Order. But the way I describe it to Muse was that they were like "spells" so to speak and a very set spell list at that.

As for the reincarnation stopping that was something the GM and player needed to discuss, though with the volitile level 2 defect simple dismenberment more than likely wouldn't be happening since all that would be left would be ash and feathers.

Yeah that's what I ment when I put the rank of Tough in there. I made that part of the character at about 6 this morning when I hadn't slepted yet so I more than likely typed it without realizing it.

As for the defects those all came from the template itself. Now the whole Bane(Holy Items) kinda sounded a bit off to me but when you read the backstory for the setting of the book you realize that it's not too far off the mark.

As for the whole quest thing, that's open to interpitation. The one I mostly use is that it's whatever endevour the character decides to pursue. If that is not allowed I'm sure we can reach some sort of agreement.  :-)

This was mostly done remotely. Muse is the one who did the intial character stuff. I filled in some of the blanks, but like I said I was orginally going for converting the racial template over from BESM second Edition. If you have the time we can discuss this over an IM medium?

Sessha

Ok here is my complete character for everyone to look over and for Andy to approve.

Pic:

Kira Kusanagi

Body   6
Mind   5
Soul   7

Combat Value   6

Atributes:  163 pts.

2   4 *   Armor (Homogenous)
2   4 *   Divine Relationship
4   3 *   Features: Chipped, Longevity, Appearence, Illusion braclet
2   1   Weapon: Katana (Muscle, Hands)
3   9 *   Melee Attack: Swords
3   9 *   Melee Defense:Swords
5   12   Sword of Heaven (Insidious, Hands, Detectible: Holy, exclusive: demons)
1   10*   Regeneration
1   5 *   Reincaration: Easy to stop. (Comes back from the dead in one mounth.) 
2   4 *   Special Defense: Does not age. 
1   8 *   Super Strength
1       8 *     Flight
5       5       Weapon: Sacred Edge (Linked, Detectible: Holy)
4       4       Weapon: Holy Bolt (Detectible: Holy)
4       8 *     Combat Technique: Blind fighting, Critical Strike, Judge Opponent,Leap                       Attack
1       2 *     Tough
1       5 *     Extra Defences
5       10*     Sixth Sense (Spirits, Magic, Evil, Demons, Precognition)
2       8 *     Healing
1       6 *     Telepathy
4       8 *     Exorcism
2       4       Environmental Influence (Light Fog)
1       20*     Dynamic Powers (Wind)
1       2 *     Special Movement (Zen Direction)
2       4 *     Resistance

Skills: 19 pts.

2       2       Perform: Musical Instrament

Defects (12)

1   1   Marked: Angelic Features
1   1   Nemesis: Demons

AndyZ

As soon as you change the stuff I know I've repeatedly talked to you about, I'll give my comments.

Sessha

Can you remind what those were?

AndyZ

I'm really not liking the fact that I'll tell you something maybe four or five different times and you don't remember.

Sessha

I honestly can't find the things we discussed the four or five times over YIM last night. The only thing that comes to mind is the defects we talked about or is this about the braclet being for an alternate form, or the dynamic powers I put in?

AndyZ

Alright, I've looked over it and made some changes.  Some spots I wasn't sure if they were Holy and should be detectable, so you can let me know on those.

I gave you Supersense instead of Sixth Sense in order to be able to see spirits and extraplanar creatures, nixed Precognition because I don't want to deal with it, changed the Dynamic Wind power into Telekinesis (Air), fixed a few other things I've already told you about and so on.  You can check it over, and if you like this, you're approved.

Pic:

Kira Kusanagi

Body   6
Mind   5
Soul   7

Combat Value   6

Atributes:  158 pts.

2   8    Armor (Homogenous +4)
2   4    Divine Relationship
3   3    Features: Chipped, Longevity, Appearance
1   1   Item: Alternate Identity (Illusion Bracelet)
2   1   Secondary Weapon Item: Katana (Muscle, Hands)
3   9    Melee Attack: Swords
3   9    Melee Defense: Swords
5   12   Sword of Heaven (Insidious, Hands, Detectable: Holy, Exclusive: Demons)
1   10   Regeneration
1   5    Reincaration: Easy to stop. (Necklace Phylactery) 
2   4    Special Defense: Does not age. 
1   8    Super Strength
1       8       Flight
5       5       Secondary Weapon: Sacred Edge (Linked to Katana, Detectable: Holy)
4       4       Secondary Weapon: Holy Bolt (Detectable: Holy)
4       8       Combat Technique: Blind fighting, Critical Strike, Judge Opponent, Leap Attack
1       2       Tough
3       6       Sixth Sense (Magic, Holy, Unholy)
2       7       Healing (Detectable: Holy)
1       6       Telepathy (Universal)
4       7       Exorcism (Detectable: Holy)
2       3       Environmental Influence (Light Fog) (Detectable: Holy)
3       11      Telekinesis (Air) (Detectable: Holy)
1       2       Special Movement (Zen Direction)
2       4       Resistance
3   6   Supersense (Divine Sight)

2       2       Perform: Musical Instrament

Defects (7)

2   4   Achilles Heel: Unholy attacks
2   1   Marked: Angelic Features (Half cost due to Alternate Identity)
2   1   Nemesis: Demons (Half cost due to Alternate Identity)
1   1   Unique Defect: Character must remain faithful to the Creator.

Sessha

Pic:

Kira Kusanagi

Body   6
Mind   5
Soul   7

Combat Value   6

Attributes: 154

2    8    Armor (Homogenous +4)
2    4    Divine Relationship
3    3    Features: Chipped, Appearance (Yamamoto Nadeshiko), Retracble Wings
2    1    Secondary Weapon Item: Katana (Muscle, Hands)
3    9    Melee Attack: Swords
3    9    Melee Defense: Swords
5    12   Sword of Heaven (Insidious, Hands, Detectable: Holy, Exclusive: Demons)
1    10   Regeneration
1    5    Reincaration: Easy to stop. (Necklace Phylactery) 
2    4    Special Defense: Does not age. 
1    8    Super Strength
1    8    Flight
5    5    Secondary Weapon: Sacred Edge (Linked to Katana, Detectable: Holy)
4    4    Secondary Weapon: Holy Bolt (Detectable: Holy)
4    8    Combat Technique: Blind fighting, Critical Strike, Judge Opponent, Leap Attack
1    2    Tough
1    5    Extra Defences
3    6    Sixth Sense (Magic, Holy, Unholy)
2    7    Healing (Detectable: Holy)
1    6    Telepathy (Universal)
4    7   Exorcism (Detectable: Holy)
2    3   Environmental Influence (Light Fog) (Detectable: Holy)
3    11 Telekinesis (Air) (Detectable: Holy)
1    2   Special Movement (Zen Direction)
2    4   Resistance
2    4   Supersense (Divine Sight)

2       2       Urban Tracking: Underworld

Defects (3)

1   1   Marked: Angelic sigil on shoulder (Half cost due to easily hidden under clothes)
1   1   Unique Defect: Character must remain faithful to the Creator.

AndyZ

Only have 2 defects, but approved.  Drop it in the Character Thread.