Really, Teen Vogue? Thanks for being entirely dehumanizing ... yet again.

Started by desert ashes, July 09, 2010, 08:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mieko

I just hope that attitude isn't as much of a trend as the magazine makes it out to be. But then media does tend to skewer and alter the truth of things at times. 0.o

And it's a shame so many girls don't have a positive enough self image to not just simply follow along with it all. I remember when I was in high school I had a really close male friend that to be honest. It could have gone one way or the other. No one was ever really sure if he was gay or not. But it wasn't something I really thought about much one way or the others. There's way too much emphasis now on being "cool' and generally the stuff that kids consider "cool" is anything but. Having a gay friend for an accessory rather than just having a friend for the sake of having a good friend is definately uncool I would think but then...maybe someday the real world will get a clue ^^

~That's me in my own litle dreamland  thinking lol~

Oniya

I had more male friends than female friends, no clue whatsoever about their sexuality.  Of course, I was more of a tomboy/nerd than most of the girls at my school could deal with.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh