Interest Check-Scion (now closed to new recruitment)

Started by Empyrean, September 20, 2010, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

Incidentally, I've decided that the last thrash of the Atlantean pantheon was to embed the principles for their Scire PSP into the fabric of the World. It's tricky to find and master, but any Scion can have Scire boons at the same cost as a Special Purview not associated with one's parent.

Jefepato

Where would relics allowing access to Scire come from?

avorae

Quote from: Jefepato on October 02, 2010, 09:02:28 PM
Where would relics allowing access to Scire come from?

I made a ring for mine. Will have to come up with how she got it though. Of course that requires me to actually get around to doing her backstory which is the ione thing i am terrible at.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Wheresmycow

I'll be sticking with Hermes.  Arete just fits for Alexander and the whole quest towards being a master trickster/thief.

As for character back story, I was thinking Alexander's mother was an incredibly wealthy business woman.  While she was busy with running her business, she would spend what free time she had raising and doting on Alexander.  As such, Alexander came from a happy household.  Very precocious child, liked causing trouble and pulling pranks.  Extensive juvenile record until he hit 16, mostly because he finally mastered the art of not getting caught.  Didn't end up in juvie ever, mostly because of a rich and influential mom and because his crimes were on the unusual side.  Had his visitation on his 18th birthday, while trying to out con the three-card monte con man who turned out to be Hermes.

Though I'm tempted to say that maybe Alexander is actually descended from Zeus, but because Hermes liked Alexander's style, the messenger god decided to adopt Alexander as his own.  Whether or not this allows Alexander to escape Hera's wrath... fun times.
Want to know more about me?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Empyrean

Jefepato: Such relics wouldn't be commonly made, but some were in ancient times. They wouldn't be things handed out by parents/guides, but by Legend 8, I'll allow that in your background adventures your PCs might have found one of these relics.

Wheresmycow: Nice background. :) And a descendant of Zeus adopted by Hermes. Very workable. *looks at the gleaming plot hooks and grins*

Wheresmycow

Happy to set my character up for a fall, or at least a troubled life.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Empyrean

For those playing Scions of the Tuatha de Dannan, the alternate War 4 boon listed under Riastran works with Marksmanship.

For all: War 7 also works with Marksmanship, as the concept of gunslingers is a concept of warriors nowadays.

Jefepato

I assume you're talking about Colossus Armor?  (Siege Juggernaut in Companion Part 2 is also War 7, although I'm pretty sure it already works with guns just fine.)

Empyrean

Oops. Yeah, I meant Siege Juggernaut.

Also, I'm hoping to start the game by this weekend. :)

Wheresmycow

Sweet, I'll try and consolidate all my character's info together in one neat post.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

Wheresmycow

Oh, rules question: I can't find the stats for throwing knives anywhere.  Can I use the stats for the Hadseax (Hero p. 202) as stats for throwing knives, maybe dropping the Defense attribute and swapping it with Range 10?  Also, could I add the Piercing quality to it, and if so, for how much?
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

HairyHeretic

Hadseax are probably about right. Throwing knives tend to be smaller and lighter, so you might even want to drop the damage by 1, and increase either the accuracy or speed. Piercing I don't think would go on, unless you were making them relics maybe?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Jefepato

The Companion has stats for shuriken, but they're kinda terrible (although they are Piercing) so the hadseax might be a better starting point, yeah.

Wheresmycow

Quote from: HairyHeretic on October 04, 2010, 06:46:23 PM
Hadseax are probably about right. Throwing knives tend to be smaller and lighter, so you might even want to drop the damage by 1, and increase either the accuracy or speed. Piercing I don't think would go on, unless you were making them relics maybe?
Whoops, forgot to mention that I meant how much piercing would cost in terms of dots of relic.
My Intro Thread
My ONs and OFFs

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Brandon

Rough draft. Ive never done a demigod game before so there may be mistakes

Name: Johan Hartmond
God: Hades
Nature: Architect
Calling: International businessman

Abilities

Strength 2     Charisma 8           Perception 5
Dexterity 6    Manipulation 6       Intelligence 8
Stamina 3     Appearance 4         Wits 4

Epic Dexterity 4
Epic Charisma 4
Epic Intelligence 5
Epic Manipulation 5
Epic Perception 1
Epic Stamina 3
Epic Wits 2

Skills

Academics* 4
Animal Ken
Art
Athletics 1
Awareness 2
Brawl 1
Command* 5
Control (Cars) 1

Craft (Firearms) 3
Empathy 5
Fortitude 3
Integrity 3
Investigation 5
Larceny 1
Marksmanship 5
Medicine

Melee
occult* 1
Politics 5
Presence* 5
Science (Computer) 1
Stealth* 5
Survival
thrown*

*notes a favored ability

Languages
English (native)              Swahili
German                         Japanese
Spanish                         Greek
French                           Arabic
Dutch

Birthrights
Followers 5 (20 zombies)
Relic 4 (Gloves of Death)
Relic 2 (Bloodstone ring)
Relic 5 (Armor of hades)

Knacks
Takes one to know one (Manipulation)
Overt order (Manipulation)
Stench of guilt (Manipulation)
Hard sell (Manipulation)
Deprogramming (Manipulation)
Trick shooter (Dexterity)
Untouchable opponent (Dexterity)
Cat’s grace (Dexterity)
Whirlwind shield (Dexterity)
Inspirational figure (Charisma)
Blessing of importance (Charisma)
Benefit of the doubt (Charisma)
Preach on (Charisma)
Crowd control (Charisma)
Know it all (Intelligence)
Math genius (Intelligence)
Perfect memory (Intelligence)
Cipher (Intelligence)
Tactical planning (Intelligence)
Subliminal warning (Perception)
Holy fortitude (Stamina)
Self-healing (Stamina)
Regeneration (Stamina)
Instant investigation (Wits)
Social chameleon (Wits)

