Interest Check-Scion (now closed to new recruitment)

Started by Empyrean, September 20, 2010, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scya

you should remember that you gain10 adition dots for Epics and powers with the demigod template and also 15 freebies  most of my template ugrade went into my epics. And with the next 300 exp i only bought 5 epics and the atributes to enable them.
A&A https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=78650.0

A bit braindead at the moment so please excuse longer wait times then usual.

Empyrean

Well, we are starting at Legend 8 so it is possible. Attributes can rise to 8 for your characters, and Epic Attributes can rise to one dot less than your Legend. So at Legend 8 you can have up to 7 dots in an Epic Attributes if you have 8 dots in the matching regular Attribute.

Example: If Cleo has Charisma at 8, then she can have Epic Charisma at 7. And remember, you get a free knack for every dot of an Epic Attribute that you have. :)

Phaia

Quote from: Empyrean on October 07, 2010, 01:14:38 PM
Well, we are starting at Legend 8 so it is possible. Attributes can rise to 8 for your characters, and Epic Attributes can rise to one dot less than your Legend. So at Legend 8 you can have up to 7 dots in an Epic Attributes if you have 8 dots in the matching regular Attribute.

Example: If Cleo has Charisma at 8, then she can have Epic Charisma at 7. And remember, you get a free knack for every dot of an Epic Attribute that you have. :)

I understand that but how do you purshace that....

example hero cha 4 epic 2 [legend 3]
demigod  cha 6 epic 4 [legend 5] so by now i have put 4 bonus into epic cha

to buy it up to an attribute 8 52 xp to get to epic cha 7 takes rating 4x5=20; 5x5=25 ; 6x5= 30 or another 85xp thats a32 xp to get One attribute to a decent place...maybe i am missing something since thats over half the bonus xp and to do a couple more gets it quickly to 200xp that leaves none really for boons

i went through 100 xp at hero level for 1-3 boons ina 4 purviews
so basically ya can get a couple of boons and to get to mystery 7... costs 19 to level 3 at hero and 90 xp at demigodso basically i ahve one purview at level 7 and nothing to use it with since i dont have the xp

Phaia

HairyHeretic

Ok, let's run through the basics. You start at Legend 3, which means you can have up to Epic 2 in any particular ability. You can, if you want, put all 10 points into knacks, and nothing into boons from your starting points, so there's 10 dots worth of epic abilities as well. You also have your 15 bonus points. Another point of Epic is 5 of those 15, or 4 if it's favoured. So, if you buy non favoured epics with the 10 dots, and favoured with the bonus points, you can potentially save yourself 3 bonus points to spend on other stuff.

Before you spend any xp, there's 13 points worth of epics (max Epic 2)

Then you have 300 xp to spend on Epics, capping at Epic 3.

Buying the first dot of Epic  (favoured) is 8xp
Buying the first dot of Epic (non favoured) is 10xp

Increasing a favoured Epic from 2 to 3 is 8xp
Increasing a non favoured Epic from 1 to 2 is 5xp
Increasing a non favoured Epic from 2 to 3 is 10xp

So, if you buy 1 dot of Epic everything from your starting points, you save on xp, which can be used to increase abilities and skills, or buy boons as well.

Next we go to Legend 5, and add the Demigod powerups. At this point you're capped at Epic 4, so you may have less options on where to put those points. It still probably works out cheaper to boost your non favoured Epics from here. After you spend those points, you have the bonus points again, which could get you another 3 epics.

Now you move automatically to Legend 8, and have 300 more xp to spend.

Let's assume you're on Epic 4 at this point.

Increasing a favoured Epic from 4 to 5 is 16xp
Increasing a favoured Epic from 5 to 6 is 20xp
Increasing a favoured Epic from 6 to 7 is 24xp

Increasing a non favoured Epic from 3 to 4 is 15xp
Increasing a non favoured Epic from 4 to 5 is 20xp
Increasing a non favoured Epic from 5 to 6 is 25xp
Increasing a non favoured Epic from 6 to 7 is 30xp

It's expensive, yes, but certainly doable for at least the favoured epics. Keep in mind you have to raise your attributes too, which effectively runs up the cost of your Epics.

Does that help any?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Scya

And your attribute only has to equal your Epic, so  7 dots of Epics Charisma only require you to have  charisma 7

HairyHeretic

Did you also remember the points break for buying purviews in sequence?

