Re: Shadowrun Interest check. (No longer accepting chars.)

Started by Gary Stargazer, March 19, 2012, 04:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 20, 2012, 08:18:20 PM
Actually, Callie, Blinkin got his post caught up in the quote.  Read the last two lines of the quoted post.  I'm pretty sure you didn't write those.

Ah.. I see...

Blinkin

Quote from: Muse on March 20, 2012, 07:18:22 PM
  I'm trying to help Blinkin out over E-mail.  He bounced a mercenary concept off of me.

And I'm grateful for the help. I downloaded the quickstart and it was pretty much useless for character generation. I did change my mind to a street samerai because it seemed a little more straightforward.

Now... I'm starting to think that I'm not meant to play shadowrun. I played it for about 6 months years ago and haven't been able to find anyone who even wants to think about it since... and I'm driving myself knuts trying to figure out the generation system. *chuckles*

Blinkin
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Blinkin on March 20, 2012, 08:36:20 PM
And I'm grateful for the help. I downloaded the quickstart and it was pretty much useless for character generation. I did change my mind to a street samerai because it seemed a little more straightforward.

Now... I'm starting to think that I'm not meant to play shadowrun. I played it for about 6 months years ago and haven't been able to find anyone who even wants to think about it since... and I'm driving myself knuts trying to figure out the generation system. *chuckles*

Blinkin

What's the problem you're having..the mechanics have changed a little from 3 to 4. :D

Ignis

While I am working on finishing up and slowly formatting everything I just wanted to say that I am working on a hacker char. Anyone have a problem with that?

ReijiTabibito

Nope.  I think what we have so far are a Face, a Street Doc, a merc, and a Street Sam.  We're missing a hacker.

Ignis

Exactly why I went that route. That and I love computers and electronics (even though they dont always listen to me).

Callie Del Noire

ReijiTabibito

I think Muse is working on a Mage.

Ignis

I just wanted to make sure no one else started on one while I am working my way through the wireless world chapter.

Also I found this site and it might be helpfull. http://pavao.org/shadowrun/cheatsheets/

Callie Del Noire

I figure a couple dozen karma points down the line Akiko will start being a scary martial artist as well. :D

Gary Stargazer

How is it I'm running this when you guys seem to know so much more than me? >>
Official fanboy of Oreo. <3
Allow me to show you how I like to play. <3
I'm not just a member of The Oreo Fan Club, I'm the president.

Ignis

lol I dont know nothing. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :P

Other than stuff I found online when trying to find a place to host character sheets (we could all do them in the excel doc and upload to google docs btw) I dont know much. I know more about the setting and some general stuff than I do anything else.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Ignis on March 20, 2012, 09:12:59 PM
lol I dont know nothing. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :P

Other than stuff I found online when trying to find a place to host character sheets (we could all do them in the excel doc and upload to google docs btw) I dont know much. I know more about the setting and some general stuff than I do anything else.

I cheat.. I use hero lab to do the number crunching. And Reiji helped to polish her up. Then all I had to do was touch up the text output out of Herolab.

RubySlippers

Hacker, well I seem to have issues with the game when it comes to all the rules for building a cybersort although I get the how to do things with them rules building them is a bitch. Mind you I wouldn't mind having a cyber interface and a high end portable computer to jack into and raise hell not to mention enjoy all the cool fun stuff with them.

Just not sure what to do to build one though.

I know someone just make me one, no biggy a human and naturally tech savey. For one quality I want an addiction to being jacked into the system maybe not real bad but enough to be ,well, not right when not jacked in. A sleep regulator would be a good thing in the bioware. And leave the Knowledges alone and stick any extra BP's into that.

Contacts one high level one her boss maybe a crime figure that likes her could be her father or relative, a blogger and a few others.

Lets give her the flaw Pacifist at +5 BPs this way we can avoid wasting time on combat skills save dodge her arena of battle will not be physical but in the cyberrealm. Yes you may add armor and any bioware to make her harder to hurt there is a subdermal skin armor that would work maxed out with an armored jacket for defense. I could use a taser weapon and it should be easy to permit so maybe that just in case with pistols and the specialty for it.

Well who can create that with a program and post it I can fill in the details, PM me here if you need anything.

Character name will be: Fāng Tao
(chinese american)

Hacker Name: Mǐn Mǐn
(means quick, clever as a name with one Mǐn so she is doubly so ...  ;D )

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Gary Stargazer on March 20, 2012, 09:10:25 PM
How is it I'm running this when you guys seem to know so much more than me? >>

Because I study a system extensively in my spare times for days on end, noting prices and costs and the rules and so on and so forth.  I can't memorize all the rules per se, but I remember enough about the rules that I've studied that I develop a list of tricks and combos for almost every character type that I can use, as well as a general list of guidelines for all characters.

RubySlippers

GEEEEEEKKKKKKKK!!!!!  Aren't we all though.  :-*

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

CmdrRenegade

If there's a role to left to fill or a role needs a second, I can take that.  I'm new to Shadowrun but have wanted to try it for a long time.  I picked up the 20th Anniversary Edition awhile ago and have been itching to use it. 
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

ReijiTabibito

Gary, question for the GM.  If a Positive Quality gives bonuses to a skill a character doesn't have, then do they technically have that skill?

Example: The Quality Analytical Mind gives +2 dice to all Software and Data Search tests.  Does that mean that my character has Data Search 2 for purposes of whether or not the character has to default on a Data Search test?

Muse

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 21, 2012, 12:32:23 AM
Gary, question for the GM.  If a Positive Quality gives bonuses to a skill a character doesn't have, then do they technically have that skill?

Example: The Quality Analytical Mind gives +2 dice to all Software and Data Search tests.  Does that mean that my character has Data Search 2 for purposes of whether or not the character has to default on a Data Search test?

Or would those +2s be limited by the same limits to an augmented skill? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ignis

I think the only role we have left to fill at this point is the mage/wizard/shaman/ect.

Muse

Yo! 

Mage here. 

<--points to my spoiler text on the last page. 

Second one done. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Ignis, may I sugest: 

A rigger? 

A driver? 

A meat shield sort?  (Troll or dwarf whom we squishy sorts can hide behind?) 

A cat burglar sort? 

Ignis

lol shows how much I read the other characters so far. :P

I noticed RubySlippers wanted to be a hacker so I am working on a driver of sorts with to many guns. Actually more of a cat burglar sort I guess.

Muse