Boons
Arête: Craft 2
Arete: Stealth 4
Night Eyes (1 dot darkness purview)
Shadow Mask (2 dot darkness purview)
Shadow refuge (3 dot darkness purview)
Shadow step (4 dot darkness purview)
Shadow craft (5 dot darkness purview)
Shadow shroud (6 dot darkness purview)
Shadow bodies (7 dot darkness purview)
Death senses (1 dot death purview)
Euthenasia (2 dot death purview)
Unquiet corpse (3 dot death purview)
Summon ghost (4 dot death purview)
Excorsism (6 dot death purview)
Haunted mists (7 dot death purview)
Safely interred (1 dot earth purview)
Shaping (3 dot earth purview)
Earth armor (4 dot earth purview)
Earth travel (5 dot earth purview)
Landslide (7 dot earth purview)

Virtues
Expression 2
Intellect 4
Valor 2
Vengeance 1

Willpower 8/8
Legend 8
Legend points 64/64
Soak 12B 10L A3
Dodge DV:
Health levels

0  []
-0 [][]
-0 [][]
-0 []
I  []

Equipment

FN P90 (4 magazines of ammo)
Glock 20 (4 magazines of ammo)
Knife
Cell phone

Bonus points (25 total)
Willpower 7 & 8 = 4
Armor of Hades = 5
Guide 5 = 7
Silver amulet = 1
Epic stamina 2 & 3 = 8

Bloodstone ring (2 dot relic)

-Access to earth and Darkness purviews

Gloves of death (4 dot relic)

-summons zombies for 1 legend
-access to the death purview
-Unique power: Creatures summoned with the gloves regenerate after 1 day
-Doubles duration of death boons

Armor of hades (5 dot Relic)
The armor of hades is a Greek stylized Lamellar armor forged by the Cyclops of old and worn by Hades previous generals.

The armor is thin and flexible, made of a black alloy the lord of the underworld calls hellsteel (A mix of Iron, silver, and flecks of obsidian). It was originally crafted by the few generals of hells armies and eventually given out to power gods and Demigods that represented Hades interests.

-+1 bashing/lethal soak
- -2 mobility
-Unique power: The armor gives the wearer a number of bonus dice on (Charisma + Command) rolls equal to his/her legend score
-Unique power: Anyone without a legend score can not detect the armor with any of the five senses

Silver amulet (Relic 1)

-Allows Johan to telepathically speak with any of the Furies from any distance

The furies (Guide 5)

Demigod pg 238

XP spent 297

Charisma 7 = 24
Charisma 8 = 28
Intelligence 8 = 28
Shadow craft = 20
Shadow shroud = 24
Shadow bodies = 28
Excorsism = 24
Haunted mists = 28
Earth travel = 20
Landslide = 28
Epic intelligence 5 (Tactical planning) = 20
Epic Manipulation 5 (Deprogramming) = 20
Charisma Knack: Crowd control = 5
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Jefepato

We're using an alternate version of the Arete Purview in this game, Brandon.  The link is somewhere on page 2 of the thread, or here: http://wiki.white-wolf.com/whitewolf/index.php?title=Arete_Purview_%28Revised%29

Also, Whirlwind Shield seems like a pretty odd choice of Knack when you don't have any dots in Melee.

Brandon

When I looked over the arete purview rewrite I was under the impression that it still applied for multiple skills. So I'll think about putting 2 dots into something else and keep the four that was put under stealth

Also Whirlwind shield can be used unarmed
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Jefepato

The new Arete applies to 6 skills, but you only have to buy it once.

Phaia

You know I have noticed that there seems to be all Lords playing in this... Hairy got me interested in Scion way back last year. I have a couple of ideas including upgrading a certain scion of Bast that hairy helped create...

Any openings left let me know please

Good luck all

Phaia

Empyrean

Phaia: PM me with your ideas. :)

Brandon: I'll look over the mechanics in the morning when I'm not so tired but a quick glance hasn't turned up anything objectionable.

Wheresmycow: Piercing adds a dot to the cost of the relic I believe. Hadseax damage will work fine.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Brandon on October 04, 2010, 09:13:06 PM
Also Whirlwind shield can be used unarmed

It can, but you really want something to parry with. Body armour is a good knack for that. If your gloves are metal gauntlet types, that'd work. And at a pinch you can use the barrel of your own gun, but really a relic weapon is the best choice for that.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Empyrean

Brandon: Looks good to me. Could you PM me the whole sheet with the background info as well as the mechanics?

So far it looks like we have the following characters done or nearly done:

Luke Xiang, son of the Monkey King
Yuriko Watanabe, daughter of Amaterasu
Amy Kalder, daughter of Uller
A yet unnamed daughter of the Morrigan
Johan Hartmond, son of Hades
Alexander Cabott, son of Hermes

And there is a unnamed son of Guan Yu in the works, and  Phaia's character, of the Pesedjet. Am I correct or am I missing someone?

Jefepato

Rukio had a concept for a Scion of Lugh back on page 1, but I don't think he's posted since then.

Empyrean, were you planning to have the various PCs already familiar with each other and/or working together, or will they mostly not know each other to start with?

HairyHeretic

Fate has a habit of steering Scions into bands, usually before they reach Demigodhood. I would imagine the characters would know at least some of each other.

Perhaps take a leaf from the Dresden Files chargen here, and have the players link up through backstories? I can easily toss out a few scenarios I've played with Luke that others could have been involved with, and I expect everyone else could do the same.

Cattle die, kinsmen die