If you're buying them in order it would be

Favoured purview rank 1 - 4xp (Presuming its not free, which you could interpret it as)
Favoured purview rank 2 - 4xp
Favoured purview rank 3 - 8xp
Favoured purview rank 4 - 12xp
Favoured purview rank 5 - 16xp
Favoured purview rank 6 - 20xp
Favoured purview rank 7 - 24xp

Non favoured purview rank 1 - 5xp
Non favoured purview rank 2 - 5xp
Non favoured purview rank 3 - 10xp
Non favoured purview rank 4 - 15xp
Non favoured purview rank 5 - 20xp
Non favoured purview rank 6 - 25xp
Non favoured purview rank 7 - 30xp

So yes, if you're buying a lot of boons, the costs will mount up fast. However, if you buy boons with your demigod upgrade (or Hero start up points), spending 3 of your 10 points will get you rank 1,2 and 3 in a purview.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

here is my sheet i used

horus has only a single favored attirbute [strength]  and frankly taking it doesnt exactly fit the character....
I may have to change the concept a good bit
I used all 10 points on epics and also bought fast learner and star pupil to reduce costs of abilities and i dont have the pantheon purview and spent all the rest and i used all the bonus points on relics...that may change quickly!!

Phaia

300xp for legend 4:
Attributes: 94xp
Dexterity to 3dot-8xp; to 4dot-12xp- to 5dot-16xp             Total 36
Manipulation to 4dot-12xp                        Total 12 {48}
Appearance to 5dot-16xp                        Total 16 {64}
Perception to 4dot-12xp                        Total 12 {78}
Intelligence to 5dot-16Xp                        Total 16 {94}
Abilities: 111xp.
*Fast Learner, ^star pupil
Favored abilities; Athletics^ 6xp; Brawl^ 6xp; melee^ 6xp; Awareness 12xp; [total from favored 30xp]
Non-favored abilities: Academics * 10xp; Control cars 5xp; craft Jewel craft^ 3xp; Fortitude 6xp; Integrity 6xp; Investigation^ 7xp; Larceny^ 7xp; Marksmanship^ 11xp; Medicine* 3xp; Occult* 7xp; Science*: Archaeology 4xp; Science* Atlantean 4xp; Stealth 2xp; Survival^ 4xp; Thrown 2xp [total from non-favored abilities 81xp]

Boons: 95xp points
Mystery                   1dot -4xp; 2dot-5xp; 3dot-10xp             total 19xp
Animal: Falcon *   1 dot [communicate]-4xp               total 4xp
Justice*      2 dot [Guilt Apparitions]-8xp            total 8xp
Moon*         1 dot [Smoking Mirror]-4xp               
         2 dot [Tidal Interference]-8xp            total 12xp
Sky*         1 dot [Sky’s Grace]-4xp
         2 dot [Wind’s Freedom]-8xp
         3 dot [Storm Augmentation]-12xp            total 24xp
Sun*         1 dot [Penetrating Glare]-4xp
Magic         1 dot [Ariadne’s Thread]-4xp
         2 dot [Bona Fortuna]-5xp
         3 dot [Demand A Labor]-10xp            total 19xp   

Phaia

also hairy refering back to the relic i shown ya....the knack Body armor does exactly what the relic did for same cost etc...so it seems its cheaper to get the knack then get a relic?
the relic cost 7 points i can take a 1dot relic for the purview and 5 xp for the knack and get the same thing...cheaper saving 1 xp!!

is that correct?

Phaia

HairyHeretic

Dots and points of xp are very different things :)

As for spending your bonus points on relics, did you remember that you get 15 additional bonus points that represent gaining relics, guides and followers as you moved through Hero, and the same at Demigod?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Scya

and if you by the 5 dot in yoir non epic atributs with your demigod template you have 32 aditional exp,
and the math for your boons is wrong
Boons: 95xp points
Mystery                   1dot -4xp; 2dot-5xp; 3dot-10xp             total 19xp
Animal: Falcon *   1 dot [communicate]-4xp               total 4xp
Justice*      2 dot [Guilt Apparitions]-4xp (if you already have one  dot in justice  it cost you only  4  total and for only  8xp you gain both dots
Moon*         1 dot [Smoking Mirror]-4xp               
         2 dot [Tidal Interference]-4xp            total 8xp
Sky*         1 dot [Sky’s Grace]-4xp
         2 dot [Wind’s Freedom]-4xp
         3 dot [Storm Augmentation]-8xp            total 16xp
Sun*         1 dot [Penetrating Glare]-4xp
Magic         1 dot [Ariadne’s Thread]-4xp
         2 dot [Bona Fortuna]-5xp
         3 dot [Demand A Labor]-10xp            total 19xp   

