The Right to Rule- Interest Check (a few spots still open)

Started by Untamed Skies, August 10, 2012, 11:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Untamed Skies

You make a good point, I'll go ahead and edit the topic again, we can always add more as time goes on in terms of suitors but before we start we probably ought to have a better man to woman ratio. If you decide too join with this character that sounds like she'd be great and we'd be happy to have her.

CarnivorousBunny

Name:
Bradford Folet

Title:
Only child and heir to the Folet estate and title.

Roles:
Cross-dresser, future lord and a novice alchemist.

Family:
Father: Lord Hugh Folet
Mother: The former Lady Lia Folet, diseased
Step-Mother: The current Lady Vivian Folet

Personality:
Bradford is not one to be pushed around.  Perhaps it is because of her masculine alter-ego, or perhaps it is the resentment she carries for having to live in a life made of fear and lies, but Bradford is an unyielding, humorless, calculating individual.  While not a heartless woman, it would not be best to hope for kindness or pity from her.  A chaotic neutral with too much to lose, her only true ally and friends are herself.  The only true joy she gets from life are from food, drink and music. After all, sensual responses and pleasures are the most basic and honest feelings.
When it comes to wooing the princess, Bradford is not the most enthusiastic of the suitors but she feels that may play to her advantage.  With a cool head and reason, she feels that she won't intimidate or be a threat to the princess.

Background:
The only man who can control Bradford is her father.  For as long as she could remember, her father threatened her, cursed at her and beat her whenever she did not do as he willed.  He said it was her punishment for not being born male.  After Bradford turned thirteen her mother passed away, and she was truly alone.   

Her father remarried instantly.  The new wife her father took in is young, silly and stupid.  While Bradford has nothing against the woman herself, she knows that if this woman produces a male heir, while Bradford would be free from the lies, she lose all purpose in life and have no more place in the court and family, and would need to be exiled from the kingdom to save her family's reputation.  Bradford took up alchemy to ensure that this new wife's monthly courses never failed, and so far it has been working.
Aware that the world of men is a hard and violent one, Bradford was all for learning how to wield weapons and defend herself.  While she has no talent for archery and jousting, she is nimble and dexterous, allowing her fair proficiency with the sword.

In recent years her father has been ecstatic that the princess has been refusing suitors.  He drools from the mouth like a hungry, greedy dog at the thought of being able to take the throne.  The man is plotting, and uses the ever reluctant Bradford as his gopher and spy.

Lord Hugh Folet's primary focus was to amass wealth as quickly as possible, so he invested in crafts.  To this day the best quality dyes in the kingdom come from the House of Folet, and their artisan blacksmiths come up with breathtaking works.  While not primarily militant, the Folet house has a fairly strong defense.  Bradford's father is not one to allow anyone to take his land and money without a fight.
The Folet house colors is a black bear against a two-toned green banner.

Height:
5 feet and 10 inches

Weight:
155 lbs

Build:
While boyish and toned, her build is graceful and pretty.  Bradford is lean with a small to medium sized bust.  Her shoulders are wide and square, but slender and her behind is a little too round and shapely to be that of a man.

Hair:
Dark brown, usually messy.

Eyes:
Dark brown.

Other Features:
Her chest is always bound, sometimes with a thin plate of metal under her shirt just in case.  She has a long, but thin scar on her left cheek from an incident from her childhood.  Bradford has a handful of other scars, but they are hidden under her clothing.

my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Untamed Skies

She looks Great, lots of motivation and potential drama and conflict. Since she's posing as a male is she trying to be a suitor? Or is she just a noble in the castle too "protect" the princess?

CarnivorousBunny

Hm, good question.  Initially I was thinking she could just be there to "protect" the princess, but then when I really thought about it, she could be trying to woo the princess and she and her father could just have a plan to murder her after the marriage.
One of the reasons I gave her the alchemy skill was so that she could have a basic knowledge of poisons up her sleeve as well.

I suppose I could take a suitor slot, it would also allow the RP to get a step closer to starting.
my  o&o and a&a

Untamed Skies

Ok I'll go add her in then. If we suddenly get a bunch of males looking to be suitors then we can change things up again if you'd prefer too have her back in her original role. But for the time being this works great.

