Xavier's School for Gifted Young Adults - X-Men

Started by Secretwriter, November 28, 2010, 08:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaelhiar

Whoops! Sorry! Didn't realize.

*changes the name*

LimitlessNikkie

Quote from: Adonis on January 23, 2011, 11:04:18 PM
And mine as well. I'll unlock the approved character bio thread, and go ahead and copy+paste your sheet over miss Nikki!

Welcome to Xavier's !

Yay! thanks!

Secretwriter

Quote from: Kaelhiar on January 24, 2011, 01:15:23 AM
Whoops! Sorry! Didn't realize.

*changes the name*

No worries, babes. It happens. ^.^

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Kendra

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Dragonborn Rio

Okay, I understand your worries, and will work on changing the power.
If only we can give them the faith that mountains can be moved, they will accept the illusion that mountains can be moved and thus an illusion may become a reality.

Children see magic because they look for it. Do you?

Kendra

*hugs*
thanks for being understanding and accommodating  :)

Kendra

linkage
Kaelhiar - I've unlocked the character biography in the game forum.
Just post up there and you're ready to being playing.
Welcome to the game.

Dragonborn Rio

*is hugged*  :)

Everything was explained nicely, and I want to play this character, so I see no reason to bicker and argue and whine. Now, how about this version of the limitations?

"Wallflower: Neal can only keep this power going for 10 minutes at a time, with 5 minute intervals in between using it. That does not include the amount of time it takes for him to become fully visible again. For every minute he uses this power, it takes 30 seconds for him to look solid again. Until that time is past, he appears transparent to varying degrees, much like a ghost. He must wait until he appears completely solid again before he can “turn it back on.” This ability only keeps him from being seen by the naked eye. Electronic devices and/or aids, psychic abilities, and a good sense of smell can still be used to find him. His little sister's mutant power has the easiest time finding him. "

This means a few things. One, he can be heard. Two, if he stays in "wallflower mode" for 10 minutes he must wait another 10 minutes(5 minutes for it to recharge after 5 minutes of it fading). Three, his code name may change to "Ghost"(but I think someone already has that one?).
If only we can give them the faith that mountains can be moved, they will accept the illusion that mountains can be moved and thus an illusion may become a reality.

Kendra

Quote from: Dragonborn Rio on January 24, 2011, 11:29:55 AM
*is hugged*  :)

Everything was explained nicely, and I want to play this character, so I see no reason to bicker and argue and whine. Now, how about this version of the limitations?

"Wallflower: Neal can only keep this power going for 10 minutes at a time, with 5 minute intervals in between using it. That does not include the amount of time it takes for him to become fully visible again. For every minute he uses this power, it takes 30 seconds for him to look solid again. Until that time is past, he appears transparent to varying degrees, much like a ghost. He must wait until he appears completely solid again before he can “turn it back on.” This ability only keeps him from being seen by the naked eye. Electronic devices and/or aids, psychic abilities, and a good sense of smell can still be used to find him. His little sister's mutant power has the easiest time finding him. "

This means a few things. One, he can be heard. Two, if he stays in "wallflower mode" for 10 minutes he must wait another 10 minutes(5 minutes for it to recharge after 5 minutes of it fading). Three, his code name may change to "Ghost"(but I think someone already has that one?).

Edit your bio to include these changes if you haven't already done so and you've met with my approval.  ;)

Adonis

You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's

Dragonborn Rio

Secretwriter

Dragonborn, you have my approval.

EroticWinged - I did edit this because after discussing things with the other GM's they pointed out a few things that I didn't consider. 

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Adonis

Again, same as what she said >.< Feelin like a broken record here.
O/O's

Secretwriter

Whole records are over-rated. *nibbles the Adonis* >:)

Lady Lunarius

Erotic Winged: I was wondering this: how would you be able to have you character hold up in a time of need, or under stress? Extreme stress could cause something like what happened to you characters' parents to happen to someoen else. What's to say something like that couldn't happen in the danger room or if we're faced with enemies somewhere down the line? Or even just a bully picking on her.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Ramael

Hello! I'd like to register interest if you're still looking?

I have a character in mind and wanted to ask you about the Hellfire Club, and its relevance on this game-I understand that there are only two playable "factions" currently, but for my storyline I was wondering if mayhaps my character had a relative in the Hellfire Club, or had been targeted by them or suchlike.

How would that fit in with your game theme?

Thanks!
Ram

Malgriff

If the position of performing arts tutor is still open I'd like to give it a go ( I take performing arts irl so I think I could handle it hehe)

Dragonborn Rio

Adonis

Looks like it. Go ahead and move it over to the approved characters sheet.
O/O's

Dragonborn Rio

Yay! *goes to post Neal in the thread*

I hope that's the right one. I'll try to post something tomorrow. Thanks for the chance!

Adonis

EroticWinged - While the explanations are nice, don't worry right now about including everything that she may ever do. Please limit the copying of items to non-living materials, as the cloning of living people, block or not, would create and whole new set of problems that we would have to work around with the way we handle "Oh shit" situations. The minor telekinesis can be added as a minor ability, but limit the amount of weight that may be lifted and moved to ~5 lbs.

As for the "storing" of items within herself later, there will be limitations on the amount of time that she's allowed to keep copies, as well as the amount (whether this is to be determined numerically, or general mass, we have yet to determine). As for the sheet altogether, once the above changes have been made (I.e, the power set simplified and easily determined with finite limitations), it has my approval.

Ramael - 95% of us haven't the slightest idea of canon "factions", and should you choose to pursue the whole Hellfire Club angle, I/we would prefer to see it in a bio. That way we know exactly what you mean, and how you intend to use the faction as a foot in the door. We look forward to seeing the completed sheet.

Akumamika - Yes, the position for performing arts is still available, but it's for a professorial position, not a tutor. Taking a look at your writing style, we would require a bit more in post length (A min of 1 full paragraph for others to work with is essential for details needed to play with multiple people.) Should you feel comfortable with that, I/we look forward to seeing the concept you whip up on a completed character sheet.
O/O's

Malgriff

Allright i wont be able to complete one just yet but I will have one up soon.

Kendra

EroticWinged - thanks for taking the time to edit your characters abilities.
I'm really fine with them as they are now and appreciate the extra effort in relating how those abilities will mature. You have my approval.