WrestleManiaXXVIII- Can you smell what's cooking?!

Started by The Golden Touch, April 03, 2011, 06:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

Oh absolutely, but modern WWE style matches (especially including older performers) often feature and ending sequence consisting of big move, lie down/sit for a minute or two, big move, lie down, repeat. It's a necessary evil when you have 40+ year old performers competing (outside of Japan where they seem to keep going regardless of age but then they're inhuman) but there's no doubt it impact on the quality of a match.

As I say, compare the end sequence here to the end sequence of their first WM match... that had a lot fewer breaks in it.

consortium11

On a side note I'm also not a big fan of the gogoplata as a finisher... but then I dislike most MMA/BJJ/"legitimate" submission moves as finishers, at least in the US where pro-wrestling doesn't have the symbiotic relationship with MMA/shoot wrestling it does in Japan. Del Rio gets a bit of a pass because of the flair he uses in the set up of his armbar.

Vicky the best heel on TV?

Could well be true...

And Lay-Cool the most entertaining thing in WWE?

That might be true as well.

Layla needs to keep throwing shoes at people forever.

The Golden Touch

True. Matters little to me really. I'm happy to say that The Undertaker won. But I agree with Aiden, that it should be an up and coming star to beat Taker if that's the way he's going to go out.

I love the comment 'I thought black was suppose to be slimming' when Vickie enters.  As well as the sign from a fan... "Shut up, Vickie!"

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

The Golden Touch

Sixth Match
Six Man Tag Match [Mixed Gender]

John Morrison & Trish Stratus & Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler & Layla & Michelle McCool

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

The Golden Touch

Sixth Match
Six man tag team match

John Morrison & Trish Stratus & Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler & Layla & Michelle McCool

Winner: John Morrison & Trish Stratus & Snooki

The gymnastics of Snooki was the game ender for me... That woman is hot honestly. ^ ^;;

consortium11

Great booking for a quick match.

Fun, short, to the point... and Snooki looked great for a virtually untrained celebrity. Compared to her cast mates appearances in TNA damn near perfect.

+ Trish if possible looks better as a brunette.

SinXAzgard21

direct tv is retarded... saying that wrestlemania is 5 hours long lol.

The Golden Touch

Seventh Match
For the WWE Title

The Miz v. John Cena

Winner to be announced.

SinXAzgard21

Oh crap he is going religious..... This is proof that bible thumping is everywhere -is joking of course-

consortium11

Cena... the challenger remember... gets to come out second and have the big entrance?

SinXAzgard21

HOLY SHIT HE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A RAINBOW TURD..... Finally some one dressed Cena in actual light.

SinXAzgard21

The Golden Touch

Geeklet

Quote from: consortium11 on April 03, 2011, 09:12:58 PM

Vicky the best heel on TV?

Could well be true...

And Lay-Cool the most entertaining thing in WWE?

That might be true as well.

I'll agree with you on the Vickie thing. Its amazing to see what she's been able to do with the opportunity she was given.

Laycool bores me to tears, though. I mean, they are decent enough in the ring, but when it comes to everything else? Zzzzzzzz

SinXAzgard21

consortium11

There's no heat for this match right now... everyone's just waiting for the Rock to show up.

I'll wax lyrical about the qualities of Lay-Cool later.

The Golden Touch

Seventh Match
For the WWE Title
The Miz v. John Cena

Winner: DRAW

I honestly like that Cena is 7-0 in his WrestleMania, and Miz is only 1-0.  Cena is an entertaining WWE Star, while the Miz is equally entertaining but some kind of annoying. They are even on the pinfalls... After watching The Undertaker and Triple H battle it out, this match is ridiculously slow. The crowd, the announcers... Everything is not as high tension honestly.
GAH! Honestly, the last few minutes... Finally the excitement with Attitude Adjustments twice, and now a draw.

consortium11

What a terrible false finish.

Even Rock had his heat stolen it was so bad.

The Golden Touch

As I figured would happen... The "anonymous" GM dinging. Sigh. Finally, Rock is on the floor.  Haaaaaaaa... IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!

MOAR WrestleMania!

The Golden Touch

Rematch
The Miz v. John Cena

Winner: The Miz

Ta Da... The Miz... Wtf?

-Headdesks-

consortium11

It's sad that the highlight of a WM main event is a Rock promo/beatdown.

There's GOT to be a Rock/Cena match now... but the issue is they won't be able to stretch out an angle all the way to the next WM or even Summerslam.

As soon as the Rock agreed to come back they should have mixed the booking up and made him vs Cena and put Miz against someone else.

The Golden Touch

SinXAzgard21

Yeah, okay that last match was horrible...  Plain and simple it was like watching the Goldberg vs. Lesnar match all over again.

Ket

* Ket is re-watching since her cable company lets you buy it and watch it twice in a row.

And since I missed the beginning because I wasn't going to watch it at first, but evidently Hooters was too packed and Mr. Ket couldn't get a table.

That last match was a serious disappointment.

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.