CarnivorousBunny

my  o&o and a&a

Untamed Skies

Ok, so as it stands we are still in need of at least two men, at this point they don't need to be suitors, as we have two, and they are contrasting enough we can probably have a lot of fun with it. (Though having four compete against one another would probably be funner then two). If we get two more I'll go ahead and officially create the thread over where we can roleplay.

So here's a quick question for everyone. Is anyone really interested in having NPC's too interact with or pick up for needed plots? It occurred too me when I was at work today that this was one of the types of rp's where it's easy too bring in a npc and send it away or kill it just as fast. 

Also I've noticed there are a few threads that end up getting a OCC thread, would that be something everyone wanted for this as well?

CarnivorousBunny

Hm, I think we do need NPCs, but they don't need to be very significant to the story. 

For sure Bradford's father will be around a lot, and there should be a few others such as Roland Dusk that seem significant to the story.
And I can see Bradford or her father either trying to influence of getting rid of the supporters of the princess from the shadows, but this can be implied rather than played out, so there may be no real need for fleshed out, to semi-fleshed out NPCs.

An OOC is always good, it's another link for people to see and click if they're interested in the game.  Just post the link to the recruitment thread so they can check it out.
my  o&o and a&a

Chelemar

we will need NPC suitors to kick around. :D I can play some of those myself.  Or anyone who wants to have a bit of fun can as well.. .no need for charry sheets do we?

As and we need an OOC for sure as we will have to move our characters there :)  as well as discuss anything that is to happen in character that is not secret there. :)

If you are not familiar with how to do it, you simply start the OOC thread with the same title and in the same section, I.E. NC human free form, small groups:The Right to Rule
and  NC human free form, small groups:  The Right to Rule, OOC
:)  If you know how to do it, nennamind what I just wrote LOL

Untamed Skies

This would actually be the first time a OOC thread would make sense. I did actually have an idea for a Suitor that everyone can likely have a bit of fun with here and there. I don't think we're doing a "for the princess's hand," if we don't have a snobby flamboyant noble.

No you don't need character sheets for a NPC unless you want to give more back story on your concept. Unless someone else wants him, I will go ahead and take control of Roland Dusk, since the princess is preoccupied with men and there still isn't technically a voice of supreme power in the land the Steward would still have power, and would make sense too appear here and there.

Really until they're picked up we have other guards, lords, generals, soldiers, servants, The Adviser, the Head of House, and other roles like that which are generally apart of life. So I'd say if at any point in time if the mood hits don't shy away from it.

(So for the delay in replying have been enthralled with the Roast of Roseanne)

LordLuck

I am quite interested into the Princess' Hand as well! :)

And of course, on the rest of her too. Would you guys accept another pretender? I'm thinking of balancing it a little with an older sort of man, maybe the head of a noble house that could offer her both coin and armed men to keep her throne and claim.

I'll post the elaborated character up here later on as soon as it shows possible!!! :)
Mourning.

Untamed Skies

Yeah, that'd be fine, as all walks of nobles and lords are trying too their hand at it. I'm very confident not everyone trusts their son with something so crucial. Go ahead and post your character.