Phaia

so i saved 16 xp thanks i was seeing that as i was reading hairys responce...still 16 aint much

after hero level 4 she has
str 2
dex 5 ep1
sta 3 ep 2
cha 2
man 3
appearence 4 ep 2
perc 4 ep 1
intel 4 epic 2
wits 3 epi 2

**shrugs**
This is my first time at buildinga  demigod and i have already spent something like 10 hours on it and honestly....I have never taken that long for a character build... i was trying for a concept and just need to go min/max drop off relics that can be copyied with kancks and spend those points elsewhere

Phaia

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

Quote from: HairyHeretic on October 07, 2010, 01:55:00 PM
Dots and points of xp are very different things :)

As for spending your bonus points on relics, did you remember that you get 15 additional bonus points that represent gaining relics, guides and followers as you moved through Hero, and the same at Demigod?
yes i did hairy at hero level i spent all of those plus the 10 bonus on relics and birthrights based on the companion.... 7 dots alone for a falcon which si gonna go byby and 7 for the seal which i can drop to 1 for the perview save the 6 bonus points and use some of the 16xp to buy the kanck Body armor which does exactly what I was trying to do with the seal I sent you.

Phaia

Scya

hm how do you want to spent the 4/3/2 attribute dots that you gain with the demigod template?

HairyHeretic

Bear in mind, you don't have to buy the Epic to buy an additional knack. Buying a knack on its own is .. 5xp, IIRC.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

Quote from: HairyHeretic on October 07, 2010, 02:13:23 PM
Bear in mind, you don't have to buy the Epic to buy an additional knack. Buying a knack on its own is .. 5xp, IIRC.
but you do have to have an epic in the att you are buying the knack for correct?

and scya i am not sure the concept i have works with scion or the god i chose i suppose i can alter her a good bit but chanegs things

Phaia

Scya

no i meant if you want to add the +2 attribute point category to physical attributes and raise stamina to 5  it would be better to raise Dex prior with your exp only to 4 and raise stamina to 4 with exp. with the upgrade you would increase both to 5. In the end both attributes  would be at 5 but you would gain 4 additional xp

Jefepato

You do have to have an Epic Attribute before you can buy any Knacks for it.  If you want Knacks for an Attribute, you should use one of your starting 10 Epic points on it.

(Sheesh, the Pesedjet Gods really don't have many associated Epic Attributes!  Odin and Tezcatlipoca really need to teach those guys how it's done.)

HairyHeretic

As long as you have one point of Epic attribute, yes. Though in all honesty, I'd recommend everyone take either epic stamina or epic dex to give them some survivability. Or cast Deus Ex Machina a lot ;)

I had that in one of my games, where someone had a ring with that spell in it. It would save them once, then they'd recast it into the ring to 'charge it up'. If you don't mind fatebondings, it's another handy way to keep yourself safe.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

Quote from: Jefepato on October 07, 2010, 02:21:23 PM
You do have to have an Epic Attribute before you can buy any Knacks for it.  If you want Knacks for an Attribute, you should use one of your starting 10 Epic points on it.

(Sheesh, the Pesedjet Gods really don't have many associated Epic Attributes!  Odin and Tezcatlipoca really need to teach those guys how it's done.)

not only does Tezcat have 5 epic att as favored he has 9 purviews including magic/mystrey and prof as favors...that god rocks...to bad about all the blood letting!!

Phaia

Wheresmycow

Quote from: HairyHeretic on October 07, 2010, 02:21:53 PM
As long as you have one point of Epic attribute, yes. Though in all honesty, I'd recommend everyone take either epic stamina or epic dex to give them some survivability. Or cast Deus Ex Machina a lot ;)

I had that in one of my games, where someone had a ring with that spell in it. It would save them once, then they'd recast it into the ring to 'charge it up'. If you don't mind fatebondings, it's another handy way to keep yourself safe.
I got some Epic Stamina on top of high Epic Dexterity.  You could be trickier than a greased weasel but sometimes you need to be able to take a punch to the face.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

fallensaviour

roll with it helps with that..adding dex (or epic dex) to soak

fallensaviour

Quote from: Jefepato on October 07, 2010, 02:21:23 PM

they make up for it with heku which is one of the most awesome purviews in the game, potion making, insanely fast legend recovery, shadow traps... fuckin awesome

HairyHeretic

If you have high eInt, get Fight With Your Head, and simply strip off the other guys eDex successes. That tends to make you pretty hard to hit too.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Phaia

I was wondering...what is better to have +DV or soak? Reason I am asking is i have 2 points left for relics from hero build and was looking at armor...i could add +2b/+2L or +2 DV which would work better?

I would think +DV is better  but is it?

Phaia