Edited: I apologize I Wasn't thinking your spot is reserved on the roster

LordLuck

Name: Lord Morholt Strong Arm, of House Webber
Title: Duke Webber, Marshall of the Western Reaches
Roles: Head of House Webber
Family: House Webber, being:
Father: Lord Reyne Webber, deceased
Mother: Lady Laura Webber-Collet, deceased
Wife: Lady Lenore Webber-Collet, was 22, recently deceased on childbed
Brothers: Ser Aaron Webber, 28, and Ser Lanildot Webber, 24, both Knights of the Realm
            - Lady Anna Fargrath, 27, married to Ser Aaron; mother of three young boys and a girl.
Bastards: Gathrad Grove, child of a peasant woman, 16 years old.
                Marius, child of a fishwife, 15 years old. 
                Robert Grove, child of a washerwoman, 8 years old.
                Julia, child of a baker's wife, 4 years old.
Personality: Proud and Haughty, the Master of House Webber clear and openly despises all other suitors to the Princess' hand, considering himself the only 'eligible' match for her hand. The man is older than most of the other contendants, and is certainly gloomy when questioned about his wife's recent passing. However, it is clear that the old webber was never too much attached to the laws of matrimony, more than once sirring himself bastards amongst the women that served his Castle and Fiefdoms, and many other places. Sometimes agressive and others a brute, it reflects on his warrior's choice of weapons, wielding himself a flail rather than a sword - a weapon that can be dangerous to it's own wielder, if without practice. Proven more than fertile, given his man bastard children.
Background: House Webber is one of the Great Houses of the Realm, their colours a red spider against a black banner, with white and silver webs on the background. Known for it's militant character, the nobleman could marshall and gather the most number of warriors and soldiers of the entire kingdom through both power of coin and the peasants that serve on his fiefdoms. Many lesser houses owe Webber their allegiance, meaning his military might is unmatched when coming to numbers of swords and spears to gather. Not the fairest child of the Webber's house, however. Ever since young age, the Lordling that would be Morholt Webber was prone to violence as a way to prove himself worthy of a lady's attentions.
Height: 1.83 meters
Weight: 90 kgs
Build: Strong, broad shoulders and thick arms and legs, but the years starts to show making him a round belly to match his barrel-chest.
Hair: Dark brown. Only shown into his bear, as his hair was clean shaven once he started to grow naturally bald.
Eyes: Grey
Other Features: Slowly grows fat, albeit always riding in jousts and fighting into melee in every tournament possible. A leader of man, a ponderous fighter that takes pride into his skill on both battlefield and bedchamber.

EDIT: Oh, just seen your Edit right now. I was posting the character up as you written it down. Well, I can always modify the character as needed to make him fit - if possible, of course.
Mourning.

Untamed Skies

Ooh no he's fine, and he's accepted. The only questions I have for him is if he's a general or not. He's just old enough he might have been a soldier at the end of the war with Miranth. As the serving age for military and guards and such is 16 he might be one of the surviving officers left over from Mad King Wallace's march of fire. His father might even have perished in the campaign

LordLuck

I'm glad! :)

Well, he is a Lord who drills troops and can certainly command them. Yes, he might act as a general, but as I had seen Morholt as being part of an older aristocracy, it would really depend on how the Kingdom's Military is Organized. Around a Modern Military, certainly he could be a general. The thing is, there could be a general that isn't of noble birth...
I do like the idea of having him being a veteran of the war with Miranth, yes. That could work wonderfully. The idea of having his father perishing in that war also appeals to me very much.

Morholt is meant to be someone that can offer much in the way of warriors and maybe even coin, but that is less than 'pleasant' in person sometimes.
Mourning.

Untamed Skies

I think in this time in place it's likely either you're a general who employs soldiers, or a lord who has a large mercenary force working under him. If you ever heard of Romance of the Three Kingdoms era, or the Feudal era of Japan, the state of the country is very close too the brink of civil war among nobles trying too get power, but has thus far been held in check. So it's very possible you're accumulating man power too fend off these traitors. It's possible you have a plan in case the princess chooses poorly, and don't forge the wounds between Miranth are still fresh, if things stay this way too long perhaps Erani will look too vulnerable and could invite attack from Miranth and start a new war, or even the neighboring countries. There are a great number of reasons too have your troops you might think about.

Untamed Skies

On another note right now we have we have 7 people in the group, 3 men too 4 women and 3 suitors vying for the princess's hand. I believe we have enough we can get the role play started and leave it open for just a couple more people too join. I'm thinking a cap of ten would probably be appropriate. I figured I'd go ahead and get everyone's opinion we could wait a bit longer and have a full cast or go ahead and start.

CarnivorousBunny

Finished editing my profile.

I don't mind starting up soon. Again, more interest may be generated once we have more threads up in different forums.
my  o&o and a&a

Chelemar

Zealously Jaded

Untamed Skies

Alright sorry for the delay, bunch of the pictures didn't want too work.

Story Thread

OOC Thread